ADVERTISEMENT

Top performers thus far:

It’s crazy that UD nor Del State have offered this kid! Embarrassing!
With the crap Del State puts out year after year, you have to wonder why they aren't recruiting more in state. They're not going to win the NCAA tournament, and they couldn't possibly be worse with at least a few Delaware guys.

The Hornets are 2-15, and one of those wins came against St. Elizabeth. No, not THAT St. Elizabeth, although that would likely be a close game. They lost to something named Washington Adventist.

With the crap Del State puts out year after year, you have to wonder why they aren't recruiting more in state. They're not going to win the NCAA tournament, and they couldn't possibly be worse with at least a few Delaware guys.

The Hornets are 2-15, and one of those wins came against St. Elizabeth. No, not THAT St. Elizabeth, although that would likely be a close game. They lost to something named Washington Adventist.
Del State has 1 D1 win this year sitting at that 2-15, D3 Wesley led them the entire regulation in an exhibition game before losing in OT & the Washington Adventist school that they lost to is an NAIA team. And this is all w/ their super senior Dayton transfer John Crosby, they would for sure go 0 for the season this year without him.

At one point in time I had heard that they were interested in Elijah Allen but I guess they have not offered to date.

Last edited:
Don’t count out Appoquinimink either. I saw them the other night and their starting 5 was very solid and their bench was pretty deep with kids that actually can contribute. Don’t know much about the coach but they definitely got dudes out there.
Appo goes down at the hands of St. Andrew’s today 69-66.

How about Brandon Smith he's leading Smryna in scoring. Without him they wouldn't be that good this year. Plus the coaches got a leash on him . Had 25 against Dover first time they played . And had 16 the second time they played. Hes been the most consistent player in there team period.

How about Brandon Smith he's leading Smryna in scoring. Without him they wouldn't be that good this year. Plus the coaches got a leash on him . Had 25 against Dover first time they played . And had 16 the second time they played. Hes been the most consistent player in there team period.
BINGO!!! I would have Brandon Smith 1st Team All Conference. He makes Smyrna go & I was just saying last game against CR it’s as if Coach Mears has been holding him back even last year when they brought the younger Credle kid up from JV & he was getting more time than Smith. He is a true point guard, scores when he needs to & plays very good defense.

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
BINGO!!! I would have Brandon Smith 1st Team All Conference. He makes Smyrna go & I was just saying last game against CR it’s as if Coach Mears has been holding him back even last year when they brought the younger Credle kid up from JV & he was getting more time than Smith. He is a true point guard, scores when he needs to & plays very good defense.

Smith is putting up some numbers and he does have a very good handle to the smyrna offense. Left him off earlier in the season since the talk seemed to be centered around Sylvester. Smith is very solid tho, finally saw him last week.

Reactions: King Flake
Smith is putting up some numbers and he does have a very good handle to the smyrna offense. Left him off earlier in the season since the talk seemed to be centered around Sylvester. Smith is very solid tho, finally saw him last week.
Sylvester is a decent player that mainly just looks to score & gets mentioned from what he did last season, but ask anybody who has played Smyrna this year or watched them play & they will tell you who have to contain for Smyrna & that’s Smith. He cooked Dover twice this year & had Coach Wilson throwing fits on the sidelines...LoL Salako does a good job for an undersized big man down low for Smyrna too.

Sylvester is a decent player that mainly just looks to score & gets mentioned from what he did last season, but ask anybody who has played Smyrna this year or watched them play & they will tell you who have to contain for Smyrna & that’s Smith. He cooked Dover twice this year & had Coach Wilson throwing fits on the sidelines...LoL Salako does a good job for an undersized big man down low for Smyrna too.

According to the game I watched, it was Sylvester who had the game high for Smyrna vs Dover at Smyrna. He was the one giving Dover problems. And he didn’t suit up the first game against Dover.

According to the game I watched, it was Sylvester who had the game high for Smyrna vs Dover at Smyrna. He was the one giving Dover problems. And he didn’t suit up the first game against Dover.
Smith had 15 that game & 24 the first game that gave Dover problems which would be the game you said Sylvester didn’t suit up, did you catch that game? Smyrna lost a close one tonight to a very good defensive William Penn team 47-45 & Smith had 18 of those 45.

This was updated 6 days ago by https://depreps.rivals.com/.. thoughts?

v9xiuqdclmnc9b776vfn

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
I assume you meant DePreps not Maxpreps.. I don't see him credited for anything related to MaxPreps..Looks like he did some lists with the copy paste guy dawrestling for PAHoops' Delaware page as well as some lists for 2LL Hoops Delaaware page..As well as this DePreps.com..

Doesn't really write anything just lists..

This list seems lazy to me. Like someone who really isn't watching the games but coming up with names, sizes and stats from websiteforsports.com.. and his buddy Dawrestling just copy/paste's game recaps from same place... LMAO...silliness...

http://www.pahoops.org/leader_board_delaware.htm

https://llhoops.com/home/delaware-boys-high-school-basketball-2017-2018-all-state/

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy_Naismith
Watkins need be pimp smacked with that list. Brandon from Smryna not on list either.. Smh
@Hoopsdownstate5, Come on man Curtis is like 70 yrs old you can’t just go around pimp smacking people...LoL I will say that the majority of the games he gets out to see are upstate games & he goes to a lot of those but he mostly uses his connections, box scores & ears for the players downstate. Now if there is a good player from downstate that happens to be playing someone upstate he usually tries to see them.

Agreed though...Smyrna’s Brandon Smith & Tech’s Skylar Johnson should be on this list. Those are 2 kids who could both be 1st Team All Henlopen North this year along w/ Dover’s big 3 (CR’s Marvel deserves to be on there also).

@Hoopsdownstate5, Come on man Curtis is like 70 yrs old you can’t just go around pimp smacking people...LoL I will say that the majority of the games he gets out to see are upstate games & he goes to a lot of those but he mostly uses his connections, box scores & ears for the players downstate. Now if there is a good player from downstate that happens to be playing someone upstate he usually tries to see them.

Agreed though...Smyrna’s Brandon Smith & Tech’s Skylar Johnson should be on this list. Those are 2 kids who could both be 1st Team All Henlopen North this year along w/ Dover’s big 3 (CR’s Marvel deserves to be on there also).

First part of this had me in tears lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT