ADVERTISEMENT

Top ten teams next year?

That's a solid lineup. Harden is a ball hawk and will put straps on some perimeter players. Since the Dadzie kid started over Harden last year I can see it being the same especially if Dadzie can knock down shots. If he can't knock down shots then we have another situation.

Cale transferred do he don't be in DE this year. I hope DIAA is taking notice bc our kids are leaving for better bumps (games vs better competition). We need s change bc our kids can get all they need with out leaving as long as DIAA is willing to bend a little.

Going to miss watching Cale play. He is SPECIAL

That's a solid lineup. Harden is a ball hawk and will put straps on some perimeter players. Since the Dadzie kid started over Harden last year I can see it being the same especially if Dadzie can knock down shots. If he can't knock down shots then we have another situation.

Cale transferred do he don't be in DE this year. I hope DIAA is taking notice bc our kids are leaving for better bumps (games vs better competition). We need s change bc our kids can get all they need with out leaving as long as DIAA is willing to bend a little.

Going to miss watching Cale play. He is SPECIAL
yea he started Dadiez over Jerry. and cost them a lot of games... they went out first round... bad decision... if he do it again ... they won't get out of second round...

Last time i checked.. Re is still the coach at Cape... he has no clue... you can have all the talent in the world.. if you have coach wont play them at the same time its piontless... top 10 yea.. top 5 not even close.. alls it takes is common sense with all that talent.. so please dont hype Cape ul like that... Stan would have them playing fors title..

There is no way Noah should start. That is just not smart. The skinny kid who started games last year and belonged on JV he shouldn't be on the court either. He still plays scared and can't defend! I will take JoJo over him. They said he was a shooter but I've never seen him make a shot. Re doesn't use his Talent right. This Cape team should run 90% of the time if the game situation is right. They won't, it will be a half court offense and they will score maybe 60ppg. When they have the talent to be in the 80-85ppg range and to run teams out the gym and play some great defense with their length and athletic ability.

I think you is wrong about the coaching part.. How can you say its up to the players? If there not in the game playing at the same time together... Coach Re wont start that line up because of his priđe.... watch and see.. its all about coaching.. no other waynea to put it..

Yea Re just isn't the right coach for this team Stan would have Cape playing great from day 1!

yea he started Dadiez over Jerry. and cost them a lot of games... they went out first round... bad decision... if he do it again ... they won't get out of second round...

The kid isn't his dad and can't play on that level still. He looked lost and there was no way Jerry shouldn't have been starting over him and going in the game before him. Re just has his picks and its not just from on the court because that kid got abused and he will again this year.

Yea Re just isn't the right coach for this team Stan would have Cape playing great from day 1!
I 100% agree with you and I watched them play. in the summer and he still has him starting... going be a long year down in Lewes, DE... they play way too slow.. and there conditioning is horrible... I would rank them 6-8... just because of coaching

Reactions: basketball24/7
St.e'z
Dover
Glasgow
Sanford
Newark
Sallies
AI
Mount
Smyrna
Cape

Dover loss just about everybody from last year's team as far as productivity-wise so I'm not sure why you have them ranked so high. They they usually reload quick & have some nice young talent coming in but I don't think that you can rank them preseason Top 10 especially over a team like St. Thomas More that returns everybody & upset Dover last year in the playoffs at Dover. I'd have CR ahead of Dover right now but should be an interesting season for both.

Dover lost pretty much everyone as it was said earlier. Don't see them competing for the Henlopen at all. I did see that Palmer who was at Polytech then went to CR is at Dover. But people are saying he broke his leg which hurts Dover especially with little talent they have. Why he wouldn't stay at CR is mind blowing. CR is definitely better then Dover this year.

Smyrna lost a lot of production as well. Return Matthews and Garnett but with the rumors that Garnett might end up in Maryland is never good for Eagles Fans. Wouldn't have them ranked in the top 5 or 10.. Cape is the best North team but I never saw them play their best game which is scary. Really impressed with the Robertson kid hope they do something for us downstate people

1.Mount
2.St.E
3.Sallies
4.Sanford
5.STM
6.Cape
7.Glasgow
8.Newark
9.Woodbridge
10.Caravel I like the Alderman kid only reasons they are there.

I see Sanford on the tops of all these lists, but who are they bringing in to replace Dixon, Walsh, and Evans production?

I see Sanford on the tops of all these lists, but who are they bringing in to replace Dixon, Walsh, and Evans production?

Will be a case of people being a year older- can Rufo help fill Walsh's spot? Davis, Harris, and Perkins- all 8th-graders last year- have a lot of potential. Sanford is probably a year or two away from being a title favorite but they will probably be a lot better at the end of the year than at the beginning. 8 out-of-state games (or close to it, depending on who they play at Slam Dunk) should prepare them well for the tournament.

Sanford's always going to be in the conversation as long as they still have the best coach in the state. They won the title with Davis missing significant time with that foot/ankle injury (of course they had Mikey), but the state hasn't really seen what a healthy Davis can do and that should be fun.

Reactions: jvm3
This is a rebuilding year for Sanford, they lost some very talented experience gaurds. They will still be good but Davis alone is not enough, they need to reload.

Reactions: jvm3
Davis still has 4 years left.... he will be playing at Kentucky one day...and NBA.. Sanford win another title in 2 years

watch and see Davis will destroy everything in Delaware.. areas doing it on aau national level... only going to 9th.. going be way better thani Ingram, kent and Cale.. watch and see..

I don't know if you have any relations with this young man but please slow down on him. He hasn't even played a full high school season yet and your already making out to be the best player out of Delaware.. Let the young man prove his talents on the court doubt he wants you on here bragging about him.

watch and see Davis will destroy everything in Delaware.. areas doing it on aau national level... only going to 9th.. going be way better thani Ingram, kent and Cale.. watch and see..

You say that like it's a bad thing for delaware, we all hope he does get that good but he's still a baby lets not get ahead of ourselves. You also would have to compare him to players at his position, Cale is the only relevant comparison from the kids u mentioned. Ingraham & Kent 6'9 & 6'10, both play the 4& 5 position. The way I see it I'm proud that the small state of delaware can get national recognition for having multiple players mentioned as part of the national debate on talent including the number 1 point gaurd in the nation in Duval, along with Kids like Davis, Kent, Ayala, Ingraham, Cale, Cramer, etc. These are things to be proud off. Now as far as Sanford is concerned, that would be unfair to exspect him alone to carry them. Let's be realistic.

No relation.. Watched Davis Play Aau Nationally he is ranked in top 5 ... Not talking about Delaware basketball.. Think you guys better watch Aau... Całe is good but no where this good at this age as Davis... Aau gets you in Major Colleges ... Not Playing a full year Delaware yet means nothing.. Lol..

I agree with junkie! He is a nice player, saw him play AAU... However being ranked 5 nationally (not sure by who?) in 8th,9th grade is meaningless. Saw Cale play at that age, he was badass! He put the work in and became a 4 star recruit. If Davis continues to grows physically and mentally, puts the work in, only then will he, or any other (ranked or unranked) player that age be significant. Lets not worship underclassman and put too much pressure on them or worse give them a false sense of achievment. I wish nothing but the best for him...

No relation.. Watched Davis Play Aau Nationally he is ranked in top 5 ... Not talking about Delaware basketball.. Think you guys better watch Aau... Całe is good but no where this good at this age as Davis... Aau gets you in Major Colleges ... Not Playing a full year Delaware yet means nothing.. Lol..

Rankings are ok but don't get caught up to much in rankings, especially with young kids. College coaches are experts at evaluating talent therefore they don't put much weight into the opinions of ranking site especially ones ranking babies. Many not even paying attention to anyone at the 9th grade level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dropping 3's
Wat?
Rankings are ok but don't get caught up to much in rankings, especially with young kids. College coaches are experts at evaluating talent therefore they don't put much weight into the opinions of ranking site especially ones ranking babies. Many not even paying attention to anyone at the 9th grade level.

?? If you think that college dont pay attention to 9 graders...
Wat??? I forgot we in Delaware... We way behind time.. They recruit at middle school level now... They play Close attention... I think you need to get out of De and see for yourself..

I agree with junkie! He is a nice player, saw him play AAU... However being ranked 5 nationally (not sure by who?) in 8th,9th grade is meaningless. Saw Cale play at that age, he was badass! He put the work in and became a 4 star recruit. If Davis continues to grows physically and mentally, puts the work in, only then will he, or any other (ranked or unranked) player that age be significant. Lets not worship underclassman and put too much pressure on them or worse give them a false sense of achievment. I wish nothing but the best for him...
Wat.. I see why DE so far behind in basketball.. They recruit in 5 and 6 grade now.. Owe if you think its meaningless in 8Th and 9th.. Please stop talking about basketball.. You have no clue...

Wat.. I see why DE so far behind in basketball.. They recruit in 5 and 6 grade now.. Owe if you think its meaningless in 8Th and 9th.. Please stop talking about basketball.. You have no clue...

B.s I talk to college coaches daily they don't recruit babies, youth sports is highly profitable, only hype men selling exposure, tournaments, camps, training and rankings for profit try and convince parents that they recruiting babies to sell their basketball products, it's all a hussle $$$$$$. Furthermore, Delaware is not far behind, national AAU compitition has provided an avenue for our kids to get better despite resrictive DIAA policies.. Hoopsdownstate, what's the highest level of Bball u ever competed at or coached @. I don't think u get it I speak from having done, u sound delusional. When i travel the country im in meetings with coaches at many major schools, know them personally. NCAA rules on recruiting only allow questionaires until sophmore year. You cannot sign or commit until junior year. College sports is a business and If coaches don't win, they lose their jobs, so from a business perspective what good is recruiting a kid in 8th grade, the focus is on kids in high school that are soon to graduate. The only exception to this is kids like Marvin Bagley, Nazi Reid, or other bigs. These kids have a gift of size plus talent so If I see or hear of one of these kids in eight grade a questionnaire goes out. The other situation is kids playing up on high school & AAU teams. If I happen to be watching a high school or AAU game and see a talented prospect playing up and doing well, a questionnaire goes out. But who the hell has time to be watching middle school kids. Its even a waste of time to go to high school games anymore unless u showing a particular prospect how much u want them. Lastly I know all the hype men personally, coach Francis, mike Melton etc. Getting paid. Raking it in on the middle school level. Parents get hooked like they on crack for the writeups these guys put out. Especially Francis, great writer, great salesman, they have sold u b.s.

Last edited:
B.s I talk to college coaches daily they don't recruit babies, youth sports is highly profitable, only hype men selling exposure, tournaments, camps, training and rankings for profit try and convince parents that they recruiting babies to sell their basketball products, it's all a hussle $$$$$$. Furthermore, Delaware is not far behind, national AAU compitition has provided an avenue for our kids to get better despite resrictive DIAA policies.. Hoopsdownstate, what's the highest level of Bball u ever competed at or coached @. I don't think u get it I speak from having done, u sound delusional. When i travel the country im in meetings with coaches at many major schools, know them personally. NCAA rules on recruiting only allow questionaires until sophmore year. You cannot sign or commit until junior year. College sports is a business and If coaches don't win, they lose their jobs, so from a business perspective what good is recruiting a kid in 8th grade, the focus is on kids in high school that are soon to graduate. The only exception to this is kids like Marvin Bagley, Nazi Reid, or other bigs. These kids have a gift of size plus talent so If I see or hear of one of these kids in eight grade a questionnaire goes out. The other situation is kids playing up on high school & AAU teams. If I happen to be watching a high school or AAU game and see a talented prospect playing up and doing well, a questionnaire goes out. But who the hell has time to be watching middle school kids. Its even a waste of time to go to high school games anymore unless u showing a particular prospect how much u want them. Lastly I know all the hype men personally, coach Francis, mike Melton etc. Getting paid. Raking it in on the middle school level. Parents get hooked like they on crack for the writeups these guys put out. Especially Francis, great writer, great salesman, they have sold u b.s.

Lol

Smyrna has recieved to transfers don't know much about them except one is 7'2 and rhe other is 6'10. Hward they could play also, just gonna have to wait and find out.

You are correct. Junior and sophomore players. Delaware will come to know these young men as Zubie and Albie. Very respectful and coachable kids. Their ego's are still in check. It will be intriguing to see if the coaching staff at Smyrna will be able to implement a big man offensive scheme. They have been a perimeter shooting team since Coach Starky left. Their starting 5 lineup by height 7'1" 7'0" 6'5" 6'4" 6'3". Disadvantage only 1 senior in starting line up. Will that cost them down the line??????

I see Mount making some noise this year if they use the pieces right. They have talent that's good all they need is the opportunity to play. They have JV players moving up Sean Carrol and number 50 I think his name Isaiha. You Put Isaiha in the game with Deshong and Cramer they will own the boards. Let Keyon and Sean Carrol be ya back court with that bench they have they can go back to the Bob.

I see Mount making some noise this year if they use the pieces right. They have talent that's good all they need is the opportunity to play. They have JV players moving up Sean Carrol and number 50 I think his name Isaiha. You Put Isaiha in the game with Deshong and Cramer they will own the boards. Let Keyon and Sean Carrol be ya back court with that bench they have they can go back to the Bob.
hearing mount has transfers.. turner brothers from howard and hodges from willam penn not sure can anybody confirm ?

You are correct. Junior and sophomore players. Delaware will come to know these young men as Zubie and Albie. Very respectful and coachable kids. Their ego's are still in check. It will be intriguing to see if the coaching staff at Smyrna will be able to implement a big man offensive scheme. They have been a perimeter shooting team since Coach Starky left. Their starting 5 lineup by height 7'1" 7'0" 6'5" 6'4" 6'3". Disadvantage only 1 senior in starting line up. Will that cost them down the line??????

I don't think not having a senior in the lineup will hurt them at all considering that they have 2 All-Conference returning starters in Garnett & Matthews along with the other dark-skin kid (forget his name) that was the 6th man last year and played a lot of minutes at the point. If what you're saying is true & they basically add two 7-footers to that then no seniors should not matter at all especially here in Delaware.

So both of these guys are enrolled, started school & eligible to play right away this year?

I don't think not having a senior in the lineup will hurt them at all considering that they have 2 All-Conference returning starters in Garnett & Matthews along with the other dark-skin kid (forget his name) that was the 6th man last year and played a lot of minutes at the point. If what you're saying is true & they basically add two 7-footers to that then no seniors should not matter at all especially here in Delaware.

So both of these guys are enrolled, started school & eligible to play right away this year?
yes

The 6th man was Dymere. I agree with your comments. I also heard they have a 3rd transfer from PA... WoW.....

Yup they also got a transfer from PA a 6'4 F. Not having a senior shouldn't do anything towards this team run. They have more then enough talent interested to see how it all plans out.

Smyrna won't make it to final four.. Guard play is real week... Now that Worthy gone.. Easy to lockdown Matthews... More attention was on Worthy.. Cape will beat them..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT