ADVERTISEMENT

TOURNEY - 1st ROUND May 24, 2018 - Delmarva/DMA

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
#18 Delmarva Christian (12-4) @ #15 DMA (11-6). These two did not play each other this year

Delmarva Christian had a great year. This is their FIRST appearance in the post season. In fact this is only their 2nd winning record in their 11 year history. They were .500 last year and 9-8 in 2011. Now I must address the critical side, they only had 3 games against playoff teams this year and I believe only played 3 games against teams with winning records. Their crown jewel this year was beating IR 8-6. Their other two good opponents were RLCA (lost 10-4) and Delmar (lost 14-0). Delmarva is scoring just under 8 runs per game and allowing just under 5 runs per game. Culver is 6-0 while Schlabach and Workman have pitched well.

DMA is another team starting off slow with a tough schedule. They started 0-3 against St Marks, Mtown and Conrad. Turned it around with a 17-3 win over Archmere but lost 8-7 to Tower Hill. Since that 2-4 start, they won 8 straight and finished the season 9-2 in their last 11 games beating NC, RLCA, CR, Glasgow and losing to Appo and Dover. Unfortunately they did lose 2 of their last 3 to end the season. They are 4-5 against this year playoff teams. DMA is scoring over 8 runs per game and have hit 15 homers. They are allowing 4 runs per game on average. Kohan and Hines are both 4-1 on the mound. DMA has been to 5 post seasons with just a 1-5 record. Their first win was last year shocking Dover 8-0 in the 1st round then losing a close one to Appo in the second round.

Prediction: DMA has seen a lot more competition and I would expect will win big.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT