ADVERTISEMENT

Tower Hill Parents/Fans

outside view

Mascot
Jan 21, 2013
I went to see the Tower Hill/Sals game yesterday, looking forward to watching a hard fought contest between two lacrosse powers in the state.
However, I have to say I was shocked, and embarrassed, to have to listen to the Tower Hill parents and fans act like juveniles yelling at the Sallies players from the stands.
Are the Tower Hill fans always this low, or just when they lose?!
Parents yelling insults, cursing and berating high school KIDS presents a sad picture for the school, team and players.
I encourage the Tower Hill parents to act like adults and remember this is just a game, a game played by kids.
I understand the emotion of the game and wanting to see your team win, but remember this is just a game played by kids - please also try to remember children are watching you!

They are always like that, Why wouldn't they be they are better than the rest of us. At a playoff game between Tower Hill and Charter in 2009 the Tower Hill fans were complaining about the Charter fans as they were yelling at the Charter players. As the game ended, with Charter winning, one of the Tower Hill players ran up from behind Mike Brown, and hit him in the back of the head with his stick. Pretty classy group. I think that player ended up at Sallies the next year.

Last year during the Sallies TH game the TH fans were making fun of the Sallies bench when Sallies would score because they would go nuts. I guess getting happy over goals is not what you should do.

We do need to remember that these players are kids.

Unfortunately, over the past few years, this has become standard behavior for this group. Disgraceful. I'd like to see more written on this issue - particularly in the NJ. Or even better - a YouTube of these bozos in action, shared broadly. This crap only plays well for Sallies as they move into the playoffs. Hard to get motivated for another post season matchup when the results are always so skewed. TH parents have just provided the spark. It will be fun to see! Running clock first half, this time.

I could not agree more! I was at the Tower Hill/Sallies game and it was truly awful to listen to. I myself heard parents from Tower Hill yelling at the Sallies boys telling them that they would pump their gas some day. As a parent I think this is dispicable! To yell at a group of High School athletes just because your kids cant beat them is awful!! They should be embarressed! What kind of program allows that? I also know that in defense to these aqusations there are Tower Hill parents out there trying to say that the Sallies boys are disrespectful and that couldnt be further from the truth. Salesianum has worked extremely hard over the last 8 eight years to develop a successful lacrosse program and they have. You can not blame the players, coaches, or staff because they have worked hard and achieved their goals. They are a team that everyone in the state has a problem with and why?? Because they are great athletes, with great coaches who give their heart and soul to the program and who drive an hour up north everyday to show their loyalty and dedication? As a parent and teacher I have never met a more well mannered and nice group of High School boys in my life! And their respectfullness shows on the field everyday when they honor others and when they line up in a line to come off the field. Hard work, dedication, respect!

First off I am not affiliated with either team being discussed, I am simply a Delax fan. Yes Tower Hill parents and fans have surely crossed the line numerous times but they are surely not the worst out there. Plus that game was full of cheap shots and big hits all over the field by Sallies and the parents simply don't want to see their kids get hurt. Sallies at 9 or 10 penalties and I can see how that can worry fans. I do agree that some comments crossed the line but let's remember here that in the 2011 state championship the Sallies coaches demanded hits on Boyden (faceoff) and Mette, which resulted in Sals players taking illegal (and penalized) shots that knocked both players out of the game. Sure they play intense but in my opinion any coach that runs to the penalty box and gives his player a high five after the kid gives another player a serious concussion is way out of line and that is exactly what the Sallies coaches do. Once again I was not rooting for one team or another I just think that this message board is judging an entire school and a very good lacrosse program for a few parents' comments. Believe me, there is much, much worse going on in Delaware sports.

In the real world, you only accuse with evidence. In the make believe land of the Hillers, you blame everyone but your kids for not being able to compete. In all of the games between Sallies and the Hillers, name any kid who has been ejected or been given a penalty beyond one minute . Hopefully they will not meet in the tournament. It is boring to watch and your parents yelling insults at kids shows exactly what you "special people " are about. May all you people who yelled at the sallies kids think about whether you would like adults yelling insults at your kid just because his team his winning a high school game.

First of all there is obviously an affiliation with TH or anyone other then Sallies or you would recognize that sallies gets called for dozens of penalties every game no matter who they play in the state. I think at this point they have just gotten used to it and just play the best lacrosse they can. Secondly, unless you are on the sidelines and part of the team bench you in no way can say that of Coach Healy! I don't know him personally but I know many that do and he is a stand up guy and coach. He would never purposely hurt another player nor would he high five about a player being hurt. nEVER!!! I was at that game and it was a grudge match from both sidelines. Coach Healy, his staff, and his players play fair excellent lacrosse. You all should stop trying to find something wrong with him and his team and worry about your own teams! Again you can't blame the man for getting a job and putting all his time and energy into creating a premier lacrosse program. There would be many more wins in the state if more coaches coached and taught their players about commitment, tradition, and respect like Healy does!

And whatever else people may think is going on there is still NO excuse for grown adults to yell things like that at high school boys!! Absolutely disgusting!

This message board is definitely not judging an entire school; however as fans, it is your responsibility to represent more than just the sport, but the institution which the sport represents. To hear a Tower Hill fan yell at high school kids "you'll be cutting my grass someday" is indefensible. It is embarrassing for the person yelling it, their children/brother/friend and the school they support. How can you even attempt to defend despicable "fans"?

As a former Tower Hill opponent, I can safely say this is not new. It has never been acceptable or defendable. Learn your lesson, Tower Hill.

I watched the game and am not a Tower Hill fan I was just saying that this forum is judging an entire school based off some obnoxious parents who crossed the line, which i mentioned before. Also, I never said Sallies always has illegal penalties i said that this specific game involved many, which is true. I commend Healy and the Sals for reaching a national status I'm simply saying that there are things that the team has done and still do that are just as bad as what the Tower Hill parents did. Learn to read and comprehend what I write before making accusations next time dumbasses I was just giving another side to the story. I know it was a grudge match on the sidelines but I still have heard and seen things that you Sallies lovers haven't and even though they are the most intense and productive team in the state, they have their flaws and many people would agree with me.

You are correct every group has flaws but no one acts like the Hillers. They live in a dream world
and can not accept reality. Losing is something they believe is below them. When they lose the reason will never be because they are not that good. By the way , Brad Dupont is does a great job with limited talent Matte, Togo, and Petit are very good it is amazing they do as good as they do with such limited talent.

LOL - DELAXPRO your not affilated with Tower Hill, really? With the "dumb ass" comment you could fit right in with the TH parents screaming at the games!!
Cape tomorrow - see you there!

Amen laxfan3...100% commitment to the kids and the program, every kid deserves a coach like Healy, ask those that aren't as fortunate. The kids that have uncommitted coaches that stand for nothing, ask them how they'd like to have a leader they could look up to every day at practice, and be able to draw on that experience 20 years from now.

Well there is 1 thing DELLAXPRO and I agree on and that is yes this forum is judging an entire school. And that is because as players and parents you are repsresenting that school. So you would expect players and parents to show what they are taught in the way of values, and that obviously isnt much or it is not important at TH. Other then that, I agree, you are acting just as the TH parents act by calling people "dumbassess". There is no reason why people should not be able to share their views or route for their team without an adult saying something rude and innapropriate....where does that get you in the long run? Again lack of respect just because you cant handle the outcome. You cant hate on Sallies for reason that just dont exsist or are made up! And no one is saying that they dont have their flaws.....god knows know one is perfect and they have never claimed to be. Why dont you come out to the game tonight where Sallies takes on St. Marks if you want to see emotion, commitment, and respect. A very special child will be honored tonight in the teams annual Savannah Strong game......this is heart....this is what its all about!

Will Wooden Stick and Chuckles the Cheap be attending the hiller game v Cape? Chuckles no fee for admission

Delaxpro13 - missed you tonight, I told you Cape was coming!!
You and your friends at TH were pretty quiet tonight.....LOL, still love your "dumbasses" comment and your not affiliated with TH, funny!

Still I am not a Tower Hill fan but keep trying to get me going cause I am just getting so upset with all these rude comments! I might even cry...

Haha this message board is just too funny! It was a quiet game on the from those snobby hiller parents last night against cape with only the occasional crude comments, which was surprising to me. But, to be honest I think the real fans everyone should talk about after last night are the cape ones. Lol! I have never seen so many idiotic adults screaming things that don't make any sense to what is going on! Plus after the game I heard about 5 or 6 cape cars drive by TH with grown adults yelling "you suck," dropping the F bomb, and many more offensive comments to kids. It is clear that not many people like the Hillers but they are still kids too and Cape won so the fans had even less of a reason to be so disrespectful. These two schools have been terrible for as long as I can remember but Cape surged ahead of Tower last night in my eyes in terms of terrible fans. Truly disgusting fans!

Come on, you know that's not true - let me guess TH fan trying to redirect the flack away from your school?I
I was there and the Cape crowd was nothing but polite.
Give it another try, your attempt here failed.....TH fans are still the worst!

Whatever you say its just my opinion. And how come any time a comment thats not directed towards Tower Hill comes about you assume its a Tower Hill person? Am I not allowed to dislike anyone but Tower Hill? Let people state their opinions on here outside view you are the defensive one on this site.

Defensive, no, just contributing to the thread - remember the subject of this post is Tower HIll fans and I've witnessed first hand the behavior of the fans.
It does seem VERY coincidental that you were at TH and TH the fans just happened to behave, and the problem was the Cape fans? (after they won the game going away, really?)
You can dislike anyone you like - if the Cape fans were in fact that rude and disgusting then you should be upset - I'm just surprised because as I stated above, I was there and never heard anything like that!

Attended hiller v Cape game sat on Cape side heard nothing directed at the little hillers or their fan club.

Look I was agreeing to the fact that the hiller parents seemed quiet because cape took the game from them not because they were being well mannered. Also, I watched most of the game standing along the fence on the concession side of the field and remember a group of obnoxious cape fans on Tower Hill's side and specifically those fans yelling at the Tower hill coaches and the refs after a call that they did not understand. Plus the most disgusting part of what i heard was while cape fans were leaving TH which was true after several cars rolled down their windows and yelled profanity at the defeated Tower Hill team or simply things like Go Cape, Tower sucks. I witnessed this first hand and that is what I did not like. I was only on the cape sidelines for a small portion of the game and the fans seemed normal there but the ones nearer the Tower Hill bleachers seemed unnecessarily rude. I know what I saw and I am allowed to comment about it. Tower Hill and Cape games have always disgusted me because one side or both sides always seem to be doing something ridiculous or unnecessary. This time i just happened think Cape seemed worse and I don't know why that immediately makes me a defensive Tower Hill fan. I hate both of those teams.

All I said was where we were seated not much offensive was said. I am not saying you are not telling the truth all I said was from my location nothing was heard.

These reports are disgraceful because Tower Hill has always held itself and its fans to higher standards.

JOHN , SORRY TO OFFEND YOU BUT THEY ARE TRUE ACCOUNTS OF WHAT HAPPENED. ASK YOUR PEOPLE
WHAT MEMBER OF THE ELITE WAS SCREAMING THEY WILL BE CUTTING YOUR GRASS . Are you aware of the vile post of one of your players last year that was way behind trash talk .

MG - I should be clearer. I am not defending these actions. I condemn them. They are not in keeping with the standards of the school.

As DePreps long-timers know, Tower Hill has long been distinguished by sportsmanship, from the era of Ruly and Bob DeGroat through Betty Richardson, Bob Behr, Steve Hyde and Robin Adair. I assume that Jack Holloway and Brad du Pont are as angry as anyone on this board

You can discipline the kids, but as we've seen at every school, the parents are a huge problem.

Agree, it's sad when a few give so many a bad name! The lacrosse parents over the last few years have really tarnished and negitively labeled the school...seems like the administration would attend the games (or do they now?) and shut this behavior down to prevent further reputational impact.....

Too much $$ support by Lax families for admin to put the hammer down...the show must go on.

John not saying it is everyone associated with Tower Hill. I am saying it is same parents again and again. Most of their parents do not act like fools . I am saying the Tower Hill parents should police their own if the administration will not shut them up. The loud mouths are very lucky it is 2013 and not an earlier time where they would have got the response they would have earned. I believe you are correct Brad DuPont does not condone and does not support what is by being said by a small group.

Guess the only positive for the Hillers is they don't have to face the Sals again!!

This post was edited on 5/19 6:11 AM by despur

Dlaxpro13 had it right

Watched sals game with some older clones and we were embarrased
Finished off a good day taking in the TH game.

Hillers fans were loud n proud, the worst was the trash talking by kids from broom st
What is going on over there now?

Watched sals game with some older clones and we were embarrased

D-Cleater, what exactly were you embarrased by at the game?
Also one big difference in this post, not sure what the "kids" were doing, but I do know what the "Adult parents" have been doing last couple of years!
Just a shame the Henlopen "boys" can't see them again this year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT