ADVERTISEMENT

Tower Hill?????

jr15

Towel boy
Jan 11, 2014
Year after year they make the playoffs on this cupcake schedule something need to be done. Every year they take the place of teams that had a hard schedule like Lake who face Woodbridge and Delmar every year and don’t have to much room for error. Friends got guts scheduling 3 henlopen south teams and might be 0-3 facing them. If next year friends decide to have a cupcake schedule this really would be a domino affect. If friends lose 3 games to the henlopen south do you see them making playoffs??

I say yes, because the teams they lose too, are gonna have a strong record to give them bonus points to get in as a 7th-8th seed.

Tower Hill has had numerous calls from instate schools looking to schedule a regular season game - somehow they never return the calls. I do think in the future they might schedule st Edmonds and St. John’s so there’s that.

Tough to be a 3 loss team and get in without some D1 wins...Friends won't have any and only bonus coming from WB-2 Lake1- Delmar-1 TH-1..

That is not enough with 3 losses.. Delmar is a play-off game for Friends

Looking at it.. These are the odds on to get in if Delmar wins

Howard
WB
TH
DMA
Archmere
CA
Lake
Delmar (even if they lose to Lake and WB they will have 3 losses but have 2 D1 wins and 6-7 BP's coming.. Its not even close)

Even if Lake loses 3.which means they lose to WB, DM and Milf... They have 2 D1 wins and at least 4 BP's as well as 1 pt losing to Milf

Last edited:
yeah due to weather AI the one seed had to play that game at Tower Hill.. just saying.. It should have went to a neutral site IMHO Can't blame TH for that though AI accepted it..Maybe a little cocky on AI's part lol

yeah due to weather AI the one seed had to play that game at Tower Hill.. just saying.. It should have went to a neutral site IMHO Can't blame TH for that though AI accepted it..Maybe a little cocky on AI's part lol
And AI was only the one seed because of the joke that is Flight B. AI played one playoff team all of last year and that was Howard - beat them with a few deep plays including a trick one. Howard will be the team this in flight B, making the playoffs at 9-1 with only playing one real opponent.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Actually D2 as a whole was pretty weak last year. I believe D2 is much better this year with the resurgence of Lake, CA and Archmere being tough as well as DMA being a legit play off contender but not sold on DMA yet they haven't beat anyone really

Looking closer at DMA, Friends could take their spot with 3 losses . DMA (3-1) still has Cape, Archmere, St Marks and Caravel. They could easily lose 2 or 3 or all of those games BUT if DMA beats Cape and gets that 6 plus the 6 they got from Charter then that would knock Friends out unless DMA loses 4 games in which with DMA's possible BP's they still may have enough to over take Friends

bottom line Friend loses to Delmar they are virtually out

Last edited:
My dude play a real team and when you lose 1 game to friends and wonder why you get like a 7 seed it's bc u play like the little sisters of the poor last year you beat a bad AI team on the weak side of the bracket, they are scared of playing Archmere we tried scheduling them last year and y'all also play like 9 games grow a pair and play a good henlopen or diamond state opponent and we can talk.

TH was 7-2 last yer. They played and lost to Harford Tech as well and barely got in last year..notice how quickly Harford Tech was replaced with Delcastle..When they first started scheduling HT 4 years ago HT wasn't very good and TH won the first 2 years so TH signed up for another 2 and HT got good and beat them the last two.. poof no more HT lol. chickenhawks

Reactions: Throwbackjack
Archmere, St. Marks, Caravel & DMA are not better than Tower Hill.

Well that's an interesting claim to say the least. The problem is that you, and more importantly Waesco, don't get to make this claim because you cannot possibly substantiate it.

Tower Hill in state record this DECADE:

vs.

Conrad 9-0
Moyer Academy 1-0
Red Lion 5-0
Christiana 2-0
Dickinson 4-0
Wilmington Charter 3-0
Delcastle 1-0
St. Elizabeth 1-0
Tatnall 7-3
St. Andrew's 7-2

This is pretty much the D3 league that was floated around 2-3 years ago.

vs. programs with a pulse

Friends 3-8
DMA 1-5
Woodbridge 0-1 (playoff)
St. Georges 0-1 (playoff)
Howard 0-1 (playoff)
AI Dupont 1-0 (playoff)
Archmere (refuses to schedule)
St. Mark's (refuses to schedule)
Caravel (refuses to schedule)

How could you support that claim? Do you mean just in 2019? Because there's no way you were beating any of those teams last year.

Schedule someone other than Delaware D3 and little no-names from surrounding states if you want respect. It's that simple. You may actually be right for 2019 (most likely not), but it's a moot point.

Well that's an interesting claim to say the least. The problem is that you, and more importantly Waesco, don't get to make this claim because you cannot possibly substantiate it.

Tower Hill in state record this DECADE:

vs.

Conrad 9-0
Moyer Academy 1-0
Red Lion 5-0
Christiana 2-0
Dickinson 4-0
Wilmington Charter 3-0
Delcastle 1-0
St. Elizabeth 1-0
Tatnall 7-3
St. Andrew's 7-2

This is pretty much the D3 league that was floated around 2-3 years ago.

Friends 3-8
DMA 1-5
Woodbridge 0-1 (playoff)
St. Georges 0-1 (playoff)
Howard 0-1 (playoff)
AI Dupont 1-0 (playoff)
Archmere (refuses to schedule)
St. Mark's (refuses to schedule)
Caravel (refuses to schedule)

How could you support that claim? Do you mean just in 2019? Because there's no way you were beating any of those teams last year.

Schedule someone other than Delaware D3 and little no-names from surrounding states if you want respect. It's that simple. You may actually be right for 2019 (most likely not), but it's a moot point.
Tower Hill was a top 5 team last year and they are a top 5 team this year. F*ck all ya'll historical references. Half those teams ain't never won jack.

Tower Hill was a top 5 team last year and they are a top 5 team this year. F*ck all ya'll historical references. Half those teams ain't never won jack.
Yes, the half that “ain’t never won jack” are the teams your school schedules. All of those programs are far more relevant than tower hill. But you go ahead and run your single wing vs jv teams and with any luck you’ll win your church raffle. But if you want to look in the mirror and see a real winner without any qualifiers or excuses... we’ll thats just not going to happen.

Reactions: jr15 and Jules1127
D2 is D2. Having less than 1000 kids in your school the quality on the field will be scarce specially for public schools but if you believe Flight B is the worst conference in D2 then you aren’t paying attention to anything.

That distinction goes to the Diamond State Conference hands down. There are generally 2-3 really good teams in D2 then a big pack. Archmere and DMA are in that pack which is why they get in the playoffs and lose in the first round. This is proven in @zappa3 post. 6 of the schools on The tower hill historic cupcake schedule is either in the diamond for Archmere and DMA to beat up on or annually scheduled.

Switch AI, McKean, Brandywine, Glasgow or even Newark in the conference with DMA or Archmere. They would have the same success.

Reactions: zappa3
I stayed away from this thread for a reason, but I just had to peek in and yes - Tower Hill's schedule is utterly ridiculous. Anyone else with playoff aspirations would get ripped to the high heavens for scheduling Delcastle/CSW/Conrad/Christiana, so I'm not sure why Tower wouldn't face that same criticism.

I do feel bad for Friends because they scheduled really tough this year and with a team that's similar to '17 Caravel in terms of talent, they might suffer the same fate because of one school's affinity for cupcakes. Could also cost whoever doesn't win the Henny South or Caravel a home game, which just isn't right.

We Will see what tower has week 10 when they play friends. Yes they do have a cupcake schedule but how can you count a team out based on there schedule. They have one of the best players in the state and will turn heads this year in the playofs imo. And if they dont I will be the first to admit I was wrong.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Yes, the half that “ain’t never won jack” are the teams your school schedules. All of those programs are far more relevant than tower hill. But you go ahead and run your single wing vs jv teams and with any luck you’ll win your church raffle. But if you want to look in the mirror and see a real winner without any qualifiers or excuses... we’ll thats just not going to happen.

This is pretty much the D3 league
Schedule someone other than Delaware D3 and little no-names from surrounding states
But you go ahead and run your single wing vs jv teams and with any luck you’ll win your church raffle.

A little harsh, but I've had a great laugh here at work! :) Thanks.

Last edited:
We Will see what tower has week 10 when they play friends. Yes they do have a cupcake schedule but how can you count a team out based on there schedule. They have one of the best players in the state and will turn heads this year in the playofs imo. And if they dont I will be the first to admit I was wrong.
But what does turn heads mean? And how do you factor in equity? For example Woodbridge, whom Tower Hill could face in the playoffs is replacing 2/3 of its team, while still scheduling the likes of Caravel, Friends, D1 Concord, Archmere, undefeated Lake, and Delmar....with a schedule like that, there is certainly a higher risk of injury to players, many of whom are green anyway. Whats the one thing that Tower certainly lacks? Quality depth. So they protect their starters by playing hand picked teams in order to keep their strong record. When they do go up against a playoff team, there is a possibility for an upset due to team health and unique style of play. However, the most likely outcome after ducking better competition to keep your record strong is to finally get Clubber Langed...

Reactions: Jules1127
D2 is D2. Having less than 1000 kids in your school the quality on the field will be scarce specially for public schools but if you believe Flight B is the worst conference in D2 then you aren’t paying attention to anything.

That distinction goes to the Diamond State Conference hands down. There are generally 2-3 really good teams in D2 then a big pack. Archmere and DMA are in that pack which is why they get in the playoffs and lose in the first round. This is proven in @zappa3 post. 6 of the schools on The tower hill historic cupcake schedule is either in the diamond for Archmere and DMA to beat up on or annually scheduled.

Switch AI, McKean, Brandywine, Glasgow or even Newark in the conference with DMA or Archmere. They would have the same success.

Diamond State is weak but I don’t really agree with Mckean, Bwine and Glasgow being able to have the sustained success that DMA and Archmere have had. McKean got waxed two and three years ago by Conrad. Glasgow had one, maybe two years recently where they could compare with DMA or Archmere. Also, DSC teams have to win out of conference games to make the playoffs unlike Flight B teams

At the end of the day I got Tower Hill over Archmere, DMA, and St. Marks.
why yu say that if tower hill played anyone we would all see they true colors during the season not wen they well rested with they cupcake schedule heading to the playoffs

why yu say that if tower hill played anyone we would all see they true colors during the season not wen they well rested with they cupcake schedule heading to the playoffs
What does those teams have that tower hill doesn't ?

I'm not here to debate Tower Hill's schedule or quality. I just want to point out that AI was asked to find a home field before the tournament began in case theirs was unplayable, and they selected Tower Hill. Turf, lights and right down the street.

I'm not here to debate Tower Hill's schedule or quality. I just want to point out that AI was asked to find a home field before the tournament began in case theirs was unplayable, and they selected Tower Hill. Turf, lights and right down the street.
I saw the AI coach at the TH/Friends game the week before scouting. He made a conscious decision to play at TH feeling as though it didn't matter where he played TH. AI had just as many people in the stadium as TH. First possession AI drove right down the field and scored, then it was lights out for them. The best team won. I can't defend TH schedule, what I can say is unlike most of the mouth pieces on this site, I actually go to the games. TH is a top 5 team.

I saw the AI coach at the TH/Friends game the week before scouting. He made a conscious decision to play at TH feeling as though it didn't matter where he played TH. AI had just as many people in the stadium as TH. First possession AI drove right down the field and scored, then it was lights out for them. The best team won. I can't defend TH schedule, what I can say is unlike most of the mouth pieces on this site, I actually go to the games. TH is a top 5 team.
Well yeah....they are already top 8 b/c of their schedule. Win 1 playoff game (against an undisciplined team) and they are top 4. Nobody is disputing that. The issue is your toughest opponent might finish 5-4 this season. It's a legitimate criticism of your program and the athletic leadership. No one is saying that Tower Hill stinks. It seems the people in this forum are demonstrating how the privileged find a loophole to remain the status quo.
I don't blame Tower for its schedule...it's a small upper school. But I speak up when high school kids or parents puff our their chests and start illogically proclaiming the dominance of the program.

I was thinking a fix in the system could be -1 pt for playing a team with 3 or less wins and -2 if 1 or less wins. I don't think it would be fair to penalize games they have to play so it would only apply to OOC or OOS games..

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
wow TOP 5 so what’s ya top 10 D2 if you don’t mind me asking

Tower Hill has had numerous calls from instate schools looking to schedule a regular season game - somehow they never return the calls. I do think in the future they might schedule st Edmonds and St. John’s so there’s that.

St Johns is tough. At a neutral site I think it would be St Johns -3 against TH right now.

Woodbridge, Caravel, Howard, etc would all motorboat TH. Lake probably would too.

Reactions: ReturnOfTheGate

Diamond State is weak but I don’t really agree with Mckean, Bwine and Glasgow being able to have the sustained success that DMA and Archmere have had. McKean got waxed two and three years ago by Conrad. Glasgow had one, maybe two years recently where they could compare with DMA or Archmere. Also, DSC teams have to win out of conference games to make the playoffs unlike Flight B teams

@Yunforce Mckean, Bwine and Glasgow absolutely would be able to sustain the success because playing those teams would start the building of the program using the same model DMA did.

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT