ADVERTISEMENT

Tower Hill?????

Can’t speak for all teams but I would imagine their numbers should be looked at through the prism of Seniors through Freshman.... TH had 18 freshman and 15 sophomores..... it is hard to predict fairly how these young men will perform in any program unless they have played in an AAU environment.... Hard to schedule when you don’t know numbers. TH is also a program where all the boys, with a few exceptions, have to play a sport 9th and 10th grade because numbers are low in Upper School. About a third of the young men play football which neatly fits to the high 30’s low 40’s numbers. So in this environment, the program is still building from being in a perpetual abyss just a decade ago. Also, being a school where scholastics matters, the scholar athletes there, actually have to perform in the classroom where many of their true talents lie. So, TH doesn’t need the respect of those who suggest they have knowledge of how things work. I suspect the program produces young men who are well rounded and are better to have played the sport even if in most cases these are not football players. The future CEO’s and such that are being produced will benefit from the lessons of team sport, and getting their butts kicked from time to time. I can imagine that will upset some, who are football experts and know what they want to see is in fact what everyone else wants to see, but building productive young men who are productive in society is the goal. If TH never wins a championship, never win the respect of those who are the experts and talking heads, the program producing a winning culture and Men who play because they have heart and soul, not recruited for sole purpose of playing football and graduates over 99% with higher then 90% finishing college and getting a degree is all that programs needs to concern itself with. TH sucks is the rallying cry.... scheduling sucks and pretty much everything about program, well except the “kids”, who read and analyze this sites, sucks.
20-7 Caravel 2019
14-6 Friends 2018 - 22-14 AI, but we know now the undefeated AI team sucked and was overrated
14-6 Friends 2017
Missed playoffs 2016 6-3 record
30-16 Howard 2015 - eventual state champions

I believe that is a fairly accurate list above of previous 5 years. Every team loses their last game of the year except one. That doesn’t make every team a loser.

while TH is not seen as a top notch football program, it appears they at least put up a decent effort against teams readily approved by the experts as top notch programs, without recruiting and without the talent most really good programs have consistently...... building a program with high Scholastic young men and moms and dads who read and worry about CTE, has proved to be challenging i’m sure. But, I imagine there isn’t a member of the Program, who isn’t proud to have worn the TH across their chest and used the lessons learned on the field to propel them in future endeavors.

the-snob_o_730470.jpg

Tower hill is the best in the state. Period.
Never said best, no one has said best. But the program is by far not the worst, or sucks, like others have protested on this site. Your statement belies the ability to have a cogent debate as to where objectively the football program stands and why so much animist from the football experts on this site. And as such, no real need to discuss as much like today’s politics, no minds will be changed by throwing barbs and not having ability to listen to the other side.... TH hasn’t been blown out in playoffs since St George’s some years back and Hodgson before that. No matter who they play, they tend to acquit themselves well and the young men play with class. Win or lose....

Can’t speak for all teams but I would imagine their numbers should be looked at through the prism of Seniors through Freshman.... TH had 18 freshman and 15 sophomores..... it is hard to predict fairly how these young men will perform in any program unless they have played in an AAU environment.... Hard to schedule when you don’t know numbers. TH is also a program where all the boys, with a few exceptions, have to play a sport 9th and 10th grade because numbers are low in Upper School. About a third of the young men play football which neatly fits to the high 30’s low 40’s numbers. So in this environment, the program is still building from being in a perpetual abyss just a decade ago. Also, being a school where scholastics matters, the scholar athletes there, actually have to perform in the classroom where many of their true talents lie. So, TH doesn’t need the respect of those who suggest they have knowledge of how things work. I suspect the program produces young men who are well rounded and are better to have played the sport even if in most cases these are not football players. The future CEO’s and such that are being produced will benefit from the lessons of team sport, and getting their butts kicked from time to time. I can imagine that will upset some, who are football experts and know what they want to see is in fact what everyone else wants to see, but building productive young men who are productive in society is the goal. If TH never wins a championship, never win the respect of those who are the experts and talking heads, the program producing a winning culture and Men who play because they have heart and soul, not recruited for sole purpose of playing football and graduates over 99% with higher then 90% finishing college and getting a degree is all that programs needs to concern itself with. TH sucks is the rallying cry.... scheduling sucks and pretty much everything about program, well except the “kids”, who read and analyze this sites, sucks.
20-7 Caravel 2019
14-6 Friends 2018 - 22-14 AI, but we know now the undefeated AI team sucked and was overrated
14-6 Friends 2017
Missed playoffs 2016 6-3 record
30-16 Howard 2015 - eventual state champions

I believe that is a fairly accurate list above of previous 5 years. Every team loses their last game of the year except one. That doesn’t make every team a loser.

while TH is not seen as a top notch football program, it appears they at least put up a decent effort against teams readily approved by the experts as top notch programs, without recruiting and without the talent most really good programs have consistently...... building a program with high Scholastic young men and moms and dads who read and worry about CTE, has proved to be challenging i’m sure. But, I imagine there isn’t a member of the Program, who isn’t proud to have worn the TH across their chest and used the lessons learned on the field to propel them in future endeavors.

Key facts that you forgot to mention:
-Some of those boys at Tower Hill have been going to school together since kindergarten. This plays a huge factor when the offense they run is based off how solid of a unit they can be throughout a duration of a game.
- Friends, Tatnall and Archmere all have plenty of CEO's.... they still all have respectable schedules. Such a smug statement btw...
-Tower Hill has won one playoff game in the last ten years against another team with a schedule similar to their own.
-There are many other parents in Delaware programs that worry about CTE... CTE doesn't just apply too Tower Hill football

Key facts that you forgot to mention:
-Some of those boys at Tower Hill have been going to school together since kindergarten. This plays a huge factor when the offense they run is based off how solid of a unit they can be throughout a duration of a game.
- Friends, Tatnall and Archmere all have plenty of CEO's.... they still all have respectable schedules. Such a smug statement btw...
-Tower Hill has won one playoff game in the last ten years against another team with a schedule similar to their own.
-There are many other parents in Delaware programs that worry about CTE... CTE doesn't just apply too Tower Hill football

First point has validity but that is a very small figure as many are not putting their kids in school that early and the lifer number has dwindled

Friends’ Program speaks for itself. Academically and Football wise. Much respect to them as they have earned it. Tatnall, tough schedule, had success few years ago. Probably shouldn’t have let Jody go imo, maybe part of reason they have 22 players with their lack of success lately and they are struggling a bit with multiple heads of school lately. Hoping they get better soon. Don’t know much about archmere program. Heard academics are top notch. Correct, I’m sure plenty of CEO’s from all. Also, historically pretty good football programs as well. Not bad company to be compared with.

TH’s program appears to be in the infancy stage of respectability, have to grow that as it won’t happen at a School like TH organically for obvious reasons. Again, Archmere, Friends and Tatnall historically, are good programs to be compared against. AI had to play who was in front of them. They didn’t appear to struggle against Howard, Glasgow and the like that year but that point is moot now.

Lastly, didn’t say TH was only school who worries about CTE. Just making the point, from what I understand. It is possibly an outsized issue with some there and why some of better athletes, play soccer, I believe that program had near 80 players amongst their 3 teams. I’m sure other schools have similar concerns too, just speaking to what I have been told about TH. Can’t speak to others’ specifics.

No one is disrespecting the kids who play for Tower Hill. They are a good program for the size of the school, but they are not one of the top 8 Division II schools in the state, much less the third best team.

What we are pointing out is that gaming the system to make your team look better than they are is a disservice not only to the players on Tower Hill, but also to those teams who are more deserving of a playoff spot.

Schedule Cape or Milford instead of Charter; Mt. Pleasant, William Penn, or Appo instead of Delcastle; St Mark's instead of St. Elizabeth; Delmar, Woodbridge, Lake, AI, Howard, Archmere, Caravel or DMA instead of Christiana and Tower Hill would get a lot more respect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT