ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer?

bbmvp

Tackles too high
Jan 13, 2006
Rumor out is that Glasgow's QB, Wilson, is transferring to Smyrna for next season. Anybody else hear anything like this?

The young man will have to win the job over Jared Wagonhoffer.
Wow....If this is even true which I really don't believe it is wagnehoffer might want to think about staying at CR if Wilson does come... Seen Wilson all year... wagonhoffer is not better than Wilson and the system Smyrna runs is very similar to what Wilson already ran at Glasgow... Would be a good fit for him if he were to leave... Both kids would be seniors and only one would play. Would be very surprised though if this is even true. As a Glasgow supporter would hate to see the kid play elsewhere...big blow to Glasgow if he were to leave

Last edited:
You gotta love "school choice"

Yeah that's kinda bullshit if any of this were true and I'm saying that as a smyrna fan. I'd rather see them field a team of homegrown kids and "naturally occuring" transfers as opposed to bringing in a hired gun every offseason. I'm sure in these situations the parents are trying to do what's best for their kid....and maybe I'm not used to the whole transfer thing because for the past 40 years no one wanted to transfer into smyrna for sports.

And the CR kid should stay there. I doubt he could beat out our backup QB anyway

There hasn't been any evidence that this is real. In fact, the ill-timed joke/jest on this board is probably mushrooming into a full blown "thing". Let's get the final week of the season behind us before we flame these type of stories . The kids deserves the spotlight on them and not on baseless rumors.

"Dad is apparently taking a job at Helen's Sausage. Kid seems to have some upside, could be a decent fit."

I am more interested in getting to know Pops if he gonna take a job at Helens!

Is Helen's sausage any good?

Never stopped there.

Crazy good.. stop every time on way to the beach(except Sundays they not open Sundays) not sure how to explain it but it doesn't taste like a normal sausage.. just crazy good meat almost like steak.. never had anything that taste quite like it but its very good.. a must have,, They give you two sausages to a sammy (on a roll).. I order one sammy for Me and the Mrs to share. I eat mine plain and the Mrs eats the other one on the roll w ketchup.. Its great plain though. Leaves you wanting more,, There is always a long line but don't let that deter you it moves fast.. oh and cash only. If you are a Elvis fan you will love the decor lol Its like walking into 1955 nothing has changed since then

Last edited:
We're one step from becoming HSN, but I've heard it was good.
HSN??? More like the Food Network or Travel Channel... HSN is home shopping network that metaphor doesn't work , just saying,, It could be worse you could be here and the Mrs has the Hallmark Channel on every night watching the Christmas Soap Opera movies lol.. Why I am here listening to the game on WIP

Oddly enough I have never heard Merrill Reese call a game.. Just have heard him on interviews on the radio.. kinda excited about it...

Crazy good.. stop every time on way to the beach(except Sundays they not open Sundays) not sure how to explain it but it doesn't taste like a normal sausage.. just crazy good meat almost like steak.. never had anything that taste quite like it but its very good.. a must have,, They give you two sausages to a sammy (on a roll).. I order one sammy for Me and the Mrs to share. I eat mine plain and the Mrs eats the other one on the roll w ketchup.. Its great plain though. Leaves you wanting more,, There is always a long line but don't let that deter you it moves fast.. oh and cash only. If you are a Elvis fan you will love the decor lol Its like walking into 1955 nothing has changed since then

Never thought I'd say this but rr is dead on!
Minutes from me...don't go there nearly enough.

Elvis has left the building!

Helens doesn't stay open very late. They close at 2 pm since they open at 4 or 5 am.

The only rumor I have heard is of Trevor Lawrence potentially enrolling at Smyrna. Dad is apparently taking a job at Helen's Sausage. Kid seems to have some upside, could be a decent fit.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/1731

This young man is fun to watch, he has started every game in HS and his only loss was to GA power Buford in the playoffs his freshmen year. He is two wins from his 2nd State Championship and is on pace to pass Deshawn Watson for the GA career passing leader when he finishes HS next season. He'd be a nice pick up.

I didn't realize DE had become school choice and I'm not a fan. I miss the days when you played with your group of kids from Jr High on up and built relationships. One of my clear memories as a kid was watching Dickinson knock off Sallies with a bunch of local kids and DJ Johnson leading them - you knew everyone on the team if you lived in the area. It is sad what our schools in New Castle County have become.

We see all the "team building" here in GA with kids moving from school to school and the wins seem tainted. I get moving for a better opportunity and parents should have the right to put their kid where they feel is best but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT