ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers????

Yes, because clearly nothing can be learned from participation in sports unless you're winning. I mean, that is the goal of high school sports programs, right? Oh wait.
That's not my point, my point is the system is rigged period, all that guy cares about is St marks dominating in baseball. That's his motive. So any challenges to the status quo disrupts that, especially if kids can move freely. He sees this as a threat to distroy their dynasty, so he attacks by changing the rules topic to education. Let's keep everyone in their place, just like the 60s.

That's not my point, my point is the system is rigged period, all that guy cares about is St marks dominating in baseball. That's his motive. So any challenges to the status quo disrupts that, especially if kids can move freely. He sees this as a threat to distroy their dynasty, so he attacks by changing the rules topic to education. Let's keep everyone in their place, just like the 60s.

Wait, you mean the St. Marks baseball coach is focused on dominating in baseball?!? Hmmm.

Rigged? how and against whom? You do know most states don't have school choice and you either go to your zoned public or go to a private school..period.. not to mention Delaware is the only state in the country that I know of where kids go to Tech schools for athletics

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Rigged? how and against whom? You do know most states don't have school choice and you either go to your zoned public or go to a private school..period.. not to mention Delaware is the only state in the country that I know of where kids go to Tech schools for athletics

In delaware, It's rigged against public schools because privates can pull talent from across state lines, better funding, environment, education, support. A parent can relocate to a better district in a state with districting without changing jobs or if their kid is talented the private schools snatch team up anyhow. I don't believe kids should be trapped in bad schools, especially if they have the academics or academics and talent to put themselfs in a better situation. I just happen to love the game of bball, and any rule that penalize kids & families from moving to a better situation I don't support. Others look at it from a sport only perspective but for me I see opportunity. All I suggest is a 2 transfer allowance max in high school. If u don't transfer after freshmen year u only have 1 left. After junior year all transfers have expired.

Reactions: Simmonj4618
Wait, you mean the St. Marks baseball coach is focused on dominating in baseball?!? Hmmm.
Lol, no lkeyfbst2. He is somehow linked with st. Marks baseball. A few years back some st Marks baseball kids transfered to caravel & pissed him off. So he doesn't want any changes. He suggest taking sports out of public school because it does not affect his utopia over there at St marks. They pull kids from Maryland, pa etc to beat up on the delaware kids in baseball.

Last edited:
Reactions: jvm3
In delaware, It's rigged against public schools because privates can pull talent from across state lines, better funding, environment, education, support. A parent can relocate to a better district in a state with districting without changing jobs or if their kid is talented the private schools snatch team up anyhow. I don't believe kids should be trapped in bad schools, especially if they have the academics or academics and talent to put themselfs in a better situation. I just happen to love the game of bball, and any rule that penalize kids & families from moving to a better situation I don't support. Others look at it from a sport only perspective but for me I see opportunity. All I suggest is a 2 transfer allowance max in high school. If u don't transfer after freshmen year u only have 1 left. After junior year all transfers have expired.

actually its quite the opposite... The transfer rule benefits the public's much more than privates...Actually its a pretty liberal policy being there is school choice and you have 1 free do over.after your freshman year.. Like I said before in most states you go to your zoned school period.. The only time public kids are really effected is if they decide to choice out of the zoned public.. I read all the DIAA minutes and have seen many waivers from public to private denied but have never seen a waiver to play denied when transferring back to your zoned public

As far as the privates they can't just get anyone they want.. The kid has to test in , the parents have to have the ability to pay whatever their portion is and they have to be able to get transportation there...Do privates in today's climate have an advantage athletically ? sure they do but it isn't gross well unless your IMG or someplace like that

Last edited:
Lol, no lkeyfbst2. He is somehow linked with st. Marks baseball. A few years back some st Marks baseball kids transfered to caravel & pissed him off. So he doesn't want any changes. He suggest taking sports out of public school because it does not affect his utopia over there at St marks. They pull kids from Maryland, pa etc to beat up on the delaware kids in baseball.
Bwahahahahahah, somehow linked with St. Marks? That is a good one. I am about far from St. Marks as you can get. If I commented about being angry with the transfer you are referring to , it was because public school kids can't do the same thing. When it comes to private V public, it has long been my standing that they should be separated when it comes to athletics. I also know because Delaware is such a small state, this would be difficult. I also believe that Tech schools, which can recruit from an entire county, should be in with the privates.

actually its quite the opposite... The transfer rule benefits the public's much more than privates...Actually its a pretty liberal policy being there is school choice and you have 1 free do over.after your freshman year.. Like I said before in most states you go to your zoned school period.. The only time public kids are really effected is if they decide to choice out of the zoned public.. I read all the DIAA minutes and have seen many waivers from public to private denied but have never seen a waiver to play denied when transferring back to your zoned public

As far as the privates they can't just get anyone they want.. The kid has to test in , the parents have to have the ability to pay whatever their portion is and they have to be able to get transportation there...Do privates in today's climate have an advantage athletically ? sure they do but it isn't gross well unless your IMG or someplace like that

They have an advantage in all categories. Athletically, academically, environment, support, funding etc. Plus they don't have to comply with many policies state schools have and can filter out almost all of the knuckleheads. They decide who they want period, they also have the ability to get any kid to school, if they really want the kid. You must remember all it takes is 1 motivated allum or parent at these schools. When u look at the Academic performance, graduation rates, college attendance numbers of private v public with the exception of Middletown schools it's difficult argue who has all the advantages. Now I am a public school graduate & believe motivated kids can get a good education in many public schools but let's be real it's a lot easier to learn without the negativity that's so prevalent in many publics. That filter they have is why so many parents forgo the Lexus, apply for financial aid and invest in education. So the transfer rule in my opinion is not beneficial to public school kids because there is no benefit in transferring from let's say Christiana to Glasgow. Now Christiana to Appo or st Marks, Sanford, st. Es, etc would be major. So zone transfers are of no value if the schools in that zone suck. Why not give the kids the 2 transfer rule I mentioned and offer them greater choice.

Last edited:
Basketball powerhouse in New Jersey. Produced players like Kyrie and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Cale is already signed with Seton Hall and has established himself nationally on the circuit, if he plans on changing, don't know what that would accomplish in his senior year unless he just wants to get away from Appo coach which I totally understand, that guy sucks at coaching & doesn't have the decency to do what's best for the kids by quiting.. Appo administration need to make a change.

This is wonderful new for Myles he gets to play a great schedule around great talent with great coaching. He can truly test himself and get ready for high level college basketball..........Im happy for him and his family

Reactions: 247365GRIND
I think we all know what "step down" means. Also Zach Kent to Blair academy

So far:

Kent to Blair Academy
Cales to The Patrick School
I heard rumblings about kids from Sallies....

Any others?

This is what rumors I'm hearing:

Cale: The Patrick School
Ingraham: Ranney School or westtown school
Ali: Gouretti
Kent: Blair Academy
Alderman: (moving to Caravel)
Davis: ( staying @ Sanford)
Hyland: (staying @ st. Georges)
Rawls : ( staying @ st. Georges)
Cramer: ?

Reactions: jvm3
This is what rumors I'm hearing:

Cale: The Patrick School
Ingraham: Ranney School or westtown school
Ali: Gouretti
Kent: Blair Academy
Alderman: (moving to Caravel)
Davis: ( staying @ Sanford)
Hyland: (staying @ st. Georges)
Rawls : ( staying @ st. Georges)
Cramer: ?

Consistent with my info except I heard Ingraham to Oak Hill.

I don't think ingraham is going to ranney. If he was he probably would have stayed with team rio. But I have heard he is the most likely to transfer. Alderman is staying and Ali to Carroll. I heard Hyland entertained the idea of transferring but nothing came of it. I know of a lot of transfers from freshman who are not on the caliber of players listed but will make solid impacts

I don't think ingraham is going to ranney. If he was he probably would have stayed with team rio. But I have heard he is the most likely to transfer. Alderman is staying and Ali to Carroll. I heard Hyland entertained the idea of transferring but nothing came of it. I know of a lot of transfers from freshman who are not on the caliber of players listed but will make solid impacts
Sals, word out of NJ is Ingraham left WE R1 & returned to Rio. Was unsure if the info was accurate but his name did reappear on their site & roster. Noticed also @ hoop group in VA, we r 1 moved D. Vaughn to assistance coach role on that team, always thought that guy did a great job with the kids, perhaps that motivated the change. I would be surprised if that kid stays in Delaware. But again, these are all rumors & speculation.

Last edited:
I agree with much of the proposed changes that you guys have listed EXCEPT for the transfer rule.

Currently there is PLENTY of opportunity for students to transfer. If a kid is in Public School A during 9th grade, and things are looking grim they CAN transfer before day 1 of their sophomore year to any choice (public B) school they desire. If there is a physical move of address to a new district they can transfer at any time during their high school career.

What will happen if open transfer rules are applied is a degrading of basketball (and other sports) around the state. If you think that BB is top heavy (same successful teams year-after-year) just wait until kids can go anywhere they want! The good teams will get better, and the 2nd tier/lower teams will get worse! You'll be talking about a complete lack of competition AND subjecting kids and their families to the dirty business of recruiting when most of them are already subjected to street agents, BAD AAU people (not everyone in AAU are bad), and everyone's "expert" uncle/relative telling them what they should be doing and where they should be going. It will be a disaster.

I coached in a state where transferring was WAY easier to do than here and Delaware and the scenario I stated above is exactly what happened.

I still think that you should take private schools and not allow them to compete for any state championship. That way, the coaches and players who choose to go there are free to play a national schedule as needed without disrupting the competitive fires of the public schools and their athletes.

Bentil transfers to the Celtics.

Rumor has Great Britain transferring out of the European Union.

Reactions: spartakos
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT