ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Night Scores

Lake played Cape tough tonight
Cape didnt have starting piont guard.. Offense struggled to get a flow... Word at Cape he might be done for the year.. If so that hurts Cape badly.... Very poor judgment by the young fella.. Cape title hopes took a big blow... Smh

Cape didnt have starting piont guard.. Offense struggled to get a flow... Word at Cape he might be done for the year.. If so that hurts Cape badly.... Very poor judgment by the young fella.. Cape title hopes took a big blow... Smh
Another kid out for a top team...smh. What # was he? I only remember Dadzie & #2 I believe as the guards being used...the #2 kid defended well.

Is this true about Alderman? It’s a shame if it is. Maybe he should have stayed at Sallies and gutted it out. Life gets hard. Failure is ok. Get over it, don’t run from it

Last edited:
Reactions: Lancer79
Yes he did... Caravel has no shot at all now... Looks like its coming down to a 3 team race for the chip...Smyrna, Cape and Sanford. .. I still think Sanford will win it all and go for 3 peat next couple of years .. Just not going to be able to stop that young talent they have.. With Davis leading the way...
Do you really think Davis will stay in DE thru his Senior year?

I heard he already has great offers. Why would he leave?
I’m not sure if he’ll leave or not but some kids who already have great offers from big time schools choose to do so to go to schools with other big time players on their rosters so they are competing against them everyday day in practice preparing themselves for the big time colleges where they’ll have to do just that to earn playing time at the next level. Not to mention they will be able to play against top talent during the season if it’s a high school playing one of those National schedules. In most cases the better competition you are competing against daily the better your game gets. I think Sanford is a different type of monster though compared to other schools in DE as most of the time kids that go there continue to work hard & improve so I would not be surprised if he stayed at Sanford.

I’m not sure if he’ll leave or not but some kids who already have great offers from big time schools choose to do so to go to schools with other big time players on their rosters so they are competing against them everyday day in practice preparing themselves for the big time colleges where they’ll have to do just that to earn playing time at the next level. Not to mention they will be able to play against top talent during the season if it’s a high school playing one of those National schedules. In most cases the better competition you are competing against daily the better your game gets. I think Sanford is a different type of monster though compared to other schools in DE as most of the time kids that go there continue to work hard & improve so I would not be surprised if he stayed at Sanford.
I mean why not go play at an Oak Hill school for his senior year to get ready for that college grind the following year? Or maybe yall are right and he will stay and just get that "grind" during AAU season.

I mean why not go play at an Oak Hill school for his senior year to get ready for that college grind the following year? Or maybe yall are right and he will stay and just get that "grind" during AAU season.
You just hit the magic word AAU....Stan part of USA team coaching... He is in good hands with Stan....He wont leave Stan... Trust me...

Heading to Oak Hill for senior year out of DE just reminded me of Jermaine Medley back in the mid 90s after going to Mt. Pleasant/Wilmington High then attending Oak Hill for his senior year before moving on to Villanova.

You just hit the magic word AAU....Stan part of USA team coaching... He is in good hands with Stan....He wont leave Stan... Trust me...
It comes down to the money, if Sanford is free stay, if it's costing thousands, kids with Davis talent can go elsewhere and get a great education, practice and play against top talent for free. (IMG, Montverde, etc). Otherwise Sanford and Waterman is the only Delaware option that wants to go out and play anybody nationally. He gets it.

Heading to Oak Hill for senior year out of DE just reminded me of Jermaine Medley back in the mid 90s after going to Mt. Pleasant/Wilmington High then attending Oak Hill for his senior year before moving on to Villanova.

Medley was something else. Generously listed at 6'1, he could bang on cats in traffic and be a ball-handling/jump shooting wizard on the perimeter. Still remember my freshman year at Howard which was his last year at Wilmington High, he didn't start because he'd done something to his ankle the game before. Howard was up by 15-20, Gene Thompson puts Jermaine in and he starts bombing away from the volleyball line with no real push off the hurt ankle. Just crazy talent.

Last edited:
Lol.... Ok... So i guess be missed the Lake game.. Thats 1 game.. Guess he plays Friday Against Tech.. I dont think so... So at least. 2... Lol.. But he is back in school...
Well of course it would make sense for him to be back for Friday’s conference game against Tech just like I fully expect CR’s Robinson to be back Friday against Smyrna after missing the past 2 games against the Henlopen South’s Milford & Indian River...LoL

Two big games tomorrow that both those teams wanna be at full strength with Smyrna & Cape on a collision course for a possible play-in game for the Henlopen Conference Championship game if they both win out considering they both have that 1 conference loss splitting their 2 games already this season.

Well of course it would make sense for him to be back for Friday’s conference game against Tech just like I fully expect CR’s Robinson to be back Friday against Smyrna after missing the past 2 games against the Henlopen South’s Milford & Indian River...LoL

Two big games tomorrow that both those teams wanna be at full strength with Smyrna & Cape on a collision course for a possible play-in game for the Henlopen Conference Championship game if they both win out considering they both have that 1 conference loss splitting their 2 games already this season.
Tomorrow night will be huge....but i dont think it will be play in game... William Penn is waiting on Smyrna at there house... Cape should win out and win the North.. Even if they tied... Smryna looses to Penn gives Cape the tiebreaker.

Tomorrow night will be huge....but i dont think it will be play in game... William Penn is waiting on Smyrna at there house... Cape should win out and win the North.. Even if they tied... Smryna looses to Penn gives Cape the tiebreaker.
Out-of-conference games have nothing to do w/ your conference record...only those games vs the teams within the Henlopen North account for your conference record which is why both only have 1 conference loss to each other. Smyrna has CR & Polytech left while Cape has Tech, Dover & CR which I’d say gives Smyrna the advantage right now. If Smyrna beats CR tomorrow then the worst they will do is tie w/ Cape cuz no way will they lose to Polytech.

Reactions: 84rider
Out-of-conference games have nothing to do w/ your conference record...only those games vs the teams within the Henlopen North account for your conference record which is why both only have 1 conference loss to each other. Smyrna has CR & Polytech left while Cape has Tech, Dover & CR which I’d say gives Smyrna the advantage right now. If Smyrna beats CR tomorrow then the worst they will do is tie w/ Cape cuz no way will they lose to Polytech.
Oh ok.. Didnt know that... Thought both tied in the same conference. . Thought it was first they looked at was headed to head and the wins and losses and then strength of schedule.. Guess iam wrong...

Oh ok.. Didnt know that... Thought both tied in the same conference. . Thought it was first they looked at was headed to head and the wins and losses and then strength of schedule.. Guess iam wrong...
Conference record within the Henlopen North then head-to-head. With that being said if they both win out I wouldn’t mind seeing a Round 3 matchup, which could eventually lead to a Round 4 down the line deep into the State Tournament.

Yea you right...

Medley was something else. Generously listed at 6'1, he could bang on cats in traffic and be a ball-handling/jump shooting wizard on the perimeter. Still remember my freshman year at Howard which was his last year at Wilmington High, he didn't start because he'd done something to his ankle the game before. Howard was up by 15-20, Gene Thompson puts Jermaine in and he starts bombing away from the volleyball line with no real push off the hurt ankle. Just crazy talent.
@GateKeeperRefugee You were around when I was around then because I was a freshman during Medley’s last year at Wilmington High as well around 95-96. The first time I ever seen him play was a few years earlier than that at Browns Boys & Girls Club when he was in like 8th grade & I was playing up with another Boys & Girls Club & he was literally banging that thing hard with 2 hands no problem which at the time he could have probably only been 5’10 or so. I also saw him play w/ Mt. Pleasant down at Slam Dunk To The Beach which was his freshman year I believe back when Slam Dunk To The Beach was at it’s best.

Reactions: GateKeeperRefugee
Conference record within the Henlopen North then head-to-head. With that being said if they both win out I wouldn’t mind seeing a Round 3 matchup, which could eventually lead to a Round 4 down the line deep into the State Tournament.[/Q
Cape will beat Smyrna anywhere they want to play...lol.. Cape is a better team... Coach Re got the matchups right the second time around...

@GateKeeperRefugee You were around when I was around then because I was a freshman during Medley’s last year at Wilmington High as well around 95-96. The first time I ever seen him play was a few years earlier than that at Browns Boys & Girls Club when he was in like 8th grade & I was playing up with another Boys & Girls Club & he was literally banging that thing hard with 2 hands no problem which at the time he could have probably only been 5’10 or so. I also saw him play w/ Mt. Pleasant down at Slam Dunk To The Beach which was his freshman year I believe back when Slam Dunk To The Beach was at it’s best.

Yep, '95-'96 was my freshman year. That was a wild year. Medley at Wilmington High, we had DeCoursey at Howard, Laron Cephas, God rest his soul, at Sanford. Plenty of talent around DE even back then.

Yep, '95-'96 was my freshman year. That was a wild year. Medley at Wilmington High, we had DeCoursey at Howard, Laron Cephas, God rest his soul, at Sanford. Plenty of talent around DE even back then.
That William Penn team with Lumpkin and Lenny Brown was a great team that won Slam Dunk To the Beach.. When it had brackets... Cant figure out why Lenny Brown aint in HOF....

That William Penn team with Lumpkin and Lenny Brown was a great team that won Slam Dunk To the Beach.. When it had brackets... Cant figure out why Lenny Brown aint in HOF....
Tail Davis was no slouch on that William Penn team neither. I thought for sure both Gary Lumpkin & Lenny Brown were both in DE Basketball’s Hall of Fame.

Lenny, Tail and Gary vs. Corey and Stephen Curtis/Tarron Richardson at Glasgow were MUST see games. We used to beg our parents to go see Penn/Newark/Glasgow play because they were from our neighborhoods.

I remember Brown and Lumpkin went to Xavier .. They beat Keynan Martin and Cincy at the buzzer too.. 94-95 years had some talented players... Along with Profit at C.R too...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT