ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming season

May 19, 2019
What are some of the things everyone is excited to see, this year? Me, personally, I can't wait to watch dma wrestle. They have a great core of young wrestlers that are ready to prove themselves and they have great coaching as well. They'll definitely make some noise @ D2. I, also, like what Newark charter is doing. Again they have a great coaching staff and the program opened a lot of eyes by having (I believe) their first state placer in school history? They made it to the state dual tournament. And I know that both programs have kids that wrestle year-round. Definitely can't wait to attend a few matches.

What do you think DMA and Newark Charter lineups will look like? Im not familiar with either team

I don’t know about exact lineups for either of those two teams but can agree I do think they will be competitive. Really good head coaches at both programs that can take kids who have never wrestled before and get them on the podium after two years

I don’t know about exact lineups for either of those two teams but can agree I do think they will be competitive. Really good head coaches at both programs that can take kids who have never wrestled before and get them on the podium after two years
Without a lineup, how do you know they will be competitive? Just curious. Who got on the podium from Newark charter and DMA in their 2nd year of wrestling. That's awesome

Last edited:
Without a lineup, how do you know they will be competitive? Just curious. Who got on the podium from Newark charter and DMA in their 2nd year of wrestling. That's awesome
No one from Diamond State really has a state contender but there are definitely going to be great Duals between Wilmington Charter, Newark Charter, Archmere, and DMA

Hunter Balback started wrestling in 10th grade and placed 5th his junior year. And won states his senior year. Chris Boc started wrestling his freshman year and placed 5th his junior year. Both heavyweights. Might be another one but not sure

Thats cool. Good for them. Great for sport to have guys get success like that. Didnt DMA get a good transfer from Newark

I'm looking forward to see who wins Flight B and if they actually take their auto bid to State Duals or do the honorable thing and decline the invite.

No one from Diamond State really has a state contender but there are definitely going to be great Duals between Wilmington Charter, Newark Charter, Archmere, and DMA
DMA has some very talented young wrestlers this year. Think you’ll see a dramatic improvement this season

Lots of mediocre wrestling out of NC an aged team with a lot of Seniors that’ll compete for a birth in states the Jones brothers, Cobb, DiTomasso, and Wooters, DMA has a lot of young talent but I think they’re overrated
I'll put my cheese and crackers on Newark Charter winning the Diamond State Conference this season. DMA has some young talent but losing the Heavyweight hurts them and McKelvey isn't on the roster yet so must be ineligible. Charter lost a bunch and looks like they have a young team. Archmere lost two state qualifiers and doesn't seem to have any names I recognize as far as good 9th graders in. I repeat: give me Willams and the Patriots

I'll put my cheese and crackers on Newark Charter winning the Diamond State Conference this season. DMA has some young talent but losing the Heavyweight hurts them and McKelvey isn't on the roster yet so must be ineligible. Charter lost a bunch and looks like they have a young team. Archmere lost two state qualifiers and doesn't seem to have any names I recognize as far as good 9th graders in. I repeat: give me Willams and the Patriots
Not sure what roster you are looking at but he’s on their track alpha roster and from my understanding immediately eligible to start the season.

Alpha just shows what they weighed at assessment but I’ve been told probably 126.

I agree with the Newark Charter take look for Archmere and Newark Charter to take steps up graduating only 4 between the both, meanwhile DMA is in recovery and if you look all heavy weights are vulnerable right now but it looks like Cobb, Brooks, and Buckholt (Brooks and Buckholt went to 3 OT at states with Brooks winning for a spot in State tourney last year so there’s definitely bad blood) are in a tight race to fill that dual meet spot and how that plays out is definitely interesting, I don’t think by any means DMA will be a cake walk for either of these teams but the problem with DMA is they are freshman heavy and we’ve learned experience trumps talent and Archmere has three state qualifiers 1x Brooks 2x Huffman 3x McDougal and only lost Collins 4x and great sophomore talent from Archmere with France and Kryka the reason both didn’t make states is a concussion and the flue this Archmere teams is not to be played around with

Oh yea and Makoujy wasn’t very good he was fairly lucky and squeezed his way to states then got Tech falled in the first round at states

Hunter Balback started wrestling in 10th grade and placed 5th his junior year. And won states his senior year. Chris Boc started wrestling his freshman year and placed 5th his junior year. Both heavyweights. Might be another one but not sure
Boc tore his ACL

I agree with the Newark Charter take look for Archmere and Newark Charter to take steps up graduating only 4 between the both, meanwhile DMA is in recovery and if you look all heavy weights are vulnerable right now but it looks like Cobb, Brooks, and Buckholt (Brooks and Buckholt went to 3 OT at states with Brooks winning for a spot in State tourney last year so there’s definitely bad blood) are in a tight race to fill that dual meet spot and how that plays out is definitely interesting, I don’t think by any means DMA will be a cake walk for either of these teams but the problem with DMA is they are freshman heavy and we’ve learned experience trumps talent and Archmere has three state qualifiers 1x Brooks 2x Huffman 3x McDougal and only lost Collins 4x and great sophomore talent from Archmere with France and Kryka the reason both didn’t make states is a concussion and the flue this Archmere teams is not to be played around with
Interesting take. You sure know a lot about New Castle County Wrestling and the Preppy Penguins for being in college the last few years Tony. I hope you get states.. I mean nationals this season.

Good to see the 2x centennial wrestler of the week paying such close attention . Very refreshing

Not sure who certified @ what weight but I've watched and wrestled with the kids from dma. They'll be competitive. The only issue maybe be upper weights and overall depth

I just know the coaches from both schools know how to take non wrestlers and make them into decent wrestlers in a short period of time. From my experience anyways.

Interesting take. You sure know a lot about New Castle County Wrestling and the Preppy Penguins for being in college the last few years Tony. I hope you get states.. I mean nationals this season.
I’m not Tony Wuest he’s just a personal hero and yea it’s the upper weights for every team in well the entire independent conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT