ADVERTISEMENT

Way to Early 2018 Predictions

Delmar loses 4 starters, 2 were 2 way players, so really 6. they are loaded with speed still. They should contend of the south and a d2 title again next year. Woodbridge will be good again and also contend for both.

The real question is will Smyrna still be anywhere near as good without knight?? I think they will fall off.
Same question goes for milford, life without bowman? I think they will fall way off also.

Bowman traveled to a few camps, so he has had some looks. I think the real issue holding him back would be his size.

I agree. I am aware of one school that had some interest in Bowman but had some major concerns over the listed 5'6" 160 lbs. Just too small at Division 1 for both RB and DB. He will do well at the Division 3 level. Sam Ragland from Tatnall had same size issue last year and had an outstanding year at Division 3 Ursinus (I think Rookie of they year for the Cenntenial Conference).

Reactions: 84rider
I agree. I am aware of one school that had some interest in Bowman but had some major concerns over the listed 5'6" 160 lbs. Just too small at Division 1 for both RB and DB. He will do well at the Division 3 level. Sam Ragland from Tatnall had same size issue last year and had an outstanding year at Division 3 Ursinus (I think Rookie of they year for the Cenntenial Conference).
His size was the concern for all d 1 programs. Slot would be a good fit. He could go to a fully funded Juco for free , then enter recruiting again after a year or two and try to go d 1. After learning the Slot postion, or putting on weight in a college weight program. It would have to be a juco that ran a style that would showcase his skill Set. I’m sure a d 2 school will offer him . He is definitely not a d3 player. It’s more about finding the right fit for him as a player. That would be on him, his HS coaches, and recruiting coordinators Getting his film out. Sometimes a school will want a kid but they have a similar player already on their roster so they pass. I would offer him based off his total body of work. No matter who was on the roster. Other then blocking the blitz he was elite in every category

Last edited:
Reactions: bbmvp
Concerning the QB issue/non-issue of Smyrna. Rumor mill suggest another transfer from a D2 school up north above the canal.

However, I feel like they should give the freshman his due. If he knows the system, try him out a year or two and if not then start working your transfers.

I also see Sallies bouncing back, possibly a deep playoff run, but if the same schools they played this past year are the same out of state schools they face next year I'm not sold on it. Granted the fluke loss to Father Judge is what hurt them. I still see Westminster as a loss. The Middletown/Smyrna games could go either way really. So, they could bounce back. Should be interesting to watch.

The Wide Receiver from RCA/ECA/USC/ECC/WVU will make 2nd Team All American in 2018 and be the talk of WDEL. Love getting my hate on this time of year and keeping real.

Sallies wasn't even the best team this year or 2nd so how they can be "again" the best team in the state is a Ludacris statement

And as far as the QB for Smyrna goes, I'll leave it at that. If the kid was seriously considering the transfer he'd make it public. But he was. A two way player for a D2 school that didn't make the playoffs. So I doubt he'd be a better option than an in house guy who already has spent a year under the system.

Reactions: Bucsnot
Sallies wasn't even the best team this year or 2nd so how they can be "again" the best team in the state is a Ludacris statement

And as far as the QB for Smyrna goes, I'll leave it at that. If the kid was seriously considering the transfer he'd make it public. But he was. A two way player for a D2 school that didn't make the playoffs. So I doubt he'd be a better option than an in house guy who already has spent a year under the system.

Make it public you son bitch

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
I would like to see how well Middletown and Smyrna would play if they had the same out of state schedule as Sallies. Also I’d like to see how good sallies would be if they played teams like Delcastle and Appo.

Omg great point.

If only Smyrna or Middletown had played sallies recently, then we could know who was better. If only.

Sallies hasn't beaten either Smyrna or Middletown since 2015.

And Taking a look at the Out of states games those two teams played, Franklin, Irvington, and Upper Darby. Sallies would have went 0-3 against them.

Wait, you’re saying Smyrna and Middletown have beaten the piss out of Sallies the last couple years??!!??? Despite Sallies out of state schedule???

Hmmm. This one is tricky. On one hand there are head to head matchups where Sallies got smoked. On the other Sallies played some out of state opponents that weren’t as good as the out of state opponents Smyrna played this year.

This is a tough one. I’ll go with Sallies. I trust DEHSfootballfantic’s logic and intelligence. Go Sals

Sallies hasn't beaten either Smyrna or Middletown since 2015.

And Taking a look at the Out of states games those two teams played, Franklin, Irvington, and Upper Darby. Sallies would have went 0-3 against them.

You've gotta be the dumbest person alive bro. My 89 year old grandmother could've beaten upper Darby get a clue

Wait, you’re saying Smyrna and Middletown have beaten the piss out of Sallies the last couple years??!!??? Despite Sallies out of state schedule???

Hmmm. This one is tricky. On one hand there are head to head matchups where Sallies got smoked. On the other Sallies played some out of state opponents that weren’t as good as the out of state opponents Smyrna played this year.

This is a tough one. I’ll go with Sallies. I trust DEHSfootballfantic’s logic and intelligence. Go Sals
The Sals played very well against Middletown. They started off with a 13 point lead. Then the momentum shifted after a kr touchdown, when the sals missed about 6 tackles before the kid ran for the td. Sals defense shut down Whitehead . Whitehead only had two decent sized runs. The Sals played well against Smyrna as well. The Sals shut down knight in the defensive side. His biggest run was a meaningless 70 yard td run. The Sals lost all hope after the special teams failed them throughout that game. So maybe pickle should actually come out and watch the Sals, instead o

The Sals played very well against Middletown. They started off with a 13 point lead. Then the momentum shifted after a kr touchdown, when the sals missed about 6 tackles before the kid ran for the td. Sals defense shut down Whitehead . Whitehead only had two decent sized runs. The Sals played well against Smyrna as well. The Sals shut down knight in the defensive side. His biggest run was a meaningless 70 yard td run. The Sals lost all hope after the special teams failed them throughout that game. So maybe pickle should actually come out and watch the Sals, instead o
F checking the box score!

I wasn't saying they beat the piss out of them. I'm just stating that Sallies is 0-4 against Smyrna and Middletown the last two years. Making them "NOT the best team in the state" Smyrna holds that title!

Doesn't matter how you lost, the fact is you still lost. Sallies had two drives against Middletown, after that they were held in check the rest of the game. Not exactly a winning recipe.

Against Smyrna, one or two scores was generated by stupid personal fouls on Smyrna, they allowed Sallies to hang around. and once Knight was sick of it, he put them down like dogs.

I wasn't saying they beat the piss out of them. I'm just stating that Sallies is 0-4 against Smyrna and Middletown the last two years. Making them "NOT the best team in the state" Smyrna holds that title!

Doesn't matter how you lost, the fact is you still lost. Sallies had two drives against Middletown, after that they were held in check the rest of the game. Not exactly a winning recipe.

Against Smyrna, one or two scores was generated by stupid personal fouls on Smyrna, they allowed Sallies to hang around. and once Knight was sick of it, he put them down like dogs.

Knight didn't do anything all game but return the kick off and and 1 70yd td run, if sallies offensive coordination was good this year they would've been state champs, their defense was by far the best in the state, but their offense did nothing but run the ball up the middle just like every other year and it hasn't worked for 3 years.

A returned kick off for a TD and a 70 TD run, you and me certainly have a difference in opinion on what constitutes a good game versus doing nothing at all smh

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
Knight didn't do anything all game but return the kick off and and 1 70yd td run, if sallies offensive coordination was good this year they would've been state champs, their defense was by far the best in the state, but their offense did nothing but run the ball up the middle just like every other year and it hasn't worked for 3 years.

Yeah, he rushed for almost 190 yards and a touchdown and returned a punt and kick for touchdowns. But he didn’t do anything all game.

What did your kid do?

Smyrna wins that game with their second team

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Yeah, he rushed for almost 190 yards and a touchdown and returned a punt and kick for touchdowns. But he didn’t do anything all game.

What did your kid do?

Smyrna wins that game with their second team

Knight did absolutely nothing against their defense, they shut him down. He had almost as many yards in ever half of all other games he played as he did the entire game against sallies. Sallies wins that game with their brutal offense if their special teams was good. The bottom line is sallies had the best defense in the state no questions asked

Knight did absolutely nothing against their defense, they shut him down. He had almost as many yards in ever half of all other games he played as he did the entire game against sallies. Sallies wins that game with their brutal offense if their special teams was good. The bottom line is sallies had the best defense in the state no questions asked

Did nothing against their defense other than rush for 190 yards and a TD

That nothing is more than any production your kid had in an entire season. Don’t hate. Appreciate.

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
I’ll question that... Sallies points allowed per game was 17.4. MT 7.8 per game. Wanna reconsider???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT