ADVERTISEMENT

Way to Early 2018 Predictions

middletown played the worst teams in the state, newark, appo, really? check out sallies schedule
What a troll...Sallies lost 4 games. Get over it. They should be ashamed they don’t win it every year with 1100+ boys from three states. MT has a conference schedule they have to play. The three ooc games were Smyrna, Sallies and Upper Darby, which is the largest school in the entire state of Pennsylvania.

Reactions: 8484ron and Bucsnot
Wish I could rush for 190 yards, a touchdown and a kick off return TD and consider that I did nothing. There is no such thing as stopping Will Knight unless he isn't playing. Dover had him at about 5 yards after 1 quarter then he finished with close to 200...
Sallies had a down year, its cool it happens. Get over it and if you want to talk about best defense
Wilmington Friends gave up less than 5 ppg and Middletown a shade under 8ppg.
Meanwhile Sallies gave up 17.....

Wish I could rush for 190 yards, a touchdown and a kick off return TD and consider that I did nothing. There is no such thing as stopping Will Knight unless he isn't playing. Dover had him at about 5 yards after 1 quarter then he finished with close to 200...
Sallies had a down year, its cool it happens. Get over it and if you want to talk about best defense
Wilmington Friends gave up less than 5 ppg and Middletown a shade under 8ppg.
Meanwhile Sallies gave up 17.....

I 'd love to see the comments on here if Sallies scheduled Appo, Newark, and Delcastle next year and then the Sallies fans came on here talking about how few points they gave up per game. And Friends??? Really dude?

Sure we had no problem talking about Newark when they were winning state championships. Not Middletown's fault they schedule their conference and their conference stinks.

Sure we had no problem talking about Newark when they were winning state championships. Not Middletown's fault they schedule their conference and their conference stinks.

That’s absolutely correct. It’s their conference and they have no control over it. But to try and compare how many points Sallies gave up per game vs MT is just retarded. It’s apples and oranges.

All you need to know about historical schedule strength is right here. The numbers don’t lie. http://calpreps.com/Delaware_dynasty_ratings.htm

Last edited:
Sallies also played a tougher schedule than Mtown. Delcastle, appo, Newark, and St. George’s... r u serious???
Here’s what’s serious...Sallies gave up more points than their opponents in 4 games and it cost them a playoff spot. Quit crying about MT schedule. Again...Sallies should win every title in every sport every year with what they have to work with. Bottom line.

Sallies has the ability to schedule better quality teams and as of late Smyrna has gone outside DE and Middletown has a bit too. But the schedule isn't as open.
so of course they are going to have that and Sallies plays 2-3 out of state teams a year. They had a down year its fine. Haven't won a chip in a couple years. Kent County/Middletown are where the boys are right now. but looking at your link MiddleTown has a better record against top 1000 teams 6-18 to Sallies 5-21.
But apples to oranges

Here’s what’s serious...Sallies gave up more points than their opponents in 4 games and it cost them a playoff spot. Quit crying about MT schedule. Again...Sallies should win every title in every sport every year with what they have to work with. Bottom line.
Sallies doesn’t recruit though... it’s very suspicious how Smyrna gets all of these transfers...leddie Brown... Isaiah wright. Also Smyrna’s basketball team suspiciously gets a 7’2” kid from Africa to move into the middle of nowhere...questionable.

You disagree??? Upwards of 100 kids trying out for baseball and freshman football teams with 80+kids. Boo Hoo Sallies. Our schedule is so hard. Don’t think many on here other than Sallies homers feel bad for you.
First of all there were like 40 kids on their freshmen team this year, and what does baseball have to do with this. Sallies would’ve been in the playoffs if CR and Dover didn’t drop them. I’m not saying they would win because they wouldn’t, but they definitely could’ve made a run.

Reactions: delsportsreport
Sallies doesn’t recruit though... it’s very suspicious how Smyrna gets all of these transfers...leddie Brown... Isaiah wright. Also Smyrna’s basketball team suspiciously gets a 7’2” kid from Africa to move into the middle of nowhere...questionable.
Sallies doesn’t need to recruit. It’s a prestigious Catholic school with top notch education and athletics. No question about it. They will never struggle to attract top student athletes with families that can afford to send them there. Look at the soccer team. Do they need to recruit? How do they win it every year and football doesn’t?

70018734a1cd5f298c5b7eedbfd6f5e5fd3443759662c30812f08029364a11eb.jpg

imo whether they recruit or not, doesn't matter me. 100 kids of 30 kids, they still have to go out and execute. what i find surprising is that most of the broom st hate comes from upstate. like our coach used to tell us, its just another game against a tough team, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

Reactions: Chesdel
Sallies doesn’t need to recruit. It’s a prestigious Catholic school with top notch education and athletics. No question about it. They will never struggle to attract top student athletes with families that can afford to send them there. Look at the soccer team. Do they need to recruit? How do they win it every year and football doesn’t?
the soccer team and lacrosse team at sallies are in the same boat. They go out and play the top teams in the country, and then come in and play in state teams that aren’t on the same tier as they are.

the soccer team and lacrosse team at sallies are in the same boat. They go out and play the top teams in the country, and then come in and play in state teams that aren’t on the same tier as they are.

Please stop this. Nobody is going to feel sorry for the Sals. You have to go out and beat who is on your schedule.
Sure, it would have been nice to have been able to play CR and Dover but they will return when they think they are ready. I give CR credit for like playing the Sals all those years.

Reactions: 84rider
You don’t really want to know the answer to this. Football and basketball are different demographics to those upperclass sports. Sals has a very few minority’s and even though they succeed in football due to numbers they don’t dominate in today’s speed game anymore. Is what it is sallies is probably the whitest catholic school in the country today

I predict that the champions for next year, will be the teams that emerge victorious up at UD. It will not matter their schedule, it will not matter their color, it will not matter how well they can recite poetry. What will matter is how they play football. Just like it was this year.

What a troll...Sallies lost 4 games. Get over it. They should be ashamed they don’t win it every year with 1100+ boys from three states. MT has a conference schedule they have to play. The three ooc games were Smyrna, Sallies and Upper Darby, which is the largest school in the entire state of Pennsylvania.

Upper Darby is the largest high school in PA in regards to be local to Sallies, and they constantly underachieve.

Cheers,

Busch

I agree. I am aware of one school that had some interest in Bowman but had some major concerns over the listed 5'6" 160 lbs. Just too small at Division 1 for both RB and DB. He will do well at the Division 3 level. Sam Ragland from Tatnall had same size issue last year and had an outstanding year at Division 3 Ursinus (I think Rookie of they year for the Cenntenial Conference).

Great

Sallies potentially winning every year doesn't hold the same weight as it did 20 years ago because simply there are more options for football players of all backgrounds to play and be seen.

A lot of that is charters and vo-techs, a piece of it is the fact so much info is at the fingertips of recruiters than there was back when D1 was Sallies/Penn/Newark every year.

The name Salesianum still has way more clout than most with the exception of Middletown/Newark/Penn, but the pull is slightly less these days.

Playoff Predictions
1. Sals- young guys ready to contribute and seniors will step up and prove everyone wrong/excellent defense returning
2. Middletown- returning Fry and Johnston. Fry can make playoffs alone
3. Hodgson- Young team returning lots of stars including freshman standout Henry
4. Smyrna- Has some young talent coming back enough to make playoffs but barely even won with Knight
5. Sussex Central- Returning two twin brothers at qb and wide out as well as a few linemen
6.William Penn- Always in the mix not sure how many starters coming back but always good

Sals v Middletown in finals

Thoughts?
Crazy how everyone went nuts about me ranking sallies even in the top 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT