ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 fnl scores...

Also Smyrna vs Middletown.... what are some key take away from this game for the folks who were there? A lot of people seemed to like these teams in the preseason rankings; seemed like a good game....
I was there neither team knows who their QB is and Smyrna doesn't scare anyone with lack of a kicker having whoever is the QB kicking

Rumor is Braden is done for the year. I’m not putting the injury online because I don’t know how long it will be. Or which part of the body it’s on. However, my optimism (and knowledge on the injury) Is 6 weeks he’ll be back. If not, the season relies on Colby now.

Didn’t see that one coming...is CR bad or appo good?

WP looked bad ....but it was sallies and let’s jusy say they are sallies

I said that all offseason. A few people on here tried to talk them up. Penn is no longer what Penn was. A shell of its former shelf.

The Appo/Cr score did surprise me, so did St. George’s/Cape. So, don’t sleep on the Jags or the Hawks.

I said that all offseason. A few people on here tried to talk them up. Penn is no longer what Penn was. A shell of its former shelf.

The Appo/Cr score did surprise me, so did St. George’s/Cape. So, don’t sleep on the Jags or the Hawks.

Sounds like Penn misses Dooley ?????

W
Rumor is Braden is done for the year. I’m not putting the injury online because I don’t know how long it will be. Or which part of the body it’s on. However, my optimism (and knowledge on the injury) Is 6 weeks he’ll be back. If not, the season relies on Colby now.
what school?

On a more positive note, the Sals-Penn game crowd was overflowing on a crappy misty drizzling night. Every seat was taken and the field was ringed.

The bands did a nice job. I also saw Penn's band at the Labor Day parade. (For the life of me I can't figure out why they can't incorporate accordion music into the marching bands. It would probably attract hundreds of more spectators.)

Yes, the Big S has some talent but a team prone to too many mental mistakes could screw things up. My call on the Specials is that they are certainly in the hunt and look like a 7-3, 6-4 team but may sneak into the tournament. Time will tell.

Cape ain't no good. Please..

William Penn is not what they used to be and it's sad. That said, if Sallies can build confidence and trust in Dylan Mooney, they'll still very much be a title contender. Sure Penn is awful, but Mooney looked and played every bit the game manager Coach DiNardo will probably need him to be. And it doesn't hurt to have Andrew Watkins in the backfield either.

Sallies' defense is also very tough and ball-hawkish. They got so many facemask penalties because they were straight up trying to slap or snatch the ball out of WP's ballcarriers' hands.

Hodgson’s 5th unsportsmanlike penalty of the game negates a big play at end of first half. Halftime HVT 21- 7 At least 20 penalties between the two teams.

I have always liked Moffet but can't for the life of me figure out why he can't control his team..With the talent and numbers they had in D2 they should have won at least 5 ships and that is being generous

Last edited:
William Penn is not what they used to be and it's sad. That said, if Sallies can build confidence and trust in Dylan Mooney, they'll still very much be a title contender. Sure Penn is awful, but Mooney looked and played every bit the game manager Coach DiNardo will probably need him to be. And it doesn't hurt to have Andrew Watkins in the backfield either.

Sallies' defense is also very tough and ball-hawkish. They got so many facemask penalties because they were straight up trying to slap or snatch the ball out of WP's ballcarriers' hands.
All of the traditional public schools above the canal have died.... Make a conference just for them.

I would say you just did put it online.

Reactions: Bucsnot
Hodgson’s 5th unsportsmanlike penalty of the game negates a big play at end of first half. Halftime HVT 21- 7 At least 20 penalties between the two teams.

I have always liked Moffet but can't for the life of me figure out why he can't control his team..With the talent and numbers they had in D2 they should have won at least 5 ships and that is being generous

Obviously school administration and the AD find that behavior acceptable. As they say you promote what you permit.

It was posted on twitter kid had a hand splint on..HS didn't initiate it and even if he he did who cares,, Delaware High School Football isn't the CIA or National Security

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerman7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT