ADVERTISEMENT

What schools have the best basketball coaches?

Originally posted by realdealhoops:
CapitalGuy I don't know about Poly being rattled I saw some bad play like they weren't interested in the game. I didn't see any adjustments Milford made when Poly pressed them. One thing I can say is Poly better bring their A game when they meet Howard on Friday.
Spath called a time out and made sure the spacing was correct when the game was und 4:00, when Poly was pressing Milford, The open man was not picked up by the man with the ball a few times. Couple that with a few missed layups when they did break the press and you have a young team learning a lesson. I haven't seen Poly this year till yesterday, they did indeed look out of sync, but made their shots when it mattered. It was a real fun game to watch. The better team won.
It will be interesting to see if Milford can be ready for Wednesday, that was a very young team who were crushed by the result last night. They didn't even want to get off the bench, they were so upset. It will be interesting to see how they respond.
As for Spath, I don't know about coach of the year, I think that is a bit of a reach. I only know what I saw this season. I watched a young and inexperienced team get better as the season went on. Achieving the goals he had set for them. More importantly, I have seen the players become more mature as the year has passed, something I have rarely seen from a Milford team. Spath is not in it for awards, he just loves to coach the game and teach. He was excited about playing Saint Mark's, he was excited about playing Appo, because he knew that each one of those games would make them better. His plan is the same going forward, he wants to make the team better. He knows that to do that he should play against teams that provide various sets and looks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT