ADVERTISEMENT

Who's all state, now that season is pretty much over....

EducatedEye

D1A Prospect
Jan 22, 2004
Ali Mount
Matthews Smyrna POY
Inge A.I.
Davis Sanford
Cale Appo

I doubt it turns out this way but based on production this very well should be it

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
Is there a single place to access stats for the teams?

I am surprised you picked Matthews but can't say there is a clear choice.

Unless you've seem all the players, multiple times, it's hard to pick five. I've seen about 10 Newark games. No way is Drumgo Sharpe one of the top five players in the state

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
He's not first team but if you've seen Howard play this year Lamar Woody deserves his votes. He will be one of the states top 5 players next year. After losing key transfers to a couple top schools he's really stepped up. (Turners to Newark, Okoye Parker to Caravel, Revelle to STM). Scored 30 with a triple double the first time I seen him play this year.

This season has been too unpredictable to speculate. Its hard to give a player FTAS status if his team is preforming poorly. If you have a player on a team that has a lot of losses and he scores 25ppg ( because he's a selfish player) does that make him all state? Verses a player who scorers 15 ppg with multiple stats and wins games. IDK!
I think POY as usual will be from a team that reaches the finals this season...

Just my opinion...
Inge
Stansbury
Parker
Cale
Davis POY
When I first looked at this list, it seemed to make sense. Then I got to thinking. What about Matthews at Smyrna? Hyland &/or Rawls at St. Georges? Woody at Howard? It's really tough to pick 5 this year. I haven't seen Davis play so I can't comment on your POY selection

1st Team
Davis
Matthews
Stansbury
Cale
Inge

2nd Team
Rawls
Hyland
Parker
Kennedy
Montanez

This season has been too unpredictable to speculate. Its hard to give a player FTAS status if his team is preforming poorly. If you have a player on a team that has a lot of losses and he scores 25ppg ( because he's a selfish player) does that make him all state? Verses a player who scorers 15 ppg with multiple stats and wins games. IDK!
I think POY as usual will be from a team that reaches the finals this season...

Lamar woody has had multiple triple doubles were double digits rebounds and assists so he is not a selfish player at all.

Reactions: onejeron
When I first looked at this list, it seemed to make sense. Then I got to thinking. What about Matthews at Smyrna? Hyland &/or Rawls at St. Georges? Woody at Howard? It's really tough to pick 5 this year. I haven't seen Davis play so I can't comment on your POY selection

You're right it's tough. I really think this year it should be 6 1st team guys. And that would go to Rawls instead of Mathews. I've always been a Woody fan and I like Hyland alot too.

Cale - major D1 signed, resume speaks for itself, Appo 11-5

Stansbury - best player on Top 5 team, putting HVT back on the map, HVT 13-3

Matthews - best player on #1 team, best shooter in the state, Smyrna 15-2

Rawls - best PG in the state, other than Bones (2nd team imo) not playing with much, keeps St. G's a contender post LH.

Davis - just a frosh but one of if not best player in the state, huge potential, carrying Sanford 9-8

2nd Team

Money - great career, No catch or box and 1 every night and delivers. St. E's 10-7

Hyland - flat out scorer, steps into KR's shoes next year, St. G's 13-4

Ali - #2 PG in the state (imo), the key to Mount's success, Mount 17-3

Inge - having a huge stat year, AI 11-7

Montanez - leading STM, explosive player, big impact in 1 season, STM 14-3

3rd Team

Cramer - highlight show, bright future, Mount 17-3

Parker - putting up big numbers, Caravel 11-6

Drumgo-Sharpe - clutch player, a nightmare to defend, Newark 14-3

Nwankwo - game changer in the paint and on the boards, no doubt he's a D1 player, Smyrna 15-2

Woody - big time stats, Howard 8-8

To make things interesting....I would also throw 2 freshman names in the mix for 3rd team and Honorable Mention....Eden Davis of Dover and Hassan Perkins of Tatnall. Both are leading their teams in scoring.

Reactions: jvm3 and 84rider
Why is Matthews being considered 1st team all state when he is the definition of a selfish player
I don't usually respond to commits. However I had to share some details about the Smyrna offense. It is the head coaches philosophy for Matthews to take most of the shots for the offense. The head coach views any possession the Matthews doesn't touch ball is a bad possession. Matthews is a great kid and unselfish player just wanted to set the record straight. This is his second year of high school basketball and he carries a great deal of responsibility for his teams success.

Reactions: jvm3
Cale - major D1 signed, resume speaks for itself, Appo 11-5

Stansbury - best player on Top 5 team, putting HVT back on the map, HVT 13-3

Matthews - best player on #1 team, best shooter in the state, Smyrna 15-2

Rawls - best PG in the state, other than Bones (2nd team imo) not playing with much, keeps St. G's a contender post LH.

Davis - just a frosh but one of if not best player in the state, huge potential, carrying Sanford 9-8
I like your list and breakdowns. Davis is freshman and will get it later. I would replace Davis with Kramer. Kramer is difference maker on the true #1 team in state.

I like your list and breakdowns. Davis is freshman and will get it later. I would replace Davis with Kramer. Kramer is difference maker on the true #1 team in state.
Davis's skill set is way better then Kramer overall. Saying Kramer is the difference maker on MP is questionable , without Ali that team is at the bottom of the top 10 without a doubt

I think it's still to early to be determining who's 1st and 2nd team I think the final indicator will come during tourney play this year it's open for a lot of these young athletes based upon what I seen this year

Reactions: pitt8179
Majority of the votes come from coaches
Coaches and media.

By the way, Smyrna finishes the regular season at AI next Tuesday, so you can see Matthews and Inge head-to-head. I expect no tickets to be available at the door.

All teams are picked 100% by coaches of that specific conference. No media. Coaches will nominate there own players who are then voted in by the conferences other coaches. You usually get more points if your put into a 1st team vs a 2nd team on that coaches ballot. They total after that. Up to coaches discretion. It's pretty easy to pick the first couple. The hard part is weighing those guys on bubble

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT