ADVERTISEMENT

Who's all state, now that season is pretty much over....

I'm not knocking the kid but can you honestly put him ahead of Rawls,Ali or Earl at PG?

Just curious.. What happened to that kid Kevin Dent from Ai last year? I believe he was a sophomore and he was pretty good

I'm not knocking the kid but can you honestly put him ahead of Rawls,Ali or Earl at PG?

I don't think the question was who you would take him ahead of but just stating that he deserves recognition but while it is now on the table..No, I would not have him ahead of Rawls or Ali & have not seen Earl in person but plan too Thursday vs Woodbridge. There's an underrated PG @ St. Thomas More (Greg Bloodsworth) that not many get to see that I'd take ahead of him & go as far as taking the 2 freshmen PGs downstate ahead of him in Dover's Eden Davis & Cape's Cory Barnes also.

No disrespect to anyone on this post but I haven't seen a better point guard then Ali this year hands down Rawl is good but when it comes to running a team and keeping everybody involved and poised he is a true conductor on the court and can tak over at will

Reactions: pitt8179
No disrespect to anyone on this post but I haven't seen a better point guard then Ali this year hands down Rawl is good but when it comes to running a team and keeping everybody involved and poised he is a true conductor on the court and can tak over at will

The good thing, if the voters are actually trying to do the right thing, both boys can be /should be 1st team

I was going to say that this makes for a nice head-to-head matchup in the Blue Hen Conference Championship game but w/ St. George's taking that loss to Glasgow when coach sat Rawls & Hyland if that leaves St. George's w/ 1 Flight B loss along w/ Glasgow (loss to Hodgson) & Hodgson (loss to St. George's) then who gets the bid to conference championship game vs Mt. Pleasant?

Last edited:
Probably St. G's they may have better overall record,plus the head to head win vs Hodgson

I was hoping St. George's but wasn't sure because even if they go head-to-head record each team is 1-1 vs the other two & I'm not sure what the second tie-breaker is. St. George's beat Hodgson head-to-head, but then Glasgow's argument would surely be that they beat St. George's head-to-head. That game where Rawls & Hyland were both sat could prove to be crucial, but I still like what Coach Rod did by standing his ground & being stern...we don't have many coaches that would have done that especially w/ their best 2 players.

Kyson Rawls is a legit !st Team All allstate candidate hands down. He has lead that team from the time lamar Hamrick left the team mid year last year and got them back to the chip but came up short. my prediction is if they get back to that final game the 3rd time will be the charm and they will come out on top. He is having a hell of a high school career through all the ups and down with that program! I watched him for 4 years and he added a different piece to his game each year

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
All teams are picked 100% by coaches of that specific conference. No media. Coaches will nominate there own players who are then voted in by the conferences other coaches. You usually get more points if your put into a 1st team vs a 2nd team on that coaches ballot. They total after that. Up to coaches discretion. It's pretty easy to pick the first couple. The hard part is weighing those guys on bubble
All-conference is picked by the coaches, but all-state is coaches and media. I know because I have voted for all-state for several years. And all-state is not on a point system.

I was going to say that this makes for a nice head-to-head matchup in the Blue Hen Conference Championship game but w/ St. George's taking that loss to Glasgow when coach sat Rawls & Hyland if that leaves St. George's w/ 1 Flight B loss along w/ Glasgow (loss to Hodgson) & Hodgson (loss to St. George's) then who gets the bid to conference championship game vs Mt. Pleasant?
If 3-way tie, team with highest state tourney point index gets the Flight B spot in BHC game.

Highly unlikely a henlopen south kid gets it, not enough coaches down there and hardly any media sees them

My point exactly. If it wasn't for Woodbridge actually traveling upstate to play St. George's & Glasgow this year they may have not gotten seen til tournament time. I think C. Corbin has done enough to get a spot on 2nd Team at least & you can't ignore the fact that Woodbridge is 17-2 staring at a top 1-4 seed come playoff time which usually counts for something.

My point exactly. If it wasn't for Woodbridge actually traveling upstate to play St. George's & Glasgow this year they may have not gotten seen til tournament time. I think C. Corbin has done enough to get a spot on 2nd Team at least & you can't ignore the fact that Woodbridge is 17-2 staring at a top 1-4 seed come playoff time which usually counts for something.

It's obvious they're good, should have beaten St. George's, the Henlopen Chip game will be interesting

Cale - major D1 signed, resume speaks for itself, Appo 11-5

Stansbury - best player on Top 5 team, putting HVT back on the map, HVT 13-3

Matthews - best player on #1 team, best shooter in the state, Smyrna 15-2

Rawls - best PG in the state, other than Bones (2nd team imo) not playing with much, keeps St. G's a contender post LH.

Davis - just a frosh but one of if not best player in the state, huge potential, carrying Sanford 9-8

All-State Contenders Playoff Production

Montanez - Final 4 (2-0), 12.5 ppg
Bloodsworth - Final 4 (2-0), ?? ppg (26 vs. Sanford / no record vs. St. Mark's)
Hyland - Final 4 (3-0), 16.3 ppg
Rawls - Final 4 (3-0), 21 ppg
Parker - Final 4 (3-0), 23.7 ppg
Matthews - Final 4 (2-0), 27.5 ppg
Nwankwo - Final 4 (2-0), 11 ppg
H. Corbin - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), ?? ppg (18 vs. Smyrna, ? vs WP)
C. Corbin - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), ?? ppg (9 vs Smyrna, ? vs WP)
Davis - Quarterfinals loss (2-1), 21.3 ppg
Cale - Quarterfinals loss (2-1), 18.7 ppg
Cramer - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), 13 ppg
Hodges - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), 11 ppg
Ali - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), 10 ppg
Rickards - 2nd round loss (1-1), 21 ppg
Stansbury - 1 and done (0-1), 15 ppg
Money - 1 and done (0-1), 17 ppg
Sharpe - 1 and done (0-1), 8 ppg
Woody - 1 and done (0-1), 22 ppg
Earl - 1 and done (0-1), 6 ppg

Last edited:
All-State Contenders Playoff Production

Montanez - Final 4 (2-0), 12.5 ppg
Bloodsworth - Final 4 (2-0), ?? ppg (26 vs. Sanford / no record vs. St. Mark's)
Hyland - Final 4 (3-0), 16.3 ppg
Rawls - Final 4 (3-0), 21 ppg
Parker - Final 4 (3-0), 23.7 ppg
Matthews - Final 4 (2-0), 27.5 ppg
Nwankwo - Final 4 (2-0), 11 ppg
H. Corbin - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), ?? ppg (18 vs. Smyrna, ? vs WP)
C. Corbin - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), ?? ppg (9 vs Smyrna, ? vs WP)
Davis - Quarterfinals loss (2-1), 21.3 ppg
Cale - Quarterfinals loss (2-1), 18.7 ppg
Cramer - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), 13 ppg
Hodges - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), 11 ppg
Ali - Quarterfinals loss (1-1), 10 ppg
Rickards - 2nd round loss (1-1), 21 ppg
Stansbury - 1 and done (0-1), 15 ppg
Money - 1 and done (0-1), 17 ppg
Sharpe - 1 and done (0-1), 8 ppg
Woody - 1 and done (0-1), 22 ppg
Earl - 1 and done (0-1), 6 ppg

They do the full stat sheets at the Bob...it would be interesting to see the entire sheet showing the stats outside of points scored as well.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT