ADVERTISEMENT

Will Knight offered by Blue Hens

Congrats to Knight on the offer. Love to see him stay in state.

Also, last week, Kedrick Whitehead verbally committed to Delaware....Linebacker! (Per his social media page)

Seriously doubt he plays LB .... I think he moves to Safety ( and plays well ) .Not big enough to play LB. JMHO

Reactions: Lazertron
I think he might play some LB at Middletown (I saw them three times last year and aside from the front 4, those guys move around a lot), but yeah, Whitehead's gonna be a really good safety, maybe Mike Adams level.

I'm sure Will thinks he's deserving of more and higher tier offers (and I agree), but I think if he decides to stay in state along with a few others, UD will be championship caliber again in short order.

I'm sure Will thinks he's deserving of more and higher tier offers (and I agree), but I think if he decides to stay in state along with a few others, UD will be championship caliber again in short order.
Nothing wrong with UD. His size is the only thing keeping the bigger schools away. Amazing talent though.

I think he has a state record setting, monster year now that LB4school is gone. If or how that impacts whether he gets better offers remains to be seen.

Off topic- how many colleges does everyone think LB4school goes to? My money is on 3...

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
I think he has a state record setting, monster year now that LB4school is gone. If or how that impacts whether he gets better offers remains to be seen.

Off topic- how many colleges does everyone think LB4school goes to? My money is on 3...

Hopefully for the kid he does have a monster year but if coaches are smart I see a year similar last season for knight as they stuff the box and let Wilson beat them. If teams spread themselves out because Smyrna does it and Wilson hasn't beat them they deserve to get slaughtered.

If Brown goes to WV then 1 if he goes anywhere bigger 2.

Hopefully for the kid he does have a monster year but if coaches are smart I see a year similar last season for knight as they stuff the box and let Wilson beat them. If teams spread themselves out because Smyrna does it and Wilson hasn't beat them they deserve to get slaughtered.

If Brown goes to WV then 1 if he goes anywhere bigger 2.

I see him reneging on the WVU offer to go to a bigger school (can't blame him, Alabama is a hell of an offer), leaving and spending a year at a JUCO, then going to another school.

Anyone have any idea how Henderson and C. Reeder are doing so far at camp? I know Henderson has probably 0 chance of playing this year because he weighs less than their cheerleaders but I'm just curious as to how his throws are looking compared to their other QBs, etc.

And I think the younger Reeder will be nasty if he is aggressive and not shy of contact with big boys. In high school he smoked people but was bigger and more "mature" than everyone else. Hopefully he is taxing some asses at UD.

Anyone have any idea how Henderson and C. Reeder are doing so far at camp? I know Henderson has probably 0 chance of playing this year because he weighs less than their cheerleaders but I'm just curious as to how his throws are looking compared to their other QBs, etc.

And I think the younger Reeder will be nasty if he is aggressive and not shy of contact with big boys. In high school he smoked people but was bigger and more "mature" than everyone else. Hopefully he is taxing some asses at UD.

Why do you guys get on the Sallies kids so hard because they are bigger than most? The kids aren't that old. I believe someone said they reclassify. Don't believe that is true either because it would be pointless given DIAAs age and playing rules.

Why do you guys get on the Sallies kids so hard because they are bigger than most? The kids aren't that old. I believe someone said they reclassify. Don't believe that is true either because it would be pointless given DIAAs age and playing rules.

I also said Nolan, who is someone that I've rooted for and defended on here, is as big as a cheerleader but you aren't offended by that. Sorry I offended you. Truly, I am.

And I said they reclassify. Because they do.

Pickle not offended just asking a question especially like I said DIAA prohibits such things. They prohibits participation of more than 4 consecutive years from entering 9th grade plus you cannot turn 19 prior to 6/15 prior to your senior year unless you get a waiver from DIAA due to hardship. So just wondered how they would be able to do that given the school is 9-12 and your 4 year clock starts when you enter 9th grade.

And I said they reclassify. Because they do.

You make a career out of irresponsible statements like this. What exactly do you mean? If you imply that they hold a kid back for grades you are full of you know what. If you suggest that they counsel students to enroll later in life for athletic reasons, well I won't even go there. You have spoken ad neuseam about Colby Reeder running over kids because he was a man among boys and such. According to the UD website , Reeder was born 2-3-97. That would put him about 18-1/2 at the start of the 2015 season. Is that really a big deal? I suspect that there were many players that year who had the same distinction . Start making a little sense in your postings for a change.

You make a career out of irresponsible statements like this. What exactly do you mean? If you imply that they hold a kid back for grades you are full of you know what. If you suggest that they counsel students to enroll later in life for athletic reasons, well I won't even go there. You have spoken ad neuseam about Colby Reeder running over kids because he was a man among boys and such. According to the UD website , Reeder was born 2-3-97. That would put him about 18-1/2 at the start of the 2015 season. Is that really a big deal? I suspect that there were many players that year who had the same distinction . Start making a little sense in your postings for a change.

I'll try father.

And just FYI if it isn't obvious- I'm rooting for him to do well at UD. Might even buy his jersey (as a backup in case I spill beer on my Henderson one). I hope he goes pro. I also root for Sallies fans to female dog and moan so I like saying things to make them mad. And it obviously works.

And just FYI if it isn't obvious- I'm rooting for him to do well at UD. Might even buy his jersey (as a backup in case I spill beer on my Henderson one). I hope he goes pro. I also root for Sallies fans to female dog and moan so I like saying things to make them mad. And it obviously works.

Case closed. You are judged a moron .BTW; buy that Reeder jersey now. He is running first team OLB.

It's within the rules

It's not within the rules which is why I asked you to explain. Once a student enters Sallies they start 9th grade. From that point that have 4 consecutive years to participate in no more than 4 fall, winter and spring seasons with you 4th season (senior year) being contingent on not turn 19 before 6/15 of your senior year.

So if a kid enters 9th grade then reclassifies at any point they are still on the consecutive year running clock so reclassifying would eliminate them playing their senior year.

So what am I missing that will allow reclassification?

No one reclasses after they enter HS in DE. They would be ineligible to play their 5th year.. The reclassing is done prior to HS

No one reclasses after they enter HS in DE. They would be ineligible to play their 5th year.. The reclassing is done prior to HS

Yep, they transfer & repeat 8th grade to get another year of athletic eligibility. It's like redshirting in college, except in high schools. And only at private schools. Kids going from Smyrna middle to Smyrna High can't reclass.

Only Sallies doesn't have a 8th grade so there is that. It is done at private schools that house middle schools but usually done when a kid transfers from a public and its more for academic acclimation then anything else.. sometimes a kid may test well enough to get in if they repeat a grade but not for their next grade

[QUOTE="PickleEveryEndNow, post: 113116, member: 3401" Kids going from Smyrna middle to Smyrna High can't reclass.[/QUOTE]

sure they can.. just don't do your work and get held back

RR great breakdown. I myself know how it works which is why I was asking Pickle about how he figures it would work because if Sallies was reclassifying kids and it was legal then all DIAA schools would be doing it.

RR great breakdown. I myself know how it works which is why I was asking Pickle about how he figures it would work because if Sallies was reclassifying kids and it was legal then all DIAA schools would be doing it.

I would be willing to bet the average age of a Sallies senior is higher than the average age of a smyrna senior. I would bet significant money on this. Anyone want to make a gentlewomans bet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT