ADVERTISEMENT

Woodbridge Smyrna ??????

DE might be the only state in the country who still has the QB's running to the sideline to get the plays.. wtf? how can you create any tempo or sustain momentum that way? Its nonsense and when you have two teams doing it then hell lets order a pizza and watch a movie between plays

I watch Sallies do it every game and I wonder how hard could it be to memorize all of BDN's 6 plays with signs on the sideline.

Caravels D is the best I have seen in the years I have been here,, They are stout against the run like they have always been but they are also good on pass D which was always a weakness in years past ,, as GHS found out you cant play 7o7 vs them they know that game ... CA won't give up big plays WB will have to drive for every score.. not sure they are up to that task being they played terrible teams and they scored at will
Only saw first half vs. Sallies but is this years D better than 2012? That D was beastly.

Big difference between Smyrna and Woodbridge is Smyrna knows how to handle success and stay focused. Obviously some of the Woodbridge players haven't learned how to stay humble and let their play speak for them. That lack of humility and the need for acceptance could ultimately be your downfall. One game only each week should be your only concern. Who cares about a hypothetical game that has no meaning!

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Woodbridges Front seven is scary good, As Rooster said in the beginning of the season Caravel's line is going to them as far as they will go and this is a real test for them

Reactions: papa44
Smyrna 56
WB 19

Come on guys.............really

Woodbridge won't even beat Caravel. How the hell would they hold up against Smyrna?

WB kept their opponents 17.38 points below their scoring average...

Yeah but the opponents weren't very good. Henlopen South is weak. Non conf they beat Dover, Poly, Friends and some weak out of state team.

Plus Smyrna puts up points on most everyone. The majority of def coordinators in DE have no idea how to stop Smyrna. Woodbridge wouldn't be any different.

Why are we still talking about this?

Wait..............................this is football talk. Where is mylocalview??? He always wants to talk football.

Reactions: Porky Bacon
Unbelievable lol. Smyrna 60 WB 21 and 21 is generous. WB has a good team but Smyrna is on another level. Mtown 35 WB 14 because they can't hang with that squad either.

Also Caravel is not a normal 7 seed. They are much like that Buck Jones Hodgson team that won the title as a 7 or 8 seed. Caravel is really good.

One of my best friends is a coach for Smyrna and my nephew plays there...

I would want Smyrna to win...

I just think it would actually be a good game...

But, we'll actually never know...

Reactions: jr15
If I seeded this years Division II...

I would have had Caravel as the #2 seed...

And I would have gotten ripped apart by half of you...

Knowing that many of you will go nuts with this, is it not fair to say that Caravel beat who they were supposed to as well as lost to who they were supposed to, with the possible exception of Cape? I appreciate that they had a challenging schedule and that experience will serve them well.

I would agree with that. I think they had a better last 3 weeks vs solid comp than did WB.

Caravel is big upfront, fast and very physical. That D is legit and has been playing at a high level for the last 3 weeks or so. Add the addition of Barker and Taylor to the mix and they are SCARY GOOD

I think Caravel finished exactly where they were supposed to... Including beating Cape...

#2 in II

and

#8 Overall

Caravel without Barker and Taylor was not supposed to beat Cape. Heck I would say making playoffs would have been a long shot.

Losing your QB and playing a kid who hadn't take many if any Varsity snaps is tough. Then add the lose of Taylor and I would say this run is impressive

I would love to see Woodbridge D take on Smyrna O think it be closer than what many of us think
They would not beat any of the Top Four teams left in Div I right now. Not a Chance..... Best of Luck to Woodbridge they better worry about beating Caravel. They are a very Good team.....

LOL... I enjoy giving you guys stuff to talk about... As long as we don't disrespect any players... It's all good...

Well I have never "disrespected" a player on here ever.. Regardless what some trolls say I said that wasnt true or the spin they put on what I said... I give honest opinions on a player abilities as it pertains to D1 but I always said how good of a HS player they were.. Not that my opinion even really matters were just talking here..Just because I dont say every kid is the best I have seen and is great then I am disrespecting them. No I am respecting them in the fact I am not blowing smoke up their ass on how good they are like parents and fans do today but why get twisted because what I think means nothing and if a parent or fans want to get twisted because I dont feel the same way about their players or kids then well too bad.. I am not going to change BUT I have never ever said a kid wasnt any good which would be "disrespectful".. I have said I thought another kid may be better but never once said a kid wasn't good... I have said a team was't good but that is reality there are good teams, average teams and bad teams .. I am not the guy who is going to tell everyone how great they are and how special they are..I feel that is worse.. In life you are judged by performance and being told you good when your not is a diservice

The main point is these Forums are not a place for News stories,, Just like in the papers the news stories are on the news pages,, That is where you can read the feel good about a teams accomplishments and players praises when they sign or whatever.. Theses forums are akin to the opinion pages in the papers where its not reporters who research stories or whatever but just folks writing an opinion on a subject..This site has news pages go read them for all the accolades and facts.. The forums are just a place for nobodies to opine its not news

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT