ADVERTISEMENT

WP QB transfers to St. E’s

He is pretty good. He took over the starting spot from the other kid like half way through the season. Throws a good ball.

To say I'm shocked would be a lie. I wouldn't. Be surprised if you start seeing some others transfer before the school year starts. Penn will take a step back this season as I predicted.

most private schools don't typically unless there are extenuating circumstances of some sort

Its fact.. St E's has roster up..... only 23 players on roster though ? hopefully they will be adding more. I also noticed they have Caravel back on their schedule starting next year so that is good

Yep, I see the QB's name on the roster. Don't know if it'll be enough for St. E to crack the playoffs this year, but that's why they play the games.

Got a few transfer in this week I hear. Interesting that was never the case. New people new rules.

Its fact.. St E's has roster up..... only 23 players on roster though ? hopefully they will be adding more. I also noticed they have Caravel back on their schedule starting next year so that is good
They had 16 freshmen on last years varsity roster, but only 7 sophomores listed on this years. Hopefully some more kids will join up now that classes have begun.

When we looked at it yesterday they must have been in the process of updating.. St E's has 29 now (9 sophs) and Jones is there

Last edited:
Trust me they got a few transfers. A student from St Marks started today. Waiver at DIAA currently.

They had 16 freshmen on last years varsity roster, but only 7 sophomores listed on this years. Hopefully some more kids will join up now that classes have begun.
The roster is wrong. I've been watching practices ad counted 32.

It’s so funny how things have changed. Talk like this was never happening up there before. What has changed?

The times man the times... To be honest DIAA should just stop wasting time on these waiver hearings. You can transfer going into your Jr year now so why stop there. They approve the SR transfers anyway. Besides if taken to task legally they would lose as proven in other states. If the kid is legally enrolled in the school they should play. Forget about the waivers and focus illegal recruiting and offering inducements to make sure poaching isn't happening but as far as kids transferring, so be it, its their right to school where they want It's not like its not the same everywhere and not just DE..

Last edited:
The times man the times... To be honest DIAA should just stop wasting time on these waiver hearings. You can transfer going into you Jr year now so why stop there. They approve the SR transfers anyway. Beside if taken to task legally they would lose as proven in other states. If the kids is legally enrolled in the school they should play. Forget about the waivers and focus illegal recruiting and offering inducements to make sure poaching isn't happening but as far as kids transferring, so be it, its their right to school where they want It's not like its not the same everywhere and not just DE..
I am assuming all of the private schools require each parent to submit some type of financial aid form, which includes their tax information. I am not sure if the info is available but that would answer some questions about the amount of aid given to each student.
I really struggle with this subject. On one hand, it offers a great opportunity to a student/family to experience a different school environment. But on the other hand you wonder if it really is done with the best intention of the student.

As far as recruiting, the privates have always recruited students. They do not have a feeder pattern. Now with school choice, every school has to do some type of recruiting.

I know this is an outlier, but I remember the one time walking through the halls at Sanford School and seeing laptops, ipads, and purses on the ground and tables with no one around. It left quite an impression on me. I am not sure I would do that in my own home! Haha

Most of the privates use an outside source to determine aide. Works very much like FAFSA for college. They will give a percentage or amount they feel the student can pay per year. They have to be re submitted each year.

Depending on what the school has available for financial aide determines how it gets dibied out. Most schools under their financial aide section of their website list the amount they give and what percentage of applicants receive aide.

for example

Sallies

Academic Scholarships
Over $500,000 was awarded for academic scholarships this school year. Academic scholarships are awarded to eighth grade students based on their performance on the entrance exam. Applicants who have the highest national percentile composite score at the December testing are eligible for a scholarship. These awards are renewable each year. Each student awarded an academic scholarship must maintain a quarterly GPA of at least 3.00 and not be placed on disciplinary probation for any reason.

Financial Aid
Financial Aid is based solely on demonstrated need. Any family who feels unable to afford the full cost of tuition is encouraged to apply for financial aid. Typically, 80% of the students who apply for financial aid receive it. Over $1 million was granted in financial aid for this school year.

Financial aid applications are processed via School and Student Services (SSS), a service of the National Association of Independent Schools. SSS generates an estimated amount each family can contribute to educational expenses based on the financial information provided. This ensures fair and objective financial aid decisions.

another example St Andrews ( because they have a huge tuition)

Full Tuition for 2018-2019
$60,470

Percent of Student Body
Receiving Grants 50%

Average Grant $44,808

Total Financial Aid Granted $6,253,668

St Marks

TUITION & OTHER EXPENSES
2018 - 2019 Tuition - $13,500

*There is a $1,000 deposit due upon registration, of which $700 is applied to tuition, $100 to testing fees and $200 for registration fees.

Uniforms - $250 - $350

Educational Resources - $360

Other Fees - All incoming students are required to independently purchase an iPad Pro or better with at least 32 GB of memory

Optional Bus transportation - $1,000 for morning only bus service (no cost for Avon Grove and Kennett Consolidated school district residents using district transportation)

Saint Mark's provides in excess of $1,000,000 in need-based financial aid and grants every year. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will be conducting the financial need analysis for Saint Mark’s for the upcoming school year.

If your student is interested in obtaining Financial Aid, they will need to apply through FACTS Management.

I am actually kind of shocked at St M with 1mil plus. Based on their enrollment your pretty much damn near 100%

St E's has a assistance program subsidized through the Diocese of Wilmington but its only for k-8. Vision for the Future program.

The HS has aide ranging from 500 to 5850 (half tuition) that comes from St E's financial aide budget. Aide Budget not listed

Caravel is a completely private institution and not required to list budgets etc.. but from my experience they have so much available for aide and they dibbie it out through their qualifying process. typically its no more than 10 to 15% They don't have any where near what the Catholic schools have.. Using estimated data somewhere around 200k for high school I could be off some though

Last edited:
Caravel is a completely private institution and not required to list budgets etc.. but from my experience they have so much available for aide and they dibbie it out through their qualifying process. typically its no more than 10 to 15% They don't have any where near what the Catholic schools have.. Using estimated data somewhere around 200k for high school I could be off some though
"Qualifying process" - hahaha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT