Who wins

• William Penn

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Sals

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 30, 2014
Thoughts on this upcoming battle? There's a lot at stake here, not just for these 2 teams but for the D1 playoff picture...

I think William Penn has the edge in this game they are just stronger up front and their defense is tough best in the state . Im still holding to my prediction from yesterday Penn by 14 it could be by even more .

Sallies can match up physically with Penn not sure what Sallies team you have been watching. Both defenses are good. Penn has more team speed and weapons on O. Penn wins but it's going to be 7 or less.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
I think it will be low scoring... Bothe teams are good in trenches. I do feel Wp Def is better then Sallies. So in late O

I think it will be low scoring... Bothe teams are good in trenches. I do feel Wp Def is better then Sallies. So in late October and in November I feel Def win games. Penn in a close Classic Wp vs. Sallies Game. But looking at the weather 55 Sunny Saturday... Good luck to both great teams..

Fan I have been watching Sallies all year I know who they are and who they have . Talk to me Saturday after the game and then tell me they can match up with Penn's front 4 . They arent playing Smyrna everyone on that front O line is a possible allstater dont kid yourself . So as I said Penn by 14

Reactions: spartakos
I think Penn will win but I think you are mistaken if you think you are going to just line up and run them over. Sallies front is no slouch. They can and will match up with Penn's front 4.

I hate comparing common opponents but I will anyway (only thing to really go on). Penn beat Middletown by 6, Sallies beat Middletown by 14. Both teams had struggles against a very good Middletown defense. Penn beat Concord by 27, Sallies beat Concord by 26. Pretty even I would say. I'm not bringing up Smyrna. That was a scrimmage for Penn which is basically a practice and we all know what the score of the Sallies vs. Smyrna game was.

Penn is playing better right now and is probably a bit healthier. I like how Penn can beat you in different ways offensively. Sallies is very dependent on Reeder. Both defenses are good. Besides Smyrna, Sallies has shutdown everyone they have played. CR scored 20 but that game was over early. I do believe Penn has the best defense in the state.

Penn 20-14

Wow Gone Country....thats a little bold of a prediction. 27-7 Penn. YIKES.

DefenseRest...just curious what you think the final score will be. I know you said Penn by 14, but not sure i saw your final score prediction. Even though some people might be shocked by your prediction...i'm thinking 14 pts isn't a lot in HS football really. For example, game could be tied going into 4th Qtr. Awesome back and forth game. Penn go down and score with minutes left to go up by 7. Sallies go down the field, maybe get stopped on 4th and goal. Penn scores a final time as the clock runs out. 14 pt deficit. Yet very close game.

So i was curious about your score thoughts. if you think 14-0 or 21-7 Penn will be the final, thats really telling that you think Sallies can't score at all or barely. Or are you thinking 42-28 which could be more of a shootout.

I'm routing for Penn, but i'm thinking this game could go either way...especially if Reeder is 100%. I do think Penn is at least a little better overall on offense and defense, so i would favor Penn by a score...24-17. But i wouldn't be surprised if its Sallies 24-17. I would be shocked if either team wins by more than 2 scores.

I think their Offenses are pretty even overall, even though Penn has more weapons. There's a big difference in their Defenses. Penn is a lot faster on Defense and probably a little bigger. That's going to be the difference. Sallies is facing a big, strong, physical team with Smyrna type speed. I don't think Sallies can keep up, although lets see who brings the intensity.

Gotta agree with you on this one, with a hurt reeder and with his case of fumbleitis it could go downhill for the Sals real quick

Oldskool.......that is probably a little inflated but I see WP defense holding Sals to a single TD and believe there will be a special teams TD from WP. Plus any "top" team playing at "home" warrants a 7pt spread advantage before kickoff. This is how I came up with the additional TD making it a 27-7 prediction. It certainly makes for good conversation and everyone is excited to see these 2 teams play.

Oldschool my prediction Penn by 14 with a final score of 28-14 I think it will be a Sallies 4th qtr late TD to make it 14 .

D-rest.....all year long I have predicted Sals as #1 and win it all. But after last weeks game vs Dover and getting some very good info from WP and I have seen both play at least 3 times......I am really starting to lean heavily to WP. For almost all the reasons you and most on here are stating.
Gotta give me a few days as some important intel will be coming to me.

This I know- nothing comes easy at that stadium for the visitor when WP fields even a decent squad and this team is far better than good! I think we all agree by now these 2 teams are 1 and 2, if Sals are gonna win it will be on the back of Reeder. If WP is gonna win-they can hurt teams from all over the field......prediction to come later in the week!

Reactions: DEFENSEREST
..prediction to come later in the week![/QUOTE]

Kant wait bizness good all week!
See ya bhind da Dairy Palass look fo da fresh yellow paint...WP 35 - SALS 17

..prediction to come later in the week!

Kant wait bizness good all week!
See ya bhind da Dairy Palass look fo da fresh yellow paint...WP 35 - SALS 17[/QUOTE]

What the F#$!......now we got BRB back (or is it on her back)
....Bummy is back, whose next...Dukieee??

Bummy is back. True, this is a game where Penn is the favorite but the Skowskys have a way of rising to the occasion. If this game was at Baynard it might be a toss up but this is at Bill Cole. I am sticking with Penn but I think it will be a 7-10 point game not a walkover.

Thank you Uncle Bummy for your insight. Here's my take...Last year Penn won 16-10. That was Penn's closest game of the year. That was against a pretty average Sal team (the final record showed it). It might have been even all the way had not spanking new arrival Marvell Watts not returned the second half kickoff. The Sals have been pointing for this game all season. This is a game that will come down IMO to made extra points and FG's. In any event, they meet again in three-four weeks.

Reactions: DEFENSEREST
After seeing the points Sallies gave up against Smyrna, how can anyone think this will be low scoring? Penn is every bit as fast as Smyrna, maybe not quite so unpredictable. I think there are going to be more points scored in this game than any Penn - Sallies game ever.

Taking a look back...what is your most memorable past WP vs Sals game?

I think I remember a playoff game back in the 80's at Baynard....score was like 6-5....cold/nasty day?

Reactions: runningman12001
@Jawnsky
80's ????
I thought you were a Clone in training...
You are a Clone!!
just saying of course

Sparty........I said it was 6-5 and cold/nasty.....I don't even remember who won....
....I was left there at the gates of the stadium as a baby. Evidently dropped on my head in the process....

319143_ori.jpg

Sparty........I said it was 6-5 and cold/nasty.....I don't even remember who won....
....I was left there at the gates of the stadium as a baby. Evidently dropped on my head in the process....

319143_ori.jpg
Penn won that 6-5 game, but lost the state title game next week to Seaford 20-13.

Reactions: Jawnsky
Oh I see Brad Myers is back on the Penn wagon !! Hardly writes anything about the #1 ranked team each week in the paper but covers other weak schools each week that nobody cares to read about now he is picking Penn lol nice job Myers no brainer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT