WP vs Sals

Who wins

• William Penn

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Sals

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This should be a great game! Big factor....Reeder's overall health, ankle??? WP has the speed and special weapons, Sals have Reeder, numerous other talents, which O-line will show up Saturday?

Consistency is the key word for this game. Which team can play consistent from whistle to whistle??

Reactions: Mobhits

Nice lead up article by Brad Myers. The drama builds. The old clones will have a sleepless night tonight. God forbid if the Slowskys and the Irish lose on the same day.

Wow Brad Meyers finally writing about the Colonials whats this week 8? Only reason they are getting any ink is because they are playing Salesianum other than that it would be like the last 7 weeks no ink for the ranked #1 team in the state . Just sayin !!!!!

The NJ Sports Dept is paper thin these days. Very few from around here. Hell; Myers is from Arkansas. Paper used to have great H.S.coverage with Buddy and Matt Zabitka with in depth stories throughout the season.

Almost all the intel is in.....still waiting on 1 scout......so far feedback is that my pre season top ranked Sals may stumble....stay tuned!

One thing for damn sure......
WP vs Sals.....
@ The Cole
Halloween
.....strangeness brewing

Reactions: DEFENSEREST
I thought the Sals looked lethargic against Dover. The Reeder fumbles didn't help. Sals will have to be much better for a shot against Penn. Penn 21 Sals 14

Bummy called and all info is now in!

Sals hold a slight edge in this storied rivalry that has produced some of DE HS FB greatest games, Sals are 22-18-2 vs WP all time BUT Sals took the series lead with 8 straight wins all the while smacking WP around while they were down. Not too many Delaware teams had the Sals # before the Sals went on their run! Now WP has their own streak going and they have not lost at THE COLE in over 2 years!

Break down:
QB-WP
RB-SALS
WR-WP
TE-WP
OL-WP
DL-SALS
LB-WP
DB-EVEN
SKILLS-WP
SPEC TEAMS-WP
SWAG-WP
HEAD COACH-SALS
OC-WP
DC-WP
HEALTH-WP
What does all this mean......WP will knock off my preseason #1 Salesianum and it is going to be nasty and expect a lot of flags. Reeder will get his points/yards as that is the only way the Broom St. Bullies can possibly win. But he would need a Jim Thorpe like performance (Chesdel) for this to happen......I expect WP to get TD's from every aspect of the game-special teams/defense and at least 2-3 on O.......Sals will get no help from their special teams and maybe 1 from their D.......

WP - 34
SALS-20

The Cherry and Black remain unbeaten

Reactions: DEFENSEREST
Jawnsky fell for the Defenserest's hype.. truth be told I kind of did also.. :mad:

WP is not as explosive as last years team.. Just my humble opinion..

I think Smyrna smokes them even with all their starters playing.. They aren't disciplined enough on D to handle the Eagles offense.. again just an opinion

I wouldn't be so quick to write off Penn. They have a good team and today wasn't their best showing . Give Sallies credit though. They were much better up front than anyone gave them credit for . Wouldn't be suprised to see a rematch in the Finals.

This was without a doubt the Sals best game of the year. They played with few penalties and executed well. The 6 minute opening drive set the tone. They got no points from it but it told them Penn could be run on. The offensive line opened up huge holes for Jerome and Reeder all day. I didn't see the rushing stats but I wager it was the most Penn surrendered in many a game. These teams will meet again in a few weeks IMO.

Sallies dominated the line of scrimmage all day. Cathers stood out as the best lineman on the field. I think Penn was keying on Reeder which really set things up for a big day running for Jerome...Getting yards running into 5 and 6 man defensive lines.....offensive line looked strong today,

Sallies dominated the line of scrimmage all day. Cathers stood out as the best lineman on the field. I think Penn was keying on Reeder which really set things up for a big day running for Jerome...Getting yards running into 5 and 6 man defensive lines.....offensive line looked strong today,
Now that was impressive. The Offensive line woke up this morning thinking they were the 1961 Packers.
#31 set the table for #28.
The Sals fans can be skeptics. Today, these guys showed us something.....

I give credit where credit is due and today the Sals O line beat Penn's . Penn just didn't bring their "A" game today . Look forward to a possible rematch in the upcoming weeks .

Reactions: runningman12001
Now that was impressive. The Offensive line woke up this morning thinking they were the 1961 Packers.
#31 set the table for #28.
The Sals fans can be skeptics. Today, these guys showed us something.....
The Sals' backs were impressive. Reeder is in a class by himself. He may be the best in the state on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: 1superfan
That game was pretty telling. WP Line was pushed around and the defense was undisciplined. Huge holes in the middle of the WP Defense. When Reeder got to the second level WP safety looked confused and wanted no part of him. Penn OC had nothing. Seemed like the same failed plays over and over. Amichi could have beat his defender all day, but either the OC didn't notice or the QB couldn't get him the ball. Whoever was blocking 92 was a ghost because he was all over the place and looked untouched. No second level blocking, Sallies LBs were free all day. I can't tell you if this was bad prep or just an over matched team, but that team WP put out there Sat can't beat Smyrna.

I will be the first to say, I crapped the bed on the pick and chose to go against my preseason #1 predicted D1 title winner. RR is correct the hype got to me and I also let the game vs Dover sway my pick way too much......I am really hyped about some of the playoff rematch possibilities....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT