ADVERTISEMENT

your best guess at the All-State Teams....

EducatedEye

D1A Prospect
Jan 22, 2004
here's mine:

1st Team
Nah'shon Hyland (POY)
Jyare Davis
Fahmir Ali
Elijah Allen
Eden Davis

2nd Team
Mark Bradshaw
Shaft Clark
Nnanna Njoku
Brandon Sengphachanh
Jyheim Spencer

3rd Team
Corey Perkins
Joe Hodges
Kaheim Kimbrough-Roach
Eric Ludman
Darnell Vaughan

Reactions: desports13
here's mine:

1st Team
Nah'shon Hyland (POY)
Jyare Davis
Fahmir Ali
Elijah Allen
Eden Davis

2nd Team
Mark Bradshaw
Shaft Clark
Nnanna Njoku
Brandon Sengphachanh
Jyheim Spencer

3rd Team
Corey Perkins
Joe Hodges
Kaheim Kimbrough-Roach
Eric Ludman
Darnell Vaughan

others that wouldn't surpise me if honored:

Jah'Keish Demby
Kareem Ewell
Jamir Dantley
Jack Brown
Kevin Keister
Jack Hardcastle
Hassan Perkins
Ricky Deadwyler
Skylar Johnson
Nahshon Sylvester
Peran Gyan

1. Bones (POY)
2. Jyaire Davis
3. Elijah Allen
4. Eden Davis
5. Fahmir Ali

2nd team
1. Nana
2. Corey Perkins
3. Bradshaw
4. Jaheim Spencer
5. Sengphacanh

3rd team
1. Shaft
2. Skylar Johnson
3. Darnell Vaughn
4. Jah'Keish Demby
5. Kimbrough Roach
6. Hassan Perkins

1st team should take 6. Nana should be 1st team.

@84rider he didn't separate himself enough. He has 1st team written all over him but he just didn't do enough against other quality opponents. Anything higher would be bc he is a Sr. That is why 1st team needs to take 6 lol.

I agree with your first team, I would of swapped Sengp and Clark

I agree with your first team, I would of swapped Sengp and Clark
idk about that Sengp lead a caravel team that no one expected to go far to the final four he is deserving of second team, I agree clark should be second team tho, i would put him there over perkins

Reactions: FootballguyDE
idk about that Sengp lead a caravel team that no one expected to go far to the final four he is deserving of second team, I agree clark should be second team tho, i would put him there over perkins
Caravel's Kiester was the one who kept that team in the playoffs, although I will say that Brandon was the leader of the team.

So you guys saying that the team that lost in the Championship should have more players on 1st team than the team who won the Championship?

Reactions: jvm3
1st team:
(POY Bones)
Jyaire Davis
Eden Davis
Nana
Ali

2nd team:
Elijah Allen
Mark Bradshaw
Brandon Sengphachanh
Shaft Clark
Jaheim Spencer

3rd team:
C. Perkins
Roach
Vaughan
Keister
H. Perkins

From the games I saw, Spencer has a bigger impact in big games than Nana.

I agree, and I don't think it's close. Saw both teams 4-5 times. Was never once impressed with nana. He can dunk and get a few boards, block here and there. but he's also 6'9 230 or whatever. He's a grown man. Never saw him as a force other than by appearance. Spencer literally erases 20 points/game from teams. Saw him twice in double digit block efforts. That's not including shots altered or not taken because of his presence

I agree, and I don't think it's close. Saw both teams 4-5 times. Was never once impressed with nana. He can dunk and get a few boards, block here and there. but he's also 6'9 230 or whatever. He's a grown man. Never saw him as a force other than by appearance. Spencer literally erases 20 points/game from teams. Saw him twice in double digit block efforts. That's not including shots altered or not taken because of his presence

Hyperbole. I’ll take Njoku all day every day.

Hyperbole. I’ll take Njoku all day every day.
I think the key here is a DE high school game in one hand & next level in the other hand. Njoku has crazy size, gotten the exposure & is obviously a bigger prospect at this point obviously by his big D1 offers...BUT if we are talking about a DE high school basketball game then give me Spencer right now all day every day. He has the bigger impact on our high school games here in DE & the gap on defense alone between him & Njoku is too big for me. Now if Njoku was just unstoppable on offense & putting up like 20 & 15 then that would be a different story but he doesn’t dominate enough on offense to have me take him over Spencer. Not too many people even knew who Spencer was before this season including myself but I think after this year & playing well at The Bob that he may begin to get some looks. I don’t know who he plays AAU with but hopefully he works on his offensive game & gets stronger...he reminds me of those raw talent kids with high ceilings that have yet to reach their ceiling.

I think the key here is a DE high school game in one hand & next level in the other hand. Njoku has crazy size, gotten the exposure & is obviously a bigger prospect at this point obviously by his big D1 offers...BUT if we are talking about a DE high school basketball game then give me Spencer right now all day every day. He has the bigger impact on our high school games here in DE & the gap on defense alone between him & Njoku is too big for me. Now if Njoku was just unstoppable on offense & putting up like 20 & 15 then that would be a different story but he doesn’t dominate enough on offense to have me take him over Spencer. Not too many people even knew who Spencer was before this season including myself but I think after this year & playing well at The Bob that he may begin to get some looks. I don’t know who he plus AAU with but hopefully he works on his offensive game & gets stronger...he reminds me of those raw talent kids with high ceilings that have yet to reach their ceiling.
Njoku will never dominate on offense .. Doesn't get enough touches.. He is playing with Davis and Perkins boys..

Njoku will never dominate on offense .. Doesn't get enough touches.. He is playing with Davis and Perkins boys..
@Downstate4, Oh I get that & even if Spencer was better offensively he will never dominate on offense because he is playing w/ Davis & Allen. So my thing is when you cancel out their offense Spencer leaves his mark on the game more to me is all I’m saying. He gets just as many rebounds & his shot-blocking is unmatched...I haven’t seen a better shot-blocker than him in DE that I can remember at the moment.

Last edited:
I tried to tell you guys about Spencer at mid-season and you guys shot me down bad. His game definitely improved significantly as the season progressed. If he were to get a trainer working with him on his offense during the off season, he would be a major threat next year! Not just AAU, but a qualified trainer who would work on his low post foot work, mid range (he has the ability to knock down that shot...pretty good form), and his dribbling (he handles the ball well for a big guy but has the potential to handle it like a guard)

Reactions: handsdownmandown
At the next level he's a face the basket wing. The kid is athletic enough to have success off the bounce if he puts in the work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT