ADVERTISEMENT

All-State ?

All state voting sheets have already been sent out to coaches. Voting is already done. The votes get tallied up after the championship game. Results should be made public by next week.

Last edited:
Should be quite of few returning All-Staters............. Is there anyone out there new that killed it in 2017???
Peace from Dover sure made a case, but RB group is loaded. If I had to take a guess for offensive skill players here are some of the top candidates I saw this year:

QB: Fry (MT), Wilson (SMY), Haynes (WB), Jones (AI)

RB: Knight (SMY), Whitehead (MT), Roberts (CONC), Peace (DOV), Allene (DMA), Bowman (MILF), Dennard (DELM)

FB: Parker (DELM), Kane (WB)

WR: Roberts (SMY), Brewer (WB), AI #6, who else? Maybe Wescott (WB)?

TE: Bowman (HOW), John (HOW), who else?

Some solid offensive skill names to get it started

I would be surprised if Wilson makes all state after getting snubbed for all conference. I think he’s deserving of something but I don’t know how that happens when he didn’t get recognized for all conference.

Although the non-henlopen coaches did the right thing and voted Henderson 1st team all state after the Hen North douchebags voted him 2nd team all conference because they were butt-hurt from getting smoked all year. That was so ridiculous. What a bunch of chickenshit babies

Wilson”s numbers don’t dictate it. Less than 50 % completion percentage 1700 and some yards in that offense. When Henderson had twice that? 12 TDS to 12 Picks? When Henderson dwarfs those numbers and so does Fry. Hey I said Wilson improved this year but that was abysmal to average for high school. Not hating just keeping it real.

Wilson”s numbers don’t dictate it. Less than 50 % completion percentage 1700 and some yards in that offense. When Henderson had twice that? 12 TDS to 12 Picks? When Henderson dwarfs those numbers and so does Fry. Hey I said Wilson improved this year but that was abysmal to average for high school. Not hating just keeping it real.

I don’t think Fry had that many more passing yards

But yeah- he’s definitely not as good as Fry, who you have a weird crush on.

He was probably deserving of something all conference at least though.

I don’t think Fry had that many more passing yards

But yeah- he’s definitely not as good as Fry, who you have a weird crush on.

He was probably deserving of something all conference at least though.

I don't have the exact numbers, but Fry definitely had over 20 TD passes and maybe 4 or 5 picks at most. He also a handful of rushing TD's. His numbers and efficiency are not comparable. His numbers would also be much higher but many games were decided by halftime and the passing game was not needed or he was out of the game with the running clock.

Reactions: CHS89 and Bucsnot
I don't have the exact numbers, but Fry definitely had over 20 TD passes and maybe 4 or 5 picks at most. He also a handful of rushing TD's. His numbers and efficiency are not comparable. His numbers would also be much higher but many games were decided by halftime and the passing game was not needed or he was out of the game with the running clock.

IMO...If these are Fry’s true numbers he deserves 1st team. If not he truly deserves maybe 2nd team with Jones from AI getting 1st but he is getting 1st unless coaches revolt and coerce to vote for someone else. Then which ever was better between Poly’s QB, Wilson or Gwynn from Sallies.

Fry enters the title game with just over 1500 yards, 19 pass TD and 5 picks. He also ran for 300 yards and 7 TD's.

Peace from Dover sure made a case, but RB group is loaded. If I had to take a guess for offensive skill players here are some of the top candidates I saw this year:

RB: Knight (SMY), Whitehead (MT), Roberts (CONC), Peace (DOV), Allene (DMA), Bowman (MILF), Dennard (DELM)

Kenny Edelin of MT will be a 1st team WR.

Ummmmmm, Wilson has over 2000+ yards

Fry - 1393 YDS 17 TDs 5 INT/ 45 Rushes 305 YDS 7 TDs
Whitehead - 118 Rushes 1254 YDS 14 TDs

2017 Division 1 Leading WR's

Kenny Edelin - 34 Receptions 584 YDS 6 TDs

Nicky Johnson - 29 Receptions 406 YDS 8 TDs

Raymond Mapp - 33 Receptions, 620 yards, 6 TDs

Emon Roberts - 36 Receptions, 685yds 5TDs

Tucker Reed - 45 Receptions, 846yds 6TDs

Knight is so far ahead of the other players... Nothing really to talk about on the offensive side of the ball..Player of the year and offensive player of the year...

Reactions: ravensrooster2
So , if you are going strictly by the numbers , then Fry should have been 1st team last year. He had better stats than Henderson.

Why no mention of Chad Jones AI?

2361 yds 236 per game 143 of 246 58% 26 TD's 6 ints QB rating 115.6

Wilsons stats

1712 yds 155 per game 107 for 221 48% 12 tds 12 ints QB rating 70.2

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/football/offense,passing/delaware/stat-leaders.htm

Middletown doesn't post stats so Swagdog if full of horse puckey with his MT stats . He just trolling to pump up his guy

Lets compare these stats with Hendersons

Sr yr

2317 yds 121 of 196 61% 32 TDs 5 ints QB rating 131.7

Jr yr

3297 yds 179 of 286 66% 36 TDS 9 ints QB rating 134.6

* keeping in mind Smyrna doesnt pull their starters in blow outs and keeps running their O

I would vote Fry, Jones, and either Gwynn, Hasenpfeffer or Wilson as HM..

Numbers aside I think Wilson got snubbed for all conference because he was a in state Sr transfer and the old guard don't like that .. Not sure how that will play for All-State.. I would think if they didn't have a problem with Pack which was a much shadier situation then they shouldn't have a problem with Wilson

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
In all honesty, the best way of predicting All-State, is to look at the 1st Team All-Conference list from each conference. It's very rare for someone to get anything All-State unless they were 1st Team All-Conference. Usually, if a player was not voted 1st Team All-Conference, they won't get anything All-State.

When the coaches are filling out their forms for All-State, they are looking at the 1st Team All-Conference list. Once they vote for the Big Name Players and the players they know by playing against them, they fill the rest in off of that list of 1st Team All-Conference players (Usually in the order of how they are listed by position, because that tells how many votes they received in the All-Conference voting).

Most importantly, the players from the best teams get the nod for the extra spots. For example, most lineman. You don't hear much about lineman, so the big name school programs usually get these on a blind vote of coaches not even knowing who they are or ever seeing them play.

Last edited:

Wilsons stats

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/football/offense,passing/delaware/stat-leaders.htm

Middletown doesn't post stats so Swagdog if full of horse puckey with his MT stats . He just trolling to pump up his guy

Sr yr

Jr yr

* keeping in mind Smyrna doesnt pull their starters in blow outs and keeps running their O
" keeping in mind Smyrna doesnt pull their starters in blow outs and keeps running their O"
Keeping in mind that this has been greatly exaggerated, and to present it as fact is, for lack of a better phrase, "fake news". Henderson and Knight have spent many quarters with pads off or just chilling. In fact, Mr. Henderson has previously documented how often Nolan was out of the game. Please stop perpetuating this myth. It's simple not true for MOST of the games played by Smyrna over the past three years.

Last edited:
Reactions: DENative
" keeping in mind Smyrna doesnt pull their starters in blow outs and keeps running their O"
Keeping in mind that this has been greatly exaggerated, and to present it as fact is, for lack of a better phrase, "fake news". Henderson and Knight have spent many quarters with pads off or just chilling. In fact, Mr. Henderson has previously documented how often Nolan was out of the game. Please stop perpetuating this myth. It's simple not true for MOST of the games played by Smyrna over the past three years.

Well its true for every game I have seen and from what I know when Marks was at Red Lion as well..... not that there is anything wrong with that

Zach Gwynn at QB maybe?

I would vote Fry, Jones, and either Gwynn, Hasenpfeffer or Wilson as HM..

Numbers aside I think Wilson got snubbed for all conference because he was a in state Sr transfer and the old guard don't like that .. Not sure how that will play for All-State.. I would think if they didn't have a problem with Pack which was a much shadier situation then they shouldn't have a problem with Wilson
From an objective standpoint, Wilson did not have a good season. I'm surprised that there's any discussion of all-state.

From an objective standpoint, Wilson did not have a good season. I'm surprised that there's any discussion of all-state.

ehh 50% and 1700 yards is decent for high school but not in that offense..so I agree all-state may be a stretch but he may get votes for the team he is on.. I bet he gets some votes from above the canal

Wilsons stats

Sr yr

Jr yr

Actually tough guy, these were the stats given at All-Conference voting, so they are off one game for Middletown vs WP.............smh

Wilsons stats

Sr yr

Jr yr

Also, if you read the top I was just giving D1 Stats because we were talking about D1........smh

Wilsons stats

Sr yr

Jr yr

And just curious, who is "my guy?"

Actually tough guy, these were the stats given at All-Conference voting, so they are off one game for Middletown vs WP.............smh

What’s with the “tough guy” “big guy stuff? what are you Bugsy Malone? I didn't realize there was an all conference meeting where they exchanged stats and voted. If so how is a former CA student and former Dad of a CA student privy to these stats? Are you a Blue Hen North coach? doubt it.. I think your full of baloney

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT