ADVERTISEMENT

Found this,, Nice preview of the match-ups for the big one

From what I have seen this year and on this film... I would conclude Drew Fry is the best "passer" in the state,, Nolan runs his offense well and does whats asked of him.. Get the ball in the play makers hands quickly.. Drew has a strong arm, quick release and fluid delivery also is accurate..Nolan is a bit unorthadox but just finds a way to get the ball there.. side arm whatever like a short stop playing QB.. Nothing wrong with that he is getting the job done. I also just recently found out Drew has a pedigree as his Dad is Dale Fry one of the better QB's to come through UD

Henderson has instincts that can't be taught. I have never seen a DE HS QB throw on the run as good as he did last year.

Last edited:
Crazy brain freeze. Nolan Richardson was the coach of the Arkansas basketball team 20 years ago. Nolan Henderson is special.
He throws ok on the run.. not the best balls but they get there.. He is a good athlete and makes plays happen..not knocking him at all.. not sure I would call him the best passer on the run in HS I have seen but he gets the job done

I realize the statement was somewhat hyperbolic.
Darius Wade was special and so was Ben Williams.
I wonder if young Fry is a pitcher.

I realize the statement was somewhat hyperbolic.
Darius Wade was special and so was Ben Williams.
I wonder if young Fry is a pitcher.
I would guess not.. His motion isn't of a pitcher or baseball player playing QB. Based on his mechanics I would guess not (but I dont know) he looks like he has been groomed for the position along time. Henderson is a baseball player and as a former shortshop/pitcher/QB I know the differences and transition from the two sports.. I was more like Henderson as a QB just found a way to get the ball there but could play on the run as well.

@ RR. Nice preview?? Anyone who has any knowledge of Eagles' football would recognize that they closed their playbook halfway through this contest. YJM touched on it in previous posts.
For what it's worth, Nolan only pitches on an as needed basis which was 1inn last year.
You are right about one thing, the MT/Smy matchup should be epic.

From what I have seen this year and on this film... I would conclude Drew Fry is the best "passer" in the state,, Nolan runs his offense well and does whats asked of him.. Get the ball in the play makers hands quickly.. Drew has a strong arm, quick release and fluid delivery also is accurate..Nolan is a bit unorthadox but just finds a way to get the ball there.. side arm whatever like a short stop playing QB.. Nothing wrong with that he is getting the job done. I also just recently found out Drew has a pedigree as his Dad is Dale Fry one of the better QB's to come through UD

RR- was at that scrimmage.....most intense scrimmage I have ever witnessed-playoff like atmosphere. stands packed (especially Smyrna's side.)
Fry the real deal but so is Smyrna.
Barring unseen circumstances we will see the #1 offense vs the Best D in the title game and you will want to be there for it. All that said- the one thing that I also observed was the number of penalties/personal fouls and that will have to be managed better (especially by the Cavs).Its great to play on that edge but you do not want to help the Eagles in anyway.
I give the edge to Smyrna solely based on the number of weapons and ways they can hurt you.

@ RR. Nice preview?? Anyone who has any knowledge of Eagles' football would recognize that they closed their playbook halfway through this contest. YJM touched on it in previous posts.
For what it's worth, Nolan only pitches on an as needed basis which was 1inn last year.

Was talking more so about the field level view .. You can get a good close up of the individual match ups..

I would love to see Fry and Henderson's stats along side of Glasgow's Wilson. Although Glasgow is D2.......... Still want to see. All three have been blowing everyone out.

Don't have all of Nolan's stats on me but know he has 23TD/1INT and one rushing TD this season. Believe he's at 63% with btwn 1400-1500 yds passing. Found out days after ST game that he scored his 100th career TD(88pass/12rush) that night(excuse my proud parent moment).
However, Drew is an awesome QB and will top Nolan's stats imo. Nolan has sat about 7qtrs this year, 13 last year. I don't foresee Drew coming off the field as much or having the running game of Knight/Brown to rely on.

Middletown doesn't post their stats so we will never know.. Smyrna has them on Maxpreps.. Glasgow doesn't post them either

Nolans

1363 yrds 227.2 yrds per game 65 for 102 .637 22 tds 1int 142.8 qbr
165 yrds rushing 1 rushing TD and no fumbles lost this year

Last edited:
That sack stat is definitely incorrect. Wish that was the case but it's not.

Last edited:
I know JV doesn't count but Fry threw 35+TD passes in 9 games last year as a freshman. He could've played Varsity last year for sure. If he had played 4 years of Varsity football I'm sure he would break every record there is. Nolan might do it in 2+ years. Darius Wade did start all 4 years. Wonder what his career stats are and if he holds any records.

515x786

Ben Williams R.I.P.

....and I am not overly curious on the stat stuff.
Tell us about Ben Williams...I'm ignorant and never heard of him. Awesome fro though!

You are not ignorant. You are young. Ben was the QB for the first state champions in the tournament era. That would be Wilmington High School in 1971. Williams was a mobile QB who threw with good accuracy. Like most teams back then WHS may have thrown the ball 10-12 times a game.

Williams was first team all state and won a scholarship to West Virginia. Ben had some great moments at West Virginia but Bobby Bowden eventually replaced him with a kid named Kendra like in his JR year.

If Ben Williams came along today he would have been recruited to the max. Back then he was under recruited.

That WHS team was very talented. They kind of came out of nowhere. People were expecting Conrad or Newark to win flight A. I believe the 2nd game of the year WHS lost at Newark. Then they just beat everybody. The Big game was @ Mt Pleasant like the 8th game of the year. The Devils ran them out of the stadium.

I believe in the tournament they handily beat an undefeated Dover then Middletown in the title,game at UD.
That was 45 years ago. Is this the history channel ?

Reactions: DENative

Fully expect MT closed their playbook too.

Should be a great game

Middletown doesn't post their stats so we will never know.. Smyrna has them on Maxpreps.. Glasgow doesn't post them either

Nolans

1363 yrds 227.2 yrds per game 65 for 102 .637 22 tds 1int 142.8 qbr
165 yrds rushing 1 rushing TD and no fumbles lost this year
Fry stats (7 games): 90-143 for 1677 yards
25 TD's 6 INT

He throws ok on the run.. not the best balls but they get there.. He is a good athlete and makes plays happen..not knocking him at all.. not sure I would call him the best passer on the run in HS I have seen but he gets the job done
Well Share who is the best YOU seen?????

Well Share who is the best YOU seen?????
I have seen a lot of HS games from across the country over the years and seen a lot of very good QB's but don't feel like making that list.. If your referring to just DE I have only been here a short time but of the ones I have seen at this point I would go with Wade

I have seen a lot of HS games from across the country over the years and seen a lot of very good QB's but don't feel like making that list.. If your referring to just DE I have only been here a short time but of the ones I have seen at this point I would go with Wade
You know so much yoiu should just get yoiur own team and run it or hell better yet go to the college or NFL Ranks your always picking at these higfh school teams. And if your don't think the kid from Smyrna is the #1 thrower your mistaken. Stats for 2 years in a row..... He may not be who you like but numbers are numbers...1st Team All Stat returner as well....

You know so much yoiu should just get yoiur own team and run it or hell better yet go to the college or NFL Ranks your always picking at these higfh school teams. And if your don't think the kid from Smyrna is the #1 thrower your mistaken. Stats for 2 years in a row..... He may not be who you like but numbers are numbers...1st Team All Stat returner as well....

WTF is your problem? Sorry my opinion differs from yours. Stats arent everything as some offenses pump QB's numbers. What would Wades stats look like if he played in Smyrna's system? I look at the whole picture for one and two just because I like one player better doesnt mean I dont like the other.. It could be a very minute difference and then its only an opinion.. but hey everyone is great and awesome.. everyone is special.. share the wealth.. Its ridiculous to me someone can't give an opinion or even be critical without someone else getting offended... weak ass minded people we have become.. welcome to Communist America 2016

FYI as far as me thinking I know so much.. I Don't you made that shit up in you own head

WTF is your problem? Sorry my opinion differs from yours. Stats arent everything as some offenses pump QB's numbers. What would Wades stats look like if he played in Smyrna's system? I look at the whole picture for one and two just because I like one player better doesnt mean I dont like the other.. It could be a very minute difference and then its only an opinion.. but hey everyone is great and awesome.. everyone is special.. share the wealth.. Its ridiculous to me someone can't give an opinion or even be critical without someone else getting offended... weak ass minded people we have become.. welcome to Communist America 2016

FYI as far as me thinking I know so much.. I Don't you made that shit up in you own head
... I needed that lagubu

@rr
You do seem to spend a lot of time critiquing my son...then you get all defensive when someone critiques your critique of him. We get it...it's your opinion and everyone's else is a overly sensitive and/or a Communist when they disagree. You can say Dad's upset and spin this post all you want, but obviously random posters have defended my son, on more than one occasion...so my 'weak ass mind' felt the need to chime in.
Now, obviously, I'm not as astute when it comes to DE HS fball teams and talent as you are, but you always seem to dismiss some important points like how many quarters did Wade sit out in his Jr/Sr year compared to Nolan(at 18q) and how many D1 receivers has Nolan thrown to in his career which seems to come up when even MT faithful compare the two. What if Wade played for Smy's offense? What if Wade had D1 receivers on Smy's O? How many more TDs would Nolan have if he wasn't on the sidelines? Who cares? Is it something personal? Because it's starting to seem that way...or am I just being overly sensitive...again. Just so it's clear to you, I'm beginning to take it personally.

Now the latest is Fry vs. Henderson. I've said that in previous posts that Fry will have a better career...whatever that even means right now. He's a Soph starter and will have played in a lot more games in his HS career. That's great! Love the kid and family and hope he accomplishes every goal he sets for himself...but what's your point in all this? When Smy plays MT, it'll be about D...advantage MT. It's not Nolan vs. Drew.
Tell me how many times you've even watched Nolan play. Tell me what's different in his game this year compared to last...it's should be easy for someone with all your QB experience. Do you know that Nolan started his Soph season on the bench? We're just happy he got an opportunity to play and be in the position he's in...especially considering his D3 frame struggling to hold up all those pads.
If you ever get the chance, walk up and ask his coaches and teammates about him next time you come watch him...maybe then, you'll be a little more respectful discussing him on here.
If you have any questions, I attend all Smy games and sit on the 50.

@rr
You do seem to spend a lot of time critiquing my son...then you get all defensive when someone critiques your critique of him. We get it...it's your opinion and everyone's else is a overly sensitive and/or a Communist when they disagree. You can say Dad's upset and spin this post all you want, but obviously random posters have defended my son, on more than one occasion...so my 'weak ass mind' felt the need to chime in.
Now, obviously, I'm not as astute when it comes to DE HS fball teams and talent as you are, but you always seem to dismiss some important points like how many quarters did Wade sit out in his Jr/Sr year compared to Nolan(at 18q) and how many D1 receivers has Nolan thrown to in his career which seems to come up when even MT faithful compare the two. What if Wade played for Smy's offense? What if Wade had D1 receivers on Smy's O? How many more TDs would Nolan have if he wasn't on the sidelines? Who cares? Is it something personal? Because it's starting to seem that way...or am I just being overly sensitive...again. Just so it's clear to you, I'm beginning to take it personally.

Now the latest is Fry vs. Henderson. I've said that in previous posts that Fry will have a better career...whatever that even means right now. He's a Soph starter and will have played in a lot more games in his HS career. That's great! Love the kid and family and hope he accomplishes every goal he sets for himself...but what's your point in all this? When Smy plays MT, it'll be about D...advantage MT. It's not Nolan vs. Drew.
Tell me how many times you've even watched Nolan play. Tell me what's different in his game this year compared to last...it's should be easy for someone with all your QB experience. Do you know that Nolan started his Soph season on the bench? We're just happy he got an opportunity to play and be in the position he's in...especially considering his D3 frame struggling to hold up all those pads.
If you ever get the chance, walk up and ask his coaches and teammates about him next time you come watch him...maybe then, you'll be a little more respectful discussing him on here.
If you have any questions, I attend all Smy games and sit on the 50.

You are being an overly sensitive communist. You need to just realize he has nothing better to do than spend all his time on here acting like a professional Delaware high school football analyst. It distracts him from reality.

Reactions: DENative
I honestly hope we aren't on here saying who's better between Henderson and Fry. Fry is talented. He's a sophomore he has HUGE potential he shouldn't be compared to where the Henderson kid is. The kid is unbelievable it hurts me to say it I'm a Dover alumni and the kid is good. Don't know how the hell he does it especially with his size but he has heart and can ball. I respect it with winning one ring and I'm expecting he makes another run at another this year. To early to tell about Fry great arm he'll have his moment to be #1 but as long as Henderson is here he has to be #1.

@ RR I feel for you. People ask your opinion on this board more so than anyone else by far, then someone gets offended. It really is a no win. Don't let anyone discourage you, because I'm sure u know you can't please everyone. Just as your are allowed your opinion, so are the haters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT