ADVERTISEMENT

How does “recruiting” ACTUALLY work?

Does anyone if any of the Boards agendas for Middletown will be settled on Thursday or will they just discuss them and decide on a later date?

The waiver is the first main thing on the agenda so that will usually get resolved (after a lengthy executive session). The other MT things are "complaint letters" so who knows how they will handle it if at all. Also later in the agenda the quorum tends to be an issue and meeting may not proceed.

Does anyone if any of the Boards agendas for Middletown will be settled on Thursday or will they just discuss them and decide on a later date?

The email complaints are under Executive Directors Report near the end under correspondence received. I wouldn't get all excited about it @SmrynaOnTopp it will just be an announcement that the emails were received. They would decide later whether they warrant investigation. DMA and probably MT had few of these such emails last year and pretty much nothing came of them. Like I said unless the complaint emails are accompanied by hard evidence or from a whistle blower from within they are a waste of time.

It a loooooong meeting planned. Doubt there will be many folks left in the room by the time they get to the ED Announcements lol

I. Opening

A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of Agenda
D. Introduction of New Board Members – Jason Miller and Lenny Richardson
E. Approval of Minutes of DIAA June 9, 2022 Board Meeting
F. Approval of Minutes of DIAA June 9, 2022 Executive Session Meeting
G. DIAA Financial Report

II. Action Items

A. Request to Waive Regulation 1009-2.7 by Middletown High School Student – 2022-7- 1* *The Board intends to move into executive session to discuss the contents of a pupil file, the disclosure of which would constitute an invasion of personal privacy.

B. Request to Move from Football Classification 2A to 1A by Alexis I. DuPont High School

C. Request to Allow Eighth Grade Participants at the High School Level – Regulation 1009 2.7.5 i. Early College School

D. Request by Delaware Independent School Conference Schools for Renewal Associate Membership Status

E. DIAA Strategic Plan Update and Planning Session

F. DIAA Regulations - Review Written Comments and Board Action
i. Repeal of Regulation 1006 Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association (DIAA)
ii. Repeal of sections of Regulation 1008 DIAA Junior High and Middle School Interscholastic Athletics
iii. Repeal of sections of Regulation 1009 DIAA High School Interscholastic Athletics
iv. Regulation 1024 DIAA Member Schools
v. Regulation 1034 Health and Safety Requirements
vi. Regulation 1035 In-Season Athletic Activities and Contact
vii. Regulation 1040 Out-of-Season and Summer Athletic Activities and Contact
viii. Regulation 1042 Coaches
ix. Regulation 1043 Officials

G. DIAA Regulations
i. Adoption of Regulation 1020 DIAA Board Procedures
ii. Adoption of Regulation 1021 DIAA Committees

H. Racial Discrimination in Delaware Football Officiating Compliant

I. DIAA Selection of NFHS Weight Classes Established in High Schools

J. Procedures for Processing Request to Change Football Classifications

K. DIAA Board of Directors Annual Elections of Chair and Vice-Chair Positions

L. DIAA Board of Directors Committee Designation – Regulation 1006-3.2.2.3.1

M. Approval of Executive Director’s and committee chairpersons’ recommendations and appointment or reappointment of DIAA committee members – Regulation 1006-3.2
i. Regulation 1006 3.2.2.6 – Appointment of Sportsmanship Committee Chairperson

N. Approval of Sanction Events

O. Recognition of 2020-21 DIAA Board Members

P. DIAA Staff Support for 2022-2023

Q. DIAA Personnel Matter* *The Board intends to enter into executive session for the purpose of discussing a personnel matter.

III. DIAA Tournament Reports

A. Girls Lacrosse Committee
B. Girls Soccer
C. Golf Committee
D. Unified Sports Committee – Track & Field

IV. DIAA Committee Meeting Minutes

A. DIAA Girls Lacrosse Committee Meeting – May 15, 2022 B. DIAA Girls Soccer Committee Meeting – May 18, 2022 C. DIAA Girls Soccer Committee Meeting – June 8, 2022 D. DIAA Girls Lacrosse Committee Meeting – June 15, 2022

V. Executive Director’s Report

A. Summary Report
i. 2022 Harry Roberts Scholarship Winners
ii. DIAA 2021-22 Sportsmanship Report
iii. Name, Image and Likeness

B. Delaware General Assembly Updates
i. Bills 1. SB 227 2. HB 199 3. HB 457
ii. Title IX Recognition on 6/29

C. Fair Play for Women Act of 2022

D. DIAA Correspondence Received
i. Email Received Middletown Football Complaint – Residency
ii. Email Received Middletown Football – Years of Participation

iii. Title IX Training Opportunity

VI. Other Items for Discussion Only

A. Tournament Seeding Criteria
B. Name, Image and Likeness Update and SB 297
C. DIAA Sport Seasons Start Dates

VII. Public Comment

Last edited:
The difference is that this student was an out of state student and had to leave school early in 2020 due to a personal issue and didn’t pass his all of his classes for his junior year. Than transferred to Middletown and had to be a junior because he didn’t pass the year before. Now he is a senior looking for a 5th year. Has this ever happened before? And are you saying there is 0% he gets a waiver under those circumstances?

This student did not leave school early in 2020. Student was in the the school and academically eligible to play as late as mid April 2021 as he did in fact play for the school in their spring games in 2021 (2020 football season was moved to spring 2021 in Philly due to Covid)

Last edited:
This student did not leave school early in 2020. Student was in the the school and academically eligible to play as late as April 2021 as he did in fact play for the school in their spring games in 2021 (2020 football season was moved to spring 2021 in Philly due to Covid)
I believed he left before the school year itself ended. He played football than after the season was over he left the school. I completely forgot about the spring games going on around the country. Crazy world.

This forum should honestly be renamed “The Middletown Feds” page! This is honestly unbelievable, and beyond obvious that personal agendas are majorly in play. Just sad.

What? someone with an agenda on an anonymous sports forum! say it isn't so..lol

C'mon Diehard even you have been known to take some shots at MT coaching on here. Football and baseball.. just saying it's all in the game man..

Reactions: Diehardsportsfan
What? someone with an agenda on an anonymous sports forum! say it isn't so..lol

C'mon Diehard even you have been known to take some shots at MT coaching on here. Football and baseball.. just saying it's all in the game man..
Correct. I have questioned “in game” decisions of Middletown coaches. That just so happens to be the school I’ve seen in person, the most by having former family members play there for years. But there are a few on here that make it pretty obvious what their agenda is. As if the school they root for doesn’t have a few questionable athletes that just magically appear in the school before football season. Who are we kidding here? Let’s put the spotlight back where it belongs, on the student athletes! And not play judge and jury, only when it’s beneficial to a personal hidden agenda. Let the DIAA do their jobs!

Correct. I have questioned “in game” decisions of Middletown coaches. That just so happens to be the school I’ve seen in person, the most by having former family members play there for years. But there are a few on here that make it pretty obvious what their agenda is. As if the school they root for doesn’t have a few questionable athletes that just magically appear in the school before football season. Who are we kidding here? Let’s put the spotlight back where it belongs, on the student athletes! And not play judge and jury, only when it’s beneficial to a personal hidden agenda. Let the DIAA do their jobs!

No one here is stopping DIAA from doing their jobs. If this forum had any influence then MT would not have kept their title. True also that a lot of schools have had questionable transfers and they get called out also. The talk on here is no different than the talk outside the fences around the fields. Most people write this forum off as a joke and gossip rag anyway. I wouldn't worry so much about it. Smyrna took just as much heat on here when they had some questionable transfers. just saying

Last edited:
Reactions: DelaNewb
Recruiting stories in Delaware are usually complete fabrications. Made up by parents that have an axe to grind or are still living their lives through their kids.
Tell me how 2 out of state kids from prominent high schools end up at Middletown?
This forum should honestly be renamed “The Middletown Feds” page! This is honestly unbelievable, and beyond obvious that personal agendas are majorly in play. Just sad.
Middletown is trying to be something that they are not. A national brand. Also the way they are trying to do it is really shady and honestly sad. They’re not even trying to hide it too.

Tell me how 2 out of state kids from prominent high schools end up at Middletown?

What are the 2 prominent schools? The QB transfer's old school I wouldn't categorize as prominent and the one from that Philly public is nowhere near prominent.

What are the 2 prominent schools? The QB transfer's old school I wouldn't categorize as prominent and the one from that Philly public is nowhere near prominent.
One of them went to Archbishop Spalding who beat Malvern prep and Gonzaga prep (Where Caleb Williams went to school) and the other kid didn’t go to a Philly public school he went to Roman Catholic which has always been a top Philly school.

One of them went to Archbishop Spalding who beat Malvern prep and Gonzaga prep (Where Caleb Williams went to school) and the other kid didn’t go to a Philly public school he went to Roman Catholic which has always been a top Philly school.

ehh.. I still don't consider those prominent programs. Most people in DE haven't heard of them I bet. Gilman, St Joes Prep, Calvert Hall, DeMatha , Good Counsel, St Johns Catholic are more household names. I get Gilman suck now and Spalding has been winning. Spalding is building into a prominent program though with the help of Baucia and what not. The reason the QB transferred is more than likely because Spalding recruiting over him at QB when they brought in that high rank freshman QB and he wasn't going to start there. MT has a connection over there and the HC is buying into Prep Gridiron Logistics National nonsense. The suggestion was probably made to check out MT.. it's bullshit though for the SR that has been a good soldier awaiting his turn at MT but that is the game MT wants to play

ehh.. I still don't consider those prominent programs. Most people in DE haven't heard of them I bet. Gilman, St Joes Prep, Calvert Hall, DeMatha , Good Counsel, St Johns Catholic are more household names. I get Gilman suck now and Spalding has been winning. Spalding is building into a prominent program though with the help of Baucia and what not. The reason the QB transferred is more than likely because Spalding recruiting over him at QB when they brought in that high rank freshman QB and he wasn't going to start there. MT has a connection over there and the HC is buying into Prep Gridiron Logistics National nonsense. The suggestion was probably made to check out MT.. it's bullshit though for the SR that has been a good soldier awaiting his turn at MT but that is the game MT wants to play
I think those programs are a big deal. Especially Spalding. Roman Catholic is good but not at a crazy level. If Middletown wants to become a somewhat big brand on the east coast they should invest in youth football in the area and build up talent that way. Which they have done to a certain extent. There’s kids in Middletown who have probably have been going to games since they were little who are going to loose their spot to kids who could care less about Middletown itself. It’s sad.

Middletown is trying to be something that they are not. A national brand. Also the way they are trying to do it is really shady and honestly sad. They’re not even trying to hide it too.
Because all of the stud transfers Smyrna has had such as Leddie Brown, and the QB from last year just woke up 1 day and said, I think I want to transfer to Smyrna today. Right? In fact, the QB loved it so much that he only did 1 season and enrolled into college a full year early! You sound absolutely ridiculous! And we get it. You hate Middletown football! You actually talk about Middletown more than you talk about Smyrna! Kids are attracted to schools that are consistently competitive, and get them In front of college coaches. This isn’t anything new! It’s just new to Delaware. Every solid high school program does some form of recruiting! If it’s cleared by the DIAA how is Middletown, or any other school in the wrong?

Because all of the stud transfers Smyrna has had such as Leddie Brown, and the QB from last year just woke up 1 day and said, I think I want to transfer to Smyrna today. Right? In fact, the QB loved it so much that he only did 1 season and enrolled into college a full year early! You sound absolutely ridiculous! And we get it. You hate Middletown football! You actually talk about Middletown more than you talk about Smyrna! Kids are attracted to schools that are consistently competitive, and get them In front of college coaches. This isn’t anything new! It’s just new to Delaware. Every solid high school program does some form of recruiting! If it’s cleared by the DIAA how is Middletown, or any other school in the wrong?
Qb you’re talking about grew up in Smyrna and lived there when he went to Dematha. He wanted to come back and play with his friends and then he had an opportunity to go to college early. Get your fax right please.

talking about grew up in Smyrna and lived there when he went to Dematha. He wanted to come back and pla

ok add in senior QB that transferred from Glasgow the year after Nolan left and the big kid that transferred from Dover that was also a stud wrestler. Also a senior. Your not even supposed to transfer senior year and be eligible but somehow those two got waivers. Smyrna has had their share and dabbled in playing high profile OOS games as well.

Last edited:
I know that. But again, he loved coming home and playing with his friends so much that he played 1 year and rolled out? Haha! For the record, I’m pretty sure that 98% of the players at Middletown are homegrown kids. Btw. Funny how you forgot to mention Leddie Brown.

ok add in senior QB that transferred from Glasgow the year after Nolan left and the big kid that transferred from Dover that was also a stud wrestler. Smyrna has had their share and dabbled in playing high profile OOS games as well.
It’s Glasgow they haven’t been good in forever. The kid from Dover was a very unique situation and you should do some research. That was definitely not recruiting 😂.There’s a whole Delaware online article about it. I hated that Smyrna played Bergen. That was not good for the team imo.

I know that. But again, he loved coming home and playing with his friends so much that he played 1 year and rolled out? Haha! For the record, I’m pretty sure that 98% of the players at Middletown are homegrown kids. Btw. Funny how you forgot to mention Leddie Brown.
Leddie’s family had to move around a lot. That’s how he got to Smyrna and why he transferred to so many schools.

It’s Glasgow they haven’t been good in forever.

lol what's that got to do with anything? It's ok to transfer as long as the team you're leaving isn't very good. Actually Glasgow was decent the years he was there and had a couple players come in.

So when the Edge
Qb you’re talking about grew up in Smyrna and lived there when he went to Dematha. He wanted to come back and play with his friends and then he had an opportunity to go to college early. Get your fax right please
Leddie’s family had to move around a lot. That’s how he got to Smyrna and why he transferred to so many schools.

It’s Glasgow they haven’t been good in forever. The kid from Dover was a very unique situation and you should do some research. That was definitely not recruiting 😂.There’s a whole Delaware online article about it. I hated that Smyrna played Bergen. That was not good for the team imo.

of course..there is always a story.. we're just saying Smyrna really has no leg to stand on and no shoulder to cry on regarding what Middletown is up to.. that's all

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
lol what's that got to do with anything? It's ok to transfer as long as the team you're leaving isn't very good. Actually Glasgow was decent the years he was there and had a couple players come in.
There’s a difference in getting a kid from Glasgow than getting kids from Roman Catholic and Spalding. Why do you think the kid transferred. He wanted to compete against better talent and be with better talent. I don’t consider it recruiting when a kid wants to go to a school on his own to either play with and against better competition or get more playing time.

Take the Smyrna blinders off buddy! You sound like you actually believe the stuff you say 😂. Also quite ironic how you’re saying the Edge kid came back because he missed his friends so much. But when the Davis kid came back to play at Middletown, where he actually lives, you were on here having a temper tantrum! Again. Just say you can’t stand Middletown, and leave it at that. I mean you’ve made it more than obvious!

There’s a difference in getting a kid from Glasgow than getting kids from Roman Catholic and Spalding. Why do you think the kid transferred. He wanted to compete against better talent and be with better talent. I don’t consider it recruiting when a kid wants to go to a school on his own to either play with and against better competition or get more playing time.
ok then Middletown is playing better competition than RC or Spalding and likely on FLO TV or possibly ESPN.. The kid left Spalding because he wasn't going to play that should fit your ok to transfer criteria.. lol

of course there is always a story.. we're just saying Smyrna really has no leg to stand on and no shoulder to cry on regarding what Middletown is up to.. that's all
Middletown is doing a completely different thing than Smyrna ever has done. Smyrna does not recruit and knows what they are. Middletown thinks they can be the next big thing on the east coast.

ok then Middletown is playing better competition than RC or Spalding and likely on FLO TV or possibly ESPN
You know well that these transfer kids 8 months ago couldn’t locate Middletown on a map. Middletown went to them and recruited them to be there. Don’t get it twisted

Middletown is doing a completely different thing than Smyrna ever has done. Smyrna does not recruit and knows what they are. Middletown thinks they can be the next big thing on the east coast.

I must have missed the big announcement then.. my bad

Take the Smyrna blinders off buddy! You sound like you actually believe the stuff you say 😂. Also quite ironic how you’re saying the Edge kid came back because he missed his friends so much. But when the Davis kid came back to play at Middletown, where he actually lives, you were on here having a temper tantrum! Again. Just say you can’t stand Middletown, and leave it at that. I mean you’ve made it more than obvious!
I never had a problem with Davis. What are you taking about. He went to Florida because he didn’t know if Delaware was going to have a season then came back to Delaware. I don’t see the issue with that.

You know well that these transfer kids 8 months ago couldn’t locate Middletown on a map. Middletown went to them and recruited them to be there. Don’t get it twisted

how do I know that? I don't and you are just making claims based on circumstantial evidence. A lot of MT families over the years have roots or are from Philly. It's not that big of a stretch really.

Last edited:
"Middletown went to them and recruited them to be there"

How? Why? With what? Can you prove that?

If what you say is true then contact DIAA. Otherwise it's just the typical bullshit that people sling around without facts.

Look I'm not trying to start crap but I coached for more than 15 years (football and baseball) in Delaware. Do I think anyone ever recruited? Maybe. But most of the stories were fiction. A lot of made up bs.

Reactions: DelaNewb

No they didn't they always have been in Philly. He came to Smyrna via your OC and his connections with ECA and Coach DT and when Coach DT went to Neumann Goretti LB4 transferred back home to Philly for his senior year. I have followed LB4 since he went to ECA as an 8th grader. Always been from Philly. Your OC was OC for ECA when LB4 was there before Day came back and your OC got gig at Smyrna. Trust me I know the history lol

I love that the Smyrna v Middletown rivalry is back and how the hate runs deep. lol Definitely the most heated and best rivalry in DE right now..

Last edited:
Reactions: nomorenonstop
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT