5. Sallies
6. DMA
7. Smyrna
8. AI
9. Tech
10. St Marks

Last edited:
Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
RR, just curious, who were Dover's three wins against that would put them over your #3 and #4 teams?

Going with the having elite players.. That wins in DE most of the time.. Dynamic Duo = #2 jmho

Besides the Rooster senses a building of confidence in this Senator squad and a will to do the work not seen in Dover for quite awhile. Kids willing to forget the past and focus on the here and now

Sometimes its not about who you beat but who you have just saying

Football is a game of matchups and emotions not daisy chains of who beat who

But to answer your question

Archmere 42-14 (whom they lost to last year)
Woodbridge 35-21 (whom they also lost to last year 49-20 but yeah Friends cheapened the win this year)
Concord 47- 0 (whom they beat by 1 point last year)

Last edited:
Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
Going with the having elite players.. That wins in DE most of the time.. Dynamic Duo = #2 jmho Besides the Rooster senses a building of confidence in this Senator squad and a will to do the work not seen in Dover for quite awhile. Kids willing to forget the past and focus on the here and now

Sometimes its not about who you beat but who you have just saying

Football is a game of matchups and emotions not daisy chains of who beat who
That was cute.

I haven't seen Dover. So who do they actually have besides Peace? That's all I hear about. I know the QB is supposed to be good but it's my understanding he's going to Temple for defense.

I asked you a simple question and you give me, "daisy chains of who beat who."
lol

If that is all you got out of my response then you might be a meathead.. just saying.. I think I explained my reasoning well beyond daisy chains..

Last edited:
I haven't seen Dover. So who do they actually have besides Peace? That's all I hear about. I know the QB is supposed to be good but it's my understanding he's going to Temple for defense.

Go read the game threads then.. Magee is throwing as many TD passes as Peace has TD runs and the passes are not to Peace so they got some dudes catching the rock as well

I’ll wait to judge Dover when they start conf play. Wins over Concord, Arch and Woodbridge don’t excite me . WB is OK. I think it’s possible they lose 2-3 games in Henlopen North.

Sals would easily beat Delmar . Nothing against Delmar.

I’ll wait to judge Dover when they start conf play. Wins over Concord, Arch and Woodbridge don’t excite me . WB is OK. I think it’s possible they lose 2-3 games in Henlopen North.

Sals would easily beat Delmar . Nothing against Delmar.

Its easy to rank after the fact lol.. Sals would not easily beat Delmar IMO Should they beat them? Yes definitely but Delmar is a very disciplined hard nosed team and very well coached. Not that Sallies isn't but I don't think the Sallies are as tough as them Delmar punks lol

Reactions: SouthDude
I think I should have ranked Sallies #1 because these kids were undefeated as a Freshman team.. wait a minute how many DE schools even have a Freshman team?

and they take great angles on D .. They are just well coached kids from pee wee on up.. yeah you have to have some Jimmys and Joes and Delmars lean years they didn't have them but like any public you go up and down based on population but when Delmar has some Jimmy and Joes the coaches make hay

I don’t think Dover will be as good as veryine thinks. Even with their 2 great players they needed a comeback to beat a decent D2 team.

Yes they did but that comeback came via coaches making adjustments and the players executing ..Something that Dover has never been known for,, So that showed me something. Dover has always been known for having tons of talent but being poorly coached or even uncoachable in some years . I have a feeling the coach is reaching these kids this year and they have more than the Dynamic Duo, just a hunch at this point but I would bet if my hunch is correct they don't lose a in conference game Everybody laughed at me when I said Smyrna could win it 3 years ago For what ever reason DE folk just think the same teams will win every year . I think for what ever reason reason they want it that way but that is a different discussion

Last edited:
I don’t think Dover will be as good as veryine thinks. Even with their 2 great players they needed a comeback to beat a decent D2 team.

Sometimes after losing consistently it takes more mental toughness than ability to get wins especially against a solid team. Looks like Dover is building that. We definitely will see as they get into conference games.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Hen North is definitely the show this year. Who will come out of it to face Middletown is the drama. I pick Dover but can see Tech or Central crashing the party..I am not sold on Smyrna this year Good coaches yeah but just dont have the Jimmy and Joes IMO That system requires a top notch QB .. yeah I know they got away with it last year but they dont have a WK to rock the earth nor do I think their D is up to the task of playing ground and pound. Tech has the beef and the marquee player in Kane if he comes back to make that run.. Central is balanced and could win games just on that but they arent in the picture fr me for the HN crowm

Last edited:
They haven’t been tested at all yet.

They beat 2 teams they lost to last year and blew out a team they only beat by 1 point last year Maybe they dont look tested because they are that much better than the teams they played.. But I beg to differ Woodbridge did test them and Dover answered the call

They beat 2 teams they lost to last year and blew out a team they only beat by 1 point last year Maybe they dont look tested because they are that much better than the teams they played.. But I beg to differ Woodbridge did test them and Dover answered the call
You only think Dover is a contender because they are a lot better then last year... when they were really bad. Now they are pretty good against D2 teams instead of average. Still just average when they play a good team

were both just thinking but I have a sense about these things sometimes I'm right sometimes I'm wrong but clearly your worried about Dover

Do you guys think Sallies or Smyrna will win when they play?

Right now I think Sallies.. Unless Smyrna QB shows something Sals will have no problem shutting down Whaley. Not that Whaley isnt a good back but Sals coaches are used to shutting down a good back.. Smyrna will have to have RPO in effect to beat Sals IMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: FootballguyDE
what have you seen from Smyrna "this year" to make you so sure? I have watched both and DMA line play is better and they have the best player (Alleyne) on the field. News flash Will Knight has graduated.

There is no need to re-evaluate my life I crossed 50 so my life is what it is but I am still here so that's a plus

Last edited:
what have you seen from Smyrna "this year" to make you so sure? I have watched both and DMA line play is better and they have the best player (Alleyne) on the field. News flash Will Knight has graduated.

There is no need to re-evaluate my life I crossed 50 so my life is what it is but I am still here so that's a plus
So you’re telling me you think DMA beats Smyrna in a game? If they played 10 times DMA would MAYBE lose by only 7 in one game.

well we will never know but I ask again what has Smyrna shown you "this year" to make you so sure?

Last edited:
They haven’t been tested at all yet.

Maybe in your eyes but to them and a coach they were tested by coming back and winning against Woodbridge (a solid team) when normally that is a game they would have lost easily, that is big. Each week for most teams is a test. Most just don’t believe until you do something great against someone “good”. If Woodbridge would have blown out Friends most would be higher on Dover. Many will probably not give Dover respect as a good football team until they play Smyrna. Any win before that will be a “yeah but” any lost will be “see I told you”.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Hen North is definitely the show this year. Who will come out of it to face Middletown is the drama. I pick Dover but can see Tech or Central crashing the party..I am not sold on Smyrna this year Good coaches yeah but just dont have the Jimmy and Joes IMO That system requires a top notch QB .. yeah I know they got away with it last year but they dont have a WK to rock the earth nor do I think their D is up to the task of playing ground and pound. Tech has the beef and the marquee player in Kane if he comes back to make that run.. Central is balanced and could win games just on that but they arent in the picture fr me for the HN crowm

Smyrna’s system does not required a top notch QB. It’s dynamic if you have one though. Maybe clarify what constitutes a top notch QB?

Smyrna’s system does not required a top notch QB. It’s dynamic if you have one though. Maybe clarify what constitutes a top notch QB?
Yes Smyrna does require a top notch Qb to be great. They can be above average with the Qb and players they have now but won’t be winning a championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT