ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Cape BBall

A fight between cape players and spectators during the game vs smyrna at milford tonight. Had to end the game. Videos are online

Lol funny I was about to say the wresting forum has been upstaged by the basketball forum in terms of drama. Normally basketball owns that category other than this week but they took no time in taking that title back lol

Where? 302 sports?

Lol funny I was about to say the wresting forum has been upstaged by the basketball forum in terms of drama. Normally basketball owns that category other than this week but they took no time in taking that title back lol

Go to basketball forum Smyrna vs cape there is video there as well as on Delaware on line. Funny thing is there are parents defending actions and blaming diaa, Milford , coaches, and the police for the kids actions. warning though it’s a very saddening thread to read.

Last edited:
When she rains she pours.

In all seriousness I do read and participate in some good discussions on this board with some individuals who seem to care greatly for the sport and those whom participate in it. With the passion that has been exemplified on this board, it makes me happy to see even though participation has been low in recent years, we still have a strong community. And that strong community is what makes this sport unique and great. You are a part of a fraternity when you or your children wrestle. Delaware is extremely unique, in the sense, as we know everybody knows everybody and that this states wrestlers can come together and compete and support one another as everyone is within an hour drive. No other state is like that in the Country. It is in my hopes that most of you, if not all, are not only demonstrating that passion for the sport on this forum, but that you are also giving back to this sport in some way, shape, or form. Whether if it is youth coaching, high school coaching, becoming a team mom, referee, volunteer coaching at clubs, or even just helping those with passion for the sport with lower means get transportation to practices. Even though there are some heated debates, we all want the same thing; for this sport to grow and teach our youth those core values of hard work and independence that they can take with them into adulthood. With all that being said, keep that fire and passion for this sport, give back, and let's help DE wrestling grow and become the best we can be. Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend.

heated debate is a fabric of our country and helps drive progress. When people take it personal and want to fight over stupid things like perceived disrespect or someone doesn’t share the same views as you do about your child then bad things happen. Debate and opinions are good getting upset and acting violently over a opinion that differs from your is bad

Story is kid originally from Smyrna who now goes to Howard was there behind Cape bench with Smyrna friends instigating. Kid from Cape snapped and fought Howard kid. Then kicked Howard kid in the face when he was laying on the ground hands behind his back. He'd done at Cape. Cape may play wth five or six kids first game of playoffs. Smyrna may lose a couple as well and probably Howard. Crazy basketball people!

Reactions: spartakos
Story is kid originally from Smyrna who now goes to Howard was there behind Cape bench with Smyrna friends instigating. Kid from Cape snapped and fought Howard kid. Then kicked Howard kid in the face when he was laying on the ground hands behind his back. He'd done at Cape. Cape may play wth five or six kids first game of playoffs. Smyrna may lose a couple as well and probably Howard. Crazy basketball people!
AI was kicked out of playoffs last year and didn't throw a single punch. I'd imagine cape as a whole is done.

I saw Garnett get tackled by his Coach but mostly the Cape kid and the big boy going at it. Tough to tell from the video. I did see another video with the kick to the face.

@my
sad thing is I’m sure this isn’t over!
starting to get ugly on social media ....
only time will tell

The sad part is listening to adults say that the coach is lucky that 'the wrong people' didn't hear whatever he said to the kidmor he wouldn't have gotten out of the gym. You have to shake your head at adults embracing the thug mentality. The kids shouldn't have been directly behind the bench to start with. Still no excuses and sadly Cape should be done this year.

@sals2011 At AI, that was the Principals decision to shut down the season after the incident. It wasnt DIAA or the state. It was appealed by parents and some.community members, but the Principal was supported by the District with his decision and the appeal was denied. Unless the District or DIAA steps in for this incident, it is up to the School Principal if their season is over.

Wait a minute. This was at Milford right? All he did was kick someone in the face. I thought if you assaulted someone while at Milford there was no consequence, or is that just for Milford kids?
Hope no one dropped and f-bomb after being hit! DIAA would feel it necessary to drop the hammer then, I'm sure.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT