Sasha Marvel, jr., Caravel

THIRD TEAM

Sha’Nia Davis, so., Appoquinimink

Allie Kubek, so., Sanford

Kaylee Otlowski, sr., Caravel

Olivia Tucker, jr., Sanford

Kendra Warren, jr., Caravel

HONORABLE MENTION

Emily Ansah, sr., Newark Charter; Shelby Bailey-Smiley, sr., Tatnall; DahNaija Barnes, sr., St. Thomas More; Natalie DePaulo, sr., Wilmington Friends; Alyssa Faville, so., Conrad; Logan Handy, jr., Laurel; Alexis Lee, sr., St. Elizabeth; Aniah Patterson, jr., St. Thomas More; Sydney Pedersen, sr., Cape Henlopen; Ja-Naiah Perkins-Jackson, jr., Hodgson; Samantha Pollich, jr., Sanford; Kayla Rouse, sr., Howard; Jayla Smith, jr., Smyrna; Janiya Stevens, jr., Sussex Tech; Ja’Nylah Whittlesey, fr., Conrad

Reactions: sportsguy725
well they missing a player: Lynnjay Brown from dickinson on that first team list other than that. i think they got it right

I would switch Stefanie Kulesza and Snow on first and second team and Park would be my player of the year, but the rest checks out.

Reactions: Onlooker7
I would switch Stefanie Kulesza and Snow on first and second team and Park would be my player of the year, but the rest checks out.

Returnofgate. I hope your joking. cause that girls had no help and had two 40 point games this year and led that team to the play- offs. the only player that may have outscored her this year is Lynnjay Brown. Snow is for real. She could of averaged 30 easily this year.i had her as serious contention for player of the year.

Not taking anything away from Snow, but she had to do it all for Concord to have a shot. Conrad would've been good without Stefanie, but she still had some big games for them this year, which made them nearly unstoppable. Should've been rewarded for that fact alone.

Returnofgate. I hope your joking. cause that girls had no help and had two 40 point games this year and led that team to the play- offs. the only player that may have outscored her this year is Lynnjay Brown. Snow is for real. She could of averaged 30 easily this year.i had her as serious contention for player of the year.

You’ve gotta be kidding. While I like Snow’s athletic ability. If you gave the same shots to any of the girls on Ursuline, Sanford, Conrad, or Caravel they’d match Snow’s scoring #’s or better. She has little idea of how to play the game to match her athletic ability. Bad coaching in AAU & her high school coach. That’s why she isn’t a D1 prospect & doesn’t have D1 offers. The 4-5 times I saw her play this past season she took at least 30 shots in each game if not more & shot below 30% in each game. She unfortunately didn’t lead her team to any meaningful wins at ALL this season. She is the product of bad coaching & I’m sure some people who have misguided her & have no idea what she needed to do 2-3 years ago to get herself prepared to play D1 or even a higher level D2. If prep school was an option I would encourage her to go and possibly turn it into a D1 chance. Absolutely zero consideration for POY. Another player that if she had the right coaching or instruction she’d definitely be in the running for POY & leading her team to legit wins vs good teams.

As far as POY, Ward-Mayo, Julie Kulesza, or Sasha Marvel. Mayo made St. E’s go and was a good addition to keep them in the top 5 all year. She has some serious skills that work at the high school level but don’t translate to D1 basketball at this time. Is a highlight reel and very flashy. Seen her mature as the season progressed but size is an issue at D1 level. She also needs to learn how to play the game to be able be ready if she has aspirations to play D1. Needs to play for a better AAU program cause I’m not sure she gets what she needs at St. E’s. Julie is the most polished player around. Fundamental sound and not flashy at all. She is one of the better defenders in the state. If it wasn’t for her that team would of never made it to the final four 2 years ago or won a “ship” this year. Can run the point as well as 2 guard. I sat near a few Ivy League and CAA coaches at the Bob this year and they are completely enamored with her toughness & court sense. Sasha is a tough and very savvy player that can do it all. She can lead her team in any area on any given night. Again, not flashy at all but fills the stat sheet and does all the things needed to lead her team. Should of been on first team all state in place of Snow. If she improves her ball handling she’ll improve her chances of playing at the D1 level. A CAA coach said “ I like everything about her game and hope she continues to improve”.

Park-Lane had another season cut short. 8th grade year lost in 2nd round to Sussex Central- very big upset. Sanford had a ton of talent that year. 9th grade- lost in title game w/ Senior lead team w/ Alston, Samuels, Mosley, & Sparks-Faulkner, 10th grade year- got crushed by Ursuline in Semi’s, 11th grade year- got upset by Ursuline team in quarterfinals. Can’t justify it this year after early departure again. Got to beat Ursuline despite lose of Kubek if you are to be consider for POY. Flashy at times and has improved her shooting. Only if she was 3-5 inches taller. Has an offer at Delaware and should jump on it if it’s still there. Heard Radford is interested as well.

Connolly has proven she can’t lead a team. She needs to be the 3rd or 4th option as she had been over her career w/ Hahn, Lewis, Irons, Kampert, Gordy, Wallace, Wulah, Mason, Hurff, Hendley & Brown. I may be missing a few more players to. She struggled this year being the top player on her team. Saw a lot about her in the 7-8 games I witnessed, and it wasn’t very productive or things a POY candidate shows. Was a very strong role player in her career at Ursuline and being able to sit on perimeter and hit open 3’s when they spread teams out with the slew of athletes Ursuline has had over her five years there. Despite what others have said Ursuline had several talented players on there team this year. No Hahn’s or Lewis’s but they were the deepest team this year other than maybe Caravel. Noonan has had the luxury of numerous D1 or D2 players over the last 5-6 years. Connolly is an excellent foul shooter.

Bottom line Connolly and Snow got the benefit of the doubt after being on first team last year.

You’ve gotta be kidding. While I like Snow’s athletic ability. If you gave the same shots to any of the girls on Ursuline, Sanford, Conrad, or Caravel they’d match Snow’s scoring #’s or better. She has little idea of how to play the game to match her athletic ability. Bad coaching in AAU & her high school coach. That’s why she isn’t a D1 prospect & doesn’t have D1 offers. The 4-5 times I saw her play this past season she took at least 30 shots in each game if not more & shot below 30% in each game. She unfortunately didn’t lead her team to any meaningful wins at ALL this season. She is the product of bad coaching & I’m sure some people who have misguided her & have no idea what she needed to do 2-3 years ago to get herself prepared to play D1 or even a higher level D2. If prep school was an option I would encourage her to go and possibly turn it into a D1 chance. Absolutely zero consideration for POY. Another player that if she had the right coaching or instruction she’d definitely be in the running for POY & leading her team to legit wins vs good teams.

As far as POY, Ward-Mayo, Julie Kulesza, or Sasha Marvel. Mayo made St. E’s go and was a good addition to keep them in the top 5 all year. She has some serious skills that work at the high school level but don’t translate to D1 basketball at this time. Is a highlight reel and very flashy. Seen her mature as the season progressed but size is an issue at D1 level. She also needs to learn how to play the game to be able be ready if she has aspirations to play D1. Needs to play for a better AAU program cause I’m not sure she gets what she needs at St. E’s. Julie is the most polished player around. Fundamental sound and not flashy at all. She is one of the better defenders in the state. If it wasn’t for her that team would of never made it to the final four 2 years ago or won a “ship” this year. Can run the point as well as 2 guard. I sat near a few Ivy League and CAA coaches at the Bob this year and they are completely enamored with her toughness & court sense. Sasha is a tough and very savvy player that can do it all. She can lead her team in any area on any given night. Again, not flashy at all but fills the stat sheet and does all the things needed to lead her team. Should of been on first team all state in place of Snow. If she improves her ball handling she’ll improve her chances of playing at the D1 level. A CAA coach said “ I like everything about her game and hope she continues to improve”.

Park-Lane had another season cut short. 8th grade year lost in 2nd round to Sussex Central- very big upset. Sanford had a ton of talent that year. 9th grade- lost in title game w/ Senior lead team w/ Alston, Samuels, Mosley, & Sparks-Faulkner, 10th grade year- got crushed by Ursuline in Semi’s, 11th grade year- got upset by Ursuline team in quarterfinals. Can’t justify it this year after early departure again. Got to beat Ursuline despite lose of Kubek if you are to be consider for POY. Flashy at times and has improved her shooting. Only if she was 3-5 inches taller. Has an offer at Delaware and should jump on it if it’s still there. Heard Radford is interested as well.

Connolly has proven she can’t lead a team. She needs to be the 3rd or 4th option as she had been over her career w/ Hahn, Lewis, Irons, Kampert, Gordy, Wallace, Wulah, Mason, Hurff, Hendley & Brown. I may be missing a few more players to. She struggled this year being the top player on her team. Saw a lot about her in the 7-8 games I witnessed, and it wasn’t very productive or things a POY candidate shows. Was a very strong role player in her career at Ursuline and being able to sit on perimeter and hit open 3’s when they spread teams out with the slew of athletes Ursuline has had over her five years there. Despite what others have said Ursuline had several talented players on there team this year. No Hahn’s or Lewis’s but they were the deepest team this year other than maybe Caravel. Noonan has had the luxury of numerous D1 or D2 players over the last 5-6 years. Connolly is an excellent foul shooter.

Bottom line Connolly and Snow got the benefit of the doubt after being on first team last year.
There can't be much difference in the shooting percentages of Mayo v Snow yet you tout Mayo for POY and say Snow got the benefit of the doubt. Connolly is without a doubt 1st team all state. Marvel is getting better but is not there yet.

There can't be much difference in the shooting percentages of Mayo v Snow yet you tout Mayo for POY and say Snow got the benefit of the doubt. Connolly is without a doubt 1st team all state. Marvel is getting better but is not there yet.

During the first 1/3 of the season I would agree & say yes. But Mayo changed and became a more well rounded player and took way fewer shots the last 2/3 of the season. I saw her getting others involved and not firing it up like she did early in the season.

That's probably fair. I think as Mayo learns to play she can play at the D1 level in spite of size. Size isn't necessarily as big an issue in the girls game as the boys as the game is played below the rim. I watch college ball and see small PG's all across the country but the skill level really has to be there.

All she has to do is look at Chennedy Carter from Texas A&M for some inspiration- not tall, but a complete player as a freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT