ADVERTISEMENT

Inaugural Will Knight Award preseason watch list.

You know some people consider those producers to be the worst people in the world lmao.
It’s kind of funny to watch the Smyrna bashing on a thread named after Will Knight lol….glad this thread wasn’t named after Chris Godwin lol….we would have Middletown SAT cheating….Delpercio banging boosters wives….the 1995/96 fans that jumped the Delcastle football team and cheerleaders….beating up the ref in the parking lot in the 2000’s and we didn’t even get to Blums last year of recruiting and illegal players lol…..

You know some people consider those producers to be the worst people in the world lmao.
Oh I am confident I got some haters...

tumblr_mr2y31HUD61rf3wd1o1_500.gif

It’s kind of funny to watch the Smyrna bashing on a thread named after Will Knight lol….glad this thread wasn’t named after Chris Godwin lol….we would have Middletown SAT cheating….Delpercio banging boosters wives….the 1995/96 fans that jumped the Delcastle football team and cheerleaders….beating up the ref in the parking lot in the 2000’s and we didn’t even get to Blums last year of recruiting and illegal players lol…..

Welcome to DePreps summer "Hot Stove" and "Transfer Season"..

The football season is nigh
200.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: DEfootballFan6
This is not about the kids, obviously it has more to do with the adults, especially the ones who will blatantly over look certain things. Funny how certain ones didn’t never mention things going on at their school of choice, but will be first in line with any news (mostly negative) , about all schools but they have a select few they continually talk about.

And nobody is bashing anyone! Smyrna is topic due to the integrity comments, so a question was asked. As far as Middletown goes, they are not free of flaws , but fact remains they were good in the past. Then they too fell on hard times in early 80s , and since Dinardo got there (with all of 600 kids in the building) have been more then consistent as a football program. In the past 30 years , I would bet they don’t have more than one season under .500 , so let’s not make like kids are coming there and they are finally winning.

This is not about the kids, obviously it has more to do with the adults, especially the ones who will blatantly over look certain things. Funny how certain ones didn’t never mention things going on at their school of choice, but will be first in line with any news (mostly negative) , about all schools but they have a select few they continually talk about.

Some folks are just in denial about what goes on at their "school of choice". Kinda normal really. That hometown Kool-Aide always tastes better and goes down easy.

oh-yeah-kool-aid.gif

Last edited:
Question.. If MH does in fact transfer to Smyrna would that officially mean we have an arms race here in Delaware?

Question.. If MH does in fact transfer to Smyrna would that officially mean we have an arms race here in Delaware?
Imagine if we all put the same amount of transfer/recruiting/ etc energy into Sallies Lax, St Marks volleyball, Cape girls , Padua soccer, Caravel wrestling lol …those dynasties float on past us lol

Imagine if we all put the same amount of transfer/recruiting/ etc energy into Sallies Lax, St Marks volleyball, Cape girls , Padua soccer, Caravel wrestling lol …those dynasties float on past us lol

Hey man I am all for it. Let's take the handcuffs off Sallies football and cut them loose with all their money and facilities they could build a team that might even be able compete on the Natty stage.

Mater Dei
St John Bosco
St Frances Academy
IMG
St Thomas Aquinas
Bishop Gorman
St Joes Prep
St Johns College
MIddletown High School?

naw doesnt work.. put Salesianum up in there.. lol

Last edited:
From Smyrna's code of conduct.. which pretty much mirrors all public schools.. most privates have a zero tolerance policy like if you even raise your hand to strike someone your out. Even Red Lion fired AD/HC Eric Day for not reporting a fight in the locker room after practice which would have led to those players being expelled. He tried to discipline the players after practice by running and praying or whatever but the RLCA brass found out about the fight and fired Day immediately.

The following Discipline Code of Conduct is in force: 
On school property prior to, during, and following regular, school hours. 
While students are on a school bus for any purpose. 
At all Smyrna High School-sponsored events and other activities at which school administrators or staff have jurisdiction over students. 
Off-School Property resulting in criminal charges.
gotcha! Thanks for explanation, I wasn’t aware of the code of conduct for that. It was truly a question and fanoffootball has to get all snarky lol. Oh well guess that’s the way you have to take things via text

Hey man I am all for it. Let's take the handcuffs off Sallies football and cut them loose with all their money and facilities they could build a team that might even be able compete on the Natty stage.

Mater Dei
St John Bosco
St Frances Academy
IMG
St Thomas Aquinas
Bishop Gorman
St Johns College
MIddletown High School?

naw doesnt work.. put Salesianum up in there.. lol
I agree, sallies just get out of DIAA and go balls to the wall against those national powerhouse and they can compete with the kids that they get there.

Not sure Cape girls Lacrosse fits in with the rest of your list, best girls lacrosse feeder program in the state easily

gotcha! Thanks for explanation, I wasn’t aware of the code of conduct for that. It was truly a question and fanoffootball has to get all snarky lol. Oh well guess that’s the way you have to take things via text

lol.. nevermind fan he means well. He is just old and seems to struggle with the commands and operations of this here thing.. Hopefully by the end of the season we can at least teach him how to quote proper..

old-man-my-computer.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Dback2500
So MH is listed on Smyrnas roster on maxpreps. I know that it isn't a definitive roster because it also Edge as well, but just interesting that it is there, considering that he was supposedly denied acceptance to the school.

So MH is listed on Smyrnas roster on maxpreps. I know that it isn't a definitive roster because it also Edge as well, but just interesting that it is there, considering that he was supposedly denied acceptance to the school.
Its been like that the same way on Hudl..He shows on W Penns roster as well.. I don't know if the player changed his profile on there or if someone with access did it earlier or not.. certainly nothing official.. @Huskerman7 reported he was working out with Smyrna a few days ago and @84rider reported he was working out with CR a week before that. so who knows? Whatever he is doing he trying to keep it quiet

Maxpreps says he was added this week though..

Last edited:
OK so he is no longer on Penns roster on MP or Hudl.. Looks like someone from Penn has been doing some updating.

Its been like that the same way on Hudl..He shows on W Penns roster as well.. I don't know if the player changed his profile on there or if someone with access did it earlier or not.. certainly nothing official.. @Huskerman7 reported he was working out with Smyrna a few days ago and @84rider reported he was working out with CR a week before that. so who knows? Whatever he is doing he trying to keep it quiet
At this rate Brad Myers might list him 3 times on his lists….Scrolling through MH Twitter page he doesn’t come off as a big social media kid which is kind of refreshing with all the “committed” posts …and goodbyes to my old school etc….He is on Smyrna and his mom did move to the Smyrna/Clayton area….she supposedly got a job in Dover which is why he moved in the 1st place….rumor was his mom was on a waiting list for low income housing in Smyrna and was approved in July….He didn’t know where he was going to play based on her housing situation. I hope it does work out for him in the long run…big time talent and IMO they gave him a much better chance at more offers then CR….I spoke with someone who “used” to be in DIAA…they told me that residency is the final answer…He did everything right and no waiver is needed since they moved into their school district.

Reactions: Huskerman7
At this rate Brad Myers might list him 3 times on his lists….Scrolling through MH Twitter page he doesn’t come off as a big social media kid which is kind of refreshing with all the “committed” posts …and goodbyes to my old school etc….He is on Smyrna and his mom did move to the Smyrna/Clayton area….she supposedly got a job in Dover which is why he moved in the 1st place….rumor was his mom was on a waiting list for low income housing in Smyrna and was approved in July….He didn’t know where he was going to play based on her housing situation. I hope it does work out for him in the long run…big time talent and IMO they gave him a much better chance at more offers then CR….I spoke with someone who “used” to be in DIAA…they told me that residency is the final answer…He did everything right and no waiver is needed since they moved into their school district.

Yep.. works in Dover but put in for LI Housing in Smyrna.. makes sense to me.. game on! Smyrna vs Middletown game just got a bit more interesting...

Reactions: Huskerman7
And obviously I wish the kid best of luck wherever he plays, I'm sure he wants to just play for a team and get looks. With all the bouncing around I'm sure if he ended up a certain school up the road or possibly and god forbid at #302takeover, there would be an unending stream of Twitter posts to investigat,, but I'm sure there would be very little mention of it now 😉

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
And obviously I wish the kid best of luck wherever he plays, I'm sure he wants to just play for a team and get looks. With all the bouncing around I'm sure if he ended up a certain school up the road or possibly and god forbid at #302takeover, there would be an unending stream of Twitter posts to investigat,, but I'm sure there would be very little mention of it now 😉
yeah @TwidderPhil can just zip it for awhile...🤐

We should be thankful….if it wasn’t for TwidderPhil this last year we wouldn’t have had DMA and Middletown discussions for a year lol….shocked he hasn’t called out Dover for talking to a particular stud from Milford about coming up North.
psst.. I don't really want him to zip it.. just being funny..

well.... did the Milf stud go north or not? Dover moms want to know..

He did not…they also tried for a kid from Lake Forest….they did “hire” an Asst from the Dover area league so I’m sure that will help bring kids in….kind of like Middletown (not bashing) lol….they started a freshman on their O line …his dad just happens to run the MOT league …he lives in Appo High area…smart move by them….keep the dad happy…feed them talent lol
psst.. I don't really want him to zip it.. just being funny..

well.... did the Milf stud go north or not? Dover moms want to know..

He did not…they also tried for a kid from Lake Forest….they did “hire” an Asst from the Dover area league so I’m sure that will help bring kids in….kind of like Middletown (not bashing) lol….they started a freshman on their O line …his dad just happens to run the MOT league …he lives in Appo High area…smart move by them….keep the dad happy…feed them talent lol

It's been pretty much a given for awhile if you live in the MOT area and your good at soccer you choice to Appo, football choice to MT. Middletown used to keep the old MOT football boss happy as well. Well until they didn't give him the job when MDP left.. Then he took his last boy and some players to RLCA :p

Last edited:
It's been pretty much a given for awhile if you live in the MOT area and your good at soccer you choice to Appo, football choice to MT. Middletown used to keep the old MOT football boss happy as well. Well until they didn't give him the job when MDP left.. Then he took his last boy and some players to RLCA :p

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Not sure Cape girls Lacrosse fits in with the rest of your list, best girls lacrosse feeder program in the state easily
The same could be said of Sallies soccer/lacrosse, Padua soccer, Caravel wrestling, and the other powerhouses. The best kids play on the same club teams, and they want to continue to play together in high school.

I also think people are overlooking the importance of the coaches. ADs need to hire the right coaches if they want to attract talentd players. It doesn't matter if the school is public, private, charter or vo-tech.

The same could be said of Sallies soccer/lacrosse, Padua soccer, Caravel wrestling, and the other powerhouses. The best kids play on the same club teams, and they want to continue to play together in high school.

I also think people are overlooking the importance of the coaches. ADs need to hire the right coaches if they want to attract talentd players. It doesn't matter if the school is public, private, charter or vo-tech.

i was referencing the fact the Cape players live in the school district not out of state.

This is the inaugural Will Knight Award preseason watch list for the state's top running back. This position coming into this season is loaded with talent vying for the top spot and they are ready to show off. So many so that I have a total of 31 players on the list!

Candidates plays predominantly at the running back position and has made exceptional contributions to his team in the past. Each week I will post top stats that I can find on the running back position. If I've left out someone, that has done exceptionally well in the past, feel free to add their name. If there is someone that has done exceptionally well during a given week is missed, please feel free to post their stats that can be validated. If you know someone on the list that has transferred schools or is no longer at the school please let me know.

Donovan Artis, sr., St. Mark's​

Quasim Benson, sr., St. Elizabeth​

Dahmir Byrd, sr., Mount Pleasant​

Michael Downes, jr., St. Elizabeth​

Markee Ellerbe, jr., Newark​

Zahbir Goggins, so., Glasgow​

Hayden Hall, sr., Indian River​

Matt Hanich, sr., St. Mark’s​

P.J. Henry, sr., Sussex Central​

Markell Holman, sr., Ceasar Rodney​

Maurki James, jr., Cape Henlopen​

Jakwon Kilby, jr., Dover​

Rahshan LaMons, jr., Tatnall​

Jazonte Levan, jr., Seaford​

Andrew Long, sr., Sussex Central​

TJ Martin, sr., St. Mark's​

Daniel McConomy, sr., Appoquinimink​

Craig Miller, jr., Caravel​

Bruno Nyandemo, sr., Polytech​

Michael Pearson III, sr., Middletown​

Dominick Pietlock, sr., Tower Hill​

Giovanni Ramirez, jr., McKean​

Josh Roberson, sr., Middletown​

Jaryn Sample, sr., Sussex Tech​

Nate Schurga-Goodwin, sr., Conrad​

Kris Shields, sr., Sussex Central​

Breon Simms, sr., Red Lion Christian​

Calif Spencer, sr., Lake Forest​

Dha-Feir Watts-Henry, sr., DMA​

Dajour White, jr., Newark​

Jerah Wright, jr., Concord​

Can someone from here start helping Brad Myers with his lists please? Good lord

Someone is really giving this kid some bad advice. Should have never left UD

Something must have happened at UCONN. Seems awful abrupt and very late to enter the portal. He was RB2 on the depth chart and by all reports was probably going be sharing carries with RB1. Kind of a lightning and thunder duo. He is already off UCONN's roster and his number has been given to another RB.. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I agree totally! Who is in this kid's ear? This is a sad story of a very talented kid.

You guys are assuming the leaving schools are by his choice. There could be some things academically or otherwise that we are not aware of. Or maybe he is just chasing the carrot.. Who knows.. 🤷‍♂️

At this point the league is probably not going to happen so here's to hoping he is able to settle in somewhere, buckle down and use the talent he has to get a meaningful employable degree.

You guys are assuming the leaving schools are by his choice. There could be some things academically or otherwise that we are not aware of. Or maybe he is just chasing the carrot.. Who knows.. 🤷‍♂️

At this point the league is probably not going to happen so here's to hoping he is able to settle in somewhere, buckle down and use the talent he has to get a meaningful employable degree.
How many times can you transfer and not sit out a season? I believe he sat out one season. I thought that a player could transfer one time without having to sit out, if the student was not a graduate transfer. Or is that only for the FBS schools?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT