ADVERTISEMENT

Inaugural Will Knight Award preseason watch list.

@SmyrnaOnTop has gone mum..

giphy.gif
It is interesting how quiet they are when they are the the one in question lol

Do you need a waiver if you move? I heard his mom moved out of Camden earlier this month…. Not sure if true but sounds like “home life” isn’t the best for him.

I hope he lands in a good place for him. He appeared to be a really good running back. I never seen him play before but I was looking forward to seeing him this year. I hate to see our Delaware kids go out of state but maybe he should go to
Nuemann Goretti. Apparently they lost their starting RB. That coach seems to do well with our Delaware Boys. Smh.

Heard a lot of things about him and doesn’t seem like it was by the book. Hopefully it all works out for the kid but let’s be honest seems like the kid just wanted to play for Smyrna and Smyrna found a way for him to get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: DEfootballFan6
"Smyrnaontop will most certainly go into hiding!"

I sure hope not she committed to the DELHS CP

Last edited:
I’ve been busy at work 🤦‍♂️. With that out the way I believe that if Markell does transfer to us that would not be good and would be considered taking away the integrity of the game. However what I have heard is that he was the one reaching out to Us not us reaching out to him.
That’s a lie. There is a specific coach on the staff reaching out to kids with their 7v7 program. Even tried to get Tiberi to get there, he also brought a few Hodgson kids there last season. So let’s not preach this Smyrna has “integrity” I’ve heard what Marks has said to kids to try and get them there. Proof of me knowing, my nephew is Jermaine Earl, he didn’t move down there his senior year.

Dang, silly me…I thought your job was to bash other programs not named Smyrna. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I will try to do better, pinky swear !!! 😏

• Haha
Reactions: Dback2500
That’s a lie. There is a specific coach on the staff reaching out to kids with their 7v7 program. Even tried to get Tiberi to get there, he also brought a few Hodgson kids there last season. So let’s not preach this Smyrna has “integrity” I’ve heard what Marks has said to kids to try and get them there. Proof of me knowing, my nephew is Jermaine Earl, he didn’t move down there his senior year.

Earl I forgot about that one. Hope he is doing well. Great player and big loss for CA when he split on both sides of the ball. Honestly I thought he was a great DB and Smyrna should have played him both ways but of course they don't do that. He used his free xfer when he went from Newark to CA not sure how he got a waiver to xfer to Smyrna as a Sr. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: Dback2500
Speaking of integrity , if you have a game Saturday and your second string kicker gets in a big fight Thursday before said game ,and gets suspended, would he still be able to play in the game Saturday?

Speaking of integrity , if you have a game Saturday and your second string kicker gets in a big fight Thursday before said game ,and gets suspended, would he still be able to play in the game Saturday?

You cannot play while you are suspended from school. So it would depend on how long the suspension was. If he/she was suspended for only the rest of Thursday and Friday then I don't think DIAA would have a say and it would be up to the integrity of the coach to play the player. If the player received let's say a 3 day suspension from school then no the player would not be eligible to play and if the player did play in the game then the game would have to be forfeited (if it was caught or self reported)

2.3.5 A student may not participate in a practice, scrimmage, or contest during the time a suspension, either in school or out of school, is in effect or during the time the student is assigned to an alternative school for disciplinary reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerman7
Or is it normal practice to get into a fight in school, borderline assault , and they say we will have a hearing the following Tuesday. Now I been in a few buildings and if offense occurs on Thursday, action for conveniences take place the same day. It’s old but since we talking integrity feel free to speak Eagle nation.

Or is it normal practice to get into a fight in school, borderline assault , and they say we will have a hearing the following Tuesday. Now I been in a few buildings and if offense occurs on Thursday, action for conveniences take place the same day. It’s old but since we talking integrity feel free to speak Eagle nation.
👀👀 I forgot all about that.

Just watch people throw stones ,and the whole time they got a glass house! Just interesting ……

Of course. That is is what makes these forums fun and entertaining. It's like a MTV Real World reality drama for high school football fans. Think of me as the producer...sometimes I have to stoke the fires so to speak to get the Nielson ratings up. Especially during "Sweeps Week".. lol of course we do serious sports talk and call out the bullshit as well but the drama drives the ship

Of course. That is is what makes these forums fun and entertaining. It's like a MTV Real World reality drama for high school football fans. Think of me as the producer...sometimes I have to stoke the fires so to speak to get the Nielson ratings up. Especially during "Sweeps Week".. lol of course we do serious sports talk and call out the bullshit as well but the drama drives the ship
You know some people consider those producers to be the worst people in the world lmao.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
What are you talking about 😆😆😆😆 None of this is true. Tiberi, Markel and others were not recruited to go to Smyrna.

• Haha
I think what he was talking about was a certain star player got into an altercation with a fellow teammate and then took the opposing teammate helmet off and hit it his teammate with it (Myles Garrett vs. Mason Rudolph) two days before the state championship. The school board decided to address the issue AFTER the championship game. Not the Markell or Earl circumstance

I think what he was talking about was a certain star player got into an altercation with a fellow teammate and then took the opposing teammate helmet off and hit it his teammate with it (Myles Garrett vs. Mason Rudolph) two days before the state championship. The school board decided to address the issue AFTER the championship game. Not the Markell or Earl circumstance
Why do we dance around everything? We’re talking about Edge, right?

We are talking about the situation , the kids involved is a mute point! How does this happen at the school that has NO flaws? Oh they got spoiled after a history of mediocrity and three years on top!!!

What are you talking about 😆😆😆😆 None of this is true. Tiberi, Markel and others were not recruited to go to Smyrna.
Oh, really is that so? I guess the conversation that I had with Tiberi dad was all bullshit. The short coach on Smyrna staff is the one who I’m referring to with a 7v7 program with Markel and Tiberi both on his team 😂😂

We are talking about the situation , the kids involved is a mute point! How does this happen at the school that has NO flaws? Oh they got spoiled after a history of mediocrity and three years on top!!!
I thought this “fight” happened at practice ? If so, why would one be suspended?

The fight happened in locker room, kids fight at the bus stop, they get suspended, kids fight at school dance , they get suspended. So just what does a fight in a locker room where someone gets hit with a helmet eliminate a suspension? But I will love to hear your theory on this

And for the record it was well known going into game! But no one on the opposition said a thing , they played them at full strength. Just for record , this is brought back up because some people have glass houses and need to be reminded.

And for the record it was well known going into game! But no one on the opposition said a thing , they played them at full strength. Just for record , this is brought back up because some people have glass houses and need to be reminded

Wait what? I haven't heard about this! So it's not the 2nd string kicker?

SO if I got this right Edge got in a fight in the locker room which resulted in him hitting another kid in the head with a helmet the Thursday before the State Championship game and Smyrna brass thought it was ok to address it the following week after the game? And furthermore allowed the player/players involved to actually play in the game?

If this is remotely the case then that is unbelievable and everyone involved with the decision should be fired. There is no way that can happen.

Sheesh and does that shed a different light on that players decision to leave school early and enroll early in college. Like was that done to avoid this going on his high school disciplinary record?

please tell me this isn't the case.. man at least Middletown won..probably lucky for the player and Smyrna otherwise if Smyrna had won the 💩would have definitely hit the fan on this one. if its true of course

Last edited:
I thought this “fight” happened at practice ? If so, why would one be suspended?

From Smyrna's code of conduct.. which pretty much mirrors all public schools.. most privates have a zero tolerance policy like if you even raise your hand to strike someone your out. Even Red Lion fired AD/HC Eric Day for not reporting a fight in the locker room after practice which would have led to those players being expelled. He tried to discipline the players after practice by running and praying or whatever but the RLCA brass found out about the fight and fired Day immediately.

The following Discipline Code of Conduct is in force: 
On school property prior to, during, and following regular, school hours. 
While students are on a school bus for any purpose. 
At all Smyrna High School-sponsored events and other activities at which school administrators or staff have jurisdiction over students. 
Off-School Property resulting in criminal charges.

Wait what? I haven't heard about this! So it's not the 2nd string kicker?

SO if I got this right Edge got in a fight in the locker room which resulted in him hitting another kid in the head with a helmet the Thursday before the State Championship game and Smyrna brass thought it was ok to address it the following week after the game? And furthermore allowed the player/players involved to actually play in the game?

If this is remotely the case then that is unbelievable and everyone involved with the decision should be fired. There is no way that can happen.

Sheesh and does that shed a different light on that players decision to leave school early and enroll early in college. Like was that done to avoid this going on his high school disciplinary record?

please tell me this isn't the case.. man at least Middletown won..probably lucky for the player and Smyrna otherwise if Smyrna had won the 💩would have definitely hit the fan on this one. if its true of course
All I know is that friends of my son, who play for smyrna, told him that he did get in a fight Thursday before the game and they didn't do anything about it until after the game was played.

• Sad
All I know is that friends of my son, who play for smyrna, told him that he did get in a fight Thursday before the game and they didn't do anything about it until after the game was played.

Man what lessons are we teaching these kids today? No wonder some these kids/young adults act like they do..

d277e6a6-46c0-41a8-9f7e-96b7b4b4506d_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT