ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Season is on

You are correct. If Friends wins out the only way they lose the number one seed is for someone on the Friends schedule like Saint Andrews or Tower Hill to drop to .500 or lower. If that happens and the Sals beat CR then I think Sals are number 1

Too bad Appo lost to Wilson West Lawn this year. An Appo victory would have helped the Delaware schools in the computer rankings. Also the Sals lose to Garden City is looking better (if that's possible) as Garden City is up to 21 in the computer poll.

I have:
Friends, 46 pts /15 games, 3.06
Archmere, 39 pts/14 games, 2.79
Appo, 41 pts, 15 games, 2.73
Sals, 38 pts/14 games, 2.71
Cape, 36 pts/15 games, 2.40
Obviously I made some assumptions about the future games. Friends over Cape, Sals over CR.
Math be off, did this quickly off laxpower info.

I just left the Sals - CR game with the Sals up 15 - 3 mid way through the 4th period. How was CR able to beat Cape? Was anyone at that game?

I wasn't at Cape CR but I've heard a few things. The obvious part is the rivalry aspect. Second, just different matchup and scenarios. From opinions I heard, Cape beats CR in a 7 game series if they played one basically. CR just had the better night against Cape. Regarding Cape/Sals, Cape goalie was incredible, and they played well.

This looks to be about where everyone should stand right now in point index.
1. Friends
2. Sals (if in fact they finish with a 2.71. I don't know all of their OOS opponent's records)
3. Appo
4. Cape
5. Archmere
6. CR.
7. DMA
8. Polytech
9. TH
10. Dover

11-21: Charter, Milford, Conrad, Red Lion, St. Andrews, St. E's, Concord, Caravel, Tatnall, IR, and Newark. These teams look like the one's fighting to get in the tournament right now.

Charter has two tough games left (RL and Friends). Needing to win at least one to get in. They would fall to about 1.8 if they lose out.

Milford and Conrad are probably in already if my math is right. Both have tough games that could help their seeding if they win.

RL may already be in as well and a win over Charter in their final game could get them as high as an 11 seed.

St. E's and Concord are right there. Wins in their final games should get them in. Concord has Conrad tomorrow.

Caravel vs. St Andrews is a big final game for Caravel. A win helps their chances.

Mid way through the 3rd period I thought Cape was the better team. They were up 7-4 at that point. Then Friends scored seconds after a flag was thrown on Cape. Friends won the face off and quickly scored on the man up and from then on Friends was like a different team. Crisp passing on attack and relentless D. I was very impressed. The better team won.

Bracket is out!

Top half of the bracket looks WIDE open...could see winner of Cape/Archmere give Friends a tough game...those 3 teams were all close with each other this year.

Bottom half is obviously Appo/Sals...teams need to get the GC and Cape vs Sals tapes if they want to knock them off...gonna be tough though

Sals is still the favorite to win the tournament even as the #2 but this year will be fun to watch!

Surprised CR beat Cape and won the Henlopen conference but came in a 6 seed other than that the bracket looks good.

I'd guess having St. Marks and Middletown in their schedule is what keeps out of top 5. Wasted non-conf slots. Both good teams, but their records don't keep CR from needed extra points?

Surprised CR beat Cape and won the Henlopen conference but came in a 6 seed other than that the bracket looks good.

CR at 6th seems about right from games I saw - Appo and Sallies rolled them. Cape played both much better.

First round seems pretty clear.
The only quarter final that seems tough to call is Cape / Archmere at Cape.
I can see whoever wins that one beating Friends in the upper bracket semis and going to the final.
Sals and Appo seem a lock in the lower bracket. If Appo is healthy for the semi, they could get to final.
But, based on last year, there can always be first round surprises.

Haven't seen Sallies play this year. A ppo has 2 outstanding D poles and 2 outstanding attackmen.One could probably give Drake a run for player of the year! Sallies offense runs through Drake. Lock him off or at least slow him down and Appo may have a chance. See how they play against CR Sat. Crushed them in reg season.

Haven't seen Sallies play this year. A ppo has 2 outstanding D poles and 2 outstanding attackmen.One could probably give Drake a run for player of the year! Sallies offense runs through Drake. Lock him off or at least slow him down and Appo may have a chance. See how they play against CR Sat. Crushed them in reg season.

Sallies offense is great but D took a big step back. Appo will score in them.

I have seen Appo wouldn't call thier D Poles "outstanding", good yes but not outstanding. Drake and Sallies will score. Probably a shoot out this year.

To me if Appo upsets them it will be because of FOGO Jadick. Kid was killing Sallies last year until they moved Lyons to face off. Lyons let him win then smacked the ball loose. No Lyons this year.

Last time Sallies lost was to Cape in a similar game - they were vulnerable and focused too much on one player - Benson - I could see that happening this year with Cross Ferrera. They do that and Bowens will score 4-5 goals.

FO from Appo that did well in the '16 finals graduated. The junior that took over this year is decent too, but a different kid.

FOGO is such a huge part of the game so if Appo hopes to end the Sallies streak of 10 straight final appearances they are going to have to dominate at face off. I saw a replay of the Sals Cape game. Cape had possession after a majority of face offs and almost pulled the upset. Outstanding play by the Cape goalie was a factor as well but getting and keeping possession against the Sals is critical if Appo hopes to beat them. If Appo can keep the Sals under 10 goals Appo can win. I don't think that will happen but it could.

Sallies lost 2 good middies from last years team but are still loaded offensively. Defensively lost 2 d1 poles (both highly overrated if you ask me) but are still the favorite to win the tournament.

Think Appo/Sals semi is the true championship like Archmere/Sals semi was last year...Friends is undefeated but has no shot vs Appo/Sals winner if they even make it to the finals

What are the biggest upset alerts?

Reactions: TheGoldenEagle
I see the winner of Cape/Archmere quarterfinal coming out of the top side of the bracket, and sals coming out of the bottom. Look for a close championship game with the winner being decided based on play between the restraining lines.

Dover will win

Poly is higher seed but that's an upset in my book if they win.

Tatnall almost sunk the titanic tonight. Refs factored in too much though. 11-7 appo

Tatnall isn't bad, good FO and GK, packed into a zone and just tried to stay close. Appo starting gk got a penalty and they never put him back in. Backup struggled early. Refs thought they were on espn2

Friends 11 Charter 0

The mobile Lax Power app just posted the Conrad - Archmere score as a victory for Conrad. I am assuming that is a mistake? Was anyone at the game who can confirm the score?

2 points for a win. 2 bonus points for each opponent with a .701 winning percentage or higher. 1 bonus point for each opponent with a winning percentage of .501 or higher. Total the points and divide by the number of games played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT