ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Season is on

Quarters:
Sals/DMA at Baynard, Not much question here
Archmere/Cape, round 2 at Cape, best game of quarters?
Appo/CR, round 2 at Appo, which CR will show up?
Friends/Tower Hill, round 3 at Friends, TH needs some magic for an upset.

Archmere Cape winner is going to play Sallies in the finals

You are not even giving Friends a chance?? What is the thought process there, Friends is undefeated and have beaten both Archmere and Cape. I am not saying it will be easy, but to completely count them out already seems crazy. All quarterfinal match-ups should be fun to watch..

Reactions: 84rider
You are not even giving Friends a chance?? What is the thought process there, Friends is undefeated and have beaten both Archmere and Cape. I am not saying it will be easy, but to completely count them out already seems crazy. All quarterfinal match-ups should be fun to watch..
Cape knows when to bring it come postseason time and already has the Friends loss marked on their calendar. Archmere is also another special team that looks on making the semi finals in back to back years

As I mentioned in a previous post I thought Cape was a better team than Friends until midway through the 3rd period of their game. Then Friends totally dominated the last 18 minutes or so outscoring Cape 6 to 1. If that's the Friends team that shows up the rest of the way they will make it to the finals and give the Sals (assuming the Sals get past Appo) a great game.

Salesianum's 8-2 loss to Garden City is not as bad as it once looked now that Garden City has moved up to #15 in the Lax Power Poll. Still can't believe the Sals were held to 2 goals.

Speaking of elite, is it too early to make All State projections?
1st team:
Attack; Ferrara, Drake, Bowen
Mids: B Hobbs, Stevenson, Stancofski
FO: Zolper
LSM: Salameda
D: Udovich, Blaszkow, Gatti
Goalie: Emmi

Reactions: CippyCup7
Didnt Blaszkow graduate last year? D pole spot goes to the other Bowen over Gatti. Bowen was 2nd team last year. Dont know if Gatti jumps from Honerable mention to 1st team.

Blaszkow is a 2017. Agree that Bowen would be 1st team vs Gatti.
Goalie is tough. Givens deserves consideration. Friends goalie is freshman so he has time.

Someone help me out here.....Having coffee with some of the guys at a coffee shop and my friend with the paper here says I am wrong on the Sals/DMA score. The WNJ has it 18-4. But that was the score after the 3rd. The Sals scored in the 4th to make it 19-4. Was anyone else at the game? Did they take a goal off the board after I left?

Both CR and Cape benefit from tougher quarter final games than Friends and Sals. Sals is used to high pressure games and theirs will be a good game. Friends has some good senior leadership and has shown grit this year but their offense is young and outcome will depend on their response to pressure.

I saw the CR, Salesianum game a week or so ago. Unless CR was missing some very important players in that game I find it very difficult to believe that CR has any shot at all at beating the Sals.

CR has no shot! Sorry.

so what, they should forfeit the game.....they had no shot against appo but thats why they play the game. the sals are the pinnacle of De lacrosse no doubt but CR will come to play.

Not by any means Iam saying CR does not have a chance of beating Sallies, but if I was a betting man I know who I'd put my money on.I hope you do beat them!

@LaxDadOf3, it's all good, if I was a betting man I'd go in with you, just being a homer...lol, I think or should I say I hope this one is a more competitive the the last romp

Reactions: LaxDadOf3
During the Sals romp over CR the Sal's FOGOs won almost every face off. CR "has" to do a better job winning more possessions to have a chance.

CR came to play but as I said before the Sals are the pinnacle of De lacrosse. CR had a descent season, in the words of Gen MacArthur " we shall return " good luck to Sals, I really like the way they rep De with their challenging schedule in the surrounding states, they are battle tested.

Did anyone see the Cape Friends game. After watching the first game between these two I am surprised by the score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT