ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Season is on

After Sals got a comfortable lead in the first quarter it was even the last three quarters. Teams play differently when leading or trailing in a game.
Cape players played very well last night at all phases of the game. They never let up and the final score showed.

After Sals got a comfortable lead in the first quarter it was even the last three quarters. Teams play differently when leading or trailing in a game.
Cape players played very well last night at all phases of the game. They never let up and the final score showed.

I surrender in my dealings with dovetail. My sense is that this is the Cape's year. It's like a destiny thing....

Cape's unique faceoff strategy, offensive depth and goalie are extremely fun to watch. That was my 4th time seeing them and it's the same formula every time.

They match up well but Sals is a sleeping giant. They look beatable in box scores and in time of possession but they can get whatever they want , whenever they want for the most part.

They are a 3-loss team and those 3 losses are to ridiculous programs.

I'd guess when all settled Stancofski and B.Hobbs will go head-to-head, Mocci will draw M.Drake, Hammerer will play Witherell and Zolper will work on Pat Drake.

Chad Cannon and Jake Brown are two extremely underrated players for both teams.

Both teams have MVP caliber goalies.

I don't like to toot my own horn but I'm tooting it right here, "Whoever wins the Cape Archmere game goes to play Sallies in the final" Congrats Sallies on the state chip as the Slowskys are too much for Cape better luck next year gents

Rooting for Cape but barring the perfect game there not beating Sallies.

Sallies isn't a good this year as last year, specifically on D, but their offense with Drake's and Witherall can light it up and will today. The key will can Cape score with them.

Reality is there are probably 50 high end players in DE - kids that play high end travel for Mesa, Freedom, NXT, 91, Hawks, HHH, Tri State, Dukes, etc - and 20+ of them play for Sallies and the rest are spread across the other teams. To be honest it's not even that fair its like David vs Goliath.

So I am rooting for David - Cape.

Reactions: Jawnsky
Where can I find the game on line so I can see the replay? Missed my first final in 15 years.

eagle, I swear your boys looked lethargic in the last 3 quarters against CR on Thursday. Let's face it -I am an expert in FB but am clueless about Lax.
I admire your expert opinion and your humility. Happy the Slowskys did not get "bullied" again. A quick view of the WDEL posted video seems to show some fast players?

I am surprised Patrick Drake is only Honorable Mention.

100% agree but at least there isn't anything completely ridiculous above him.

All of the top teams are repped well, Sals guys could all be a bit higher. #1 on Sals is HM caliber, so obviously P.Drake should be higher. Just my opinion, not disrespecting any players but P.Drake could be considered better than both Archmere attackman and the young Cape attacker.

Cape and CR don't have enough A or M, but who do you drop.

Doogan is a nice player, but there's a senior CR attackman that probably scored 50 goals this year and didn't get anything.

I agree. Who would you pass over? P. Drake may not have the stats of others but he definitely has the skills. He plays against better defenders then the rest of the non Salesianum attackmen and is not the focal point of the Sals attack so does not have the chance to put up gaudy stats. All that said he at least made HM but should be higher.

McNeil is a very good player as is Harper but Stancofski should have gotten the nod over one these two.

100% agree but at least there isn't anything completely ridiculous above him.

All of the top teams are repped well, Sals guys could all be a bit higher. #1 on Sals is HM caliber, so obviously P.Drake should be higher. Just my opinion, not disrespecting any players but P.Drake could be considered better than both Archmere attackman and the young Cape attacker.

Cape and CR don't have enough A or M, but who do you drop.

Doogan is a nice player, but there's a senior CR attackman that probably scored 50 goals this year and didn't get anything.

Josh Cosdon CR junior had a great season, definitely worthy of mention looking at the list, big snub imo

Reactions: Tarzan79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT