ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Top Teams Coaching Changes

You think the administration cares about sports championships?
I’ll take the coach that understands the college recruiting process and puts kids in best position to play in college if it’s D1,D2 or D3. Not the coach who can sit at Buffalo Wild Wings on a Thursday night and puff his chest out and talk about how he beat a rival while throwing a kid 90 pitches in March when it’s 38 degrees out. High school baseball is spring training for the summer and fall.
You must be new 85 pitches is the limit in March

I believe from what I am reading and am understanding, the term "Daddy Ball" doesn't really include all "Dads" that are Coaches. There are dads out there that can coach an entire team to victory and included their son. In the Appo situation I believe they are referring to a dad that put in for the position, who is seen yelling during the game and is intimidating to the kids. It doesn't matter what level you played ball at or how much you know about baseball and recruiting if you have kids hoping this guy isn't coaching because they know he won't be fair. You need a coach who can coach the team and not coach the team around his kid.

Well if it is him, congrats to him and I wish he and Appo Best of Luck! He is young so hopefully he will have a long productive career at Appo.

I just looked up Torres and the only thing I see is he played ball at Harford and Wilmington University. Not sure if he coached anywhere or not.

Mike Torres is a Middletown graduate...played at Salem CC, Harford and then Wilmington...last year was a coach at Goldey Beacom and comes highly recommended by 3 former AHS coaches..Cunningham, Trate and Marriott...a young guy with knowledge and likeable...no connections (kids on the team) and the players will like him...not sure who he has in mind to help him but know Muscara (AD and asst coach last year and previously was at Newark Charter is back along with Shinton (the JV coach)...Appo made a good choice

Well that was a lot to catch up on.

Don’t know much about Torres but sounds like it’s a good hire. Good for those kids since they certainly have the talent to compete for a state title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT