ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Semi Final Scores

It was a tough game and yes there were plenty of mistakes made but man you are talking about a 17 year old kid who in the end didn't have a great game that is not cool. Catching a punt at the 3, blown assignment that lead to a wide open TD, those plays were on them. The fumbled punt that archmere dropped because he was hit by his own man and was a flag on DMA was a bad call. The late hit out of bounds was not a late hit. And the flag at the end should not have been called. And this is not me, this was the 302 guys watching the game who disagreed with those calls. Once again Archmere capitalized on mistakes and came away with the win and good on them, best of luck to them next week. But if you enjoy coming on and bashing coaches, schools, and kids you do you buddy
I do agree that naming players for a play that goes against or Personal foul etc. should be left out. Praise the good.

do need to add one point. When you come into a new situation, into a new state, do what you want act how you like.
when you are public, an announce every chance you get- social media, print or radio/TV and your slogan is 302takeover?
Yes you will get people that don’t like it.
then on top of that you tell everyone it’s about the chip- publicly again. Ok, that’s how you roll. So now it comes full circle. No 302 take over. Not even a New Castle County or greater Wilmington take over!
What was taken over was an already good program that had talent. Maybe,just maybe, with some humility-could have,would have, win that Chip.
if you need to Chirp, do it after you have something to Chirp about.

I do agree that naming players for a play that goes against or Personal foul etc. should be left out. Praise the good.

do need to add one point. When you come into a new situation, into a new state, do what you want act how you like.
when you are public, an announce every chance you get- social media, print or radio/TV and your slogan is 302takeover?
Yes you will get people that don’t like it.
then on top of that you tell everyone it’s about the chip- publicly again. Ok, that’s how you roll. So now it comes full circle. No 302 take over. Not even a New Castle County or greater Wilmington take over!
What was taken over was an already good program that had talent. Maybe,just maybe, with some humility-could have,would have, win that Chip.
if you need to Chirp, do it after you have something to Chirp about.
Hey I get it there are people that get ruffled by that type of personality. It has never bothered me and if there are other coaches that are like that it wouldn't bother me either. And you're right it does open you up to criticism if you don't win it all. But I think that people that have this personality also expect the criticism. In the end Saturday ended up a really good game between a couple of really good teams. It was really exciting and enjoyable even being a fan of the losing side. We have the Smyrna/Middletown, Dover/CR type of games. Maybe over the next few years Archmere /DMA can become that type of game, because if every game can be like the one they had on Saturday it would be worth thenpricenof admission every time.

I always thought the 302takeover stuff was like a Delaware traveling 7v7 team or something from the summer.. lol

It's been used before for other things. Whenever someone makes it out of Delaware they kind of add it to their Twitter or IG. A few people did it when the Sallies basketball lkayer got drafted or guys from UD make the NFL. Also seen rappers from delaware do it too. It's probably something Coach Lincoln saw and liked and used it as a mantra for his players.

Interesting he comes from a program that always has allegations surrounding them. He didn't win chip with that stacked roster of 10 D1's and what not IMHOTEP always has. He lost a couple chips though. Coincidently IMHOTEP is about to win the chip this year. Didn't do much at Penn Wood either. I kind of agree dude does do a lot of chirping for someone who hasn't won one yet and has bounced around some. Where did he play football? I can't find anything on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: trapblock22
Maybe someone can help me out here? When you buy tickets at UD is it assigned seats? Or just buy your general admission ticket and find a place that can fit everyone? Not everyone is gonna be staying for al 4 games and I’m sure people are gonna seat where they like unless it’s the box seats where you pay extra.

this isn’t a college game and people are gonna be coming and going all day so I wouldn’t think the actual seats and rows don’t mean anything

He played high school ball in Virginia and did lead his team to a state title down there as their QB. I believed he played D-3 for college ball. And when he took over Penn Wood they were 0-10 then went 3-7 then 7-4 so they did improve. He has not won a state title as a head coach but I don't believe that diminishes the type of coach he is. They had talented players before he got there and getting a new coach could have derailed them but it didn't. The kids love playing for him and bought in. Who knows if DMA will ever when a state title with or without him, but as long as the players believe they can with him I think that is what is important. And in the end if there is any truths to any alleged illegal recruiting then DMA will have the option of firing him.

Maybe someone can help me out here? When you buy tickets at UD is it assigned seats? Or just buy your general admission ticket and find a place that can fit everyone? Not everyone is gonna be staying for al 4 games and I’m sure people are gonna seat where they like unless it’s the box seats where you pay extra.

this isn’t a college game and people are gonna be coming and going all day so I wouldn’t think the actual seats and rows don’t mean anything
I imagine it is anywhere, when I've gone to the blue gold game it was sit wherever. I donknownit said that $10 gets admission for all of the games though

He played high school ball in Virginia and did lead his team to a state title down there as their QB. I believed he played D-3 for college ball. And when he took over Penn Wood they were 0-10 then went 3-7 then 7-4 so they did improve. He has not won a state title as a head coach but I don't believe that diminishes the type of coach he is. They had talented players before he got there and getting a new coach could have derailed them but it didn't. The kids love playing for him and bought in. Who knows if DMA will ever when a state title with or without him, but as long as the players believe they can with him I think that is what is important. And in the end if there is any truths to any alleged illegal recruiting then DMA will have the option of firing him.

Played at Bridgewater College (never heard of it) well he was on the team in 2005 and 2006 but didn't see the field much. Now that doesn't mean he can't be a fine coach that would be silly of course he can be. Just was curious where all that bravado may have come from. You know there are some people that think Delaware football is weak and that they can come in here and teach us how it's done in the big states .. 302takeover.. lol

Hey if Uncle Rico can come out of the woodworks and lead the Eagles to a win then anything is possible..

03773a1e0bd040686793be6a7ef73eb7.jpg

GettyImages-1344687135-1024x683.jpeg

Last edited:
Played at Bridgewater College (never heard of it) well he was on the team in 2005 and 2006 but didn't see the field much. Now that doesn't mean he can't be a fine coach that would be silly of course he can be. Just was curious where all that bravado may have come from. You know there are some people that think Delaware football is weak and that they can come in here and teach us how it's done in the big states .. 302takeover.. lol

Hey if Uncle Rico can come out of the woodworks and lead the Eagles to a win then anything is possible..

I think the test, like him or not, like the style or not, will come down to offers because that is where Delaware Football IS weak. If it wasnt, then those players wouldnt leave to go to NG and Camden. A coach has to win but also has an obligation to work to get his guys known and recruited. He has proven that in other roles. It is TBD if it will be done at DMA. I think the bravado or swag comes from coaching inner city kids, those players respond to that style vs old school wing T, 2 yards and a cloud of dust. This is evident if you have ever watched 7v7. I see the good and bad though, everyone hates your team but the kids love playing for the coach

All I know is if I go missing BiB I want you on the case to come and find me. I don't think the cops could do a better job

Not a native Delawarean, and not related to Uncle Rico, but it seems that DMA has generated more discussion lately than other schools/coaches.

What is interesting that i belie that this is the 4th coach at DMA in less than 10 years. I forget the coaches name before ryan, but then Ryan, McCardle and now Lincoln. That usually indicates something else is going on with the school, program, alumni or boosters. Someone donated a ton of money for that beautiful stadium and I would guess expects to win.

Not a native Delawarean, and not related to Uncle Rico, but it seems that DMA has generated more discussion lately than other schools/coaches.

What is interesting that i belie that this is the 4th coach at DMA in less than 10 years. I forget the coaches name before ryan, but then Ryan, McCardle and now Lincoln. That usually indicates something else is going on with the school, program, alumni or boosters. Someone donated a ton of money for that beautiful stadium and I would guess expects to win.
The coach before Mike Ryan was Joe Aviola, who left for St. Elizabeth after the retirement of Joe Hemphill.

Anthony Fusco's foundation donated most of the money for the field and the dome. He's about 90 years old and has given millions to just about any nonprofit or charity you can think of. Having met him, I doubt he cares whether DMA wins or not. More likely, he views the stadium as an asset to the school and larger community. I'd be willing to bet his foundation has given money to a dozen schools in Delaware over the years.

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s been that way before but they’ve never used to site before and just checking
Tickets for general admission are $10. Club seating is $20. According to the UD website, club seats are those just above the hedges. If you leave, you need to buy another ticket to get back in. And don't forget to bring your proof of vaccination or a negative test result from within 72 hours of kickoff. Home tests are not accepted.

The coach before Mike Ryan was Joe Aviola, who left for St. Elizabeth after the retirement of Joe Hemphill.

Anthony Fusco's foundation donated most of the money for the field and the dome. He's about 90 years old and has given millions to just about any nonprofit or charity you can think of. Having met him, I doubt he cares whether DMA wins or not. More likely, he views the stadium as an asset to the school and larger community. I'd be willing to bet his foundation has given money to a dozen schools in Delaware over the years.

Sallies, DMA, Usruline, Padua, St Edmonds, Aquinas Academy, Nativity Prep, Sussex-Academy, Great Oaks Academy, St Anthony's just to name a few schools along with numerous charities. You would be hard pressed to find a charity they haven't given to.

I think the test, like him or not, like the style or not, will come down to offers because that is where Delaware Football IS weak. If it wasnt, then those players wouldnt leave to go to NG and Camden. A coach has to win but also has an obligation to work to get his guys known and recruited. He has proven that in other roles. It is TBD if it will be done at DMA. I think the bravado or swag comes from coaching inner city kids, those players respond to that style vs old school wing T, 2 yards and a cloud of dust. This is evident if you have ever watched 7v7. I see the good and bad though, everyone hates your team but the kids love playing for the coach

Well if getting kids football scholarships is what they are selling then that will definitely yet to be determined. Beyond all the twitter hype, slogans, mantras and what not it has been my experience being around and following this type of thing over the years. The programs that get known for and get kids football scholarships above the normal rate only do so after getting D1 talent to come to their school and/or someone in the program having some connections. Something that was accomplished at IMHOTEP and other schools of that ilk that are able to recruit talent to go there. Usually because of the connections to college recruiters/coaches , a National type schedule (or at least a couple games vs nationally relevant teams) to convince players they will have exposure. I don't know if they will be able to do at DMA like they do in Philly privates/charters, or WCAC, MIAA, BNU etc... You have to get the talent to come and that is hard to do in DE without coming under heavy scrutiny.. JMHO

And just FYI Delaware produces D1 offers per capita (per amount of high school football players) well above the National average. Usually ranked in the 8th-11th range. D1 scholarships vs how many players. Players go OOS because of a stigma or they think their chances are better elsewhere but the facts of the matter are they end up in the same spot as if the stayed most of the time. I can't think of very many cases where a kid left and it worked out all that well or better than what they would have had here. Basketball more than football. I could go through the list of players and result but don't have the time right now but chasing the greener grass usually ends up in more chasing. I have determined over the years it's usually better to grow where you were planted.

Maryland is skewed a bit because of St Frances. Pre them recruiting D1 players in (and from out of state), MD was in the same 5% range as DE,NJ, VA and PA

mqzmbel8w3jtjkotzsyr

Delaware at 5.1% has them ranked 10th here..

Last edited:

Thanks for the history lesson

Well if getting kids football scholarships is what they are selling then that will definitely yet to be determined. Beyond all the twitter hype, slogans, mantras and what not it has been my experience being around and following this type of thing over the years. The programs that get known for and get kids football scholarships above the normal rate only do so after getting D1 talent to come to their school and/or someone in the program having some connections. Something that was accomplished at IMHOTEP and other schools of that ilk that are able to recruit talent to go there. Usually because of the connections to college recruiters/coaches , a National type schedule (or at least a couple games vs nationally relevant teams) to convince players they will have exposure. I don't know if they will be able to do at DMA like they do in Philly privates/charters, or WCAC, MIAA, BNU etc... You have to get the talent to come and that is hard to do in DE without coming under heavy scrutiny.. JMHO

And just FYI Delaware produces D1 offers per capita (per amount of high school football players) well above the National average. Usually ranked in the 8th-11th range. D1 scholarships vs how many players. Players go OOS because of a stigma or they think their chances are better elsewhere but the facts of the matter are they end up in the same spot as if the stayed most of the time. I can't think of very many cases where a kid left and it worked out all that well or better than what they would have had here. Basketball more than football. I could go through the list of players and result but don't have the time right now but chasing the greener grass usually ends up in more chasing. I have determined over the years it's usually better to grow where you were planted.

Maryland is skewed a bit because of St Frances. Pre them recruiting D1 players in (and from out of state), MD was in the same 5% range

mqzmbel8w3jtjkotzsyr

Delaware at 5.1% has them ranked 10th here..
Thanks Bib, this is good info and makes sense, i guess its a wash too since some northern privates get PA and NJ kids too. Just dont see a ton of scouts in DE, seems like it is driven through 7v7, players and coaches making those connections to the colleges online and through camps . I know Lincoln has a track record of getting kids to college (all levels) and has guys he coached in the league. Can he do it in DE, 🤷‍♂️ Idk…I do know the previous guys although very safe and likeable, were NOT actively doing that and this resulted in very good players leaving the school for that greener grass you mentioned. Good coaches have to win but they also have a job to do the other 8 months which isnt often talked about. Always love your viewpoint on these things though, I like people that think and research before they post!

Reactions: Longagoplayer
Tickets for general admission are $10. Club seating is $20. According to the UD website, club seats are those just above the hedges. If you leave, you need to buy another ticket to get back in. And don't forget to bring your proof of vaccination or a negative test result from within 72 hours of kickoff. Home tests are not accepted.
That wasn’t what I was asking but thank you.

when you purchase a general admission ticket it makes you choose a seat. ITS NEVER had you do that before. If I buy Row “A,B,C etc….and when I get there and someone is in my seat can I make them move? Or is it when you get in find a seat and that’s where you are?

Thanks Bib, this is good info and makes sense, i guess its a wash too since some northern privates get PA and NJ kids too. Just dont see a ton of scouts in DE, seems like it is driven through 7v7, players and coaches making those connections to the colleges online and through camps . I know Lincoln has a track record of getting kids to college (all levels) and has guys he coached in the league. Can he do it in DE, 🤷‍♂️ Idk…I do know the previous guys although very safe and likeable, were NOT actively doing that and this resulted in very good players leaving the school for that greener grass you mentioned. Good coaches have to win but they also have a job to do the other 8 months which isnt often talked about. Always love your viewpoint on these things though, I like people that think and research before they post!
Thanks and hey I get it. There are a lot of HS coaches that will flat out tell you it is not their job to get your kid a football scholarship but that is not just in Delaware. In some respects they would be correct. Like I said if that is what you are selling to get players in then that is what will be expected and if you don't deliver then you will deal with some pretty upset parents and probably won't be there long.. just saying of course

That wasn’t what I was asking but thank you.

when you purchase a general admission ticket it makes you choose a seat. ITS NEVER had you do that before. If I buy Row “A,B,C etc….and when I get there and someone is in my seat can I make them move? Or is it when you get in find a seat and that’s where you are?
That is so weird that they are making you purchase specific seats. I guess technically if you want a certain seat and pick it and someone is sitting there they would have to move

There are a lot of HS coaches that will flat out tell you it is not their job to get your kid a football scholarship but that is not just in Delaware.

High School coaches should have the same mission as the school to prepare you for whatever athletic/academic goal you have to the best of your ability. The problem with most DE programs is they're not doing enough to prepare students or have the knowledge of the recruiting process. The other issue is that most kids don't have parent or family support to help get them to the next level. My advice for any freshman player coming into HS either for sports or academics is to meet with the school/coach and set your expectations. My conversation would go like this:

Hey, Principal/Coach my son/daughter wants to be a [Dr., Lawyer, Accountant, Beautician, etc.], and have the chance to attend an [Ivy, Public, Community or Juco] college or join the Military, and/or play [D1, D2, D3] sports. What programs do you have in place or track record that puts students in a position similar to my goals? I understand we have to also do our part; get good grades, SAT prep, have the athletic ability, attend camps, go to combines, get outside training, and reach out to colleges if necessary.

If the Principal/Coach doesn't answer your questions satisfactorily or looks at you like you're crazy you are at the wrong school?

Last edited:
High School coaches should have the same mission as the school to prepare you for whatever athletic/academic goal you have to the best of your ability. The problem with most DE programs is they're not doing enough to prepare students or have the knowledge of the recruiting process. The other issue is that most kids don't have parent or family support to help get them to the next level. My advice for any freshman player coming into HS either for sports or academics is to meet with the school/coach and set your expectations. My conversation would go like this:

Hey, Principal/Coach my son/daughter wants to be a [Dr., Lawyer, Accountant, Beautician, etc.], and have the chance to attend an [Ivy, Public, Community or Juco] college or join the Military, and/or play [D1, D2, D3] sports. What programs do you have in place or track the record that put students in a position similar to my goals? I understand we have to also do our part; get good grades, SAT prep, have the athletic ability, attend camps, go to combines, get outside training, and reach out to colleges if necessary.

If the Principal/Coach doesn't answer your questions satisfactorily or look at you like you're crazy you are at the wrong school?

Good stuff but you have to be pretty careful in that even suggesting your school/program is in any way superior than another in that regard is a rule violation

here is the rule

10.3 Permitted Activities

10.3.1 A school employee or Board approved volunteer may do the following:

10.3.1.2 Provide information concerning sports offered, facilities, conference affiliation, and general athletic policies. However, they are not permitted to state or imply in any way that their athletic program is superior to that of another school or that it would be more beneficial or advantageous for the prospective student to participate in athletics at their school.

I wonder if a coach says "we have placed more kids in Division 1 programs then any other school in the state", if this would be stating being superior or if it is an actual fact it would be viewed as stating a fact.

I wonder if a coach says "we have placed more kids in Division 1 programs then any other school in the state", if this would be stating being superior or if it is an actual fact it would be viewed as stating a fact.

That would fall under implying your program is superior or more advantageous because that would be the implication correct? I believe that is exactly what that rule is referencing.

Based off of reading that then you technically couldn't even say that "we've won the most state titles, or conference titles" or things along that line. That seems a little funny to me.

Based off of reading that then you technically couldn't even say that "we've won the most state titles, or conference titles" or things along that line. That seems a little funny to me.

That is the rule.. and you are right. You can list the years of your state championships on your website and hang banners in gym but cannot compare out or say anything like we have won more than anyone else etc..

Actually I was literally at a school inquiring about admission when DIAA came around and they were told they had to move the athletic trophies out of the main entrance hall case and put them back at the gym area.. no joke

Last edited:
That is the rule.. and you are right. Actually I was literally at a school inquiring about admission when DIAA came around and they were told they had to move the athletic trophies out of the main entrance hall case and put them back at the gym area.. no joke
I don't know about other states but you seem to have your research up pretty well, is it like this in a lot of places or is Delaware more strict

That is the rule.. and you are right. Actually I was literally at a school inquiring about admission when DIAA came around and they were told they had to move the athletic trophies out of the main entrance hall case and put them back at the gym area.. no joke
That's why I'm glad my kids are done DIAA is a joke!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
I don't know about other states but you seem to have your research up pretty well, is it like this in a lot of places or is Delaware more strict
Delaware is just small so everyone knows what everyone is up to..lol

Different states handle these issues differently. Maryland these types issues are handled at the county level for public schools. Private schools in Maryland are not affiliated with the state public association (MPSSAA) so they have their own rules on recruiting and transferring base on their leagues they are in

Almost all states it is on a self report basis. Most states don't have school choice so the rules breakers are those caught falsifying address and what have you to be in a certain district. No one really has the budget to do any investigating so without hard proof not much happens.

A while back one of my alma maters Joppatowne, MD got busted having a player who said he was living with his aunt in JTowne but really wasn't. He was living in Havre De Grace. Havre De Grace coached turned him in and had people follow the kid home for proof. SO they had to vacate the first 7 wins of the season among the coach getting the boot even though he probably didn't know about it.

That is really the only way these type rules get enforced or caught is there needs to be a whistle blower with direct knowledge of what was said to entice the player.. I have actually heard on tape a former DE coach tell a kid and parent if their kid went to a different school then he could forget about ever being all-state. true story.. The person that had the tape never had to use it so.. on and on we go

That's the thing coaches do need to be weary of today everybody is recording everything.. Never know who is holding that jack hammer on you ..lol

Like that fool coach down in Georgia who got ratted on by a booster who taped a conversation of him talking about "funny money" for the kids he wants to bring in.. and how at his old school the funny money came from state troopers who took cash from drug dealers when they stopped them .. crazy shit going on in HS football man...

Last edited:
Just wow...and yeah you're right everyone "knows" what everyone else is doing in Delaware lol. Those are some crazy stories though, and in the end it is still just high school football, let the kids play

Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT