ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Semi Final Scores

Yeah I thought that was crazy. Dover employed just a 3 man front (and one of them wasn't Sessoms) and had the backers back and wide in the alley's. They had Sessoms out in space defending the alley he looked a bit of like a fish out of water there, Smyrna had success running combo routes at Sessoms after he cheated in a little to try and stop WK. Looked like Dover's strategy was to take away the screen game first. A big reason why WK had 250+ rushing. Silly IMO you have to defend WK first D1 QB or not. WK makes that show go , stop him and take your chances with Edge throwing down field. Edge isn't always real accurate throwing down field except on the deep fade routs. Still you have to take care of WK first and make Edge beat you vs that offense. Like Middletown did when they played. WK had 10 yds on 8 carries and Edge was 15-25 for 121 and a TD. The screen plays can be a problem but only if you don't make open field tackles. MT did that. Stop WK make the open field tackles on the perimeter and make Edge beat you downfield. That's the ticket .. IMHO
Your are right stopping WK has to 1# priority!

Smyrna going deep for the endzone on 1st down up 40-21 with 4:30 left and Dover out of timeouts is why most coaches can’t stand Judy.
Judy takes that hit but Judy doesn't run or call the offense but I guess it is his responsibly to tell the OC to do nothing fancy and just run it out. So in that respect it's on him and he takes the arrows for it.

That is another thing that drives me crazy, when the announcers give the HC credit for a great play call when they aren't even calling the plays. I mean like really the guys in the booth cant see who is calling the plays? That and not even knowing what the formations are lol

Last edited:
Judy takes that hit but Judy doesn't run or call the Offense but I guess it is his responsibly to tell the OC to do nothing fancy and just run it out. So in that respect it's on him and he takes the arrows for it.

That is another thing that drives me crazy, when the announcers give the HC credit for a great play call when they aren't even calling the plays. I mean like really the guys in the booth cant see who is calling the plays? That and not even knowing what the formations are lol

Somebody needs to tell that announcer the difference between shotgun and pistol

Its the playoffs with almost 5 minutes still left to play. Don’t want to get scored on then play defense. I’ve got no issue with Smyrna tacking on another score.

Reactions: BackinBlack86

Its the playoffs with almost 5 minutes still left to play. Don’t want to get scored on then play defense. I’ve got no issue with Smyrna tacking on another score.
I don't either really. I would criticize it though if a star player gets hurt on something like that and you lose him for the finals. Tack it on with back ups.

That guy has been calling the shotgun pistol all year. I can't believe no one has schooled him yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: trapblock22

Up by 3 scores, with Dover out of timeouts? Disagree completely unless you grind it out with runs & screens.

Reactions: runningman12001
DMA makes first big play.. Jordan Green picks off Albero and gets a good return.. DMA ball on Arch 42

People don’t like Smyrna because of jealousy and because most Delaware football people hate change. Yeah Smyrna can be a bit cocky and arrogant but name me a good team who isn’t. Smyrna does what they do and if you don’t like it then beat them on the field. I think some people in DE still want every team to be running the old 3 yards and a cloud of dust football and just can’t accept the way the game is played now. It took me awhile.

DMA with another big sack and fumble.. DMA ball in great field position. On Archmere 22

wow.. First play 2nd half Udovich wide open down the middle off play action for long TD reception (73 yds)

DMA 10 Arch 7 11:45 3rd

DMA comes right back big play by Coombes gets ball to AM 10.. D Green fumbles on 5.. Archmere takes over there

Gut check time now for DMA..

End 3
DMA 10
AA 7

DMA ball on own 1 2nd and 11 after DMA player fair caught a punt on own 2 and DMA lost one yard on 1st down

AA with the hook and lateral to DeGregorio.. next play TD run by Albero.. pt good

AA 17 DMA 10 10:05 to play

ohh here we go.. DMA needs to keep their heard. That would have been holding on AA but its going to be offsetting on late hit , both marked marked off

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT