ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Semi Final Scores

wow.. DMA forces the punt..was going to get the ball back with 1: 33 left and Coombes get an unsportsmanlike spiking the ball giving AA a first down and that will be ball game.. very tough last 5 minutes for Coombes.

Reactions: Patcomic
wow.. DMA forces the punt..was going to get the ball back with 1: 33 left and Coombes get an unsportsmanlike spiking the ball giving AA a first down and that will be ball game.. very tough last 5 minutes for Coombes.
Kid’s gonna have nightmares

After watching the replay a few times, I’m curious about whether something was said as well. Just didn’t look like enough to warrant a penalty. What do you guys think?

After watching the replay a few times, I’m curious about whether something was said as well. Just didn’t look like enough to warrant a penalty. What do you guys think?
like you said can't hear what may have been said..but you can't throw the ball down like that either when you don't get a call (looks like he wanted them to give him a fumble recovery there) They call that every time in HS. He was probably still mad or embarrassed he didn't get a PI call on the ball he dropped in the endzone after fumbling two plays prior. Like I said it was a tough 5 minutes.

Last edited:
So, to review: Friends was in their 6th semi-final in 8 years and was in the quarters in 2019. 2 finals in 2016 and 2018, the last one being the same year they beat DMA in the playoffs. Pretty much where you can expect a disciplined team with coaches who do things the right way. DMA has two playoff wins total, if I am correct. This year they got win #1 against the Sisters of the Poor (Newark), and a Caravel team whose coaches lost all sense of reason at a really bad time. Now they are done, most if it their own doing. No one should be talking about DMA football until this time next year unless they can make the semi's again and have a coach and ADM who are not an embarrassment for the school. Good thing they let Coombes back in. Sounds like all hard work someone said he put in to get back paid off.

So, to review: Friends was in their 6th semi-final in 8 years and was in the quarters in 2019. 2 finals in 2016 and 2018, the last one being the same year they beat DMA in the playoffs. Pretty much where you can expect a disciplined team with coaches who do things the right way. DMA has two playoff wins total, if I am correct. This year they got win #1 against the Sisters of the Poor (Newark), and a Caravel team whose coaches lost all sense of reason at a really bad time. Now they are done, most if it their own doing. No one should be talking about DMA football until this time next year unless they can make the semi's again and have a coach and ADM who are not an embarrassment for the school. Good thing they let Coombes back in. Sounds like all hard work someone said he put in to get back paid off.
OUCH!

First time I have seen either team in person this year. Archmere is worth watching! Albero is a solid QB who makes good decisions (only one real mistake today - the int he threw when he tried to force it in). Their play calling was also good (except for the one trick play deep in their own territory late in the game). They kept their composure coming out after trailing by 10 at the half. DMA made a couple more mistakes ( a couple unsportsmanlike penalties, fair-catching a punt inside your own 5 yard line, running a deep snap play in your own end zone that results in a safety). Still, they made a nice comeback after going down by 20-10 and looking like they may have been dead in the water. Kudos to them for coming back and fighting till the end. Overall, going to this game - as a neutral spectator - was well worth the money. Thanks to both teams for a hard fought, competitive game!

Where/Whom for do the Archmere players typically play their rec ball? Do many of them play rec together?

Some of the Archmere athletes come from the CYM programs (IHM or Mary Mag) and some come from over the PA line from Delco. Usually pretty hard kids. And there biggest success is having families commit to them. This has to be the hundredth Udovich to be up there playing at a high level too.

It was a tough game and yes there were plenty of mistakes made but man you are talking about a 17 year old kid who in the end didn't have a great game that is not cool. Catching a punt at the 3, blown assignment that lead to a wide open TD, those plays were on them. The fumbled punt that archmere dropped because he was hit by his own man and was a flag on DMA was a bad call. The late hit out of bounds was not a late hit. And the flag at the end should not have been called. And this is not me, this was the 302 guys watching the game who disagreed with those calls. Once again Archmere capitalized on mistakes and came away with the win and good on them, best of luck to them next week. But if you enjoy coming on and bashing coaches, schools, and kids you do you buddy

Went back and looked, on the punt muff.. Fair catch was called and DMA player drove Archmere player into the punt returner. Not on purpose the punt returner came up last minute and the DMA guy was driving the Archmere player back and drove him into or more like the one action collided with the other.. Tough call.. not sure on the rule if a teammate gets drove into a fair catcher by the opposing team. I know it's not a foul if an Archmere player was blocking a DMA player into the returner. Not sure of the rule the other way around, you don't see that much. You would think the DMA player would be trying to shed a block not be blocking.. interesting

The play is at 1:32 on the on demand

264070237_10159382697820743_8607383442209504783_n.jpg

264133091_10159382697825743_7483227674098728642_n.jpg

264061651_10159382697880743_5809018817147955829_n.jpg

264273639_10159382697950743_5306776934174997584_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just read that it can be called if a player is deliberately driven into the person called for the fair catch. I guess that becomes a judgment call if it was deliberate or not. Like I said even the 302 guys were surprised by the call

like you said can't hear what may have been said..but you can't throw the ball down like that either when you don't get a call (looks like he wanted them to give him a fumble recovery there) They call that every time in HS. He was probably still mad or embarrassed he didn't get a PI call on the ball he dropped in the endzone after fumbling two plays prior. Like I said it was a tough 5 minutes.
Heard from a member of the crew. The spike was punctuated with an F bomb.

woops.. Bummy will be proud.. Tart 96 yd kickoff return to start it off... 6-0 Cavs pat blocked

After MT's 3rd turnover of the half Sals finally makes them pay.. Sallie 7 MT 6 4:57 2nd

So how are they doing the championships next week? All on 1 day?
Finals schedule at UD
Date: Saturday, December 11, 2021

Venue: Delaware Stadium at David M. Nelson Athletic Complex, University of Delaware

Championships Schedule:
  • 11:00 a.m. – 2A (Gates open at 10:00 a.m.)
  • 1:30 p.m. – Unified Flag Football
  • 3:30 p.m. – 3A
  • 6:00 p.m. – 1A

Finals schedule at UD
Date: Saturday, December 11, 2021

Venue: Delaware Stadium at David M. Nelson Athletic Complex, University of Delaware

Championships Schedule:
  • 11:00 a.m. – 2A (Gates open at 10:00 a.m.)
  • 1:30 p.m. – Unified Flag Football
  • 3:30 p.m. – 3A
  • 6:00 p.m. – 1A
I find it cute that they think a Smyrna vs. Middletown game is going to last 2.5 hours when both semi final games lasted 3+ hours. I also think a Archmere vs. Woodbridge is going 3 hours. So if you’re staying for all 4 games, be prepared to get home at midnight

It was a tough game and yes there were plenty of mistakes made but man you are talking about a 17 year old kid who in the end didn't have a great game that is not cool. Catching a punt at the 3, blown assignment that lead to a wide open TD, those plays were on them. The fumbled punt that archmere dropped because he was hit by his own man and was a flag on DMA was a bad call. The late hit out of bounds was not a late hit. And the flag at the end should not have been called. And this is not me, this was the 302 guys watching the game who disagreed with those calls. Once again Archmere capitalized on mistakes and came away with the win and good on them, best of luck to them next week. But if you enjoy coming on and bashing coaches, schools, and kids you do you buddy

Sounds like a good game. I couldn't make it and honestly was surprised that DMA went up 10-0. THey must have came out fired up after the first match up. Archmere is a tough win, they can score in bunches and sounds like DMA made a few mistakes. But final 4 isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Sounds like a good game. I couldn't make it and honestly was surprised that DMA went up 10-0. THey must have came out fired up after the first match up. Archmere is a tough win, they can score in bunches and sounds like DMA made a few mistakes. But final 4 isn't anything to be ashamed of.
It definitely was and DMA made mistakes and Archmere capitalized, and out of the games I've seen them play that it what they do really well. You make a mistake and they jump on it quick. I think next week will be good. Woodbridge needs to play mistake free, but Archmeres run defense is really good. If they aren't able to open it up in the passing game some it could be a long game for them.

Yes they did a really good job of containing him and not letting him break open a huge run like he normally does. Their run defense is really good and I know that is Woodbridge strength so that might cause issues for them

Reactions: oldtimer60
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT