ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule Changes

MTownCavs09

JV stand out
Sep 11, 2007
Middletown will not be playing Meade (MD) and at the moment Arundel (MD)

they have picked up in place of Meade a week 0 game @ St. John’s (DC).

St. John’s went 11-0 this season beating teams such as Don Bosco Prep, Good Council (2), DeMatha, and Gonzaga (2) by a combined score of 153-65. Between them and St. Joes….that makes a tough schedule with those two alone.

I see also that Smyrna does not currently have Bergen Catholic on its schedule…..will have updates when their 10th game is finalized

St. John’s went 11-0 this season beating teams such as Don Bosco Prep, Good Council (2), DeMatha, and Gonzaga (2) by a combined score of 153-65. Between them and St. Joes….that makes a tough schedule with those two alone.

I see also that Smyrna does not currently have Bergen Catholic on its schedule…..will have updates when their 10th game is finalized
Who is next up at QB for Middletown?

Hopefully Sallies will play them

Salesianum School Varsity Football 2022/2023​

#​
Date​
Day​
TimeOpponentH/ALocationCommentsW/LScore
1​
9/1/22​
Thu​
7:00pm​
Cape Henlopen HS
H​
Abessinio Stadium
2​
9/9/22​
Fri​
7:30pm​
Sussex Central HS
A​
Sussex Central HS
3​
9/23/22​
Fri​
4:00pm​
St. Georges Tech HS
A​
St. Georges Tech HS
4​
9/30/22​
Fri​
Hodgson Vo-Tech
H​
Abessinio Stadium
5​
10/7/22​
Fri​
Caesar Rodney HS
H​
Abessinio Stadium
6​
10/14/22​
Fri​
Middletown HS
A​
Middletown HS-Cavalier Stadium
7​
10/21/22​
Fri​
7:30pm​
William Penn HS
A​
Wm Penn HS
8​
10/28/22​
Fri​
Smyrna HS
A​
Smyrna HS
9​
11/4/22​
Fri​
Dover HS
H​
Abessinio Stadium
10​
11/11/22​
Fri​
Appoquinimink HS
H​
Abessinio Stadium

DMA feeling froggy.. they are playing Malvern Prep next year. yeah the same Malvern Prep that put the RC on Sallies in 2020.. They also have week 1 or 0 open should be interesting to see who they schedule there.

Last edited:
Hopefully Sallies will play them
Bib, Buc has been upset that the '21 was cancelled. I think we can understand how the game should have been postponed the Friday night of the game/ accident. Having said that I was somewhat mystified that it wasn't replayed on Saturday or Sunday.

If that is where Buc is on this, I agree with him.

Go Irish! Go Sals! (just kidding, Buc)

Reactions: Bucsnot

So I saw on Twitter that DMA is trying to hook up with Middletown for week 1 since both are open. Interesting to see if it will happen.

Don’t be fooled ... even through the Cavs lose a lot from this year’s squad they will be really good. .

Don’t be fooled ... even through the Cavs lose a lot from this year’s squad they will be really good. .
Oh no doubt they will be, what is it like 12 straight tournament appearances and 8 finals over that span, Year in and year out they are a top notch program that has the ability to be loaded every year so I have then penciled in at #1 til someone in state beats them

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Cavs don’t play lower division teams

There is no reason for that now though being there is no penalty or disadvantage to playing down a class. If anything it is more advantageous to play a good lower class team than playing a bad in class team in terms of points for seeding.

The only reason for MT to not play DMA would be if they for whatever reason did not want to give them the 2 points by playing them.

Last edited:
A little early to be claiming an elite program but whatever shake the hornets nest lol

DMAFootball
@DmaFootball
Elite football program at Delaware Military Academy
Joined February 2021

Last edited:
A little early to be claiming an elite program but whatever shake the hornets nest lol

DMAFootball
@DmaFootball
Elite football program at Delaware Military Academy
Joined February 2021

I’m personally not a fan of this sort of public talk in high school sports. It seems like something a strength coach would say in the weight room.

It’s really unnecessary. Focus on your own program and what you do well rather than telling others that they can’t measure up to you. We are talking about kids here. Really poor messaging allowed by the school.

Why attack every other high school kid by saying “our cadets will out hustle you”? Why attack every high school coach by saying “our coaches will our scheme you”? Why attack other schools that have existed for 100 years by saying “our program will out live you”?

I’m shocked that a military school administration would allow for this sort of public messaging. It’s really disrespectful to every athlete, coach, and school in the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody_Wood
Didn’t seem that bad to me…just makes other teams circle them on their schedule…sort of like fodder for the cannon. Plus it’s not like they called out players by name.

if you are that sensitive to trash talk you may be in wrong forums. May I suggest Pinterest, just saying of course.

Didn’t seem that bad to me…just makes other teams circle them on their schedule…sort of like fodder for the cannon. Plus it’s not like they called out players by name.

if you are that sensitive to trash talk you may be in wrong forums. May I suggest Pinterest, just saying of course.
Not sensitive at all. Just my opinion. All good that you have a different one!

Reactions: Woody_Wood
As opposed to “ come compete in the jungle” have you served in the military or been to a Army vs Navy football game. It’s ok for some to talk trash but not others. DMA is a upcoming program looking to play some DI schools. Until last season DI schools shied away from DII schools due to the DIAA point system for playoffs, that excuse is no longer as valid. If you’re not the lead dog the view never changes. Maybe they want their shot a being the lead dog. I’m pretty sure other teams weren’t offended and like I said the worst thing that post may of done was put a target on their back’s. I liked my fellow soldiers to be confident, hard charging, no surrender, no retreat & sure of their training. Not quiet soft sheep, imho

Also I’m not a fan of liberal softies that continue to make our sport’s watered down glimpses of what they used to be. That’s my real opinion.

Noted. 84rider likes outspoken teams.

Also noted. 84rider equates the military to high school football and teams that aren’t brash and outspoken are “quiet soft sheep” and somehow “liberal softies”.

Copy that. Over and out.

giphy.gif

DMA feeling froggy.. they are playing Malvern Prep next year. yeah the same Malvern Prep that put the RC on Sallies in 2020.. They also have week 1 or 0 open should be interesting to see who they schedule there.
The word on the street is that Malvern tried to schedule a game with Archmere for next season, but Archmere said no. Say what you want about DMA, but it looks like they aren't backing down from any challenges.

DelaNewb. Like you said you are new. Welcome aboard. Having said that you have to get to know folks here before you make the kind of stunod remark about somebody. Rider is a decorated combat veteran.His politics are far from the the current progressive ”let’s feel good“ instead of ”let’s do good” mentality. Enough of that.

Now, here’s where I agree with you. I believe the DMA online challenges are a little over the top. No knocks on the DMA program. Rivalries are usually built on relationships not on bravado based posts on the social media. My sense is that they will be playing Salesianum once the second half of the current 2 year contracts are completed.

Now, you can say uninformed stuff about me because I like the attention. Peace.

Reactions: 84rider
I respect DMA trying to play the tough games and they may get smacked in the mouth too but I know the kids are all for those games to see where they stand. Personally I wouldn't have minded if they tried to get games against Woodbridge, Delmar, or Friends so they could stay in Division and see what type of team they would have after losing their seniors. But hey the fact the kids don't mind playing tough teams I don't mind either.

And BiB I'm always up for a good duel, do you prefer pistols at dawn or swords 🤣 🤣 🤣

DelaNewb. Like you said you are new. Welcome aboard. Having said that you have to get to know folks here before you make the kind of stunod remark about somebody. Rider is a decorated combat veteran.His politics are far from the the current progressive ”let’s feel good“ instead of ”let’s do good” mentality. Enough of that.

Now, here’s where I agree with you. I believe the DMA online challenges are a little over the top. No knocks on the DMA program. Rivalries are usually built on relationships not on bravado based posts on the social media. My sense is that they will be playing Salesianum once the second half of the current 2 year contracts are completed.

Now, you can say uninformed stuff about me because I like the attention. Peace.
Because I am new, I consciously didn’t say anything about anyone, despite the silly name calling directed toward me. I stated an opinion and a guy got creased over the opinion of a stranger. Not really sure how it can be read any other way.

I don’t have any knocks on any program. I just responded to the Twitter post from the DMA page. That sort of public posturing (regardless of which team does it) just isn’t my thing. Actions and results speak for themselves. Totally cool if others like it the other way.

And who’s saying anything about anything/anyone needing to “feel good”? Or being progressive (or liberal)? Character first, head down, work hard, focus on yourself, play for your brothers in the locker room, earn it everyday, and damn right, do good!

I respect DMA trying to play the tough games and they may get smacked in the mouth too but I know the kids are all for those games to see where they stand. Personally I wouldn't have minded if they tried to get games against Woodbridge, Delmar, or Friends so they could stay in Division and see what type of team they would have after losing their seniors. But hey the fact the kids don't mind playing tough teams I don't mind either.

And BiB I'm always up for a good duel, do you prefer pistols at dawn or swords 🤣 🤣 🤣

Totally agree with you! Take on challenges! I don’t know of too many winning teams that wouldn’t welcome challenges!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT