ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule Changes

When you can’t attack the message, attack the messenger!

Fact: Archmere said NO to facing Malvern when they called.

Fact: DMA said YES to facing Malvern when they called.

#TheTakeOver #BuildingACulture #NoDucking #StriveForGreatness #AnyTeamAnyWhereAnyTime

lol.. Archmere got nothing to prove to you or DMA 🤡

But hey enjoy the beat down Malvern gonna put on your asses..hope they stream it #nextlevelbeatdowns

#AnyTeamAnyWhereAnyTime
giphy.gif

Last edited:
When you can’t attack the message, attack the messenger!

Fact: Archmere said NO to facing Malvern when they called.

Fact: DMA said YES to facing Malvern when they called.

#TheTakeOver #BuildingACulture #NoDucking #StriveForGreatness #AnyTeamAnyWhereAnyTime

These facts are correct:

- Archmere said no because they didn't have an open week

- DMA said yes because they had an open week

- DMA_302TakeOver is coach lincoln

- Archmere is his daddy

13899551542.jpg

sounds like Malvern reached out to archmere and archmere couldn't schedule them this year. that would have been a great game. archmere losing some key players, but so does every other team.

hopefully the DMA game against Malvern is streamed. should be a lot of fun to watch and a great atmosphere. Huge for them getting Malvern to come down to DMA too
It sounds like you’re out of the loop on the discussions with Malvern!

Also, i believe AI cancelled their game this year with Archmere. That should’ve given Archmere an EASY out of their game for this upcoming season! When there is a will there is a way!

#TheTakeOver #AcceptTheChallenge
Wow I missed all the fun. DMA_302Takeover-I do give you credit for the “fake it till you make it” attitude, but calling out an opponent for ducking a team that doesn’t play in there division or even their state is Low Class! Especially when you consider that the team you are talking about played arguably the toughest schedule in D2 last season and on top of that went undefeated. Not to mention that they did not have an open date on their schedule either. Again Low Class. Congrats Coach Linc, I am sure you are trying to improve on one the worst strength of schedules in Delaware D2 last year. Congrats on playing Malvern this year. But also remember the fact that Malvern called Archmere 1st tells me all I need to know. I am sure when other schools call Archmere wanting to play the State 2A Champs, Archmere will point them in your direction for a consolation game.

Congrats to Archmere on a great year, but ducking competition is just showing your players that you don’t believe they’re ready for the next level.

#TheTakeOver #WinOrLoseWeFight #Gritty #BuildingACulture

I’m truly curious…what is this next level of which you speak? Can a team go up “a level” by scheduling teams like Malvern? What’s the advantage for a team like Archmere to even schedule that game? I thought the goal was to win your class…which they did while playing the most challenging schedule (according to @connorr11 earlier in this thread). Could they have won another class by scheduling Malvern (if that was even an option)?

Also, from what I’ve read here, it seems that DMA’s recruiting of players outside of their own program say very bluntly to the existing players “you aren’t good enough to compete on any level, so we need different guys.” That doesn’t sound like #buildingaculture at all to me.

I’m truly curious…what is this next level of which you speak? Can a team go up “a level” by scheduling teams like Malvern? What’s the advantage for a team like Archmere to even schedule that game? I thought the goal was to win your class…which they did while playing the most challenging schedule (according to @connorr11 earlier in this thread). Could they have won another class by scheduling Malvern (if that was even an option)?

Also, from what I’ve read here, it seems that DMA’s recruiting of players outside of their own program say very bluntly to the existing players “you aren’t good enough to compete on any level, so we need different guys.” That doesn’t sound like #buildingaculture at all to me.
There is no real reason for Archmere to schedule Malvern, I think if Archmere was looking to play a tougher schedule they would start with the better teams in DE-Sallies-Symrna-Middletown(if they are getting crazy). On the other hand Malvern has a lot of incentive to schedule a team like Archmere. Malvern is not part of the PIAA so they do not have the opportunity to play for a state championship, so they need to schedule top teams in order to stay relevant. I know many kids who play and played at Malvern and I know some of their coaches also, they are absolutely top notch people. The best of the best, but if you ask them I know they would rather not look to schedule teams like DMA, and instead have the ability to play for a Pa state Championship.

There is no reason for that now though being there is no penalty or disadvantage to playing down a class. If anything it is more advantageous to play a good lower class team than playing a bad in class team in terms of points for seeding.

The only reason for MT to not play DMA would be if they for whatever reason did not want to give them the 2 points by playing them.
In all fairness looks like Mtown trying to build a national team / schedule. Playing more high end OOS team is critical to that.

In all fairness looks like Mtown trying to build a national team / schedule. Playing more high end OOS team is critical to that.

In that case they can play St Frances. Can make that game happen today..Hey if MT don't want that smoke maybe DMA can take them..😅

There is no real reason for Archmere to schedule Malvern, I think if Archmere was looking to play a tougher schedule they would start with the better teams in DE-Sallies-Symrna-Middletown(if they are getting crazy). On the other hand Malvern has a lot of incentive to schedule a team like Archmere. Malvern is not part of the PIAA so they do not have the opportunity to play for a state championship, so they need to schedule top teams in order to stay relevant. I know many kids who play and played at Malvern and I know some of their coaches also, they are absolutely top notch people. The best of the best, but if you ask them I know they would rather not look to schedule teams like DMA, and instead have the ability to play for a Pa state Championship.

That makes sense. Thanks, appreciate the time.

Enrollment isnt a good judge of a program in many other states - Malvern is small but would whip any team in DE most year including Mtown
Boys only school and I believe their enrollment is close to 650, not that small

I’m personally not a fan of this sort of public talk in high school sports. It seems like something a strength coach would say in the weight room.

It’s really unnecessary. Focus on your own program and what you do well rather than telling others that they can’t measure up to you. We are talking about kids here. Really poor messaging allowed by the school.

Why attack every other high school kid by saying “our cadets will out hustle you”? Why attack every high school coach by saying “our coaches will our scheme you”? Why attack other schools that have existed for 100 years by saying “our program will out live you”?

I’m shocked that a military school administration would allow for this sort of public messaging. It’s really disrespectful to every athlete, coach, and school in the state.
Its marketing all good. They want make i a big better program, etc. Honestly I dont overly like the coach personally but dont have any issue with this

Enrollment isnt a good judge of a program in many other states - Malvern is small but would whip any team in DE most year including Mtown

Malvern already played Sallies and whooped em.. Scheduling Archmere or DMA is a step down from Sallies. Let's not go crazy Archmere wins 1 D2 Championship in like what 20 years and now we want talk about them as some in state power for other states to want to schedule.. Its still D2 Delaware. lol

Reactions: delawarenole
Also I’m not a fan of liberal softies that continue to make our sport’s watered down glimpses of what they used to be. That’s my real opinion.
I will say the no taunting rules etc have gotten out of hand. Some trash talking is good for the game IMO.

Not saying I was fighting on the field but trash talking etc some celebration is good for the game.

Also for the record for those that think it doesnt go on spend some time on Instagram / social media of players - they all talk shit on each other all year long.

FYI - not creeping just monitoring my own kids stuff and I see the other players all th eitme.

Reactions: 84rider
Its marketing all good. They want make i a big better program, etc. Honestly I dont overly like the coach personally but dont have any issue with this
For sure. I get it. Agree mostly here. Just not the type of marketing that I prefer. If someone has to shout from the rooftops that they are the “big dawg”…are they really?

As for the coach, it’s his program and the school seems to endorse such brash, boastful talk, so have at it if that’s the culture that they are building. Like I’ve said, it’s just not a brand I enjoy (regardless of the school).

Malvern will whip that ass no offense.

That and DMA nor Archmere would have beat Sallies by 2 or more scores if they could beat them at all. Let's just move DMA to 3A now. After this year DMA coach better be begging DIAA to move them up so they can be challenged of course.lol

Malvern will whip that ass no offense.
No offense taken. However, after watching DMA play last year I 100% disagree. Malvern and Bonner have a lot of common opponents. Bonner was a playoff team last year and beat a team that Malvern lost to. DMA beat Bonner 42-14, the game wasn't even close.

So no. I don't see them getting there ass whipped at all. DMA is very big upfront and most certainly have the athletes to compete with Malvern's skill players.

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
That and DMA nor Archmere would have beat Sallies by 2 or more scores if they could beat them at all. Let's just move DMA to 3A now. After this year DMA coach better be begging DIAA to move them up so they can be challenged of course.lol
Archmere would struggle with Sallies upfront more with not having a starting lineman over 210 pounds but their skill players are a lot better.

DMA would have been very bad match up for Sallies last year. They are just as good upfront if not better and have skill players that Sallies dreams of having. I don't think the game would have been even close.

I don't like DMA either but im still gonna call a spade a spade.

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver

I don't think Malvern is scheduling Archmere or DMA so that they can stay relevant. I don't think it boosts Malvern's resume at all if they beat Archmere of DMA... Archmere and DMA are big fish in small ponds right now. They'd get smoked if they played in the Inter-Ac.

When was the last time a Delaware team beat a school from the Inter-ac league?

I don't think Malvern is scheduling Archmere or DMA so that they can stay relevant. I don't think it boosts Malvern's resume at all if they beat Archmere of DMA... Archmere and DMA are big fish in small ponds right now. They'd get smoked if they played in the Inter-Ac.

not sure i agree but for arguments sake

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2021] Archmere Academy (Claymont, DE) 19, [2021] Malvern Prep (Malvern, PA) 14

Reactions: trapblock22
If Archmere cared about their players then they’d be jumping at every chance they get to put their players up against the best in the area.

DMA wants to showcase their players and get as many eyes on them as possible. Many of the DMA players have goals to play at the next level and one of the best way to prove you can play in college is to compete against the best of the best.

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #TheDMADifference

FYI, I CAN NO LONGER MAKE REPLY POSTS. I GUESS THE ARCHMERE BOYS REPORTED MY POSTS. THATS IN LINE WITH HOW THEY HANDLE COMPETITION!

#THETAKEOVER #RUFFLETHEFEATHERS

Last edited:
Bonner didn't beat a team Malvern lost to. Malvern lost 10-7 to La Salle (who beat St joes the first time they played) and lost to Archbishop Spalding (MIAA, MD) Bonner is not near as good as Malvern

Malvern ranked #17 in PA and Bonner #90

Last edited:
Reactions: delawarenole
No offense taken. However, after watching DMA play last year I 100% disagree. Malvern and Bonner have a lot of common opponents. Bonner was a playoff team last year and beat a team that Malvern lost to. DMA beat Bonner 42-14, the game wasn't even close.

So no. I don't see them getting there ass whipped at all. DMA is very big upfront and most certainly have the athletes to compete with Malvern's skill players.
Daisy chains have no place on DEpreps

#ReadTheRules #ThereAreNoRules

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
If Archmere cared about their players then they’d be jumping at every chance they get to put their players up against the best in the area.

DMA wants to showcase their players and get as many eyes on them as possible. Many of the DMA players have goals to play at the next level and one of the best way to prove you can play in college is to compete against the best of the best.

Not even sure if this post makes sense, what are you saying? Archmere doesn’t play the best teams? As far as Delaware football teams go they played one of if not the toughest schedule in D2. Are you saying DMA has better players because they want to play at the next level, and because you say they are competing against the best of the best? So what is it, did DMA have better players than Archmere this year, but Archmere just had a better team? That’s kind of the way you make it sound and if that is what you are thinking then that doesn’t bode well for DMA’s coaching staff if they lost twice to a less talented team.

Not even sure if this post makes sense, what are you saying? Archmere doesn’t play the best teams? As far as Delaware football teams go they played one of if not the toughest schedule in D2. Are you saying DMA has better players because they want to play at the next level, and because you say they are competing against the best of the best? So what is it, did DMA have better players than Archmere this year, but Archmere just had a better team? That’s kind of the way you make it sound and if that is what you are thinking then that doesn’t bode well for DMA’s coaching staff if they lost twice to a less talented team.

That's that way of thinking to justify what your doing. The whole playing top programs OOS to get your guys noticed is mostly bunk. More than not they just get exposed. It didn't do anything for Middletown's players to get recruited when they went and played IMG and didn't do anything to help Smyrna's when the played Bergen Catholic. Edge didn't look good at all in that game either. The odds of some player getting noticed that the colleges didn't know about before are about nil.

Reactions: DelaNewb

Not sure I understand how by not scheduling Malvern, when they had no open dates, means that Archmere doesn't care about their players.

Reactions: DelaNewb

Hahahah. This place is fantastic! Definitely my new favorite guilty pleasure!

This has to be one of the most asinine and myopic ways of thinking that I’ve read in this forum thus far! Just imagine how small-minded it is to come to this conclusion. And from a team that didn’t win! Wow.

Like. Is scheduling out of state opponents the way a program consoles itself for not winning? Ok. I guess.

@COACH LINC: FYI. THE FORUM RESTRICTS A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF COMMENTS OVER A PERIOD OF TIME ON ANY GIVEN THREAD. I CANT COMMENT EITHER.

EH. TOOK SOME COMMENTS DOWN. THEY WERE UNBECOMING. I FORGOT MYSELF FOR A MOMENT. APOLOGIES.

Last edited:
That's that way of thinking to justify what your doing. The whole playing top programs OOS to get your guys noticed is mostly bunk. More than not they just get exposed. It didn't do anything for Middletown's players to get recruited when they went and played IMG and didn't do anything to help Smyrna's when the played Bergen Catholic. Edge didn't look good at all in that game either. The odds of some player getting noticed that the colleges didn't know about before are about nil.
exactly

Woodbridge, Howard, Delmar, St Marks, Tech etc.. Jesus Archmere has one good run every 10 years, DMA is a never has been and now all of a sudden they are perennial powers? lol
All those teams mentioned has the ability to make a run next year. Including DMA and Archmere, both those teams lost a lot but have a lot coming back also. Don’t count Friends out either. Right now if I had to look at a team that didn’t make the playoffs last year but could make a run next year it would be Mount Pleasant. They got better every week and have a lot back. But make no mistake Archmere DMA and Woodbridge will still be the teams to beat.

Reactions: trapblock22

Sallies beat Episcopal in 2018, Caravel beat Episcopal in 2014

Woodbridge, Howard, Delmar, St Marks, Tech etc.. Jesus Archmere has one good run every 10 years, DMA is a never has been and now all of a sudden they are perennial powers? lol
All those teams you just mentioned won’t even get past friends. Archmere has made the playoffs almost every single year in the past 10 years. So I have no idea what your talking about. Seems like the #302takeover has you rattled Big Dawg!

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
A coach’s responsibility is to win games and prepare their players for the next level. If you want to give your players their best chance to make it to the next level then you need to showcase them against the best talent in the area. DMA takes that seriously. DMA is matching their players up against the top programs. You can’t say the same about Archmere. Archmere actively turned down the big time match up. I’m glad they did though because it opened the door of opportunity for the DMA players.

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #PlayersPriority #BeatTheBestToBeTheBest #TalkTheTalk #WalkTheWalk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT