ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule Changes

Does Kevin Ignudo still play for Middletown? I got to see him a few times and man he was electric!

IMG has 3 teams.. National, Varsity and Post Grad

MT is playing the National

I guess the 52-7 beat down and loss of their starting RB wasn't enough for them the last time (2018) they went down to play them so they are going back for more. SMH

Honestly I am surprised the DIAA signs off on this. Most state associations won't allow their schools to play academy teams. California (CIF) even passed an "academy rule" in 2019 after Mater Dei played them and beat them 28-24 in 2018
Regardless of the academy team my question is who PAYS for this? St johns day trip all good, but the other two probably involve hotel and for IMG a flight.

I do know IMG pays some of the teams that play them cost if they come down to IMG but I am sure there is still $ that needs to be paid for a public school and tax $'s seems crazy.

Maybe the boosters and fund raising picks it up as I am sure MT is strong in this area and raises good cash.

Regardless of the academy team my question is who PAYS for this? St johns day trip all good, but the other two probably involve hotel and for IMG a flight.

I do know IMG pays some of the teams that play them cost if they come down to IMG but I am sure there is still $ that needs to be paid for a public school and tax $'s seems crazy.

Maybe the boosters and fund raising picks it up as I am sure MT is strong in this area and raises good cash.
Last time they went down I believe the players had to do a fundraiser. If you didn’t raise the money you didn’t go? This year unless I’m mistaken IMG is gonna accommodate some of the expenses.

Ohio I still haven’t heard how the boys are getting there (bus or plane), however I did hear through the grapevine that the team will be visiting the hall of fame in Canton thanks to Washington.

I’m sure though that the Team/boosters will be promoting some kind of fundraiser(s) to help cover some of the expenses. I know I’ll be in Ohio, the Florida trip I’m still on the fence about

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody_Wood
Last time they went down I believe the players had to do a fundraiser. If you didn’t raise the money you didn’t go? This year unless I’m mistaken IMG is gonna accommodate some of the expenses.

Ohio I still haven’t heard how the boys are getting there (bus or plane), however I did hear through the grapevine that the team will be visiting the hall of fame in Canton thanks to Washington.

I’m sure though that the Team/boosters will be promoting some kind of fundraiser(s) to help cover some of the expenses. I know I’ll be in Ohio, the Florida trip I’m still on the fence about
You should go IMG is an awesome place to visit and hell you only live once.

If you do go to IMG stay down in Siesta Key - top beach in the USA. Incredible sand.

I have family down there so I am biased:)

Reactions: MTownCavs09
You should go IMG is an awesome place to visit and hell you only live once.

If you do go to IMG stay down in Siesta Key - top beach in the USA. Incredible sand.

I have family down there so I am biased:)
I went down back in 2018 when they played. Had a great time. Took a tour of the campus, went to the game. Visited a beach and then went to the Buccaneers game, caught the red eye back. It was a great trip. I’ve been to Florida plenty of times and never had a bad experience.

When did he get hurt? Was that last year? Was he considered a manager because of the injury?
He got hurt in a scrimmage the week before the season against Delcastle. Don’t quote me on this but I believe he tore his ACL/MCL. He wanted to okay through it but the doctors wouldn’t let him.

IMG has 3 teams.. National, Varsity and Post Grad

MT is playing the National

I guess the 52-7 beat down and loss of their starting RB wasn't enough for them the last time (2018) they went down to play them so they are going back for more. SMH

Honestly I am surprised the DIAA signs off on this. Most state associations won't allow their schools to play academy teams. California (CIF) even passed an "academy rule" in 2019 after Mater Dei played them and beat them 28-24 in 2018
Middletown has a rough schedule considering how much talent they lost. We’ll see how well they do. They could have up to 5 loses looking at their schedule.

He got hurt in a scrimmage the week before the season against Delcastle. Don’t quote me on this but I believe he tore his ACL/MCL. He wanted to okay through it but the doctors wouldn’t let him.

I saw he popped up on twitter as going to one of those faux prep academies in FLA along with another MT player (might have been a Smyrna player) but that has been deleted. it It looks like he is still shopping for one of those type programs though (if you want to call them programs).. Those programs are a complete waste of time/money if you ask me but yeah whatever

Last edited:
I saw he popped up on twitter as going to one of those faux prep academies in FLA along with another MT player (might have been a Smyrna player) but that has been deleted and looks like he is shopping for one of those type programs (if you want to call them programs).. Those programs are a complete waste of time/money if you ask me but yeah whatever
That’s unfortunate he was a good player. most of those programs aren’t good and pretty much scam kids into given them money. Hopefully he can get something out of it tho

Reactions: DelaNewb

Massillon draws a ton of money from their gate and has a crap ton of money in their coffers from donations from alumni and local fans. They pay a pretty good travel stipend for teams to come play them.

IMG typically will pay more if the game will be televised like on ESPN or something (this one won't) but they will cover room and board for the players and coaches to stay there. They may even have a deal from FLO that they will pay some travel stipend for MT to come.

IMG is having a real hard time getting games and they are paying public teams to come take a beat down. Like when a FCS school gets a ton of cash to play a power 5 school. lol

I saw he popped up on twitter as going to one of those faux prep academies in FLA along with another MT player (might have been a Smyrna player) but that has been deleted and looks like he is shopping for one of those type programs (if you want to call them programs).. Those programs are a complete waste of time/money if you ask me but yeah whatever

Ah. I hope he catches on! He’s a little undersized but damn he was electric.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT