ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule Changes

I don’t have any knocks on any program. I just responded to the Twitter post from the DMA page. That sort of public posturing (regardless of which team does it) just isn’t my thing. Actions and results speak for themselves.
Totally agree on that. Also, that style is not the way to build relationships.
Also noted. 84rider equates the military to high school football and teams that aren’t brash and outspoken are “quiet soft sheep” and somehow “liberal softies”.
OK, maybe I misinterpreted that. Possibly, a lack of reading comprehension on my part. Yet, how can you divine what Rider was thinking based on a couple of random quotes? I am the one who made the feel good comment. Feeling good is overrated. Suffering is redemptive.

Reactions: DelaNewb
@Uncle Bumfuzzled I am not hypothesizing intent here…I’m literally summarizing his actual words sans hyperbole

“I liked my fellow soldiers to be confident, hard charging, no surrender, no retreat & sure of their training. Not quiet soft sheep, imho”

“I’m not a fan of liberal softies that continue to make our sport’s watered down glimpses of what they used to be.”

Summarized to (I hate myself for quoting myself):

“Noted. 84rider likes outspoken teams.

Also noted. 84rider equates the military to high school football and teams that aren’t brash and outspoken are “quiet soft sheep” and somehow “liberal softies”.”

No guessing needed!

And again, great, that’s his opinion! Fantastic. I have no issues with a man’s opinion. I just don’t agree.

What’s funny is that I too like my players to be “confident, hard charging, no surrender, no retreat and sure of their training”…I just demand they display it through action rather than keystroke.

I am 100% with you on the provocative use of social media.

Once again, I found your interpretation of Rider's words not to match up with the reality of who he is.

I respect DMA trying to play the tough games and they may get smacked in the mouth too but I know the kids are all for those games to see where they stand. Personally I wouldn't have minded if they tried to get games against Woodbridge, Delmar, or Friends so they could stay in Division and see what type of team they would have after losing their seniors. But hey the fact the kids don't mind playing tough teams I don't mind either.

And BiB I'm always up for a good duel, do you prefer pistols at dawn or swords 🤣 🤣 🤣

duel-challenge.gif

Reactions: Longagoplayer
DelaNewb. Like you said you are new. Welcome aboard. Having said that you have to get to know folks here before you make the kind of stunod remark about somebody. Rider is a decorated combat veteran.His politics are far from the the current progressive ”let’s feel good“ instead of ”let’s do good” mentality. Enough of that.

Now, here’s where I agree with you. I believe the DMA online challenges are a little over the top. No knocks on the DMA program. Rivalries are usually built on relationships not on bravado based posts on the social media. My sense is that they will be playing Salesianum once the second half of the current 2 year contracts are completed.

Now, you can say uninformed stuff about me because I like the attention. Peace.

@Uncle Bumfuzzled that DMA cat reminds me of back in grade school that new kid that transfers in and doesn't know how to act so he puffs all up with the tough talk and challenges the school bully to get him some playground cred. Kid gets his ass kicked around a bit but eventually falls in line. It seems Archmere wasn't enough so I guess MTown will have to take care of it should they accept the challenge 🤣

…and props to you & DelaNewb for saying what many of us believe on the DMA social media post.

I hope we disagree on topics. Otherwise, nobody would pay attention. Hell, I have been known to disagree with myself in the same thread.

This forum would be useless if we all made anodyne comments. Plus, I also didn’t want Newb to think that Rider was pusillanimous.

…and props to you & DelaNewb for saying what many of us believe on the DMA social media post.

I hope we disagree on topics. Otherwise, nobody would pay attention. Hell, I have been known to disagree with myself in the same thread.

This forum would be useless if we all made anodyne comments. Plus, I also didn’t want Newb to think that Rider was pusillanimous.
haha I don't think @84rider or myself could ever be accused of being anodynic in our postings and certainly not pusillanimous. One could say my posts can be quite incendiary.

tumblr_n3s1mmk0QK1qc67tzo3_250.gifv

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
DMA feeling froggy.. they are playing Malvern Prep next year. yeah the same Malvern Prep that put the RC on Sallies in 2020.. They also have week 1 or 0 open should be interesting to see who they schedule there.
It will definitely be a challenge but I don't think they will put a RC on DMA like they did to Sallies. Not for nothing, I think DMA would have beaten Sallies by 2/3 touchdowns this past season.

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
Its a ton of pressure to put on your players, when you have not proved it, or anything else. That is not an opinion
This is an opinion. It is your opinion that the players are under and feeling a ton of pressure. Based on their performance this past season, I’d say the team wasn’t feeling the pressure you’re talking about. The semi final game between Archmere and DMA was arguably the best Delaware high school game played this year.

This program steps up to pressure and takes on the challenges and adversity. Other programs shy away from big time matchups (sounds like Archmere is ducking Malvern), but DMA goes searching for them. This past season, DMA challenged Bonner. This upcoming season, DMA is challenging Malvern and trying to challenge Middletown.

Over the years, this board has notoriously complained about programs with ‘cupcake’ schedules and now the members of the forum are upset that a program is trying to challenge themselves with the best programs in the area and showing confidence in their players. It seems a little silly and sensitive to be upset about this.

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #SeahawkNation

I think you are conflating two issues here: DMA’s outward brash public messaging and DMA’s attempt to “play up”. They aren’t the same issue.

It’s great for a team seek out tougher competition to “prove themselves”! I don’t think many would disagree with that. Especially if you are DMA. Correct me if I’m wrong, but according to one of the posts with team records and strength of schedule, it looks like DMA played one of the weakest schedules in the weakest conferences in D2? I would think they would have to play up so they can get a gauge on where they stand when they face the more battle tested teams when the games really matter. I’m all for playing up and I think it’s smart of DMA and it could get them over the hump.

But. FOR ME, the public messaging (ie “Our cadets will out hustle you, Our coaches will out scheme you, Our program will out live you”) is a bit tacky and kinda corny for a high school. It reeks of insecurity. And just to be clear, my opinion on this isn’t specific to DMA…the opportunity to talk about it presented itself because of the Twitter share (which I now realize was from the beginning of the 2021 season, lol)

Schedule hard games, play those games and let the chips fall where they may…talk is cheap…which was proven in the 2021 season. At the end of the day, all that bluster is irrelevant. All that matters are the guys in the locker room. Not this forum, not a hashtag, not a Twitter account.

Last edited:
It’s great for a team seek out tougher competition to “prove themselves”! I don’t think many would disagree with that. Especially if you are DMA. Correct me if I’m wrong, but according to one of the posts with team records and strength of schedule, it looks like DMA played one of the weakest schedules in the weakest conferences in D2? I would think they would have to play up so they can get a gauge on where they stand when they face the more battle tested teams when the games really matter. I’m all for playing up and I think it’s smart of DMA and it could get them over the hump.
I don't know about the strength of DMA's schedule, but I believe the schedule was set before the current coaching staff had been hired. I think this was the head coach's first year at DMA.

@oldtimer60 that makes total sense. I have to imagine schedules are set a few years in advance in terms of conference play.

I thought I read about it in this forum a bit ago so I searched the terms "strength of schedule" and found the posts. @Titanium Shadow posted some awesome info (thank you). I dont fully understand it, so maybe Titanium can explain further? But it looks to me like DMA had the second weakest schedule of the top 12 teams to make the playoffs (if I’m reading it right).

(https://depreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/2021-2a-playoff-seeds-final.17529/)

(FYI, not sure I am linking it right, but I tried to take a screenshot of his table but cant figure out how to insert it)

Last edited:
@oldtimer60 that makes total sense. I have to imagine schedules are set a few years in advance in terms of conference play.

I thought I read about it in this forum a bit ago so I searched the terms "strength of schedule" and found the posts. @Titanium Shadow posted some awesome info (thank you). I dont fully understand it, so maybe Titanium can explain further?

(https://depreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/2021-2a-playoff-seeds-final.17529/)

(FYI, not sure I am linking it right, but I tried to take a screenshot of his table but cant figure out how to insert it)

This is the first year for realignment so most of the schedules were reset and set early last summer but some teams still had openings and had to go OOS to fill. I believe the Bonner game came later and the new coach set that one up

Who's upset? @Uncle Bumfuzzled are you upset? 🤷‍♂️
Not upset at all…I agree with Newb’s comments about the use of social media in this fashion.

I actually want DMA to have some success. You guys who read my comments know that I have been pushing for periodic Howard- Salesianum games. I will now also push for a Sals-DMA game when they roll into 2023 especially as it apparently won’t impact the the FB tournament.

By the way, DMA has played the Sals in FB before & they play them in baseball and basketball now.

Let the good times roll.

@DelaNewb, can you make me some chicken soup and some chocolate chip cookies, got the Rona and it’s a bitch. Between the chills and body aches I can barely put a comprehensive sentence together, just asking of course

@BackinBlack86 nevermind on the duel, I did the dumbest thing possible today and went to wrestling practice with my son and realize barely being active for 20 years I'm in no shape for any type of confrontation unless I'm typing on my phone 😅. I got him one then big bastard rag dolled me the rest of the time

I tried something similar to that News Years Eve 2014, ended up 6am New Years Day in the Dr's office with a torn rotator. The big galoot damn near ripped my arm off. That was the last time I tried anything like that again..lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Longagoplayer
@DelaNewb, can you make me some chicken soup and some chocolate chip cookies, got the Rona and it’s a bitch. Between the chills and body aches I can barely put a comprehensive sentence together, just asking of course
SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUPPPPP! The human body has no place for weakness!

JK...I'll be right over to towel your brow and spoon feed you my scratch made chicken noodle soup...it'll change your life (the secret lies in taragon...and that can be our safe word too).

Thank you for allowing me to add some vocabulary words to the board.
Nobody blinked when I threw in anodyne and pusillanimous.
Another word. I have been called this many times…

Reactions: trapblock22
This is an opinion. It is your opinion that the players are under and feeling a ton of pressure. Based on their performance this past season, I’d say the team wasn’t feeling the pressure you’re talking about. The semi final game between Archmere and DMA was arguably the best Delaware high school game played this year.

This program steps up to pressure and takes on the challenges and adversity. Other programs shy away from big time matchups (sounds like Archmere is ducking Malvern), but DMA goes searching for them. This past season, DMA challenged Bonner. This upcoming season, DMA is challenging Malvern and trying to challenge Middletown.

Over the years, this board has notoriously complained about programs with ‘cupcake’ schedules and now the members of the forum are upset that a program is trying to challenge themselves with the best programs in the area and showing confidence in their players. It seems a little silly and sensitive to be upset about this.

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #SeahawkNation
where did the (sounds like Archmere is ducking Malvern come from). If you look at Archmere’s schedule next year, it is the exact same as it was this year. By the way pretty sure Archmere played the toughest schedule in 2A, and one of the toughest schedules in the whole state. I believe teams sign 2 year contracts. Which means Archmere can’t even change their schedule for another year, even if they wanted to. Doesn’t look to me like Archmere is ducking anyone, how can you play the toughest schedule in ur class and be ducking people. DMA got 2 shots at Archmere and couldn’t get a win, St Marks got 2 shots at Archmere and couldn’t get a win, Woodbridge was completely embarrassed by Archmere, Oh by the way, both DMA(27-7) and St Marks(41-0) were completely embarrassed by Archmere in one of their two games. Friends, Tower Hill, Tatnall all playoff teams that Archmere played and beat. Archmere played the schedule in front of them, defeated everyone, and the schedule turned out to be one of the toughest schedules of any team in the state.

sounds like Malvern reached out to archmere and archmere couldn't schedule them this year. that would have been a great game. archmere losing some key players, but so does every other team.

hopefully the DMA game against Malvern is streamed. should be a lot of fun to watch and a great atmosphere. Huge for them getting Malvern to come down to DMA too

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
where did the (sounds like Archmere is ducking Malvern come from). If you look at Archmere’s schedule next year, it is the exact same as it was this year. By the way pretty sure Archmere played the toughest schedule in 2A, and one of the toughest schedules in the whole state. I believe teams sign 2 year contracts. Which means Archmere can’t even change their schedule for another year, even if they wanted to. Doesn’t look to me like Archmere is ducking anyone, how can you play the toughest schedule in ur class and be ducking people. DMA got 2 shots at Archmere and couldn’t get a win, St Marks got 2 shots at Archmere and couldn’t get a win, Woodbridge was completely embarrassed by Archmere, Oh by the way, both DMA(27-7) and St Marks(41-0) were completely embarrassed by Archmere in one of their two games. Friends, Tower Hill, Tatnall all playoff teams that Archmere played and beat. Archmere played the schedule in front of them, defeated everyone, and the schedule turned out to be one of the toughest schedules of any team in the state.
Since your an Archmere guy, you should ask your coaches or AD about Malvern reaching out for a game. I have sources close with Malvern and was told that Archmere wanted nothing to do with Malvern. Malvern reached out and Archmere said NO!

On the other hand, DMA accepted the challenge immediately. The players have BOUGHT in to stepping up and taking on all challenges! Instead of being scared of the competition, DMA embraced the competition! Malvern reached out and DMA said YES!

There is no question that Archmere got the better of DMA this year! Congrats to Archmere on a great year, but ducking competition is just showing your players that you don’t believe they’re ready for the next level. If Archmere wanted to face Malvern and challenge themselves then they could’ve figured out the scheduling!

#TheTakeOver #WinOrLoseWeFight #Gritty #BuildingACulture

Since your an Archmere guy, you should ask your coaches or AD about Malvern reaching out for a game. I have sources close with Malvern and was told that Archmere wanted nothing to do with Malvern. Malvern reached out and Archmere said NO!

On the other hand, DMA accepted the challenge immediately. The players have BOUGHT in to stepping up and taking on all challenges! Instead of being scared of the competition, DMA embraced the competition! Malvern reached out and DMA said YES!

There is no question that Archmere got the better of DMA this year! Congrats to Archmere on a great year, but ducking competition is just showing your players that you don’t believe they’re ready for the next level. If Archmere wanted to face Malvern and challenge themselves then they could’ve figured out the scheduling!

#TheTakeOver #WinOrLoseWeFight #Gritty #BuildingACulture

Hey chest thumper! Do you not understand how two year game contracts work? Archmere had no openings to accept a game again their schedule was already set for this year. It's not that hard. Whether they would have accepted or not had they had an opening would be pure speculation.

Hey chest thumper! Do you not understand how two year game contracts work? Archmere had no openings to accept a game again their schedule was already set for this year. It's not that hard. Whether they would have accepted or not had they had an opening would be pure speculation.
It sounds like you’re out of the loop on the discussions with Malvern!

Also, i believe AI cancelled their game this year with Archmere. That should’ve given Archmere an EASY out of their game for this upcoming season! When there is a will there is a way!

#TheTakeOver #AcceptTheChallenge

#actlikeyouhavewonsomethingbefore #Archmereisyourdaddy
When you can’t attack the message, attack the messenger!

Fact: Archmere said NO to facing Malvern when they called.

Fact: DMA said YES to facing Malvern when they called.

#TheTakeOver #BuildingACulture #NoDucking #StriveForGreatness #AnyTeamAnyWhereAnyTime

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT