ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule Changes

You are kidding yourself if you think having some game film vs Malvern Prep is going to change anyone's recruiting projection. Either the player has the measurables and the athletic ability the coaches are looking for they don't. Playing Malvern changes none of that besides most the coaches today don't even watch a bunch of HS game film anymore unless it's Mater Dei vs SJB or something. Yeah sure if you go play Mater Dei and one of your players rushes for 100 plus or something like that they would get some looks for sure but then of course the kid that could do that would already be offered. I am sure Cam Edge would prefer the Bergen Catholic film not be on his real.. well unless you want to showcase how well you get sacked.

To say Archmere is hurting their kids chances of getting recruited by not scheduling Malvern Prep is just asinine.
There is a reason players with next level goals go to play for programs like Malvern, Dematha, St Joe’s prep, Hun, etc. It gives them exposure and opportunity to show they can compete with the best. You’re only lying to yourself if you think that doesn’t make a difference! The proof is out there! College coaches don’t care how you play in the small pond! They want to see how you play in the big pond!

#TheTakeOver #CompeteWithTheBest #TheDMADifference

According to statistics from the NCAA, approximately only 7.1% of high school football players go on to play college football.

That means that 93% of kids are playing to reap the benefits of being part of a team: being part of something greater than themselves (jeez do our teens need this today), learning how to lead and follow, dedication to self and teammates in the face of adversity, brotherhood, etc etc etc.

So leading a program on the tenant of “taking over” or playing in big ponds (when you can’t win in small ponds) again is simply narrow-minded and is really missing the point for the majority of players on your team.

I’m assuming that you’re only having your players show game film on the two Archmere games since they were the best team? After all, that’s what college coaches want to see right? Competing against the biggest “dawgs”?

Reactions: BackinBlack86
There is a reason players with next level goals go to play for programs like Malvern, Dematha, St Joe’s prep, Hun, etc. It gives them exposure and opportunity to show they can compete with the best. You’re only lying to yourself if you think that doesn’t make a difference! The proof is out there! College coaches don’t care how you play in the small pond! They want to see how you play in the big pond!

First off Malvern Prep is no DeMatha or SJP and you are right players go to those schools because the college coaches are recruiting their players and yes they can compete on the bigger stage against other like programs. No one is going to care about some D2 program from some non football power state playing and getting blown out by those programs.. The only way DMA is going to have a bunch of players get D1 scholarships is if they recruit in a bunch D1 caliber players. Just like all those schools you mentioned. All those schools got there the same way by offering financial aide, recruiting, housing, transportation and in some cases lowering the admission standards of said school in order to build a football factory. All of them from Don Bosco, SJP, DeMatha, Gilman, St Frances, Mater Dei, whomever the big dogs are they all started it by by recruiting and paying tuitions. If you got the studs then the college coaches will come by. It won't have anything to do with scheduling the likes of Malvern Prep.

Last edited:
Question for the Archmere people - how many of your players, on average, go on to play in college in a given year and what colleges have they gone too?

im going to guess like maybe 1 kid every other year chooses to play football in college and they go to John Hopkins or Princeton or The Naval Academy or something like that

Question for the Archmere people - how many of your players, on average, go on to play in college in a given year and what colleges have they gone too?

im going to guess like maybe 1 kid every other year chooses to play football in college and they go to John Hopkins or Princeton or The Naval Academy or something like that
Lmao just tell us you don’t like Archmere. You don’t have to hide behind these questions

As I posted before Delaware does a very good job in terms of D1 scholarships per football player. Always in the top 10 between 7-9 although the difference in the region is almost negligible.

C9sxAneXoAEyAcH

Reactions: DelaNewb
I’m not so sure that playing college football is the goal for kids who go to Archmere/Friends/Tower Hill/St Andrew’s/Tatnall? (Am I missing any other private schools?)

Do I have that wrong? Are sports in general the emphasis at these sort of schools? I can’t imagine parents sending their kids to these schools to play football (or any specific sport).

Last edited:
First off Malvern Prep is no DeMatha or SJP and you are right players go to those schools because the college coaches are recruiting their players and yes they can compete on the bigger stage against other like programs. No one is going to care about some D2 program from some non football power state playing and getting blown out by those programs.. The only way DMA is going to have a bunch of players get D1 scholarships is if they recruit in a bunch D1 caliber players. Just like all those schools you mentioned. All those schools got there the same way by offering financial aide, recruiting, housing, transportation and in some cases lowering the admission standards of said school in order to build a football factory. All of them from Don Bosco, SJP, DeMatha, Gilman, St Frances, Mater Dei, whomever the big dogs are they all started it by by recruiting and paying tuitions. If you got the studs then the college coaches will come by. It won't have anything to do with scheduling the likes of Malvern Prep.
Malvern produces plenty of next level talent and plenty of interest from college coaches! That being said, Malvern today, SJP tomorrow! DMA doesn’t have any plans on getting blown out! It’s time to put Delaware on the map and turn the nay sayers into yay sayers!

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #BuildingACulture #TheDMADifference

• Haha
I’m not so sure that playing college football is the goal for kids who go to Archmere/Friends/Tower Hill/St Andrew’s/Tatnall?

Do I have that wrong? Are sports in general the emphasis at these sort of schools?
For the Majority I would say no. But Archmere, Friends and Tatnall have put out multiple college players recently and Tatnal had an NFL player not too long ago.

I’m not so sure that playing college football is the goal for kids who go to Archmere/Friends/Tower Hill/St Andrew’s/Tatnall? (Am I missing any other private schools?)

Do I have that wrong? Are sports in general the emphasis at these sort of schools?

I believe that depends on the sport. I've noticed that Tower Hill has plenty of transfers for sports like lacrosse and they have plenty of lacrosse players go on to play at the D1 level.

For the Majority I would say no. But Archmere, Friends and Tatnall have put out multiple college players recently and Tatnal had an NFL player not too long ago.

That makes sense. I have to imagine lightning strikes every once in a while…like this year with Archmere’s team winning the state championship. I think that’s kinda cool when that happens (IMO). Just a random bunch of kids that come together and happen to win it all. Seems more pure and quintessential high school experience to me?

Reactions: trapblock22
This is how it is done in the big leagues... some shameful shit SMH.

Here is some quick bullets to it.

1) SJB and Mater Dei are in an arms race to garner the best high school players from one the countries most fertile talent pools (ie. California.. LOL)

2) playing for you neighborhood school has given way to some players making hour long commutes.

3) Nonexistent attendance boundaries.

4) MD and SJB are no long content on recruiting in their backyards.

5) MD and SJB have created pipelines to youth football fields.

6) MD and SJB will go to great lengths to help children (athletes)--- "Particularly if they show signs of being an ELITE ATHLETE."

7) MD and SJB will go to extraordinary lengths to woo prospects.

8. Offers Financial Aid, build active social media sites

9. Mater Dei offers VANS to shuttle players from West LA, Riverside County, Moreno Valley, Temecula (70 miles away) "Josh Hunter"

10. Mater Dei Coach Rollinson decided in 2014 to increased "financial scholarship aid" to players once he got beat a few times by SJB and Centennial.

11. Develop relationships with Youth football coaches so they can "Influence where Elite players go to school."

12. Mater Dei has a freaking "Director of Player Personnel" LMFAO!!! Pat Dunbar.

13. MD Coach Pat Dunbar stated after losing to Centennial and SJB in consecutive seasons.... "I can bring in those players."

Malvern produces recruits plenty of next level talent and plenty of interest from college coaches! That being said, Malvern today, SJP tomorrow! DMA doesn’t have any plans on getting blown out! It’s time to put Delaware on the map and turn the nay sayers into yay sayers!

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #BuildingACulture #TheDMADifference
FIFY

That makes sense. I have to imagine lightning strikes every once in a while…like this year with Archmere’s team winning the state championship. I think that’s kinda cool when that happens (IMO). Just a random bunch of kids that come together and happen to win it all. Seems more pure and quintessential high school experience to me?
Random bunch of kids? Let’s see a breakdown of how many players on Archmere’s roster don’t even live in the state of Delaware! It’d be interesting to see! Maybe @connorr11 can give us that breakdown!

#TheTakeOver

Archmere had the one kid Connor Furrey who went to play football at Yale... I think he did ok there..

I actually agree wit this, it worked well for RLC - tons of kids got $ for college by playing more regional teams instead of jst DE.
Without getting into a whole long thing about it, the schedule was not what got those kids offers.. Now that being said a schedule can go a long way in recruiting top players into your program.. Which is really what the Malvern thing is about

Last edited:
Where they live doesn’t make it less random does it?
I'd say its not as random as you're making it out to be when every player has to actively choose and pay to attend the school. I think its always more impressive when a group of homegrown kids play for their local public school and win a championship.

That being said, I don't know how many kids at Archmere are choosing Archmere for their football team. Historically, I think its been more of an academic choice rather than an athletic choice. On the other hand, a school like Caravel has been an athletic choice for many of their players and not an academic choice.

Maybe DMA should have tried scheduling some other D3s in the state. I don’t see them beating Dover, StGeorges… hell they may even lose to Appo and Penn. DMA is loaded with talent but not coached great… undisciplined for a military school go figure, some mind blowing play calling.

Hey Coach Linc, just make sure when you leave in a year or two that you make a loud exit like you did entrance. Also, stay out of kids Instagram direct messages that’s just creepy.
sorry, took a little too far

I guess 302takeover doesn’t understand what a contract is and that Archmere can’t just void it and make room for Malvern. Also, I’ve gathered some information from a source on Malvern staff…the date they’re looking for wouldn’t be open for Archmere (i.e not the week of AI) which was week 3, their week 4 by looking at the schedule that’s Howard vs Archmere week. I don’t think Archmere is looking to drop Howard who is always a top DE team.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Random bunch of kids? Let’s see a breakdown of how many players on Archmere’s roster don’t even live in the state of Delaware! It’d be interesting to see! Maybe @connorr11 can give us that breakdown!

#TheTakeOver
I would say a lot, since it is about a mile from the Pa border. Probably, Less than 50% but still a significant number. Why, is that somehow a problem? Most of the players that are from Pa, come from grade schools just over the De/Pa line. And most have one or both parents that also attended Archmere and want to give their children the same experience they had in high school. I know the Qb’s father is an Archmere alum and Udovich family has been sending their kids there since the 1970’s. So again not sure if your were questioning the phrase “random bunch of kids” that was said by someone on here. It sounds like you are trying to say Archmere recruits football players and that these players went to Archmere specifically for football, if that is what you are saying it could not be further from the truth.

I would say a lot, since it is about a mile from the Pa border. Probably, Less than 50% but still a significant number. Why, is that somehow a problem? Most of the players that are from Pa, come from grade schools just over the De/Pa line. And most have one or both parents that also attended Archmere and want to give their children the same experience they had in high school. I know the Qb’s father is an Archmere alum and Udovich family has been sending their kids there since the 1970’s. So again not sure if your were questioning the phrase “random bunch of kids” that was said by someone on here. It sounds like you are trying to say Archmere recruits football players and that these players went to Archmere specifically for football, if that is what you are saying it could not be further from the truth.
I think someone could argue that having the ability to pull almost 50% of your players from out of state gives a team/program a competitive advantage over a team that can only pull from their district. I haven't seen any evidence that Archmere is actively recruiting players, but you can't overlook that advantage. I think this is why many states don't allow private schools to compete for state titles against homegrown public schools.

My curiosity got the better of me and, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Archmere pulled a big time transfer from Tatnall that ended up playing on both sides of the ball for them. I don't know the cirumstances for the transfer, but I've heard most people say Archmere and Tatnall are on par with each other academically and pricing seems to be the same. The only major difference appears to be athletics. Kids transfer for all sorts of reasons though so there is no telling if that was the driver or not. I'm not an insider over there.

Well it looks like this board has been hoping over the last couple days lol. Most of you know who I support but I'm not getting into all the back in forth. I go based off of my kid and the kids that I see at the school. They enjoy playing for the coaches at DMA, their school and their peers. My kid told me they were playing Malvern and they are excited. When I mentioned that I saw they were possibly trying to schedule Middletown he said let's go. I feel like most of the kids have the same mentality, if they play a beast and get thumped of course they will be upset but they also know that they need to go and keep working to get up to that level. For context my kid lost a wrestling match 2-0 to a maryland state place winner and came off the mat and was mad because he knew there were opportunities that he missed and he already is working on how to get better. The kids there expect to beat whomever they play and it is a good attitude to have. In the end I'm just hoping for a successful season and hopefully we all get to see some exciting football when the season rolls around.

Well it looks like this board has been hoping over the last couple days lol. Most of you know who I support but I'm not getting into all the back in forth. I go based off of my kid and the kids that I see at the school. They enjoy playing for the coaches at DMA, their school and their peers. My kid told me they were playing Malvern and they are excited. When I mentioned that I saw they were possibly trying to schedule Middletown he said let's go. I feel like most of the kids have the same mentality, if they play a beast and get thumped of course they will be upset but they also know that they need to go and keep working to get up to that level. For context my kid lost a wrestling match 2-0 to a maryland state place winner and came off the mat and was mad because he knew there were opportunities that he missed and he already is working on how to get better. The kids there expect to beat whomever they play and it is a good attitude to have. In the end I'm just hoping for a successful season and hopefully we all get to see some exciting football when the season rolls around.

No one cares about them scheduling MP or MT. Play who you want. It was the bashing other programs for not scheduling them and that they are bragging that they are somehow better coaches than others because they scheduled them. I found the calling out Middletown on twitter kind of funny though.

Last edited:
No one cares about them scheduling MP or MT. Play who you want. It was the bashing other programs for not scheduling them and that they are bragging that they are somehow better coaches than others because they scheduled them. I found the calling out Middletown on twitter kind of funny though.
Couldn’t agree more, schedule whoever you like, but don’t call out another team for not scheduling a team. DMA_302Takeover took a low class shot at Archmere, a team by the way that you had ever opportunity to setting it on the field this year but could not get it done. Just a cheap shot directed at a team that you couldn’t beat on the field.

Couldn’t agree more, schedule whoever you like, but don’t call out another team for not scheduling a team. DMA_302Takeover took a low class shot at Archmere, a team by the way that you had ever opportunity to setting it on the field this year but could not get it done. Just a cheap shot directed at a team that you couldn’t beat on the field.
I'm with both you guys. I don't agree with calling out another team for not taking a game because we don't know the logistics. and I don't think they called out Middletown, Mtown posted they were looking for a game and DMA said that they would play them. I wouldn't say that is calling them out. If that game happened cool, if not cool as well. I said personally I would rather them schedule a game against Woodbridge or Delmar or Friends, just to see how they perform against a divisional team.

I agree ,MTown welcomed any challengers to the proverbial jungle and DMA accepted that challenge. Things took a turn for the worst when Archmere was called out by DMA for not playing certain teams. Hard to call out a team that kicked your a$$. Either way DMA is a team on the rise imo.

Looking back at the beginning of this thread, it is pretty clear that @DelaNewb and @BackinBlack86 were taking shots at DMA and their coaches before this 302 Takeover character had even started posting.

go take a nap pop pop.. I didn't take any shots just posted their tweets that they put out and posted they must be feeling froggy and scheduled Malvern. No shots taken. Now if what has been posted here (and on twitter) by others that they have been messaging players from other schools is true then they will have problems. From what I have read and heard the DIAA has vowed to crack down on the recruiting and transfers this year so we will see what happens.

Last edited:
@Uncle Bumfuzzled that DMA cat reminds me of back in grade school that new kid that transfers in and doesn't know how to act so he puffs all up with the tough talk and challenges the school bully to get him some playground cred. Kid gets his ass kicked around a bit but eventually falls in line. It seems Archmere wasn't enough so I guess MTown will have to take care of it should they accept the challenge 🤣

@BackinBlack86 comparing the coaching staff to a school kid that needs to get his ass kicked a bit sure does seem like a shot. I'm just a sleepy old pop pop though so I might be wrong.

I'm not a DMA guy either, but it seems off to pretend that you weren't going at DMA before this 302 Takeover mascot started firing off his replies.

Also failing to mention Archmere went to the State finals 4 times in that 30 years… Your Cherry picking stats my guy
I just said who won - and if go back another 10-15 Archmere picks up 2-3 titles. I figured 30 years was pretty back.

Lets do this - Archmere has won 1 title while these kids have been alive? Fair

@BackinBlack86 comparing the coaching staff to a school kid that needs to get his ass kicked a bit sure does seem like a shot. I'm just a sleepy old pop pop though so I might be wrong.

I'm not a DMA guy either, but it seems off to pretend that you weren't going at DMA before this 302 Takeover mascot started firing off his replies.
naw.. that was just a purely anecdotal comedy bit

giphy.gif

Legitimately asking here. And this is open to the whole forum.

Is it important for a team to play “the best of the best”? I’m not even sure what that means. But I took at a look at the max prep rankings last season.

Looks like Archmere was ranked 2, DMA was 4, Woodbridge 5, Friends 7, Caravel 8.

Are playing those top teams in the state not enough? I truly cannot understand the emphasis on any of the above teams playing better teams from outside of the state? What’s the advantage there?

In all honesty Delaware HS football isnt that good. We get beat handily out of state all the time and our kids get limited exposure.

So it really depends on what your goals are - if it is to use the sports as a vehicle to get recruited then DMA guy is right OOS comp brings more exposure. If your goal is to win a state title - which for most teams it is - then OOS doesn't do anything other then giving you some good competition to help you prep for the state playoffs - you play the best to become the best type of approach. But it could even hurt your chances if you get injuries.

Football is different in two key ways:

1) There isn't really a club component which is were recruiting happens in lacrosse, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. So the exposure is good for the kids since they don't get it other ways.
2) On the flip side - a reason to not play as much OOS - is that you only get 10 games and a few losses can really impact your play off chances or seeding. In lacrosse Sallies can go 8-7 and be #1 due to the points they get playing a national schedule. But there are 15 games its a bit more flexible.

Not saying I agree either way just playing devils advocate for both sides here. I do think its boring winning 40-0 every game so some decent OOS comp might spice up some teams schedules a bit and make them fun

Which was stupid.. IMO it cost them a state championship that year. Before going down there they were on a roll and the easy favorite to win the championship. Not only did no one get any scholarship offers/looks from the deal but they came back injured and not the same team. Their Mojo was taken from them plus they didn't didn't even get to play at the IMG facility they had to play at some old public school field.

I don't mind teams playing OOS and challenging themselves at all. The game just has to make sense and your players have to have at least a chance to be competitive. Going OOS and getting blown out doesn't help anyone involved and no one is getting recruited that way.. JMHO

FYI.. St Frances owns IMG.

2019- SFA 35 IMG 7
2021- SFA 34 IMG 24
Mtown wasnt the same for several years after that IMG game.

Agreed - some might not like it but recruiting is about exposure, marketing and who you know. Look at the 3-4 Caravel kids that transferred to that school up in Philly. Not a single D1 offer before transferring now Penn St, WVU, Ole Miss, etc. and that was BEFORE they even played a game at the new school. Even more schollys after the season.

Not saying it is a good thing but it is reality.

Reactions: DMA_302TakeOver
Lmao just tell us you don’t like Archmere. You don’t have to hide behind these questions

I personally like Archmere - my kid knows a bunch of the lacrosse players - but his statement is probably pretty accurate. Mostly D3 and the occasional D1AA player (like Moyer). But lets be honest this is true for pretty much every team in DE outside of say 5-8 D1 players across the entire state every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT