ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule Changes

I would say a lot, since it is about a mile from the Pa border. Probably, Less than 50% but still a significant number. Why, is that somehow a problem? Most of the players that are from Pa, come from grade schools just over the De/Pa line. And most have one or both parents that also attended Archmere and want to give their children the same experience they had in high school. I know the Qb’s father is an Archmere alum and Udovich family has been sending their kids there since the 1970’s. So again not sure if your were questioning the phrase “random bunch of kids” that was said by someone on here. It sounds like you are trying to say Archmere recruits football players and that these players went to Archmere specifically for football, if that is what you are saying it could not be further from the truth.
Archmere and Salesianum both have high # of PA kids but they are two great options at a much better price then the privates in PA. Salesianum has like 5 kids that chose between Sallies or Malvern for lacrosse but chose Sallies (17K compared to 35K).

That makes sense to me.

Agreed - some might not like it but recruiting is about exposure, marketing and who you know. Look at the 3-4 Caravel kids that transferred to that school up in Philly. Not a single D1 offer before transferring now Penn St, WVU, Ole Miss, etc. and that was BEFORE they even played a game at the new school. Even more schollys after the season.

Not saying it is a good thing but it is reality.

Just curious.. what former CA players got offered by those schools?

In all honesty Delaware HS football isnt that good. We get beat handily out of state all the time and our kids get limited exposure.

So it really depends on what your goals are - if it is to use the sports as a vehicle to get recruited then DMA guy is right OOS comp brings more exposure. If your goal is to win a state title - which for most teams it is - then OOS doesn't do anything other then giving you some good competition to help you prep for the state playoffs - you play the best to become the best type of approach. But it could even hurt your chances if you get injuries.

Football is different in two key ways:

1) There isn't really a club component which is were recruiting happens in lacrosse, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. So the exposure is good for the kids since they don't get it other ways.
2) On the flip side - a reason to not play as much OOS - is that you only get 10 games and a few losses can really impact your play off chances or seeding. In lacrosse Sallies can go 8-7 and be #1 due to the points they get playing a national schedule. But there are 15 games its a bit more flexible.

Not saying I agree either way just playing devils advocate for both sides here. I do think its boring winning 40-0 every game so some decent OOS comp might spice up some teams schedules a bit and make them fun

To be honest most the verbal offers are coming from the camps and combines these days and through the connections of those running the training and 7v7 programs attached. But verbals these days are just that.. "Official Offers" are really the only ones that matter anymore.

To be honest most the offers are coming from the camps and combines these days and through the connections of those running the training and 7v7 programs attached.
I agree with you there it does seem like camps are the most common place now...at least for kids that aren't at the nationally known schools.

Coaches giving out verbals these days be like..

king-candy.gif

well not in Delaware but some places lol

Just curious.. what former CA players got offered by those schools?
Wing, Collins, and the LB cant remember his name.

Collins is a beast - think he is going WVU or Penn St. Has great size for a CB, which in your previous comments is probably true that college coaches would have found him. Very likely as a 6'3" CB.

My comments were more that recruiting is a game - camps, showcases, expsoure, etc - is unfortunately what it has become

Coaches giving out verbals these days be like..

king-candy.gif

well not in Delaware but some places lol
I am big college football fan and watch recruiting and it is crazy think Miami or Bama has 245 offers last year. WTH. Then you hear of the "non committable offer" which means they said we offer you but you cant commit right now. Maybe I missed something but that's not a real offer. Kills me.

In sports other then football the "who you know" is even worse. There is some crazy stat that %94 of the D1 lacrosse players come from less then 100 high schools every year. Crazy amount of talent gets missed - hence why the top D3 schools in lacrosse can hang with and many times beat D1.

Recruiting is a pretty big racket.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Wing, Collins, and the LB cant remember his name.

Collins is a beast - think he is going WVU or Penn St. Has great size for a CB, which in your previous comments is probably true that college coaches would have found him. Very likely as a 6'3" CB.

My comments were more that recruiting is a game - camps, showcases, expsoure, etc - is unfortunately what it has become
Wing never ended up at NG he is at Sallies (shows some big offers on 247 but hasn't signed anywhere yet). The LB was Talib Wright and he signed with Long Island (pretty sure he could have done at least that well in DE) Collins is a D1 player but he was only a Soph at CA and very skinny then. Collins signed at WVU as a 6'4 205 LB. Who knows what he would have gotten had he stayed in DE but he has the measurables now that certainly would have garnered some D1 looks here..JMHO

Last edited:
In all honesty Delaware HS football isnt that good. We get beat handily out of state all the time and our kids get limited exposure.

So it really depends on what your goals are - if it is to use the sports as a vehicle to get recruited then DMA guy is right OOS comp brings more exposure. If your goal is to win a state title - which for most teams it is - then OOS doesn't do anything other then giving you some good competition to help you prep for the state playoffs - you play the best to become the best type of approach. But it could even hurt your chances if you get injuries.

Football is different in two key ways:

1) There isn't really a club component which is were recruiting happens in lacrosse, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. So the exposure is good for the kids since they don't get it other ways.
2) On the flip side - a reason to not play as much OOS - is that you only get 10 games and a few losses can really impact your play off chances or seeding. In lacrosse Sallies can go 8-7 and be #1 due to the points they get playing a national schedule. But there are 15 games its a bit more flexible.

Not saying I agree either way just playing devils advocate for both sides here. I do think its boring winning 40-0 every game so some decent OOS comp might spice up some teams schedules a bit and make them fun
I agree for the most part but in 2022 if your good enough you'll get noticed at pretty much any program in the state. Delaware currently has NFL starters from schools all across the state such as Middletown, Caesar Rodney, Caravel, Red Lion, Sallies, Hodgson. It doesn't always work out for those kids who leave to go to programs like Neumann Goretti btw. I have seen a lot of kids leave DE in hopes to get a D1 ride and either come back or get a similar/worse offer than they would staying home.

I am big college football fan and watch recruiting and it is crazy think Miami or Bama has 245 offers last year. WTH. Then you hear of the "non committable offer" which means they said we offer you but you cant commit right now. Maybe I missed something but that's not a real offer. Kills me.

In sports other then football the "who you know" is even worse. There is some crazy stat that %94 of the D1 lacrosse players come from less then 100 high schools every year. Crazy amount of talent gets missed - hence why the top D3 schools in lacrosse can hang with and many times beat D1.

Recruiting is a pretty big racket.
Coaches can put out what is called official offers and those go out In Dec of a player Junior year typically sometimes sooner.. They will look like these.. I just ignore all the other stuff on twitter about this offer and that offer etc.. It's all just noise and clutter.. look at me stuff

g8rvcbsjk4ikpjja2nt9

4153b4f72cb3ff288e92c291dbb283a9.jpg

CLafDbPUkAAqzeO-1.jpg

Last edited:
Coaches can put out what is called official offers and those go out In Dec of a player Junior year typically sometimes sooner.. They will look like these.. I just ignore all the other stuff on twitter about this offer and that offer etc.. It's all just noise and clutter.. look at me stuff

g8rvcbsjk4ikpjja2nt9

4153b4f72cb3ff288e92c291dbb283a9.jpg

And in football until they sign on ESD or NSD its really nothing to be honest. Common for teams to pull them or players to flip

I am serious. What exactly does this mean? Will he back at Smyrna next year or be a freshman at MD? Is this like an early commitment or is he done with HS?

Reactions: SmyrnaOnTop
Interesting assessment by Friedman.. do you agree?

WHAT THE TERPS ARE GETTING...​

Edge is a strong-armed quarterback with good size and mobility in and out of the pocket. When he can see the field, Edge has show outstanding accuracy with his throws. Edge hasn't had a problem completing passes to every corner of the field when he's able to set his feet and deliver the pass. As a sophomore, Edge's decision-making was a bit questionable but we saw drastic improvement in this area during his junior season. Pressure from the defensive line or blitzers can still caused ill-advised passes from Edge. He benefitted from a fairly basic offensive system and sub-par competition this past season so there will be an adjustment period once he gets to the college level.

Last edited:
You are correct. The internally linked article explained this. I didn’t know you could do this…
https://n.rivals.com/news/commitment-breakdown-qb-cameron-edge-reclassifies-to-2022-commits-to-umd

"classification" is simply just the year you graduate HS and become NCAA eligible.. Now a days kids can just go online and take whatever classes (core credits) needed to graduate (qualify for NCAA) and get them done in a few weeks. You end up with a diploma from the on-line school but NCAA nor the players care at this point. Many kids have done this to graduate early and enroll early at college but it's a new trend going a full year early. I suppose it's better than the trend of not graduating on time on purpose to reclass back a year. Also keep in mind SAT scores as a qualifier has been waived for last year and this year. They (SAT Scores) may never comeback as a NCAA qualifier if they are deemed not fair or biased toward any particular group of people.

Last edited:
So Cam Edge reclassified and signed with University Of Maryland. Huge news from duck creek. Who’s gonna be their successor?

BJ Alleyne? 🥸 lol all kidding aside any aspiring QB in DE would look to transfer to Smyrna. With that offense you are guaranteed to put up big numbers. Smyrna does have a JR QB Brian Wright (SR this year) on the roster but I have no idea how good he is.

"classification" is simply just the year you graduate HS and become NCAA eligible.. Now a days kids can just go online and take whatever classes (core credits) needed to graduate (qualify for NCAA) and get them done in a few weeks. You end up with a diploma from the on-line school but NCAA nor the players care at this point. Many kids have done this to graduate early and enroll early at college but it's a new trend going a full year early. I suppose it's better than the trend of not graduating on time on purpose to reclass back a year. Also keep in mind SAT scores as a qualifier has been waived for last year and this year. They (SAT Scores) may never comeback as a NCAA qualifier if they are deemed not fair or biased toward any particular group of people.
Thanks..wow..I will learn this "modern" stuff sooner or later....

Thanks..wow..I will learn this "modern" stuff sooner or later....
It was crazy the kid out of Texas Quinn Ewers declassified from the class of 2022 to 2021 in July just so he could enroll at Ohio state and get an NiL deal, then as soon as the season ended he transferred back to Univeristy of Texas I think because that is where he wanted to go. He just wanted to get paid before he was 18

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
It was crazy the kid out of Texas Quinn Ewers declassified from the class of 2022 to 2021 in July just so he could enroll at Ohio state and get an NiL deal, then as soon as the season ended he transferred back to Univeristy of Texas I think because that is where he wanted to go. He just wanted to get paid before he was 18

yeah man that's a crazy story.. He committed to Texas.. decided to forego his Sr year of HS and early enroll at OSU (like you said you have to be 18 in Texas to sign a NIL) Then portal transfers to Texas.. I am curious to know if OSU coaches knew his plan? If they did, did they just go along with it in hopes of trying to keep him?

Even crazier part is his 1.4 mil deal is with GT Sports Marketing a three year deal in exchange for autographs. Big question, what if he sucks in college?... does he still get to sign and get paid?

yeah man that's a crazy story.. He committed to Texas.. decided to forego his Sr year of HS and early enroll at OSU (like you said you have to be 18 in Texas to sign a NIL) Then portal transfers to Texas.. I am curious to know if OSU coaches knew his plan? If they did, did they just go along with it in hopes of trying to keep him?

Even crazier part is his 1.4 mil deal is with GT Sports Marketing a three year deal in exchange for autographs. Big question, what if he sucks in college?... does he still get to sign and get paid?
You do have to wonder if OSU knew because he ended up there really quick. As long as he signed that contract I'm sure he would have to pay him as long as he signs his quota of autographs, because if he sucks and he gets dropped that seems like a play for pay type of thing and that might make things really murky...like they aren't already lol

Your spot on the there is a simple set of classes a kid has to take to be NCAA eligible and its less then those needed by the state to graduate. It works out to be 16 classes and they have to be taken in the first 4 years of HS (regardless of grade). In public schools today with the ability to take 1/2 year classes you can accelerate this easily. My son had all his NCAA eligibility by JR year - he could have as you say taken a few DE required courses online and jump to college early.

Now if that's a good idea is another question all together. If your kid isnt a freak of nature or a hold back graduating early isn't usually a great idea. It is somewhat sport dependent but in general the truth is college coaches - football and lacrosse in particular - will tell you that they want older kids all day and 2x on Sunday. And most of the kids you see "graduating early" are really just graduating when they should have because they are reclassed. Football states like CA, TX, FL, GA, etc it is VERY common to start your kid late to kindergarten and then double them up at 8th grade. Also very common in lacrosse, especially in MD were in the private schools the FR can drive. If you look at the roster of D1 college football and lacrosse many will turn 20 FR year its become the norm.

I know reclassing" is a HOT topic and people get all worked up but I can tell you from personal experience college coaches like older kids. I was in person in a meeting one time where a parent asked the coach (top 20 lacrosse school) about "reclassing" and said she didn't believe in it. he laughed at her and said "no offense I will take a group of 19 or 20 year FR any day over a bunch of 17 or 18 year olds. They are more mentally and physically mature, I know what I am getting, etc. She was pissed but he was honest and said "this is a business we don't care if little johnny is 25 or 17 as long as he can put the ball in the net".

It was a very eye opening discussion for me. HS sports is about having fun, college sports is a business and they do what it takes to compete.

I don't know the Edge kid at all but given he went to MD HS and came back I would guess he is reclassed and its probably not a big deal for him to go a year early he probably ready and with in the range of average FR.

BJ Alleyne? 🥸 lol all kidding aside any aspiring QB in DE would look to transfer to Smyrna. With that offense you are guaranteed to put up big numbers. Smyrna does have a JR QB Brian Wright (SR this year) on the roster but I have no idea how good he is.
Damn right with that offense I want to come out of retirement and try to get my 3K pass yards.

something something Harlem Charter.. aka P Diddy's social justice school, is now off of Middletown's schedule. Putting MT back at 9 games needing one.

Middletown schedules their 10th and final game.

@IMG Academy October 28th at 7pm

that makes 3 tough games all away…

@St. John’s (DC) - 9/3
@Washington (OH) - 9/30
@IMG (FL) - 10/28

can’t say I’m a fan of this

Last edited:
  • Haha
Middletown schedules their 10th and final game.

@IMG Academy October 28th at 7pm

that makes 3 tough games all away…

@St. John’s (DC) - 9/3
@Washington (OH) - 9/30
@IMG (FL) - 10/28

lol.. Coach is drinking that Joe Maimone from PGL Kool-Aid. Same dude responsible for the Bishop Sycamore debacle. MT not going to stay within 4 TD's with any of those teams.

Reactions: Huskerman7
Good thing everybody in 3A makes the playoffs regardless of wins/losses/points
They don't only 8 get in BUT if you finish 1 or 2 in your district ( based on in district games only) you get an auto bid. Might even be top 3 in each district and 2 at large, in either case MT should be ok with that

Do we know which IMG team? They have 4. Can it be their National Team?

IMG has 3 teams.. National, Varsity and Post Grad

MT is playing the National

I guess the 52-7 beat down and loss of their starting RB wasn't enough for them the last time (2018) they went down to play them so they are going back for more. SMH

Honestly I am surprised the DIAA signs off on this. Most state associations won't allow their schools to play academy teams. California (CIF) even passed an "academy rule" in 2019 after Mater Dei played them and beat them 28-24 in 2018

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT