ADVERTISEMENT

2nd round playoff predictions

Feb 27, 2017
Mount vs cape- Mount: Cape played great vs Ceaser Rodney but I just don’t see how they can do the same vs mount, have to give this one to mount.

Glasgow vs SG- Sg: I feel glascow will have a hard time trying to control kyson and for this reason i give this game to st. georges, this should be the game of the night.

Woodbridge vs Penn- Penn: Penn is coming off a strong win and I feel they will be able to get an upset win.

Smyrna vs Milford- Smyrna: Smyrna is no red lion, Smyrna wins.

St. Marks vs St. thomas moore- St. Marks: Cant see st. Thomas moore winning without Elias and st. marks looked at their best vs Indian river, and I don’t think anythings changing.

Newark vs appo- Newark: Appo has a chance, but I can’t see them beating Newark @Newark.

Sallies vs Caravel- Caravel: Should be good game, but i feel Caravel has all their momentum now with Alderman back, and will be able to stop sallies

Sanford vs Stes- Stes: no doubt that this is the toughest game to pick, but i fell Jordan Moneys senior year he is not losing his 1st game

THOUGHTS/PREDICTIONS??

Reactions: Patcomic
Cape-they feel like they gave the first game away

St George- my favorite team this year

Woodbridge- this will be a close one

Smyrna-blow out after the 3rd quarter the big kid from Milford and Murray will be fouled out by then

STM- home team

Newark- too deep Cale won't be able to do it alone

Sals- balance team play and at home/ btw toughest game to pick

Mount vs Cape- Mount: Cape has a good first round but dont think they will have enough power for Mount.

Glasgow vs SG- Sg: I feel like Glasgow has no one to stop Bones and Kyson and that they will go off, SG win easily

Woodbridge vs Penn- WoodBridge: This will be a good game both teams are close in skill and style, but Woodbridge will get the job done.

Smyrna vs Milford- Smyrna: Smyrna is just too much for Milford to handle.

St. Marks vs St. thomas moore- St. Marks: St. Marks will slow the game down a lot and will hold St. Thomas moore a very low score and will win.

Newark vs appo- Newark: Newark is fresh and the game is at their home court which will give them a lot of momentum, will be a very close game but Newark wins.

Sallies vs Caravel- Caravel: Caravel has been playing well as a team, the kid Koy has been getting it done on the offensive end. Tre is now back and will space the floor very well for this team and help open gaps.

Sanford vs Stes- Sanford- Best game of the night, but Sanford is coming off a good win. The kid Jyare is a monster and will do what it takes to get it done for is his team.

Cape-they feel like they gave the first game away

St George- my favorite team this year

Woodbridge- this will be a close one

Smyrna-blow out after the 3rd quarter the big kid from Milford and Murray will be fouled out by then

STM- home team

Newark- too deep Cale won't be able to do it alone

Sals- balance team play and at home/ btw toughest game to pick

STM is not home the games at polytech

Don't get the argument STM can't hold enough people... the gym is a good size. How many do they need to be able to seat?

Cape, SG, Woodbridge, Milford (i like Cinderellas), STM, Appo (cale senior year and he hasn't been to the bob), caravel, sanford

Mount vs cape- Mount: Cape played great vs Ceaser Rodney but I just don’t see how they can do the same vs mount, have to give this one to mount.

Glasgow vs SG- Sg: I feel glascow will have a hard time trying to control kyson and for this reason i give this game to st. georges, this should be the game of the night.

Woodbridge vs Penn- Penn: Penn is coming off a strong win and I feel they will be able to get an upset win.

Smyrna vs Milford- Smyrna: Smyrna is no red lion, Smyrna wins.

St. Marks vs St. thomas moore- St. Marks: Cant see st. Thomas moore winning without Elias and st. marks looked at their best vs Indian river, and I don’t think anythings changing.

Newark vs appo- Newark: Appo has a chance, but I can’t see them beating Newark @Newark.

Sallies vs Caravel- Caravel: Should be good game, but i feel Caravel has all their momentum now with Alderman back, and will be able to stop sallies

Sanford vs Stes- Stes: no doubt that this is the toughest game to pick, but i fell Jordan Moneys senior year he is not losing his 1st game

THOUGHTS/PREDICTIONS??

Cape
St. George's
Woodbridge
Smyrna
St. Thomas More
Appo
Caravel
Sanford

After going 5-3 in round 1 (what happened to Howard I ask you) here goes for Round 2..,

Mount maybe struggles with Cape. Maybe I underestimated the Vikings. I still like Mount but could be close.

I like St George to win it all. Glasgow will give them a game but Rawls will not be denied.

Smyrna all over Milford.

Woodbridge too athletic for Wm Penn.

Caravel - Sals is an absolute toss up to me. I'll take Caravel.

Sanford will avenge collapse in regular season game at the E Center.

Appo looked much better against Howard than last I saw them. I'm not sold on Newark. Appo in a minor upset.

St Marks defense shuts down St Thomas and they play no More....ouch.

I like MP, Newark, Smyrna. I believe the rest of the games could go either way, I'll go with sallies, StE, Penn,StMarks and St G

Reactions: hoopsupstate
St. Marks and St Thomas More. Rematch of last year's 1st round playoff game and even with STM at full strength they barely got past St. Marks. After that showing in the 1st round I think ST. Marks keeps the season alive.
St. Georges, Mount, Smyrna, Sallies, Newark and Wood

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
Looking at APPO, they have a roster LOADED with Seniors. Do they really want their senior season to end already? Should be a great match up and interested to see if Cale continues to show up! Been to games where he should be the best player on the court and struggled. Needs to attack the rack more, settles too often but I heard he played well against Howard so keep going Mr. Seton Hall!
Newark is young but really loaded. 2-3 Freshmen on varsity who can all ball.

Appo will be the team that pulls off some big wins in the tournament, Miles not going to Seton Hall because of nothing & when it's comes down to it I believe he'll go off like Donte did on this tournament especially since this his last year. My pick Appo beats newark.

St. Marks and St Thomas More. Rematch of last year's 1st round playoff game and even with STM at full strength they barely got past St. Marks. After that showing in the 1st round I think ST. Marks keeps the season alive.
St. Georges, Mount, Smyrna, Sallies, Newark and Wood

You mentioned STMA barely getting by St. Mark's at full strength last year but what I don't think people realize is that the addition of Montanez made St. Thomas More a better team this year even though they loss the big kid Aaron Scott...plus all of the other starters returned. The loss of Revelle definitely hurt them but their starting 5 is good enough to get the job done...the only way they have trouble w/ St. Mark's is if they have to depend on their bench.

Sanford v St. E. Going with Sanford
MP v Cape. Going with MP
Sals v Caravel. Going with caravel/ sals sat to long, Caravel primed and ready.
St. George's vs Glasgow, going with Glasgow

Looking at APPO, they have a roster LOADED with Seniors. Do they really want their senior season to end already? Should be a great match up and interested to see if Cale continues to show up! Been to games where he should be the best player on the court and struggled. Needs to attack the rack more, settles too often but I heard he played well against Howard so keep going Mr. Seton Hall!
Newark is young but really loaded. 2-3 Freshmen on varsity who can all ball.
Newark is actually senior heavy only 1 junior and 2-sophomores will play in the playoffs unless a blow out. At least 4- seniors started every game

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
I agree, but last year was a first round game. This is second round and I believe they up the seating requirement. St. Mark's will probably have 10 fans there!
And the 10 that show will whine and cry from tip to buzzer about every whistle and non-whistle.

Went to the St TM St Marks game, DIAA got it right, St M bused in students, they had more fans than there home games smh place was rocking. Good game, one ref in particular was absolutely clueless. Good competitive game though, no team led by more than 5 the whole game. St M earned my respect. They play unselfish bb and good team defense. St TM will struggle in there next game, they lack a dominant guy that can carry the team when shots aren't falling but make up for it with hustle and heart. I came out of the game thinking without Scott and Revelle they are a avg Delaware team at best, just my opinion

Went to the St TM St Marks game, DIAA got it right, St M bused in students, they had more fans than there home games smh place was rocking. Good game, one ref in particular was absolutely clueless. Good competitive game though, no team led by more than 5 the whole game. St M earned my respect. They play unselfish bb and good team defense. St TM will struggle in there next game, they lack a dominant guy that can carry the team when shots aren't falling but make up for it with hustle and heart. I came out of the game thinking without Scott and Revelle they are a avg Delaware team at best, just my opinion

That avg team is headed to the Final 4. They proved a lot of people wrong getting there without both big men Scott & Revelle. Congrats to St. Thomas More.

Tell me more about St Tommy. Today was the first time I've ever seen them. They are missing two contributing players to injury?

Tell me more about St Tommy. Today was the first time I've ever seen them. They are missing two contributing players to injury?

6'5 Aaron Scott was 2nd Team All State last year & was ruled ineligible before the season started. 6'5 Elias Revelle failed off midseason. They have other players though w/ Montanez & Bloodsworth leading the way most nights now...they just aren't as deep w/ the loss of those 2 players BUT as I have said all year they play well together & seem to be well-coached. I believe they all played AAU together this summer & won DII Nationals 17U under Diamond State Titans.

6'5 Aaron Scott was 2nd Team All State last year & was ruled ineligible before the season started. 6'5 Elias Revelle failed off midseason. They have other players though w/ Montanez & Bloodsworth leading the way most nights now...they just aren't as deep w/ the loss of those 2 players BUT as I have said all year they play well together & seem to be well-coached. I believe they all played AAU together this summer & won DII Nationals 17U under Diamond State Titans.

Totally correct they been playing together for awhile. Imho STMA coach should get COY.

I don't understand how Appo used Cale today he needed more touches. Sometimes he plays too unselfish.

Last edited:
Totally correct they been playing together for awhile. Imho STMA coach should get COY.

I don't understand how Appo used Cale today he needed more touches. Sometimes he plays too unselfish.
Said the same about the coach but somebody said the assistants do more then him so I think if St. George's wins tonight griffin gets it if not mounts Sullivan could have a shot maybe..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT