ADVERTISEMENT

3 weeks from playoffs

Mar 7, 2017
Playoffs are closer than we think.
Who do you guys think can win the chip this year?

Appo clear cut the favorite, then I’d have to pick sallies such a deep lineup and great pitching. Maybe Dover or Newark charter could pull it off.

Thoughts on anyone else?

Sussex Tech puts a lot runners over plate and plays very solid defense, also having a top notch pitcher like Warrington is a plus I wouldn’t discount them.

If Caravel or St Marks get hot the last couple of weeks, with momentum on their side, they could also be a problem.

Same goes for Concord and Milford, either one could pull of the proverbial upset.

Tournament dates are as follows:
May 23- Round 1
May 25- Round 2
May 28- Quarters
May 30- Semis
June 1- Finals

Who has the most pitching depth beyond their "ace"? Does Appo have so much O that it doesn't matter?

Tournament dates are as follows:
May 23- Round 1
May 25- Round 2
May 28- Quarters
May 30- Semis
June 1- Finals

Who has the most pitching depth beyond their "ace"? Does Appo have so much O that it doesn't matter?
They have good pitching to go with it in Davis and Keene

Sussex Tech, Appo, St. Marks....not sure about the 4th be definitely not Milford or Sallies.

Yeah, not sure St. Marks pitching can hold up. DEJUICE swung and missed on that assessment.
Definitely not someone with an agenda, I have no skin in the game and it isn't that I think Sallies shouldn't be there. I am just saying that over the past 9-10 years, Sallies seems to come up short more times than not. When you are talking the final 4, St. Mark's has gone further, more times, than Sallies in the past 9-10 years. I would actually like to see Sallies in the championship game as I believe it has been 10 or more years since they have been there....and it wasn't for lack of talent....it was just the fact it is baseball and they came up short.

Reactions: HighSchoolJock0364
Y’all just gonna not include Dover or Newark Charter in this conversation. Both teams have the bats and pitching to go deep in the playoffs

Reactions: Patcomic
Y’all just gonna not include Dover or Newark Charter in this conversation. Both teams have the bats and pitching to go deep in the playoffs

I believe the thread started with Appo,Sallies,Dover and NC....any OTHER teams that could make some noise, just saying of course

Appo vs Dover in the finals Appo 2019 DIAA Champions. Appo is probably going to have to get through St. Mark's and Sallies before Dover. With Dover going through Caravel then Newark Charter before losing to Appo. Basing my current rankings off of maxpreps.com

Looks like Sallies will be 2 seed if they win today so they won’t meet Appo until Chip. Newark Charter/Dover will be 3/4 seeds.

26w-cover1_-c-ta-300x300.jpg

Reactions: 8yaz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT