ADVERTISEMENT

Pre Season Predictions?

It's really simple why public schools are failing. Speaking from a parental point of view the public schools in Northern Delaware at the high school level are awful. My kids went the charter route as I was determined that they wouldn't spend a single day in the feeder high school we would have went to. I've spoken with several parents that feel the same way. Had absolutely nothing to do with sports. As far as public school kids being poached by private schools...sure it happens but not as much as the rumor gossip mill makes it sound. Private school tuitions are out of control right now. Even with aid and everything else it's still a major expense for most parents especially with college on the horizon.

I think we can sum up with this. Public schools in New Castle County absolutely suck and won’t be around much longer. End of story.

Really just the Red Clay and Christina Districts. Brandywine District is ok, Colonial is ok and of course Appo District is real solid

BSD not as great as you think, colonial is a nightmare. RC and Christina need to be napalmed and rebuilt from the foundations up. On that note, too many administrators are able to move around districts and make things worse. The RC super was in BSD for a while and was a joke. He went to doe, still a joke. Super now of the biggest district and only getting worse. All, including appo, have bad administration from the top down. This is why there is no oversight of kids transferring and any bylaws that need to be followed. They are payed (paid?) way too much to care. Sorry, homonyms messing with my word usage.

Great player but Markell Holman may have something to say about it. Offered from all three Military Academies. We will have to see if he stays at CR or transfers somewhere..

Others to watch for POY besides Knight, Albero or Holman

RB Kilby -Dover
RB Richie-Hartman- STG
WR Parker-Dover

2A

QB Alleyne- DMA
QB Tyndall- Lake
RB/LB K Udovich- Archmere
WR Prescott- WB
OL/DL Watson- St Marks
OL/DL DeNigris- DMA

1A

RB Benson- St E
QB Shockley- Laurel
I am very close to 2A, especially Archmere.. and there are a lot of really good players that will make a difference… RJ Mathews, BJ Alleyne, Robby Tattersall, multiple kids at St Marks… Martin, Chase Palentino (sp?), and I’m sure I’m missing plenty of others… No disrespect intended … but I think 2A is wide open … and whoever wins it will certainly have earned it !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT