ADVERTISEMENT

Pre Season Predictions?

Jan 30, 2022
Since the Summer is about to start soon, where does everyone see each Division playing out?
For 3a
Playoffs
1. Smyrna (They have the best player in the State and a decent core coming back)
2. Sals ( This might surprise some people but I think them changing the offense to a Spread and getting another year to learn will help them)
3. Middletown ( Lost a ton of talent will be interesting how they can replace the production with a very tough schedule)
4. St George’s ( Weird team that lost some key seniors but have some younger guys that look good)
5. Sussex Central ( Don’t know much about the roster but they always seem to be a competitive team)
6. Appo ( Same situation with St George’s they lost key seniors but also have young talent maybe not as polished as STG tho)
7. Dover ( Lost key players will be hard to replace them)
8.William Penn (Same thing as Dover)
Misses The Cut
9. Hodgson ( Seem to have cooled down since having some of their best teams in the schools history will be interesting what the can do this season and in the future)
10. CR (Really young team last year hopefully they can improve from a winless season last year)
11. Cape (Had a lot a Seniors last year and didn’t do much)
I don’t know much about 2a and 1a so I’m interested to read up on what the people on the thread have to say.

Last edited:
I am kind of turned off by early predictions. If you guys remember last year I picked Middletown to go 1-8 and win the AAA title. Everybody laughed at me. I guess I showed you guys.

Now back to reality…

My early prediction is that the Cape total record will approach .500. I just have this feeling that Cape is ready for their once every 20 year relevance. This new coach just might have some whoopee dust…..

Since the Summer is about to start soon, where does everyone see each Division playing out?
For 3a
Playoffs
1. Smyrna (They have the best player in the State and a decent core coming back)
2. Sals ( This might surprise some people but I think them changing the offense to a Spread and getting another year to learn will help them)
3. Middletown ( Lost a ton of talent will be interesting how they can replace the production with a very tough schedule)
4. St George’s ( Weird team that lost some key seniors but have some younger guys that look good)
5. Sussex Central ( Don’t know much about the roster but they always seem to be a competitive team)
6. Appo ( Same situation with St George’s they lost key seniors but also have young talent maybe not as polished as STG tho)
7. Dover ( Lost key players will be hard to replace them)
8.William Penn (Same thing as Dover)
Misses The Cut
9. Hodgson ( Seem to have cooled down since having some of their best teams in the schools history will be interesting what the can do this season and in the future)
10. CR (Really young team last year hopefully they can improve from a winless season last year)
11. Cape (Had a lot a Seniors last year and didn’t do much)
I don’t know much about 2a and 1a so I’m interested to read up on what the people on the thread have to say.
Who is the best player in the state on Smyrna?

I am kind of turned off by early predictions. If you guys remember last year I picked Middletown to go 1-8 and win the AAA title. Everybody laughed at me. I guess I showed you guys.

Now back to reality…

My early prediction is that the Cape total record will approach .500. I just have this feeling that Cape is ready for their once every 20 year relevance. This new coach just might have some whoopee dust…..
Idk they had a lot of seniors and didn’t do well. I think there will be a long road until they can start winning.

For best player argument I would probably have to say Albero at Archmere...kid can flat out play...last year he had talent around him but definitely think he elevates any team he is on

For best player argument I would probably have to say Albero at Archmere...kid can flat out play...last year he had talent around him but definitely think he elevates any team he is on
There’s some really good players like Alberto but Yamir is just different. I mean all of the Knight Brothers are.

I will take a shot at this
3A-Middletown and Smyrna clearly above the rest — Teams that have a chance if things fall right Sallies-Central-St George’s. Can’t see anyone else making a run
2A-should be most competitive division, at least 6 teams believe they will win the championship St Marks, DMA, Archmere, Friends, Caravel, Delmar all should have an opportunity to win the Championship. I think Woodbridge might take a slight step back this year as they retool, they lost a ton, Howard could surprise!
1A- I think it is St E’s to lose, Laurel will be there but lost some really good talent, Tatnall could surprise

There’s some really good players like Alberto but Yamir is just different. I mean all of the Knight Brothers are.

Great player but Markell Holman may have something to say about it. Offered from all three Military Academies. We will have to see if he stays at CR or transfers somewhere..

Others to watch for POY besides Knight, Albero or Holman

RB Kilby -Dover
RB Richie-Hartman- STG
WR Parker-Dover

2A

QB Alleyne- DMA
QB Tyndall- Lake
RB/LB K Udovich- Archmere
WR Prescott- WB
OL/DL Watson- St Marks
OL/DL DeNigris- DMA

1A

RB Benson- St E
QB Shockley- Laurel

Last edited:
Great player but Markell Holman may have something to say about it. Offered from all three Military Academies. We will have to see if he stays at CR or transfers somewhere..

Others to watch for POY besides Albero

RB Kilby -Dover
RB Richie-Hartman- STG
WR Parker-Dover

2A

QB Alleyne- DMA
QB Tyndall- Lake
RB/LB K Udovich- Archmere
WR Prescott- WB
OL/DL Watson- St Marks
OL/DL DeNigris- DMA

3A

RB Benson- St E
QB Shockley- Laurel
Do you have 1A and 3A flipped?

3A-Middletown and Smyrna clearly above the rest — Teams that have a chance if things fall right Sallies-Central-St George’s. Can’t see anyone else making a run
2A-should be most competitive division, at least 6 teams believe they will win the championship St Marks, DMA, Archmere, Friends, Caravel, Delmar all should have an opportunity to win the Championship. I think Woodbridge might take a slight step back this year as they retool, they lost a ton, Howard could surprise!
1A- I think it is St E’s to lose, Laurel will be there but lost some really good talent, Tatnall could surprise
I just don’t see Middletown having a good year compared the past couple years. They lost so much talent and have a very difficult schedule. 2a looks like Archmere should be the top dog and will probably win the State again if I had to guess.

Wouldn't be surprised if Odessa makes a big jump this coming season and contends for the 1A title with Laurel and St E

Wouldn't be surprised if Odessa makes a big jump this coming season and contends for the 1A title with Laurel and St E
Odessa for the next 5 years will be very good. There talent pool should be insanely good and should be completing for championships in 2a and 3a in the future.

So, does Odessa grow at Middletown's expense, or are they self sustaining? Will Colonial lose out on more athletes since the districts border each other down that way? Vo-techs lose out as well?

Woodbridge always find a way, I’m sure they have young guys waiting to dominate

So, does Odessa grow at Middletown's expense, or are they self sustaining? Will Colonial lose out on more athletes since the districts border each other down that way? Vo-techs lose out as well?
I assume Middletown will take a hit. I think St George’s and Hodgson will be okay.

@84rider … let them keep selling MHS short . True they did lose A LOT ( especially the DL ) but have 4/5 of their OL , all the RBs , new transfer QB a plethora of WRs !!! And they have talent on the Def side too . Plus when was the last time Middletown wasn’t good ?

I don’t mind the selling MTown short stuff but when every post is anti one school, it’s just start to add up to hating. @Bucsnot, you and I have been around long enough to know that MTown will reload and be a very tough team. Smyrna is much the same, they always reload and come back strong year after year. The growth going on in the Smyrna Clayton and Middletown Odessa area bringing a lot of talent to those areas. The growth going on in Kent and Sussex counties is different in that a lot of retirees are moving in to enjoy the beach life. Property is still a lot more attainable for working class people up north. Properties down south are ridiculous. Small lots in Rehoboth are selling for over a million and lots in Lewes are 700k. Anyway as a lifelong 302er we’ve seen a lot of changes in athletics, the old days are gone. Back in the 70s and 80s there was school pride without trashing other schools.

@84rider … let them keep selling MHS short . True they did lose A LOT ( especially the DL ) but have 4/5 of their OL , all the RBs , new transfer QB a plethora of WRs !!! And they have talent on the Def side too . Plus when was the last time Middletown wasn’t good ?

Who's the new trans QB?

NPOA, Rider…plus unless there is a dramatic change, the Smyrna District plan is for only one High School…that is going to end up being one big HS…Wm. Penn plus…

Last edited:
@BackinBlack86 …. Austin Troyer

Interesting player..a good get but in no way a slam dunk for MT. He comes from a pretty good MIAA A program (Archbishop Spalding) Another QB Factory player but is unproven at the varsity level. Will the JR (Kolbjornsen) that is there at least be given a fair shot to compete for the spot?

Wasn't the starter (QB3 actually) for AS last year nor would he be this year with another highly touted c/o 2025 QB Factory kid (Malik Washington) taking the helm at AS. Probably a good move to come to MT and compete for the job. Highlights are preseason and mostly JV or mop up but he seems to have some tools just not near as athletic as Malik Washington whom already has offer to VA Tech so no way he was going to start AS. Troyer seems very similar to Kolbjornsen. Should be a good competition for starting QB IMO

Last edited:
@BackinBlack86 … have you actually seen him throw lately?
not in a football game no.. There is some stuff on twitter or whatever but everyone looks good on those films being they edit out the bad throws, no rush, no reads and what not so I don't put much stock in them. I'm not saying the kid won't be good just he is unproven. The kid that is at Middletown will grow and develop before the season as well. Just saying it's no slam dunk the kid even wins the job at MT unless he was promised something to come there.

May 27th

Last edited:
I don’t mind the selling MTown short stuff but when every post is anti one school, it’s just start to add up to hating. @Bucsnot, you and I have been around long enough to know that MTown will reload and be a very tough team. Smyrna is much the same, they always reload and come back strong year after year. The growth going on in the Smyrna Clayton and Middletown Odessa area bringing a lot of talent to those areas. The growth going on in Kent and Sussex counties is different in that a lot of retirees are moving in to enjoy the beach life. Property is still a lot more attainable for working class people up north. Properties down south are ridiculous. Small lots in Rehoboth are selling for over a million and lots in Lewes are 700k. Anyway as a lifelong 302er we’ve seen a lot of changes in athletics, the old days are gone. Back in the 70s and 80s there was school pride without trashing other schools.
I’m not bashing Middletown I just think this will be somewhat of a retool year for them. I think next year they will easily be the best team in the state but for now there will be some growing pains. Odessa was one of Middletown’s best places to pick up talent now it’s gone. I think it will impact them in the future. I don’t think it is crazy to say that. Also I think MT’s new transfer Qb will loose the job to last years backup. I remember the kid throwing dimes deep down the field it would be hard in my mind for the transfer to beat him just my opinion.

I’m not bashing Middletown I just think this will be somewhat of a retool year for them. I think next year they will easily be the best team in the state but for now there will be some growing pains. Odessa was one of Middletown’s best places to pick up talent now it’s gone. I think it will impact them in the future. I don’t think it is crazy to say that. Also I think MT’s new transfer Qb will loose the job to last years backup. I remember the kid throwing dimes deep down the field it would be hard in my mind for the transfer to beat him just my opinion.

As long as there is school choice and Middletown keeps winning they will continue to get the pick of the litter in the MOT area and beyond. No parent of a good player with college scholarship asperations will send their kid to a 1A school. Odessa will get some players but the top ones will still choice to MT for the time being but things can and do change just it won't be in the immediate future.

As long as there is school choice and Middletown keeps winning they will continue to get the pick of the litter in the MOT area and beyond. No parent of a good player with college scholarship asperations will send their kid to a 1A school. Odessa will get some players but the top ones will still choice to MT for the time being but things can and do change just it won't be in the immediate future.
I believe that you can’t choice in anymore in appo’s school district. That’s what I heard because the school district wanted as many kids as possible to go to odessa. I don’t know if this is 100% true can someone confirm this.

I believe that you can’t choice in anymore in appo’s school district. That’s what I heard because the school district wanted as many kids as possible to go to odessa. I don’t know if this is 100% true can someone confirm this.

I know they put a pause on choice in the district when Appo first opened but I don't think they did it for Odessa.

NEIGHBORHOOD FEEDER PATTERNS

Your residential address determines the schools that your child(ren) will attend.*

In the Appoquinimink School District, Neighborhood Feeder Patterns include assignments to an: Early Childhood Center (Grades KG), Elementary School (Grades 1-5), Middle School (Grades 6-8), and High School (Grades 9-12).

To determine the feeder pattern for the home you live in, or are considering purchasing, click on the School Locator feature below, then enter the house number, street name, and zip code.

GROWTH BRINGS CHANGE

Appoquinimink is proud to be one of Delaware's fastest-growing school districts. As our enrollment increases, new schools are constructed to meet the demand. When that happens, neighborhood feeder patterns are revised to reflect the addition of new facilities. Parents, staff and members of the public are informed and involved in this process.

DISCLAIMER:

Large developments may "straddle" two different school districts. An example would be the community of Bayberry. Addresses in the front of the development are served by the Appoquinimink School District. Homes in the back of the community are part of the Colonial School District.

If school district assignments play a significant role in your decision about home ownership, be sure to check the address of the residence you are considering before purchasing your new home. Fast-paced growth, coupled with the popularity of our school system, make it difficult to "choice in" to the Appoquinimink School District from outside our boundaries. It's wise to educate yourself before signing a contract.

*The exception to this rule is children who have applied for, and been accepted through the "School Choice" process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT