ADVERTISEMENT

Pre Season Predictions?

I heard it’s the backup from the last 2 years…I forget his name but he’s gonna be a SR next year.

One of the Smyrna peoples on here said they were set at QB for the next 3 cycles. Pretty sure one of them is the OC's son who is in Middle School currently
I’m guessing he will have a great grasp on the offense lol….Their middle school team runs the same spread offense as the HS…I looked up their record…they outscored everyone something crazy like 260-20. Football factory lol

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Any idea why the Troyer kid transferred to MT? It's not like MT is right down the road from Spalding. The video of him throwing looks good but no rush and no pads can be misleading.

Any idea why the Troyer kid transferred to MT? It's not like MT is right down the road from Spalding. The video of him throwing looks good but no rush and no pads can be misleading.
It’s probably a family thing. Lots of people are moving to the Middletown/Smryna area for jobs. Or They recruited him but I doubt it.

It’s probably a family thing. Lots of people are moving to the Middletown/Smryna area for jobs. Or They recruited him but I doubt it.

Lives in Chestertown so Middletown is a lot closer than Severn Md (Archbishop Spalding) is (1.5 hours vs 30 minutes). Mom is from Dover so they have ties to DE. We can only assume they moved to Delaware or transferred guardianship to a relative in DE. I am sure Chris Baucia (QB Factory) may have had something to do with him choosing to go to Middletown. One of Baucia's other highly rated clients will be the starter for Spalding so I am sure he helped in placing him somewhere. I am guessing Middletown's schedule might be a reason he chose MT as well. Or maybe he was looking at Smyrna or MT and MT told him what he wanted to hear. Who knows? These are just educated guesses though.

Last edited:
Chestertown to Spalding . Damn at $5 gallon that's crazy. I'm going to show my age but I hate all this picking schools and transfer crap. The portal is ruining college sports and high school is not far behind. It's all sketchy in my opinion. I trust nobody. Glad I got out of the game when I did.

I’m guessing he will have a great grasp on the offense lol….Their middle school team runs the same spread offense as the HS…I looked up their record…they outscored everyone something crazy like 260-20. Football factory lol

256-18 ..😮

1​
9/22/21​
Wed​
4:15pm​
Milford MS
A​
Milford HSView Results
W​
44-0​
2​
9/30/21​
Thu​
4:00pm​
Chipman MS
H​
Smyrna MSView Results
W​
46-0​
3​
10/7/21​
Thu​
6:00pm​
Fifer MS
H​
Smyrna HSGame will be played at Smyrna High School main stadium field
View Results
W​
42-6​
4​
10/14/21​
Thu​
Postlethwait MS
A​
Postlethwait MSView Results
W​
38-0​
5​
10/21/21​
Thu​
Magnolia MS
H​
Smyrna MSView Results
W​
58-0​
6​
10/28/21​
Thu​
Woodbridge MS
A​
Filmore Clifton StadiumView Results
W​
28-6​
7​
11/4/21​
Thu​
Dover Central MS
A​
Dover Central MSView Results
W​
12-6​

256-18 ..😮

1​
9/22/21​
Wed​
Milford MS
A​
Milford HSView Results
W​
44-0​
2​
9/30/21​
Thu​
Chipman MS
H​
Smyrna MSView Results
W​
46-0​
3​
10/7/21​
Thu​
Fifer MS
H​
View Results
W​
42-6​
4​
10/14/21​
Thu​
Postlethwait MS
A​
W​
38-0​
5​
10/21/21​
Thu​
Magnolia MS
H​
Smyrna MSView Results
W​
58-0​
6​
10/28/21​
Thu​
Woodbridge MS
A​
W​
28-6​
7​
11/4/21​
Thu​
Dover Central MS
A​
W​
12-6​
Lol much different then the CYO football I remember in the 80’s - 90’s ha!

• Haha
Central held them to 12 and scored 6...does Dover have something coming up?

256-18 ..😮

1​
9/22/21​
Wed​
Milford MS
A​
Milford HSView Results
W​
44-0​
2​
9/30/21​
Thu​
Chipman MS
H​
Smyrna MSView Results
W​
46-0​
3​
10/7/21​
Thu​
Fifer MS
H​
View Results
W​
42-6​
4​
10/14/21​
Thu​
Postlethwait MS
A​
W​
38-0​
5​
10/21/21​
Thu​
Magnolia MS
H​
Smyrna MSView Results
W​
58-0​
6​
10/28/21​
Thu​
Woodbridge MS
A​
W​
28-6​
7​
11/4/21​
Thu​
Dover Central MS
A​
W​
12-6​

Kind of watered down imo, CR has 4 middle schools. Not saying they would of won but if you take the best of the 4 schools I’m pretty sure the score would be a little different.

CR has 4 middle schools? Damn where are those kids going to high school at? I mean no disrespect but CR hasn't exactly been all that great lately.

Reactions: 84rider
CR has 4 middle schools? Damn where are those kids going to high school at? I mean no disrespect but CR hasn't exactly been all that great lately.

football is the only anomaly, they do well in every other sport. Baseball, Lacrosse, Soccer and Wrestling. I believe the system has a lot to do with the results and student athlete participation. If you look at overall school athletics, CR usually finishes top 5 in the state especially when you throw in Tennis, Swimming & Golf.

Dover AFB kids are dispersed throughout Kent County when families leave base housing. Polytech accounts for a big number of middle school kids and the DSU school is also picking up kids. Dover High has a great advanced pre college curriculum which also attracts kids.

In a way, this mirrors William Penn, A large number of students should logically result in better sports teams. Howard, Hodgson & St. Georges get a lot of the Colonial District athletic talent. Back in the day, Reynolds, Holloway, Johnson and Garner would keep the jocks at that big building on Basin Rd. Time marches on…..

Last edited:
football is the only anomaly, they do well in every other sport. Baseball, Lacrosse, Soccer and Wrestling. I believe the system has a lot to do with the results and student athlete participation. If you look at overall school athletics, CR usually finishes top 5 in the state especially when you throw in Tennis, Swimming & Golf.
I saw a thing the other day where CR was one of like 5 schools that had 6 of 7 fall sports teams made playoffs. And they are always good in most other sports. I do wonder what the fall off the last few years has been regarding the football team

I saw a thing the other day where CR was one of like 5 schools that had 6 of 7 fall sports teams made playoffs. And they are always good in most other sports. I do wonder what the fall off the last few years has been regarding the football team
Outdated system and a reluctance to play under class men at the varsity level. The football team plays the juniors and seniors when there’s some better sophomores on the team. These young guys get discouraged and stop playing sports, according to one of the parents I work with.

Outdated system and a reluctance to play under class men at the varsity level. The football team plays the juniors and seniors when there’s some better sophomores on the team. These young guys get discouraged and stop playing sports, according to one of the parents I work with.
That’s unfortunate. The best kids should play should always play.

I would hold off on predictions until after transfer season

Like I said.. Let's try this again..lol

OK everyone gets started Monday so who won the 2022 Transfer Season?

Middletown got the volume but Smyrna got the best player...

Class 3A
1. Smyrna- Brings back more kids in the system and adds a key piece to replace Wa Knight
2. Middletown- Added some good players from OOS and has to break in a new QB and new system for him. How will this team gel with the additions of outsiders?
3. Central- Brings back almost everyone and adds a top baller at QB (injured last season)
4. Sallies- Sallies will be Sallies plus they have some new editions as well.
5. Can't decide from STG or Dover

Class 2A
1. Woodbridge- Just got a feeling they will be back on top..
2. Howard- Coach will have this group of athletes running up top again
3. Archmere- Well coached and Albero is great just think they lost too much to stay on top
4. DMA- Lost a bunch but still has some talent to be top 5
5. Cant decide between Lake, CA or Friends

Class 1A
1. St E's- Benson
2. Laurel- Shockley
3. Odessa- Vinnie O
4. Seaford- Bolden
5. Who cares

Last edited:

Class 3A
1. Smyrna- Brings back more kids in the system and adds a key piece to replace Wa Knight
2. Middletown- Added some good players from OOS and has to break in a new QB and new system for him. How will this team gel with the additions of outsiders?
3. Central- Brings back almost everyone and adds a top baller at QB (injured last season)

Class 2A
3. Archmere- Well coached and Albero is great just think they lost too much to stay on top

Class 1A
1. St E's- Benson
2. Laurel- Shockley
3. Odessa- Vinnie O
4. Seaford- Bolden
5. Who cares
What’s the hype around SC. They got blown out by Smryna Middletown Sallies Dover and lost to St George’s. What am I missing? I do not see them as a top 5 team.

What’s the hype around SC. They got blown out by Smryna Middletown Sallies Dover and lost to St George’s. What am I missing? I do not see them as a top 5 team.
I honestly was thinking the exact same thing.

I Personally think the dark horse team to look out for is Dover. Coach Knapp is in his 2nd year. He’s well established. He’s gotten a new coaching team from the Kent stallions, and they have some ballers there. I wouldn’t be surprised if they upset the top 2 big dogs

Reactions: nomorenonstop

ummm. you do realize high school rosters change every year and what happened last year doesn't mean anything. Some programs with integrity have to take a year to rebuild sometimes and don't just recruit in what they need.

Maybe this means something to you

2018 Central 31 Smyrna 12 Central State Champs
2019 Smyrna 20 Central 7 HVT State Champs
2020 Smyrna 34 Central 28
2020 Central 38 Smyrna 34 Central State Champs beating MT and Smyrna in the playoffs
2021 Smyrna 42 Central 0 Middletown State Champs

Central has won 2 state championship since Smyrna won their last

People are high on Central because they know they are a solid program with good coaching and a one year fall off is normal from time to time.

The hype around SC was purely based on the fact that there team was Freshman and Sophomore based last season. Plus no asterisks associated with the program. The Millsboro and Georgetown areas are experiencing the growth that Smyrna and MTown has gone through

ummm. you do realize high school rosters change every year and what happened last year doesn't mean anything. Some programs with integrity have to take a year to rebuild sometimes and don't just recruit in what they need.

Maybe this means something to you

2018 Central 31 Smyrna 12 Central State Champs
2019 Smyrna 20 Central 7 HVT State Champs
2020 Smyrna 34 Central 28
2020 Central 38 Smyrna 34 Central State Champs beating MT and Smyrna in the playoffs
2021 Smyrna 42 Central 0 Middletown State Champs

Central has won 2 state championship since Smyrna won their last

People are high on Central because they know they are a solid program with good coaching and a one year fall off is normal from time to time.
I think they are past their prime. Those point totals they lost by is hard to make up. In one year. I think they will be behind Middletown Smyrna Sallies St George’s Dover and maybe even Appo and Dover. We’ll see what happens tho

I think they are past their prime. Those point totals they lost by is hard to make up. In one year. I think they will be behind Middletown Smyrna Sallies St George’s Dover and maybe even Appo and Dover. We’ll see what happens tho
Past their prime? What the hell does that even mean? They were a young team last year how the hell could they be past their prime?

I honestly was thinking the exact same thing.

I Personally think the dark horse team to look out for is Dover. Coach Knapp is in his 2nd year. He’s well established. He’s gotten a new coaching team from the Kent stallions, and they have some ballers there. I wouldn’t be surprised if they upset the top 2 big dogs
Dover had a good year last year and if Coach Knapp is able to stay I do think that Dover could become a perennial contender. Coach Knapp is a really good coach and as long as they can keep bringing the kids out I think he will do really good things with them.

Cape is class of their division..nfl coach how can they not be good?
Woodbridge wins it all

Woodbridge is an excellent football program, tops probably in D2 but they are not winning the Championship this year. I really think St Marks-Archmere-DMA and possibly Caravel are all better than Woodbridge this year. Lost a ton from that team and the defense got completely exposed in the championship game and the offense couldn’t move the ball at all.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Do they have players coming up that are better than #33-#10 and the RB. If not then they are rebuilding this year.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Woodbridge is an excellent football program, tops probably in D2 but they are not winning the Championship this year. I really think St Marks-Archmere-DMA and possibly Caravel are all better than Woodbridge this year. Lost a ton from that team and the defense got completely exposed in the championship game and the offense couldn’t move the ball at all.
DOH!... forgot about St Marks. 😳 Honestly C2A is a crapshoot between about 6-8 programs.

Yes you do.. Go back and read your predictions page one of this thread and you stated why people give Central the benefit of the doubt. ..just saying lol

"5. Sussex Central ( Don’t know much about the roster but they always seem to be a competitive team)"

Reactions: 84rider

Class 3A

Class 2A

Class 1A
1. St E's- Benson
2. Laurel- Shockley
3. Odessa- Vinnie O
4. Seaford- Bolden
5. Who cares
Backinblack on crack with those 2A picks. Glad you are sleeping on some teams. Also glad you have an opinion and you post it. Keeps it fresh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT