ADVERTISEMENT

All Conf / All State Players at Half Way Point

HSSPORT#1

Tackles too high
Nov 4, 2013
Newark
Its almost halfway thru the High School Season. So which Players have stuck out so far. Give me some names School and positions. QB-RB-OL-TE-DE-DT-LB-CB-SS-Punt-K I have seen some great football and some sloppy games as well...Look forward to your thoughts....

I will focus on kids I have seen play personally or on film .. QB is an area I have had great interest in as I was one and have coached many but I am having a hard time with that position in DE this year. There really is no stand out QB IMO

at QB it has to be Logan Wescott at this juncture... Garrett Cannon (Sals) right behind him followed by Jones (HVT) and Heard (AI)

Reggie Carroll RB- William Penn
Chucky August RB - Laurel
Taron Selby- RB ST Georges
Darnell Savage- RB - Caravel

in that order

at WR Henderson AI and its Ziemba from ST Marks for sure and Sherlock from Sals... Throw Ronald Shipman-Scott from Mt Pleasant into he mix as well but there is no Andre Patton at WR that I have seen from DE yet this year

as far as O line.. I dont know enough , haven't seen enough or have anything to go on there.

OL- Jake Jones- HVT for sure I have seen enough of him..

Defensively (again this is just from what I have seen which is less than half the state)

Both Selbys are dynamite at safety for ST G... coverage as well as tackling..

Reggie Carroll at Corner.. Kyler Murray as well both from Penn

DL.. Junior Stefon Woodruff ST Georges is all any team wants to handle.. Gave Buck Jones fits all day.. Freeborn from Sals, Laznik and Badson Caravel..

LB's.. OLBS- Jones HVT.. Shipman Scott -Mt Pleasant.. Robinson CA

ILB -- Zitofsky and Heintzen (Caravel) are both having great years and both averaging 10plus tackles a game so far vs tough competition.. Gallagher- Archmere and Betts -ST Marks playing great as well..

****** again this is just players I have seen and only represents maybe 25 % of the state.. I am sure others are out there but these I can attest to...

This post was edited on 9/30 10:35 AM by ravensrooster2

I don't like this stuff until the end of the season but to prove to rr that I can handle the truth I offer
Marvel Watts - William Penn - special teams. Ouch!

Originally posted by mjcc:
Really Cannon. What has he done against good teams. He was horrible against WP, and barely better against Concord.
I dont think he was horrible against WP.. He may be a stretch but I like his poise and some things I saw in other games... but his ability to pass and make Sallies more balanced this year helps the team.. but yeah there are just things I saw in him I liked. Maybe I am projecting some in the future with him.. I will give you that,, against WP he did give his WR's a chance to make plays to win it and they dropped them .. none the less there really is no great QB's in DE this year at least that I have seen.. If you got one let us know I will check him out..

Originally posted by Chesdel:
I don't like this stuff until the end of the season but to prove to rr that I can handle the truth I offer
Marvel Watts - William Penn - special teams. Ouch!
Nothing wrong with throwing kids names out there as far who to watch... better than leaving it all behind closed doors to decide,,, I like the idea of someone giving me a reason to go see a game I may not consider going to if there is a player that needs to be looked at..

Wescott - 36 for 73 - 567 yards

Heard - 49 for 85 for 640 yards

Jones - 20 for 36 for 336 yards
This post was edited on 9/30 8:35 AM by mjcc

Originally posted by 81RAM:
Ben Campbell QB from Newark has put up some big numbers.
Crap I forgot about Campbell.. but I also haventt seen him yet.. Def have to make the Penn-Newark game

Wescott - 36 for 73 - 567 yards 6td 2 ints 85.2 QBR 252 rushing 4 tds 10 tds total

Eastep - 32 for 60 - 540 yards 3 td 1 int 93.7 QBR 14 yrds rushing 1 td 4 tds total

Heard - 49 for 85 for 640 yards 6 td 2 int 88.1 QBR 66 rushing 6 total TDs

* Jones - 20 for 36 for 336 yards 4 tds 0 ints 124 QBR.. 323 Rushing 3 tds 7 tds total

* St Georges game stats not entered..

Eastep does not need to run, when you have Normand and Schweizer in the backfield.
This post was edited on 9/30 8:34 AM by mjcc

Jones was 9 for 26 for 120 yards and 2 scores.
and 3 fumbles two of wihch were returned for TD that along with getting booted (yes leadership counts when judging QB's) .. which is why he was listed 4...

Eastep has done a admiral job stepping in but lets be real... When the other kid is healed he will be in there.. As much as you said Cannon was bad vs Penn , Eastep was worse vs Penn... No knock on Eastep he is a converted WR because of injury and a good athlete but lets not go overboard..

This post was edited on 9/30 2:05 PM by ravensrooster2

I may need that 1 week special exemption to complete my chad sheet....right now its hanging on Sat. night showdown @ Baynard.

Rooster you are wrong about eastep being worse than cannon. Cannon threw 2 interceptions. Eastep completed more passes. I am not to sure when the other kid is healed they will make a change. Only if it makes STM better.

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:

Really Cannon. What has he done against good teams. He was horrible against WP, and barely better against Concord.
I dont think he was horrible against WP.. He may be a stretch but I like his poise and some things I saw in other games... but his ability to pass and make Sallies more balanced this year helps the team.. but yeah there are just things I saw in him I liked. Maybe I am projecting some in the future with him.. I will give you that,, against WP he did give his WR's a chance to make plays to win it and they dropped them .. none the less there really is no great QB's in DE this year at least that I have seen.. If you got one let us know I will check him out..
mjcc is correct-he has potential but not there yet
RR- you are dead on....a (trained eye) can see the fundamentals are def. there, just need to see more of him before passing judgment. Time will tell. I did observe that if under heavy pressure, he appears to break down somewhat.That could be said of a lot of kids so no biggie.

Rooster.

Cannon was 6 for 23 for 59 yards and 2 int

Eastep was 7 for 19 for 67 yards and 1 int.

Both did not play very good
OK you convinced me... Put Ben Campbell in the top four and put Eastep and Cannon in the TBD grouping together... Even though I believe Cannon may have the better mechanics as a QB the stats show they are kind of even at this point as well as neither is a stand out so lets see the progression... Both rely heavily on big time WR ( Sherlock and Ziemba) making plays,, Lets call it a draw between these two and see what happens.. FYI .. I mentioned Cannon in my choices because I liked allot of what I saw in him,,, The stats to this point dont bare that out but I don't have access to Sallies stats,, Not that I don't like Eastep just the couple times I saw him he looked like a good athlete that was converted to QB doing what he could...
This post was edited on 9/30 1:05 AM by ravensrooster2

rr said: "
Nothing wrong with throwing kids names out there as far who to watch... better than leaving it all behind closed doors to decide"

rr, do you really think that anything that is put on depreps actually has an impact on whether the coaches recognize somebody with all state honors? I hope not. If they look at this stuff, it is for "entertainment purposes only."

Do I think directly? NO.. Do Coaches read this board ? Yes Who votes for All-State? The Coaches.. Name recognition is never a bad thing.. but NO I don't think what is posted on here will sway a coaches choice but they may recognize a name on the ballot that they may not of before .. even if it is subliminally..

BUT really it is for us fans so we know who to go see .. at least for me it is.. and entertainment..

Not my son. Just a fan of the game. If my son played, I would not be on here. I have all daughters.

This post was edited on 9/30 8:38 AM by mjcc

Campbell is 47-79 for 767 yds 10 TD's throwing 3 /INT's 4 rushing TD's. This in only 4 games!

Originally posted by 81RAM:
Campbell is 47-79 for 767 yds 10 TD's throwing 3 /INT's 4 rushing TD's. This in only 4 games!
Nice!!.. cant wait to watch him play.. won't be able to make Penn vs Newark though.. def check out Newark sometime..

RR you are the best, you should pick the all state teams! Keep up the good work! You are making some kids very happy!

How did I forget?.. Can't leave Stefon Johnson out of this discussion... very good two way player RB/LB for Brandywine.. I only caught a glimpse of him shortly.. would like to catch more vs a quality opponent..

I don't know anything about Concord other than they are pretty good this year.. Raider Nation speak up! give us some names...

HEEES BACK! LOL

Lets be clear we are not making suggestions for all-state here and not yet.. Way too early. Just a mid-season shout out to some players haveing good seasons so far...
happy0001.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Wolverine52:
Henderson 10th grade QB from Smyrna is 48/73 781yd 10TD/3Int in 3 games
rr...do you think Wolverine52 is Bummy?
This post was edited on 9/30 12:08 PM by Chesdel

Lil Rooster you have no idea who i am, but i do like to get off the chain every now and then!
cool.r191677.gif

Best that I have seen THIS YEAR on film or in person so far

DT Woodruff STG
QB Wescott Woodbridge
DT Elijah Lewis WP (strong and quick)
G Keith Medley STM (only saw 5 or 10 plays on film, but looked good)
DT/G Drewery Glasgow
TE/DE Burton WP

Some of these are obvious, but maybe some are not

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT