ADVERTISEMENT

All Conference/All-State

You guys are pretty much saying what I said. DIAA wanted them to comply. To do what they wanted to do it would have took them to leave DIAA. RLCA didn't want to back that vision. They thought they could have the cake and eat it. If RLCA would have backed them like I said they would probably be still in existence. They would probably have players like Henry from Hodgson, Philips from Tatnall, the freshman kid at Lake. Maybe perhaps a Fry, a Whitehead and Knight, a Edlin, Graham Roberts and a Alleyne playing slot so on and so forth.

fanofootball123... I think the last of the kids that saw the field at ECA are finishing HS this year or have finished and went on to play college ball. You are not going to get everyone into a top D1 situation at a program like that but because of a program like that you can get the non star player and spot duty player to a FCS school and solid D2 school at the least just because of the schedule and environment and that is why the kids will attend. As prep said in another post it's about the exposure and a school like ECA (old RLCA) does that for you.

You guys are pretty much saying what I said. DIAA wanted them to comply. To do what they wanted to do it would have took them to leave DIAA. RLCA didn't want to back that vision. They thought they could have the cake and eat it. If RLCA would have backed them like I said they would probably be still in existence. They would probably have players like Henry from Hodgson, Philips from Tatnall, the freshman kid at Lake. Maybe perhaps a Fry, a Whitehead and Knight, a Edlin, Graham Roberts and a Alleyne playing slot so on and so forth.

fanofootball123... I think the last of the kids that saw the field at ECA are finishing HS this year or have finished and went on to play college ball. You are not going to get everyone into a top D1 situation at a program like that but because of a program like that you can get the non star player and spot duty player to a FCS school and solid D2 school at the least just because of the schedule and environment and that is why the kids will attend. As prep said in another post it's about the exposure and a school like ECA (old RLCA) does that for you.
This is 100 percent accurate. My understanding of the Redlion situation is that higher ups did not like the influx of the types of kids coming into the school. As with anything when starting out their will be bumps on the road. They should have stayed the course and seen the bigger vision. As it happened ESA was formed out of necessity do to the failure at RedLion. I’m sure Papa Sills would have helped them out with the shortfall they were having with enrollment. Too many people not thinking Long term. Fix it not abandoned the concept all together.

The football experiment at Red Lion almost ruined that school for good. I know many a family that left there because of the football - basketball focus. It was a pipe dream that everyone knew was going to fail.

If they played by the rules in the beginning it may have worked but they went about everything backwards. Saying it’s a good thing is just idiotic. Like I’ve said before I would like to know what happened to the kids that they promised DI scholarships to and it didn’t happen. Where are they now? I’m sure that internet education they received at ECA is really paying off.

May I ask why a family would pull there kids because of the focus on football or basketball? Why would that effect a child from pursuing a good education and studying. The education did not suffer. The choice was made to move because they did not like the “type” of kids Coming into the school. Honestly that is sad but a fact

May I ask why a family would pull there kids because of the focus on football or basketball? Why would that effect a child from pursuing a good education and studying. The education did not suffer. The choice was made to move because they did not like the “type” of kids Coming into the school. Honestly that is sad but a fact
In the eyes of some parents, their child's education did suffer and educational standards were being lowered. They did what they felt was best for their children as any parent should.

In the eyes of some parents, their child's education did suffer and educational standards were being lowered. They did what they felt was best for their children as any parent should.

That is dumb in itself.

I graduated HS with a 2.7. I had a friend finish with a 4.3 and another with a 1.3. Myself and the 4.3 went to separate schools. Ivy league and not so Ivy league the 1.3 went to the military. Did the 4.3 suffer because of the 1.3 no.

I'm pretty sure like most on here can relate something like that.

That is dumb in itself.

I graduated HS with a 2.7. I had a friend finish with a 4.3 and another with a 1.3. Myself and the 4.3 went to separate schools. Ivy league and not so Ivy league the 1.3 went to the military. Did the 4.3 suffer because of the 1.3 no.

I'm pretty sure like most on here can relate something like that.

Really. So what you are saying is, that parents that did what they thought was best for their child, were wrong. That is what the parents who pulled their kids out said, right on this very board when they did it. Dumb in itself? U have no idea about that. Let's compare stats for a moment.
1. I left HS in 10th grade when my father walked out on my mother and I had to chip in.
2. I have worked a full time job from the age of 14, all my life.
3. I joined the Navy at 18, and was accepted into the submarine force.
4. I learned electronics and the college math that went with it while in Submarine Electronics Technical Training School back in 1982.
5. I attended and completed Submarine Crryptographic Maintenance School in Mare Island California in 1983.

I could continue, but please let me get my point. The proudest aspect of my life is the family that I raised. My two sons and one daughter, two of whom have graduated college and the other is an electrician. Along the way, every, and I mean every decision I made was for their benefit. That is what a parent does, they make the decisions for their children that they believe is in the their best interest. So, back when Sills was trying to take control of the school some parents didn't like it and made a decision that was in the best interest of their child. Get That Straight.

Because the education did suffer and those people didn’t send their kids to school to be infiltrated by a bunch of football and basketball players

Not to mention the amount of money that was being wasted

It was supposed to be a small Christian school not a football factory

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Because the education did suffer and those people didn’t send their kids to school to be infiltrated by a bunch of football and basketball players

Not to mention the amount of money that was being wasted

It was supposed to be a small Christian school not a football factory
So you are saying that if they were in a public school were they have college prep classmates, advantaced AP kids , and kids taking on level regular classes that if a influx of kids taking regular classes came in they should leave the school? Just like in public school the kids taking AP and college prep are not effected by the students in regular. What if Redlion decided to bring in special need children and suddenly they brought in 100s of those kids. Should the parents take their kids out? It was the “type” of kid the inner city kids they did not like. It had nothing to do with the education suffering. Because I mean how would that be possible? Makes no sense at all. Call it like it is. You even used the word infiltrated like they came in stole the books from the smart kids and suddenly they could not learn BS. I spent a lot of time in the area back then because everyone wanted Kenny Bigelow. So I have heard plenty of stories on why what happened did.

Why do you continue to quote "type" ? Is there something you know that the rest of us don't?

Can anyone post a list of the all conference selections, or a link that does not require me to pay $20 just to see it like delawareonline is asking?

Can anyone post a list of the all conference selections, or a link that does not require me to pay $20 just to see it like delawareonline is asking?

Little trick for you...google it. Something along lines of “all conference football teams delawareonline” You can access NJ material off google search rather than directly off their website.

Little trick for you...google it. Something along lines of “all conference football teams delawareonline” You can access NJ material off google search rather than directly off their website.
Thanks for the suggestion, I had been doing that in the past, but the delawareonline web team has shut that down. When I do that now, a pop up window for premium access comes up. When you X that out you are taken back to the home page. I even tried deleting their cookies before the search, no luck. I now live out of state, and I have been keeping up with the local Delaware football buzz through this website and reading a occasional article in NJ. The NJ paid access is just not worth it for the limited times I would use it. Oh well, it's time to get ready for some serious turkey....Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I will be at the state title game. Milford should be there. Im back home this week.
No, Milford is evil LOL. Be at the semi
@Ikeyfbst2, I wasn’t referring to you, pump your brakes and take a deep breath, you asked why prep kept saying “type” so I in return simply stated that’s what he meant in the context used smh
That was just the beer talking.

Reactions: 84rider
Those kids. We’re called and published as thugs in the News Journal. As well as Pastor betters kid claiming none of them would go to college in Twitter. NJ original article that started the fire storm was so wrong on their accounts. Just like they caused hysteria the other day about an active shooter incident that wasn’t that at all. Joke rag

The one poster was right. The issue at Red Lion was the influx of black kids. It’s that simple

I believe the kids that went through RLCA are much more educated and better off than those that just went to ECA. Imo ECA education was a joke At least at RLCA they had to follow rules and adhere to some academic standards. ECA was all football and training .

Last edited:
Those kids. We’re called and published as thugs in the News Journal. As well as Pastor betters kid claiming none of them would go to college in Twitter. NJ original article that started the fire storm was so wrong on their accounts. Just like they caused hysteria the other day about an active shooter incident that wasn’t that at all. Joke rag

The one poster was right. The issue at Red Lion was the influx of black kids. It’s that simple

I believe the kids that went through RLCA are much more educated and better off than those that just went to ECA. Imo ECA education was a joke At least at RLCA they had to follow rules and adhere to some academic standards. ECA was all football and training .
Ban

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT